Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Moshacan the Bringer of Famine" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #57763
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 28-Apr-07 05:24 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17189 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57763, "(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Moshacan the Bringer of Famine"

Sat Apr 28 17:20:30 2007

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Moshacan perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:anti-paladin
Level:45
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:117

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Moshacan the Bringer of Famin..., Torak, 04-May-07 11:46 AM, #28
Reply I say you lied. Hardcore., Gank-o-meter (Guest), 04-May-07 11:41 AM, #27
Reply RE: I say you lied. Hardcore., Torak, 04-May-07 11:54 AM, #29
     Reply 1.4 is good for a hero. Here's why you sucked!, Yhorian (Guest), 04-May-07 01:33 PM, #30
          Reply RE: 1.4 is good for a hero. Here's why you sucked!, Torak, 04-May-07 06:26 PM, #31
Reply Goodbyes, Torak, 29-Apr-07 02:02 PM, #2
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Daevryn, 29-Apr-07 02:27 PM, #3
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Torak, 29-Apr-07 03:35 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Ares- (Guest), 29-Apr-07 03:58 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Torak, 29-Apr-07 04:02 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Goodbyes, Ares- (Guest), 29-Apr-07 04:04 PM, #8
               Reply Eh, I just bought the PBF - we'll see ~, Torak, 29-Apr-07 04:12 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Daevryn, 29-Apr-07 05:13 PM, #12
     Reply I could.., Torak, 29-Apr-07 05:54 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, S-M-U-G (Guest), 29-Apr-07 06:19 PM, #16
          Reply RE: Goodbyes, Torak, 29-Apr-07 09:20 PM, #17
Reply My role if anyone wants to be a critic., Torak, 29-Apr-07 03:59 PM, #6
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Eshval, 29-Apr-07 05:01 PM, #10
Reply Nice?! nt, Nano (Guest), 29-Apr-07 04:59 PM, #11
Reply Eshval rocks. I will spork duel to the death any who di..., Vladamir, 03-May-07 06:42 PM, #22
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Torak, 29-Apr-07 05:44 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Eshval, 29-Apr-07 10:41 PM, #18
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Victoria (Guest), 29-Apr-07 05:32 PM, #13
Reply RE: Conjurer:, Valguarnera, 30-Apr-07 09:51 AM, #19
Reply Posts like this make me want to hug you. nt, Vladamir, 03-May-07 06:44 PM, #23
     Reply Isn't there a spell called 'valguarnera's hug'?, Aodh, 04-May-07 02:58 AM, #24
          Reply Yeah but I always imagined Arvams handshake to be more ..., Vlad (Guest), 04-May-07 06:52 AM, #25
          Reply It's True!, Valguarnera, 04-May-07 08:55 AM, #26
Reply Later bro., Bad Ivan, 02-May-07 10:15 AM, #20
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Adobel (Guest), 03-May-07 09:40 AM, #21
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Moshacan the Bringer of Famin..., Haratzi (Guest), 29-Apr-07 01:33 PM, #1

TorakFri 04-May-07 11:46 AM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57912, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Moshacan the Bringer of Famin..."
In response to Reply #0

Think the PBF thing might be broken concerning unholys...I never had a 24 charge weapon. Think the best I had I lost in the crash was 14.

Gank-o-meter (Guest)Fri 04-May-07 11:41 AM

#57910, "I say you lied. Hardcore."
In response to Reply #0

My man pk-stats is all like 'this go nizzle wizzle had anyfizzle goin''

I'm all like 'You right, dog. He ain't got jack.'

Word.

TorakFri 04-May-07 11:54 AM
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57913, "RE: I say you lied. Hardcore."
In response to Reply #27

Yeah, and 1.7 is so bad for a duergar AP - please. Most heroes have 1.4ish.

Yhorian (Guest)Fri 04-May-07 01:33 PM

#57920, "1.4 is good for a hero. Here's why you sucked!"
In response to Reply #29

Let's analyse - because its funny

Total PK Wins 23
Total PK Assists 9
Average Group Size Per Kill 1.72

Death's Gank-O-Meter says: Brings a friend

Here it shows you killed very little - 23. You were sub-hero and likely spread them across levels. That established, here is the result:

Assuming maximum group size of 2, you were grouped for at least 70% of them.

