Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Mcgrok Harvenger the Seeker of the M..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #58553
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 29-May-07 08:12 AM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17189 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58553, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Mcgrok Harvenger the Seeker of the Macalla"

Tue May 29 08:11:39 2007

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Mcgrok perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:43
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:194

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I like how you threatened to kill my warrior, Tribunalite (Guest), 06-Jun-07 01:32 AM, #15
Reply Curiosity killed the cat.., Marcus_, 30-May-07 03:08 AM, #4
Reply You were cool, Sekhuroth (Guest), 30-May-07 03:22 AM, #5
Reply Nice Character, Kastellyn, 30-May-07 11:00 AM, #6
Reply Well done., Lyristeon, 30-May-07 12:58 PM, #7
Reply Thanks.. Sorta, Marcus_, 30-May-07 01:17 PM, #8
     Reply Don't get me wrong., Lyristeon, 30-May-07 04:18 PM, #11
          Reply Hehe, I couldn't resist :p, Marcus_, 31-May-07 07:53 AM, #12
Reply RE: Curiosity killed the cat.., Yean, 30-May-07 01:28 PM, #9
Reply This char ticked me off, but not in abad way., Habliggle (Guest), 30-May-07 03:27 PM, #10
Reply Awww Fahq naw, Khadrun (Guest), 01-Jun-07 03:54 AM, #13
Reply the pirate thing rocked :), Vhloughvang (Guest), 01-Jun-07 12:23 PM, #14
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Mcgrok Harvenger the Seeker of t..., Bogba (Guest), 29-May-07 10:56 PM, #3
Reply You were tough., Quemmelest (Guest), 29-May-07 09:49 PM, #2
Reply Fights with you were fun., Yver (Guest), 29-May-07 08:34 PM, #1

Tribunalite (Guest)Wed 06-Jun-07 01:32 AM

#58787, "I like how you threatened to kill my warrior"
In response to Reply #0

Because a mage in my Cabal pissed you off.

Marcus_Wed 30-May-07 03:08 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
681 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58567, "Curiosity killed the cat.."
In response to Reply #0

My inspiration for Mcgrok came from quorochiho, a duergar flail spec rager that spoke in all caps (played by twist I found out later). I fought him some with, I think, my first char ever on cf. (felar assassin entropy wannabe).. Got pwnt. So anyway, all caps speaking rager was pretyt much the foundation of the character. Then I made him a pirate too, but after watching pirates of the carribean 3 I realized how much I sucked at speaking pirate, so I deleted. Well, it was also due to being distended into fag heaven, and since everybody just loved to #### up the little distended duergar.. And I just can't say no to a fight, even if I know it's stupid.. So my con got down to 7 or 8, and I couldn't be bothered to hero when knew I'd only have like 20 hours until condeath.. Don't really know why I hit the delete button, it was sort of impulsive (5 minutes earlier I was decided on going for a con quest). But it'll be fun to make something new.

Anyway, as always when playing a RBW I hated most of my enemies for being ganking sissies who would only fight when the odds were far beyond favorable. A couple of them were cool or really cool though. As for the ragers, I liked y'all. But I won't comment on people, write something and I'll holler back.

Sekhuroth (Guest)Wed 30-May-07 03:22 AM

#58568, "You were cool"
In response to Reply #4

We tangled a few times, and I got you once. I tell you though, that time you had me entangled and throat-hurled in the desert...I was dead to rights. I got lucky someone came along and fought you off.

I loved your comments when I got you though. That was damn funny.

Mcgrok tells you 'FARGIN' HELL! AH THINK YE USED ME COURAGE AGAINST ME!'

You tell Mcgrok 'It appears that my strategy is an open book.'

Mcgrok tells you 'ARR! IT WILL NAE WORK AGAIN!'

KastellynWed 30-May-07 11:00 AM
864 posts
#58573, "Nice Character"
In response to Reply #4

I liked Mcgrok, thought he was a beast of a PKer, but always, always had his solid RP going on. I agree, you weren't all that good at speaking pirate - but who is?

Awesome skill at PK sometimes results in turning your enemies into ganking sissies. Take it for the complement it was.

As always, I look forward to your next!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

LyristeonWed 30-May-07 12:58 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58577, "Well done."
In response to Reply #4

You are a killer. No doubt you really get the pk side of this game extremely well. Your way with words as a duergar were solid. I think you can up it a notch if you were to not be the guy who tries to kill everything that moves. It would add another dimension to your already solid game if you would rp out the holding back on folks who are not enemies. I know it's a pk mud and it's nice to see those stats on the PBF, but, you can get your 100+ on those who are strictly enemies. Good luck with the next.

Marcus_Wed 30-May-07 01:17 PM
681 posts
#58579, "Thanks.. Sorta"
In response to Reply #7

Thanks for the nice words. As for the other part, I feel misunderstood.

Maybe I have a somewhat larger group of "personal enemies" than other players.. But nevertheless, thinking back, the only time I think I was out of line with mcgrok was a short while in the low ranks when I decided to slaughter some orcs.

For the rest of the people I killed, I'm quite sure I had a reason. For example the following comment by you:
Sat Apr 7 20:01:20 2007 by 'Lyristeon' at level 33 (83 hrs):
Okay, we just attacked an uncabaled evil warrior.

