Subject: "(DELETED) [HERALD] Seeayna the Student of History" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #57877
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 03-May-07 08:36 AM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17189 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57877, "(DELETED) [HERALD] Seeayna the Student of History"

Thu May 3 08:33:52 2007

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Seeayna perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:bard
Level:45
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:85

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Moved the goodbyes, bugboy, 05-May-07 02:22 PM, #1
     Reply No Imm love?, Sokde (Guest), 06-May-07 07:10 AM, #2
          Reply RE: No Imm love? (It's no surprise really), Seeayna (Guest), 06-May-07 09:27 AM, #3
               Reply RE: No Imm love? (It's no surprise really), Magus_guest (Guest), 06-May-07 09:53 AM, #4
               Reply So basically-, Seeayna (Guest), 06-May-07 11:20 AM, #5
               Reply Actually:, Daevryn, 06-May-07 11:43 AM, #6
               Reply No offense but, it's still on you., Sokde (Guest), 06-May-07 02:23 PM, #7
               Reply I apologize-, Seeayna (Guest), 06-May-07 02:39 PM, #8

bugboySat 05-May-07 02:22 PM
Member since 23rd Mar 2007
95 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#57941, "Moved the goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Well folks, this was my second attempt at a bard, but unfortunately other projects were getting in the way of playing her. This was my attempt at having what qualifies as a "Normal" CF relationship. It just wasn't happening, I made this character's past way too unusual, AND she was a 7'4" elf.

Thanks go out to-

Siladhiele-
You were like a big sister for Seeayna, and I can't thank you enough for my second most successful Herald character.

Yvalthras-
I can't believe you deleted. I thought you were holding something for Seeayna, but that darn... Formality, kept getting in your way I think. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Yikoti-
I was really hoping you'd get out of that shell. The character seemed lonely and at the very least in need of companionship but you won't let anyone get close.

Herald-
All of you were very kind to me, and Herald remains my favorite cabal, even though it isn't a cabal in the traditional sense. Thanks for the long standing joke, Glin, I had a lot of fun with that.

Imms-
Let's face it, I just don't really get Imm love. I never have with past characters except with Balim. You all scare me even though I know you shouldn't. It's like I miss out on all the really good opportunities because I don't usually play from school, so I have to wait until I get home.

If I missed anyone, just let me know and I'll get back to you when I can.

Sokde (Guest)Sun 06-May-07 07:10 AM

#57976, "No Imm love?"
In response to Reply #1

You were inducted not too long ago as far as the character goes, planned one event and then didn't show for it. I know that ooc stuff gets in the way sometimes, but that's why we have the liberty of being able to plan it ourselves. I don't know about Immortal love, but as far as Sodke was concerned, if you miss an event and then expect praise for it, it's a bit ass backwards.

I liked what I saw of your character, though I seem to have the exact opposite schedual as every other Herald and didn't get to see you much. As far as being a Herald, there's nothing that sticks out in my mind that's memorable, except for the flop of a costume party, but your roleplay was neat to listen to, and you seemed constant. Kudos.

Better luck on your next.

Seeayna (Guest)Sun 06-May-07 09:27 AM

#57980, "RE: No Imm love? (It's no surprise really)"
In response to Reply #2

I did in fact reschedule the event, and it was an enormous no-show for the storytelling. Siladhiele had to send a letter to all about drinks and food because they wouldn't have time to try to put a story together. Whenever I get a really good character that I'd like to really get some attention, they simply don't. It's really, really frustrating a lot of the time because the characters I really don't care about get more attention. I can't say I blame the Imms about the lack of love though. They spend all their time watching people in the PK cabals or that do massive PK that most everyone else just goes by unnoticed.

Magus_guest (Guest)Sun 06-May-07 09:53 AM

#57982, "RE: No Imm love? (It's no surprise really)"
In response to Reply #3

You have a pretty one sided view of how Immortals do things. And your perception isn't a very accurate one. There's a handful of Imms that do random snoops. They might watch you for like five minutes, or longer, depending on what you're doing. If you're just sitting around the Inn with your finger up your butt, and there's no one there, they're probably going to move on to someone who is actually doing something. Yes, it is *more* likely that a Fortress warrior is off at the Palace fighting some badass Empire shaman at the Palace. Maybe that warrior is stacked against bad odds, but ends up pulling something really great off, and manages to retrieve. Don't you think that's a little more worthwhile as far as "Imm-loving" goes? I think it is.

The last several characters I've played, I've gotten random snoop comments and bonus Imm experience, because I'm usually out mixing it up, or trying to roleplay (with other players or mobs). No one is stupid to the fact that some Heralds (not saying you) go in there, there's no one around, and they are just sitting there like dead air, probably off reading forums or doing something other than what a Herald is supposed to be doing, which is roleplaying.

Let's be honest here. Heralds are downright boring to watch, because half the time they aren't even doing anything meaningful.

Seeayna (Guest)Sun 06-May-07 11:20 AM

#57985, "So basically-"
In response to Reply #4

You're saying that I'm right, except for the time exaggeration, and obviously, it's not gonna be ALL the Imms anyway. I'm so used to it now that it doesn't bother me anymore.

DaevrynSun 06-May-07 11:43 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57986, "Actually:"
In response to Reply #3

>It's really, really frustrating a lot of the
>time because the characters I really don't care about get more
>attention. I can't say I blame the Imms about the lack of love
>though. They spend all their time watching people in the PK
>cabals or that do massive PK that most everyone else just goes
>by unnoticed.

I tried watching Seeayna a number of times, and what it amounted to was, she logs on, there aren't other Heralds around, she hangs around in the Inn for like 5-10 minutes, and she logs off.

You weren't unnoticed; you were just unimpressive. A better Herald could get things going on their own and make people try harder to RP just by being around them.

Sokde (Guest)Sun 06-May-07 02:23 PM

#57990, "No offense but, it's still on you."
In response to Reply #3

If the event was a no show, run around and talk to everyone to let them know it's going on. The last 'no show' event that Sokde had turned out to be pretty fun as we lost our structure and just started inviting everyone and their pets and friends to join us at least for food, drink and company. Dozen or so people stuck around for a little over an hour. Event or not, it was still a good time getting drunk and eating too much.

Basicly, if you have a no show event, advertise a little more, even if it's last minute. You would be (though I'm not) suprised at how many people plain old skip over Herald letters. I'm guilty of this with other characters as well.

I saw your character five or so times, I think. From the other Heralds that I'd spoken with, they saw you about the same number of times. I doubt doubt what Daevryn said about you logging on and then logging immediately back out. In fact, because I'm playing a Herald thief, I see a lot of people doing this. One of the times I saw you log on, I had someone blackjacked and wasn't going to take up my short ass blackjack timer to say hello. So, I waited, but before I was even two rooms away from the person, you'd already signed off.

Let's face it. If you play a Herald who doesn't like small talk and getting things stirred up, of course it's going to be boring. With Sokde, I get NO Immortal interactions unless I'm the one to initiate, and if I were to initiate it in a ####ty way, I don't expect a responce. You get what you put in.

Seeayna (Guest)Sun 06-May-07 02:39 PM

#57991, "I apologize-"
In response to Reply #3

for the overgeneralization. I didn't mean to sound like that, and ONE of the reasons that I'd only be on for ten fifteen minutes is because I actually have RL stuff that I have to get done. If I was on before 3:30PM I was still at school, and I get out at 3:15, so I usually only have a few minutes to begin with until I get home. When I do stay on though I do try to interact with people.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #57877 Previous topic | Next topic