Assuming all were 3 group kills, you perhaps did 6 kills with a group that size and the rest solo. That's six mega-ganks and 17 solo kills.

The truth? Likely a mixture between the two. Because you did so little killing, it actually makes the gank-o-meter all the more accurate in terms of ganks. 1.4 is a big difference from 1.7 - You expect there to be a fair number of ganking kills in those who raid other cabals. The 'oh, but I raided all the time!' crap doesn't hold water. Because thankfully, the PBF records that too:

# of times they retrieved their cabal item 10
# of times they took another cabal item 0

As you said, there was a lot of solo retrieving? You were the big hero? Sounds like its true. Just about the only part that is, concerning pks.

Most heros are worse? Lets take the last couple of solo-pk capable classes from the PBF's:

Total PK Wins 58
Total PK Assists 19
Average Group Size Per Kill 1.39

Death's Gank-O-Meter says: Self-Reliant

An uncaballed hero.

Total PK Wins 18
Total PK Assists 5
Average Group Size Per Kill 1.39

Caballed, and Tribunal. Surprisingly low again.

Total PK Wins 201
Total PK Assists 40
Average Group Size Per Kill 1.32

Another AP. Nuloh in fact.

Total PK Wins 25
Total PK Assists 3
Average Group Size Per Kill 1.14

Death's Gank-O-Meter says: Solo-Killer

A fortress member. Supposedly the gankiest cabal.

That's just the top few off the PBFs. They did a lot of raiding, not just pking.

The end result is - it isn't broke. There is no excuse, the numbers caught you red handed.

You're Busted

Yhorian

TorakFri 04-May-07 06:26 PM
1216 posts
#57924, "RE: 1.4 is good for a hero. Here's why you sucked!"
In response to Reply #30

I'd say it's more of the 3-man group kills because the times I remember doing group killing involved people running into a group on the way to learning or a cabal raid. Lots of pre-51 kills happen around grouping/leveling, compared to 51 where you don't need to. The one time I did go "ganking around" was with the Chieftain and another orc assaulting the Fortress and we caught a few people.

Either way, in the entire life of the character, doing 6-8 kills with more than one person, isn't ganking in my opinion.

And I've no idea what you're trying to say about retrieving.

TorakSun 29-Apr-07 02:02 PM
1216 posts
#57786, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Well what can I say about this guy, he just didn't fit me that well.

1) I tried to be a good follower/roleplayer. After praying my entire youth for Marmaanth over and over, then to hear he's gone because of life problems, kind of sucked it out of me to continue. Add in practically zero Scions on 95% of the time with my one interaction at all from the Chasm involving getting reprimanded from Eshval, just killed it. Why, I've got no idea....2 40s against Hunsobo/Zhihara, and we still attempted to get it back and we get "maybe the Chasm needs cleaning" from you. I retrieved practically every time I could - it's not easy without a super weapon against typical 3-8 Imperials...least I was on to try unlike the rest of the Scions. Not to mention Hunsobo could 1 round me without A/B/S, I had to run most of my life.

On a related note, I was the guy that gave you a bad time about logging in Haratzi - in 21 days, I played 117 hours and I saw you once before induction and once after. I know there's finals/exams/etc out there now, but you really just were never around. Despite this, you got made Chancellor....all I have to say is wow, please show up more. I lost count of all the Scion applicants that disappeared/deleted because no Scion was ever around. I don't even think we had anymore applicants when I deleted....wish the playerbase would grow up and stop from EVERYONE making Imperials, sheesh.

2) I tried to be a unique AP. I made the guy to use morosa's charge and I did for quite a bit, but after being completely shut down by shamans with blindness because of an outstanding known bug that hasn't been fixed, I had to find a new route and got bored real fast of the "normal" weapons. I never really did any classic "bash down" kills - I'd say 90% involved sleep. I just wasn't a very good duergar AP, if that makes sense. Add in a lack of practicing anything to get edges (I had a bunch of 90-100s, but nothing to get more than 3 edge options), I just wasn't in the mood to spam energy drain, dirt kick, bloodthirst, etc to get some. I definitely learned a lot though and will be back - just not as a duergar. It's sad though, since we'll never really see a morosa charge AP until that bug is fixed. Dirt kick > Morosa.

