Subject: "(Semi-rage) deleted" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #58358
Show all folders

Xahrakran (Guest)Sun 19-Aug-07 09:01 PM

#58358, "(Semi-rage) deleted"

Yes, it wasn't as much a rage delete as it perhaps seemed, allow me to explain:

1. Regardless of how good any game is (and CF is most excellent), it still boils down to the playerbase. I don't see many people in my pk at any time, so getting a fight is hard. See also 2.

2. Imho, people play too much on the safe side. Unless they're prepped up like a junk on an overdose, many, luckily not all, flee at first sight of you. Except for the occasional flying, I never prepped. I just choose to not bother. Most preps I did gather, were used on tough mobs whom I wanted a piece of gear from. Still, I got my fair share of good kills. So stop hiding, and let's have some fun.

3. Because of the low player count, interactions are low. So you have to keep busy somehow, resulting in countless hours of coin/gear gathering or solo-ranking/practice, which more often than not result in an exp penalty, in my case, anyway.

So, point
4. In the end, too much time is wasted doing, in essence, nothing. And after a year out, I again find myself spending way too much time.

Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth

---

A big thank you to the Imms and the players who do their best to make this game fun and a fully meant #@&*^ you to all people who don't.

I'm out, peace

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply Thread locked (old, getting spam), Valguarnera, 19-Aug-07 09:02 PM, #19
Reply Man, I was trying for my next level then was comming fo..., Vallas (Guest), 20-May-07 01:35 PM, #14
Reply addenum, Vallas (Guest), 20-May-07 01:36 PM, #13
Reply On hiding, Xahrakran (Guest), 20-May-07 01:46 PM, #15
     Reply Some of this was timing., Vallas (Guest), 20-May-07 01:56 PM, #12
          Reply My point is, Xahrakran (Guest), 20-May-07 03:50 PM, #10
               Reply In my case..., Vallas (Guest), 20-May-07 03:55 PM, #5
               Reply I like how you just make assumptions..., Ares, 20-May-07 07:19 PM, #9
                    Reply And there goes my point as you miss it entirely ..., Xahrakran (Guest), 21-May-07 01:31 AM, #8
                         Reply Some people don't want to try, and that's their perogat..., Ares Guest (Guest), 21-May-07 09:29 AM, #6
                         Reply CF is not an RP only mud either, Xahrakran (Guest), 21-May-07 10:08 AM, #1
                              Reply Do you remember attacking me in Hamsah?, Vallas (Guest), 21-May-07 10:36 AM, #2
                                   Reply Yeah, that's part of the point, Xahrakran (Guest), 21-May-07 11:04 AM, #3
                                        Reply Maybe I am reading this wrong., Vallas (Guest), 21-May-07 11:12 AM, #4
                         Reply By the way, for your info, Xahrakran (Guest), 21-May-07 01:40 AM, #7
Reply Addendum, on orcs and wimpy, Xahrakran (Guest), 21-May-07 01:59 AM, #11
     Reply I personally hate it., Vallas (Guest), 21-May-07 09:45 AM, #17
     Reply RE: Addendum, on orcs and wimpy, Darmos (Guest), 21-May-07 09:17 AM, #18
          Reply That was fun, Xahrakran (Guest), 21-May-07 09:30 AM, #16

ValguarneraSun 19-Aug-07 09:02 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60798, "Thread locked (old, getting spam)"
In response to Reply #0

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Vallas (Guest)Sun 19-Aug-07 09:00 PM

#58359, "Man, I was trying for my next level then was comming fo..."
In response to Reply #0

But you berserked into me where every Tribunal who ever exsisted was standing right there.

I need orcs to fight and that was not how I wanted it to end with us!

As far as hidding, I don't blame anyone for not comming out when odds are against them. But you seemed to catch me half dead when ranking. I'm not having that match up.

Vallas (Guest)Sun 19-Aug-07 09:00 PM

#58360, "addenum"
In response to Reply #14

You were a fun opponent. Ballsy, but I hate when 30 somethings get wanted. Guaranteed Mob Death for an orc at that rank.

Xahrakran (Guest)Sun 19-Aug-07 09:00 PM

#58361, "On hiding"
In response to Reply #14

I'm of the principle of:

I'm just one guy, so are you. If I flatten you every single time, I'm probably doing something right, while you are not.

The only reason when you should flee to a far away place, is when you're really outmatched race/class-wise. Honestly, the first times we met, you probably had little to no chance of actually beating me, but you still could have made my life rough, by for instance stripping me of my weapon(s).

There is no shame in being beaten, there is in never showing.

Once you got passed 25, you had all the means to make my life really tricky, maybe you just don't realise it, I don't know.

Again, just my opinion, good luck with Vallas.

Vallas (Guest)Sun 19-Aug-07 08:59 PM

#58362, "Some of this was timing."
In response to Reply #15

Some was my mind set.

Some of it was uncertainty about others around you.

When you catch me ranking I have my mind on, dirt, jab, jab, jab and I have had to many mob deaths in my time from fleeing a mob to engage a PK only to have it track and finish me.