What really happened there, was that I attacked the mage that was with the uncaballed evil warrior in Darsylon. The mage got away, and I headed to Udgaard. I knew that was said mage's hometown so I figure I might find 'em there. Right outside Udgaard, I spotted the warrior and tried bashing him. We fought a bit, and he ran away. I mean, I won't deny that I don't have the most fun when I am surrounded by enemies, all throwing themselves at me like doped up kobolds (atleast when I win or atleast get away)... But I still think that I get much more criticism than other players for the same behavior. I mean, I've been called out by cabal NPC's four times asking why I attacked someone.. Once was for killing a dwarf with my outlander, twice the other person attacked me and I killed them.. Once was for going at it with Kubilak with a mage in my pk range, and that one's on me.. I mean, I do try to build my chars so that I will have alot of people gunning for me (duergar ragers, evil outlanders).. For exactly the reason that I won't have to break my RP in order to get the amount of action it takes to keep me happy. I also try to work for a cabal's goals at the same time, so I don't just become a pointless killer. It's a hard line to walk, at times :p

LyristeonWed 30-May-07 04:18 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58585, "Don't get me wrong."
In response to Reply #8

You are an excellent player. I think you could be moreso with words at times rather than a beat down.

If you take a look at your pkstats, you will find that there had to be more than just one that I saw that would fit the description.

175 pks.
76 of them against warriors, thieves and assassins.
66 against (full) mages. (Invokers, Necros, APs, Transmuters, Shapeshifters and Conjurers)
106 of them against uncabaled characters.
100 of them against evil.
33 evil cabaled enemies.
18 nexus.

If you look at just these stats, there were evil and neutral non-cabaled, non-rager enemies out there that you had to have killed beyond the one I saw.

I am not knocking you for being an excellent pker on a pk mud. That's fully something we encourage. Heck, you are an evil berserker villager, you should be out kicking ass. I, for one, would have liked to seen the guy who was just hell bent on killing mages and those who are cabaled enemies than to see someone who just runs over folks all the time. I think you have it in you to give more of the rp side to the players, imms and yourself then to be that blur of hunting motion.

When you see the imm comments that look a little bleh, it isn't usually because of a one time incident. Mine was actually the third time that an imm had stated something regarding the random acts of killing.

Marcus_Thu 31-May-07 07:53 AM
681 posts
#58594, "Hehe, I couldn't resist :p"
In response to Reply #11

If you take a look at your pkstats, you will find that there had to be more than just one that I saw that would fit the description.

175 pks.
76 of them against warriors, thieves and assassins.
66 against (full) mages. (Invokers, Necros, APs, Transmuters, Shapeshifters and Conjurers)
106 of them against uncabaled characters.
100 of them against evil.
33 evil cabaled enemies.
18 nexus.

If you look at, for example, Jinroh's pk statistics, you'll see about the same distribution:
207 pks
75 mage kills
12 scion
13 empire

With Bundeltorf I had about 65% mage kills (because it's much easier to kill mages with a thief, and you get to choose your targets), but he also got his share of "bleh" comments. I think it's more related to me spending a very large amount of my time looking for pks instead of, for example, looking for eq. (I just buy basic eq and get going.. I don't think I ever killed a mob tougher than your average ranking mob for gear).. But you do have a point that I prefer doing stuff with other characters, rather than just talking or emoting.. And quite often that "doing stuff" part is me trying to kill them. But I would, for example, love to go on a hell trip.. Unfortunately, the opportunity has never presented itself. But now I'm just ranting

YeanWed 30-May-07 01:28 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#58580, "RE: Curiosity killed the cat.."
In response to Reply #4

This is unexpected..I thought that Mcgrok felt like a steady char that would reach and make it big(ger) at the hero ranks. Your pk prowess was extremely impressive from what I heard, and I enjoyed seeing him about, as well as his rp. He seemed like the sort of char that affected people positively whenever about, and the Village was always livelier whenever you were about. Well done, and hope you roll one back to us soon!

Habliggle (Guest)Wed 30-May-07 03:27 PM

#58584, "This char ticked me off, but not in abad way."
In response to Reply #4

Just that every time you got me, was at the altar near death. One time because my group worded me when I didn't ask for it, and had said my mind was gone. Another time I think I just made a mistake of being out of form. Then, every time we fought, I would send you packing but couldn't land the kill because its not all that easy with certain forms. Anyway, other than that, you always seemed solid and I enjoyed our interactions/fights.

Khadrun (Guest)Fri 01-Jun-07 03:54 AM

#58604, "Awww Fahq naw"
In response to Reply #4

No way, you were my favorite, man, rager is old hat without u

Vhloughvang (Guest)Fri 01-Jun-07 12:23 PM

#58613, "the pirate thing rocked :)"
In response to Reply #4

haha I have always wanted to roll a crazy pirate in cf and I am glad someone did haha

Well played, lots of deaths but tons of balls

all an all congrats and I hope you had fun

Bogba (Guest)Tue 29-May-07 10:56 PM

#58566, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Mcgrok Harvenger the Seeker of t..."
In response to Reply #0

You pretty much defined rank and file berserker to me. You were completely, totally awesome, and from the outside, even in the same cabal, you looked like a force of nature. Nice showing; I'm sure your pk ratio is pretty amazing, a nice all-around character. I'm sad and sorry to see you delete, I can't imagine why you would, but I don't know what went on.

Quemmelest (Guest)Tue 29-May-07 09:49 PM

#58563, "You were tough."
In response to Reply #0

Too bad you were so many levels above me
Maybe I would have survived a little longer.
I wonder if they are going to fix that corpseguard bug that we discovered.... that was messed.

Yver (Guest)Tue 29-May-07 08:34 PM

#58562, "Fights with you were fun."
In response to Reply #0

BUT WHY THE CAPS LOCK? WAS MCGROK DEAF?

Anyway, cool stuff, luck with the next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #58553 Previous topic | Next topic