3) I tried to level without sitting at 36. Wow, was that a mistake. I had the Chancellor/Advisor and all the other Scions breathing down my neck to level to help them out, so I foolishly decided to rank with only a 14 charge weapon (8 which I stole from Andairon) which I lost the most heart-breaking way (died, crash, came back to no items at all). Add in some real crappy deaths in the life of this guy...

-level 12 ranger butcher/full-looted me in my 30s. Big hearty F-U to that prick. Gotta love the "get out of my forest" ranger roleplay.
-died to wasps taking about 200hp of damage sitting there trying to spam teleport and failing every time (no offense, but I'm never fighting a ranger with wasps again, ever). Oh and 2 out of range people full looted me that time.
-getting flight dispelled by Gromkonk and dying outside the Talshidar losing my next weapon (you're right, I'm never falling for that one again)

...and a massive loss of con (think I trained it 3-4 times and it was still at 19), I just didn't want to give it a go anymore. I fought most of the time 1on1 to the point I was considering the Ehren Edge. I think the only time I had more than that was killing Brinkmun with Sekhuroth (hey, you raided) and some fights grouped with the Orc Chief (wish we had more of those).

Anyways, I'll be back with another char soon....learning more what to avoid and what to focus on. I must say that arial/felar assassins are insanely hard to kill now and the bane of my anti-paladin with dex changes and evade - even wielding an axe/flail with all combat skills in the 90s, I'd hit them maybe once or twice with bloodlust on. Also learned a ton about APs (although my tactics I admit were bad...I kept forgetting I had worldbind against 2 hero shamans), but I'll definitely try it again later.

-Kryllos/Sekhuroth, keep it up - may not get the recognition for it but you're the lifeblood of the Chasm.
-Tralling/Zesam, you kept me from deleting long ago - awesome characters although I'm guessing you felt bad for me against the Empire
-Adomalik, despite dying to you, very cool of you to try and help pray about getting my body back when my items all disappeared after a crash. Despite "help crash", losing an AP weapon like that just blows.
-Daevryn/Baerinka, those 2 note replies to my "crying wolf" about a conjurer was a pure example of how to reply and how not to reply to a player. Thanks for being down to earth, not insulting, and telling me flat out that it was exaggeration Daevryn instead of goading me on with "what, you want him to buy you dinner?"

Comments/suggestions/flames welcome, still learning.

Torak

p.s. Stop hoarding the amber wands!

DaevrynSun 29-Apr-07 02:27 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57789, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

This isn't going to be pleasant, but maybe you'll get something constructive out of it.

I had a real dislike for this character, mostly because he would cry and cry and bitch and whine to people for doing 1/10 of what he did to everyone. Example: I never saw this character die and not cry up a little puppy storm about it no matter how well he was treated, but I also never saw this character kill anyone at any odds or pass any PC corpse and not carry as much gear as possible, no matter how ####ty or worthless it was.

I mean, I guess super hypocrite crybaby is a valid role, but I don't think it's fun for anyone to deal with.

>Add in practically zero Scions on 95% of the time
>with my one interaction at all from the Chasm involving
>getting reprimanded from Eshval, just killed it.

Scion's that kind of cabal and it's meant to be that kind of cabal. If you're not ready to be the one guy who logs on to a range of 20 enemies and no allies and be of the mindset: "Hell yes, that's a lot of targets!", you really should not play a Scion.

Recent example of a guy who could do that to model your next attempt on: Kanaev. That guy never bitched about how outnumbered he was, he just started taking out the #### trash.

>Why, I've got
>no idea....2 40s against Hunsobo/Zhihara, and we still
>attempted to get it back and we get "maybe the Chasm needs
>cleaning" from you.