As far as what I could do you you, as the other Skulls, I fight all the orcs, even those with 7 ranks on me.

Some of our problems may have been passing each other in the mail. I went out looking for you a couple times.

Xahrakran (Guest)Sun 19-Aug-07 08:59 PM

#58364, "My point is"
In response to Reply #12

To be clear, I mean this in an entirely general way, no stab at you ...

I've beaten guys who really shouldn't have been there in the first place. But I respect them for staying, and they will learn from it.

If you do nothing but flee, in the end you will end up having done nothing.

Vallas (Guest)Sun 19-Aug-07 08:57 PM

#58365, "In my case..."
In response to Reply #10

I've stayed until the end and fought unwinnible fights enough with previous lives. I learned those lessons years ago.

Vallas isn't going to fight like that.

AresSun 19-Aug-07 08:58 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2007
41 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58368, "I like how you just make assumptions..."
In response to Reply #10

about how other play the game. Carrion Fields is about Roleplay AND PK. Except, Roleplaying is mandatory. PK is not. Please understand this. Telling other people how they should stand up and fight... and inevitably die to your bashmonger Orc makes you look like a real douche bag.

Maybe *you* could make an Orcs life rough with a level 25 Elf warrior. But that doesn't mean everyone else can. But for you to disrespect someone for turning down a fight that they are fairly certain they will lose, is just wrong.

It's easy to make the accusations you're making when you're talking about bashing people to death with an Orc, who had well above par equipment, and who is outmatching his opponents. Please stop being a cockmonger please.

And no, not everyone is a prepwhore like you accuse them of being. Just because you don't use basic necessities to survive, doesn't constitute someone else being a prepwhore.

Maybe when you realize that people play this game for different reasons (other than your own), you might enjoy it more.

Xahrakran (Guest)Sun 19-Aug-07 08:58 PM

#58376, "And there goes my point as you miss it entirely ..."
In response to Reply #9

What I'm saying is: How are you going to know if you can beat me or not if you never even at least TRY!

Ares Guest (Guest)Sun 19-Aug-07 08:58 PM

#58385, "Some people don't want to try, and that's their perogat..."
In response to Reply #8

nt

Xahrakran (Guest)Mon 21-May-07 10:08 AM

#58392, "CF is not an RP only mud either"
In response to Reply #6

Ofcourse it's their perogative, I respect that.

It's also my perogative to (especially when there's not a lot of people on) not like how I spend a lot of time trying to find someone, who immediately q return/teleport's at the moment I stick my nose in.

How do you think I got the gear I had, by taking risks, not by not trying.

Vallas (Guest)Mon 21-May-07 10:36 AM

#58393, "Do you remember attacking me in Hamsah?"
In response to Reply #1

How did that go for you even without my guards?

Some people are just doing other things that don't pertain to you.

Xahrakran (Guest)Mon 21-May-07 11:04 AM

#58395, "Yeah, that's part of the point"
In response to Reply #2

It's not about winning, but about trying. I rather get my ass kicked than not do anything because of the consequences (good or bad) that might have.

And that was also my point to you, Elves have an advantage over Orcs, yes I hit like a rock, but I also defend like one.

Vallas (Guest)Mon 21-May-07 11:12 AM

#58396, "Maybe I am reading this wrong."
In response to Reply #3

But I wasn't afraid of this character.

I just had other things to do. I really wanted to fight you, but the timming was bad.

Xahrakran (Guest)Sun 19-Aug-07 08:58 PM

#58377, "By the way, for your info"
In response to Reply #8

I'm much more an RP'r than a PK'r.

Xahrakran (Guest)Sun 19-Aug-07 08:59 PM

#58378, "Addendum, on orcs and wimpy"
In response to Reply #0

I've heard many complains about fixed wimpy before, but I just love it.

It's like an emergency fail-safe system. I compare it to like if you're flying some experimental test airplane. Wimpy is your ejection seat that allows you to bail out just before it's about to explode. It means you can go all out with your orc, and either you've finished your opponent, or you get the chance to bail out ... or not, sometimes.

Vallas (Guest)Sun 19-Aug-07 09:01 PM

#58390, "I personally hate it."
In response to Reply #11

It's not a choice.

If you like your wimpy theres a command for it.

wimp 50

Darmos (Guest)Sun 19-Aug-07 09:01 PM

#58383, "RE: Addendum, on orcs and wimpy"
In response to Reply #11

I hate wimpy, hah. The one day we did fight, it was fun. Close both ways. Kudos for you going right back to in front of the Inn, practically daring for me to attack again. Awesome.

Xahrakran (Guest)Sun 19-Aug-07 09:00 PM

#58386, "That was fun"
In response to Reply #18

I knew that if luck was on my side, I could turn the odds and bring you down. I sure got real close that one time, ha!

I got divine exp* for those fights, so thanks, that got me an edge

* thanks to the IMM in question also, btw

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #58358 Previous topic | Next topic