Subject: "Ahiviln" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #57770
Show all folders

KarelSat 28-Apr-07 11:44 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
569 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57770, "Ahiviln"

And the next character gone. I haven't played a necro to hero, or even past level 20 I think, in at least ten years. I can honestly say I never will again. If you could use greater/lesser undead for ranking it wouldn't be so bad, but for the most part a necro is just dead weight, not a feeling I enjoy. I was going to delete after my RoD session when I felt rather certain any chance of a lich quest went swirly, and the the suggestion of going mummy right after having a spell taken away I am pretty sure has at least some bearing on it made me want to smack someone. Then I figured right after the Hell trip that was planned I would delete. But I stuck around a bit longer. Getting full looted tonight by someone I would always at least try to fight, leave everything if they did die... well, I just said #### you very much, goodbye. Overall I think the pbase is getting better in that regard, so that's good. Anyways, I'm not too upset about killing the character off, there was more irritation and fustration than was worth it.

P.S. To the imms, no, I did not consider it bug abuse, since about eight years ago I had that happen to me and the imm I spoke to said they'd look into it. Since it didn't change I would assume it means if you come up with the idea, go for it. Why didn't I mention that? Because I got the distinct impression I was guilty before the trial started, so why even argue. I don't generally find fault with you guys, even when it involves me, but this time I definitely do.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Ahiviln, Lillune (Guest), 02-May-07 04:49 PM, #15
Reply Scary Fellow, Bad Ivan, 02-May-07 10:04 AM, #14
Reply RE: Ahiviln, Bawgor (Guest), 30-Apr-07 09:57 AM, #11
Reply RE: Ahiviln, Karel, 30-Apr-07 11:38 AM, #12
Reply Damn., Hunsobo (Guest), 29-Apr-07 10:28 AM, #7
Reply RE: Damn., Karel, 29-Apr-07 10:57 AM, #8
Reply RE: Ahiviln, Xinrithil (Guest), 29-Apr-07 09:19 AM, #3
Reply RE: Ahiviln, Karel, 29-Apr-07 09:28 AM, #6
Reply RE: Ahiviln, Zulghinlour, 29-Apr-07 01:18 AM, #2
Reply RE: Ahiviln, Karel, 29-Apr-07 09:23 AM, #5
Reply RE: Ahiviln, Waserax (Guest), 29-Apr-07 12:50 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Ahiviln, Karel, 29-Apr-07 09:22 AM, #4
          Reply Animte Dead, Torak, 29-Apr-07 02:09 PM, #9
               Reply RE: Animte Dead, Karel, 29-Apr-07 02:25 PM, #10
                    Reply Agreed, Necro (Guest), 30-Apr-07 04:25 PM, #13

Lillune (Guest)Wed 02-May-07 04:49 PM

#57869, "RE: Ahiviln"
In response to Reply #0

You tought me a few things about necromancers. I have not played one to a very high level (nor do I plan to). I was still supprised that one time that you killed me in very few rounds. I was lagged out by your spell. That one really sucked.

I had really bad luck fighting you. Two full loots by different duergar after you killed me. I got anoyed though that the assassin jumped in on our fight. You were not afraid of me and he really was (unless I was hitting someone else). Well thanks for the fights anyway.

Bad IvanWed 02-May-07 10:04 AM
Member since 18th Feb 2005
39 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57860, "Scary Fellow"
In response to Reply #0

It was a pleasure to play against you, however briefly it was during the lifespan of the char. Nothing puts me on guard like a enemy necro. My plan in fighting you was to just get you our of the room via buffet so you couldn't lay the malidicts on me, or just keep fighting another mod and targeting you. Thanks for keeping me sharp and, giving me a few good conversations, and not breaking my back the few times I died near you.

Bawgor (Guest)Mon 30-Apr-07 09:57 AM

#57826, "RE: Ahiviln"
In response to Reply #0

Fun character to interact with. You seemed very knowledgeable and I thank you for showing me around.

KarelMon 30-Apr-07 11:38 AM
569 posts
#57828, "RE: Ahiviln"
In response to Reply #11

No problem, I don't mind showing people around a bit, and you learn quick which was nice. Unlike some people who get drunk when there are passphrases to say, then continue to drink even after you tell them to stop. I have to say you might be getting a bit too attached to imperials though, I fully expected you to wait somewhere the time I had to go defend and was surprised when you came with. Then again it may be your role to be more sympathetic to anyone championing order.

Hunsobo (Guest)Sun 29-Apr-07 10:28 AM

#57782, "Damn."
In response to Reply #0

Knowing that Hunsobo's greatest nemesis to date (Enarn) is the guy who helped me with a bunch of things and generally kicked ass to run with is a shocker.

It was cool, whenever you and I were both on, odds were good that things would go our way. Having you delete sucks. I also feel like I was partly responsible for the death. I had to flee at about 40% and was trying to heal up and come back quick, but you were already dead.