Scions don't cry about doing their best! Scions go home and #### the prom queen!

>2) I tried to be a unique AP. I made the guy to use morosa's
>charge and I did for quite a bit, but after being completely
>shut down by shamans with blindness because of an outstanding
>known bug that hasn't been fixed,

Just because something doesn't work the way that's convienient for you, does not mean it is a bug.

>I had to find a new route
>and got bored real fast of the "normal" weapons. I never
>really did any classic "bash down" kills - I'd say 90%
>involved sleep. I just wasn't a very good duergar AP, if that
>makes sense. Add in a lack of practicing anything to get edges
> I had a bunch of 90-100s, but nothing to get more than 3 edge
>options), I just wasn't in the mood to spam energy drain, dirt
>kick, bloodthirst, etc to get some. I definitely learned a lot
>though and will be back - just not as a duergar. It's sad
>though, since we'll never really see a morosa charge AP until
>that bug is fixed. Dirt kick > Morosa.

See above: re: bug.

There's almost always an edge you can pick that you want, at least this is my experience. So you pick that edge first, and you know? Probably by the time you can pick another edge, your energy drain is higher.

> -level 12 ranger butcher/full-looted me in my 30s. Big hearty
>F-U to that prick. Gotta love the "get out of my forest"
>ranger roleplay.
> -died to wasps taking about 200hp of damage sitting there
>trying to spam teleport and failing every time (no offense,
>but I'm never fighting a ranger with wasps again, ever). Oh
>and 2 out of range people full looted me that time.
> -getting flight dispelled by Gromkonk and dying outside the
>Talshidar losing my next weapon (you're right, I'm never
>falling for that one again)

After seeing such highlights as the paladin you 3 on 1 ganged and subsequently looted 100% of his fine leather gear, I'd say that's all pretty much karma.

>-Daevryn/Baerinka, those 2 note replies to my "crying wolf"
>about a conjurer was a pure example of how to reply and how
>not to reply to a player. Thanks for being down to earth, not
>insulting, and telling me flat out that it was exaggeration
>Daevryn instead of goading me on with "what, you want him to
>buy you dinner?"

I'm a big enough (or shameless enough) man to admit I wished I'd thought of that line once I saw Baer's note.

Seriously, you were praying and praying and writing notes and going off on a rant because an evil conjurer in your range tried to nightgaunt you ONE time.

Let's be honest. You're a mage. You're evil. You're a Scion. You're ganging the #### out of people while displaying marginal RP and dump trucking off even with gear the Udgaard janitors wouldn't touch. There are a million reasons why someone might want to kill you without it having to be cheating. I don't even know why you would assume that flat out and ask questions like, "So, I need to stay underwater all the time now?" I'm sorry, it's just nuts. Maybe you weren't getting enough sleep, I don't know, but if you think you treated anyone you fought better than that dude treated you, you're seriously kidding yourself.

TorakSun 29-Apr-07 03:35 PM
1216 posts
#57794, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #3

>I had a real dislike for this character, mostly because he
>would cry and cry and bitch and whine to people for doing 1/10
>of what he did to everyone. Example: I never saw this
>character die and not cry up a little puppy storm about it no
>matter how well he was treated, but I also never saw this
>character kill anyone at any odds or pass any PC corpse and
>not carry as much gear as possible, no matter how ####ty or
>worthless it was.
>
>I mean, I guess super hypocrite crybaby is a valid role, but I
>don't think it's fun for anyone to deal with.

Um, I'd like to see how I cried/bitched/whined - the only ones I can complain about involved getting 1-rounded then full looted by a 12 ranger, then those damn wasps which pissed me off as I got full looted again. I'm trying to even remember dying to other people....I died to Gromkonk which I didn't whine about, I died to Adomalik when I lost my body to a crash which he was cool about, and I died to a lot of teleporting. Oh and a few assassin kills pre-weapon of them spamming trip or something.

About carrying "as much gear as possible", the only spare gear I held *at all* was an amulet of moudrilar for practicing spells and different weapons (1 spear, 1 polearm, 1 dual wield set and a shield) for different situations. Yeah, such a hoarder....I'd love to see one example of "hoarding". I've got logs including my inventory and I don't see one instance where I had more than that - the only one that had something beyond that had a chest piece i was holding for Zentril/Kryllos/Sekhuroth. So show the proof then.

>
>Scion's that kind of cabal and it's meant to be that kind of
>cabal. If you're not ready to be the one guy who logs on to a
>range of 20 enemies and no allies and be of the mindset:
>"Hell yes, that's a lot of targets!", you really should not
>play a Scion.
>
>Recent example of a guy who could do that to model your next
>attempt on: Kanaev. That guy never bitched about how
>outnumbered he was, he just started taking out the ####
>trash.

There's a huge difference between a hero conjurer and a 40s AP that didn't gain a huge weapon in a range of heroes with his first AP. Kanaev was a badass, there's no doubt, but it's nothing to compare it to. Suiciding on 8 Imperials isn't my idea of a smart AP who has no charges/controls.

>
>Scions don't cry about doing their best! Scions go home and
>#### the prom queen!

I was pissed that I got reprimanded for trying. Yeah I didn't kill Hunsobo (and when's the last time he died?) but least I made an attempt to get the item back when I could have just said no. And I retrieved quite a lot for usually being the only one on to do it.

>
>Just because something doesn't work the way that's convienient
>for you, does not mean it is a bug.

The bug's been known for awhile, and reported by others besides me for awhile now - the fact the syntax is different from all other abilities in the game and completely unusable if blind, merits why we've never seen it used beyond a gimic. Let's see how much crippling/faceslash/lashes would get used if you couldn't blind.

>There's almost always an edge you can pick that you want, at
>least this is my experience. So you pick that edge first, and
>you know? Probably by the time you can pick another edge,
>your energy drain is higher.

I'm not complaining about the edge options, I'm saying I didn't want to practice to get any to show up. The focus of this guy just wasn't around the edges that came out.

>
>After seeing such highlights as the paladin you 3 on 1 ganged
>and subsequently looted 100% of his fine leather gear, I'd say
>that's all pretty much karma.

Um, what paladin? I fought a dwarf paladin 1on1 fine, and I killed K-something human paladin 1on1 in the kobolds and one other time. I never fought any other paladins. Both times I think I took only weapons and stuff I could sell since I used the healer quite a bit....paladins just go request the weapon back anyways. Taking low level crap to sell is actually fine since it's easily replaced I think. If I died and someone took my charred bracers/etc, I wouldn't care at all. It's taking food/limited items which suck.

>
>I'm a big enough (or shameless enough) man to admit I wished
>I'd thought of that line once I saw Baer's note.
>
>Seriously, you were praying and praying and writing notes and
>going off on a rant because an evil conjurer in your range
>tried to nightgaunt you ONE time.
>
>Let's be honest. You're a mage. You're evil. You're a
>Scion. You're ganging the #### out of people while displaying
>marginal RP and dump trucking off even with gear the Udgaard
>janitors wouldn't touch. There are a million reasons
>why someone might want to kill you without it having to be
>cheating. I don't even know why you would assume that flat
>out and ask questions like, "So, I need to stay underwater all
>the time now?" I'm sorry, it's just nuts. Maybe you weren't
>getting enough sleep, I don't know, but if you think you
>treated anyone you fought better than that dude treated you,
>you're seriously kidding yourself.

Well what was my gank ratio out of how many kills? You think I ganked down everyone and I seriously beg to differ, so what was it? If you want to slam me then show the proof. Seriously, I want to see it.

You slammed the crap out of Nuloh in his PBF and I'm guessing I got the same treatment. Guess we can't all amount to a questionable AP like you.

Ares- (Guest)Sun 29-Apr-07 03:58 PM

#57797, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #4

Guess you didn't take it as constructive criticism. Instead, you'd rather just contest everything.

My advice, if you don't want negative feedback, just play the damn character, don't write goodbye threads, and don't purchase the PBF. Just play however the hell you want. There is no right or wrong.

You look like a big #### here. Then again, Daevryn's comments are subtle whatsoever.