If it's any consolation (I doubt it) I did get the bastard later, at the big D.

Well anyways, thanks for all the travels. Good luck with your next (Imperial) .

KarelSun 29-Apr-07 10:57 AM
569 posts
#57784, "RE: Damn."
In response to Reply #7

Yep, there was a moment in Hell when we were getting you somethng that I had to chuckle about helping the guys who kept killing my boys get even stronger. I had respect for you from both sides though, even if ou are just another sword spec giant basher =P The death... eh. What killed me was getting pushed to the front and the big D deciding he wanted to legsweep a lot instead of a nice impale or something. Was just watching my hp whittle down then saw the rager pop and just figure "Yep, I'm ####ed." Which, I was =P #### happens and I expect to die from time to time, the part after it sucked a fat bay's #### though. The fact that he offered to give me all his warrior crap for destroying everything I had actually pissed me off the most for some reason.

Xinrithil (Guest)Sun 29-Apr-07 09:19 AM

#57778, "RE: Ahiviln"
In response to Reply #0

You were hardly dead weight, and so whenever I fought Ahiviln and the others I always tried to attack you first. You were gracious in your victories, but I can't say that about your defeats because I never had the satisfaction of standing over your corpse.

Karel, you are powerless to resist me. Turn to the light side. Play an iron vulnerable, poison susceptible, plague-ridden, withered elf who doesn't use coins and stand up against the awesome power of the fire giant clone army. Join with me, and we can litter the ground with our corpses as father and son! Muhahaha!

KarelSun 29-Apr-07 09:28 AM
569 posts
#57781, "RE: Ahiviln"
In response to Reply #3

I meant for ranking, not PK. That is really the only good thing a necro does is PK, aside from a couple very specific ranking areas, at which point you then need two complimenting players to even try it. Meh. Dude, I just turned to the dark side, can't say how many goodies I just played in a row, but I know for sure it is more than I played in all the years before it. I might try another outlander some time though, didn't seem so bad.

ZulghinlourSun 29-Apr-07 01:12 AM
9792 posts
#57773, "RE: Ahiviln"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 29-Apr-07 01:18 AM

>P.S. To the imms, no, I did not consider it bug abuse, since
>about eight years ago I had that happen to me and the imm I
>spoke to said they'd look into it. Since it didn't change I
>would assume it means if you come up with the idea, go for it.
>Why didn't I mention that? Because I got the distinct
>impression I was guilty before the trial started, so why even
>argue. I don't generally find fault with you guys, even when
>it involves me, but this time I definitely do.

Actually it did get fixed...and then apparently broken again sometime along the way...and now it is once again fixed.

Wonder if it was me who did that to you 8 years ago Since I got busted for the same thing many, many, many years ago.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

KarelSun 29-Apr-07 09:23 AM
569 posts
#57780, "RE: Ahiviln"
In response to Reply #2

Sweet =P

Waserax (Guest)Sun 29-Apr-07 12:50 AM

#57771, "RE: Ahiviln"
In response to Reply #0

Wow, didn't expect it to be you. I mean, it was obviously someone who knew what they were doing, but there are a ton of necro players around and I didn't figure you one of them.

Anyway, you seemed to be extremely efficient at doing what necros do, which is to kill people. Even without zombies. Think of it this way: at least you never had to bother raising them.

Thought it interesting that you claimed to have no interest in the becoming, even before the whole bug exploit thing happened. Was that legit, or were you just feeding me a line?

Besides, I'm not sure the world (Thera) could handle a Karel-played lich.

KarelSun 29-Apr-07 09:22 AM
569 posts
#57779, "RE: Ahiviln"
In response to Reply #1

It was a part of the role, a hatred of life and fear of death. Undeath semed to him like mixing both. You'e right about raising zombies though. It was a ####load easier to just go grab shawtabies and say good to go. Hated raising zombies, was logged on once for two hours and sixteen minutes before my first successful raise before, and that was with 94% animate dead. And that damn zombie edge. RNG, oh how I loathe thee.

TorakSun 29-Apr-07 02:09 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57787, "Animte Dead"
In response to Reply #4

After watching Sekhuroth fail countless times, I have to say that animate dead is about as gay as it gets. Especially when the game crashes to destroy HOURS of work....

That skill needs serious looking into.

KarelSun 29-Apr-07 02:25 PM
569 posts
#57788, "RE: Animte Dead"
In response to Reply #9

Losing zombies to crashes/reboots changed awhile back, you'll have whatever you did at the reboot or last autosave. Assuming you managed to raise any after several hours =P

Necro (Guest)Mon 30-Apr-07 04:25 PM

#57829, "Agreed"
In response to Reply #10

Even with the edge you could spend your whole session getting them. So annoying.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #57770 Previous topic | Next topic