TorakSun 29-Apr-07 04:02 PM
1216 posts
#57799, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #5

He called me a hoarder, a ganker, a full looter, and a #### - if you want to narrow it down to brass tacks.

If he doesn't give a ratio/examples, I will buy the PBF this time because I think he's full of it.

Ares- (Guest)Sun 29-Apr-07 04:04 PM

#57800, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #7

And what I said just blew right over your head. If you don't like the negative feedback, then don't give them the opportunity to put it out there. Simple.

It's amazing how there can be so many good players in the game, but there's just as many ####wads outside the game.

Just let it go dude. You're going to bust a vein if you don't.

TorakSun 29-Apr-07 04:12 PM
1216 posts
#57801, "Eh, I just bought the PBF - we'll see ~"
In response to Reply #8

~

DaevrynSun 29-Apr-07 05:13 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#57804, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #4

>Um, I'd like to see how I cried/bitched/whined -

Examples:

To one guy:
'Oh come on...'
'Wasin even watchin'
'Gunna take what I got left?'
'Buh you took a weapon ya canna even use.'
'Cute'

To another guy:
'Ah shut it, ####'
'Keepin mah lance?'

To another guy:
'Oh ya gunna die, (that guy)....and (another guy).'

To another guy:
'Well...what can meh say'
'Wasps are ####e'

Also relating to that death:
'Hopes ya know, meh gunna take evertin' next time ya dies fer dis'
'Fer tak'n all my tings'

I assume there are plenty of others, and we're not even getting into weird OOC crap like the whole "OMG a conjurer nightgaunted me once!! CHEATZORZ!!!!" incident.

>About carrying "as much gear as possible", the only spare gear
>I held *at all* was an amulet of moudrilar for practicing
>spells and different weapons (1 spear, 1 polearm, 1 dual wield
>set and a shield) for different situations. Yeah, such a
>hoarder....I'd love to see one example of "hoarding". I've got
>logs including my inventory and I don't see one instance where
>I had more than that - the only one that had something beyond
>that had a chest piece i was holding for
>Zentril/Kryllos/Sekhuroth. So show the proof then.

I didn't say hoarding. I said that people you killed or corpses you passed by were looted of as much as you could carry. What happened to the gear thereafter? I don't really care, and I'm sure the people who lost it that way didn't either.

This isn't something that always bothers me in a player, except in that you dished it out like a mad ####er, but you so couldn't take it.

>There's a huge difference between a hero conjurer and a 40s AP
>that didn't gain a huge weapon in a range of heroes with his
>first AP. Kanaev was a badass, there's no doubt, but it's
>nothing to compare it to. Suiciding on 8 Imperials isn't my
>idea of a smart AP who has no charges/controls.

A better player could make a lot more out of that situation than you did. If you've never skied before and insist on starting out on black diamonds while blindfolded, it's not the mountain's fault if you die, nor does it diminish the ability of a skier who can actually do it.

>I was pissed that I got reprimanded for trying. Yeah I didn't
>kill Hunsobo (and when's the last time he died?) but least I
>made an attempt to get the item back when I could have just
>said no. And I retrieved quite a lot for usually being the
>only one on to do it.

I'll be sure you get some kind of medal for those six retrievals.

>>Just because something doesn't work the way that's
>convienient
>>for you, does not mean it is a bug.
>
>The bug's been known for awhile, and reported by others
>besides me for awhile now - the fact the syntax is different
>from all other abilities in the game and completely unusable
>if blind, merits why we've never seen it used beyond a gimic.
>Let's see how much crippling/faceslash/lashes would get used
>if you couldn't blind.

The skill works as designed. This design may be changed in the future because it is not optimal. However, this still does not make it a bug. This makes it something that works in a way that you don't like. If I'm using too big of words, please let me know.

>>After seeing such highlights as the paladin you 3 on 1
>ganged
>>and subsequently looted 100% of his fine leather gear, I'd
>say
>>that's all pretty much karma.
>
>Um, what paladin? I fought a dwarf paladin 1on1 fine, and I
>killed K-something human paladin 1on1 in the kobolds and one
>other time.

Pretty sure it's that other time I'm thinking of. If it jogs your memory any, the two people who ganged him down with you are two of the people you're pissed at in the snippets above.

>I never fought any other paladins. Both times I
>think I took only weapons and stuff I could sell since I used
>the healer quite a bit....

This is false.

>paladins just go request the weapon
>back anyways.

Really. How many paladins have you played again?

>Taking low level crap to sell is actually fine
>since it's easily replaced I think. If I died and someone took
>my charred bracers/etc, I wouldn't care at all. It's taking
>food/limited items which suck.

But point of fact, you did care when it happened to you; alternately, you were stoic and unmoved and decided to complain anyway.

>You slammed the crap out of Nuloh in his PBF and I'm guessing
>I got the same treatment. Guess we can't all amount to a
>questionable AP like you.

Heh. You're not good enough to get to make those cracks yet. Nuloh would be a different story.

TorakSun 29-Apr-07 05:54 PM
1216 posts
#57808, "I could.."
In response to Reply #12

reply to this with some explanation - some of the comments were valid, others are way out of context. Either way, the guy's dead, I purchased the PBF to see the ratio, and I'm moving on.

S-M-U-G (Guest)Sun 29-Apr-07 06:19 PM

#57810, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #4

I've never interacted with this character but from reading this thread you may want to be less of a bitch and grow a pair. Please tell me you did not seriously complain about being nightgaunted (and then bitch about having to stay underwater your entire life!). Sheesh, I liked Vadante. This cannot be the same player, it just can't be. As an aside, bitching about being full looted doesn't bring your equipment back. Just full loot those who did it to you, it's the only reasonable thing to do.

TorakSun 29-Apr-07 09:19 PM
1216 posts
#57813, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #16
Edited on Sun 29-Apr-07 09:20 PM

The only thing with the conjurer I did involved what I perceived was a conjurer log on, immediately nightgaunt (never seen him before ever), and immediately log out after it failed. Exactly 2 nights later, he logged on again and I was underwater because I guessed that's what would happen. I sent a polite note to the Imms asking for it to be checked since it's seemed way to OOC. Daevryn explained it was an exaggeration with hard facts, which I agreed with and said alright and left it at that.

The only real bitching about full looting I had with was when people did it out of range and then rubbed it in your face. There's no real revenge when you can't do anything to them.

TorakSun 29-Apr-07 03:59 PM
1216 posts
#57798, "My role if anyone wants to be a critic."
In response to Reply #2

I got a cool Imm emote and experience as a newbie for it - applied to the role contest with no luck. Just looking for feedback.

role + Moshacan grew up in a typical rough life for any duergar. His father was dead
role + before he was born, killed for his gambling debts. His mother was a whore -
role + an ugly one at that, who had nothing but him. She named him Moshacan, meaning
role + Perfect, hoping he would someday grow into it but her disappointment grew
role + from his birth and he would hear about it everyday. He was constantly
role + ridiculed for his looks and lack of ability, pointing in others their
role + superiority. "Look at the king's sons, now those are cute boys! Nothing like
role + you." During one of her "business visits", the moans of animal lust became
role + violent. His Momma was raped and murdered by the customer who then came
role + staggering out of the bedroom calmly to smoke with Moshacan. The eager young
role + duergar stared in the eyes of his mother's killer, carefully placing his
role + words for he was a witness..."Momma dinna want the Eternal Abyss." The man
role + chuckled darkly, pulling heavily on his cigar - he was well dressed,
role + obviously a political official of some sort. "If ya want somethin' from
role + someone, juz take it. Us bastards were born in filth, it is our greed that
role + pulls us out tah riches. 'Member that." The man walked out, still debating if
role + he should kill the boy, as Moshacan asked oddly "What is it you liked of
role + Momma?" The man grinned, stating in rememberance "Her tongue, kid - like a
role + snake...one helluva bitch...." as he left with a wink. Moshacan went into the
role + bedroom...his mother laid there with a sickly gaze in her eyes, her throat
role + bruised heavily from being strangled. Using his bare hands and all his
role + effort, Moshacan ripped out her tongue and held it in his mouth - it was too
role + big, but he would keep it. Rummaging through her things, he pulled out a
role + needle and spool of black thread. He began to sow the tongue to his belt as
role + he hummed his favorite tune.
role +
role + Momma always liked to sow...

role + "No No NO!" barked N'og. With a swift backhand, he cuffed Moshacan with
role + enough force to slam him to the floor. Moshacan had always strived in his
role + training but he was the focus of all harasment in the class. Other students
role + had tried to kill him a few times, each time just barely missing their mark.
role + It was after last night, when he came in with his new "neck" that silenced
role + them. Moschacan had spent all his money on the best prostitute the city had,
role + a well known female drow unrivaled in looks - and here he was, with her neck
role + stitched upon his neck. The town official, the man who killed his mother,
role + knew it was him but just waived the punishment with a grin. The class now was
role + silent in rebuking him...Dazed from the blow to the head, Moshacan stood up
role + slowly infront of the teacher. "N'og teach you good things, but Moshacan
role + weak!" Another blow to the head sent Moshacan across the room to slam against
role + the wall. Satisified with his lesson, N'og slammed his hand on the desk
role + marking the end of class. As he watched the rest shuffle out quietly, he
role + noticed Moshacan staring at his hand with a look that even made him shiver.
role +
role + The next day, the class arrived to find Moshacan early and eagerly showing
role + off his new prize - the teacher's hand was now grafted over his like a skin
role + glove. One class member gaged immediately causing the crowd to disperse and
role + run in fear. Moschacan grinned.
role +
role + Momma never said I'd graduate...

role + Trials had been hard for Moshacan, but his icons drew him on - those within
role + the guild that held true power were become his idols, his envy over their
role + stature driving him on. Moshacan always was friendly with the others for a
role + reason, for he always remembered the first rule of class of anti-paladins:
role + "Opportunity". Taking lives here and there, nothing has caught his eye for
role + the taking to add to his "collection", although the itching on his hand has
role + began to slowly eat away at his sanity. Driven to continue his search for
role + more, he has sent an application to the Chasm...speaking with the Advisor,
role + the Chancellor, Sekhuroth, Zentril - all that he envies, he harasses them in
role + hopes that one day he can join them.
role +
role + His prayers for "Mr. Pearl" still continue - his Momma had always a soft spot
role + for the dark gods, groveling in their worship. She would drag him to the
role + churches, even once offering him as a sacrifice while he listened to his life
role + being bargained for her use. Moshacan always thought it'd be fun to be a God,
role + but believes he lacks something to become one - but it doesn't stop his
role + continual envy...
role +
role + Momma someday be proud of me....

EshvalSun 29-Apr-07 04:52 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57802, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Sun 29-Apr-07 05:01 PM

It's well-known that I am a nice person, even if I play an evil character (who should be more evil). I have to agree pretty much with what Daevryn noting regarding your character. I watch a great deal, often times without comment, only getting a feel for the character.

In the case of Mosh, I was somewhat disappointed. You had the skill, yet you looked to be a 'toady' of other characters rather than striking out on your own and forging your own destiny. You often had a 'nice' collection of extra gear that comes with following competent killers about and garnering their leavings while only inflicting marginal damage on the group victim. Not that that route is a bad one to take, it is just not a good one for a Scion.

When there was counter-raiding that needed doing, you constantly sought the aid of Nexus or you would not couter-raid. Again, I don't expect any character to suicide in retirevals, but there could have been more attempts to thin the opposition. When I 'reprimanded' you on a raid, it was because your potections got dispelled and you fled and teleported with about 75% current hit points, leaving your Scion groupmate behind. It was pathetic against only one defender who had no lagging attacks.

In general, I have seen worse Scions, but those I usually berate even more and uninduct them. You have the skill and the knowledge, I would just like to see you trust your own abilities and learn to soar.

eshval@carrionfields.com

A whole new day, a whole new set of possibilities. - MacGyver

Nano (Guest)Sun 29-Apr-07 04:59 PM

#57803, "Nice?! nt"
In response to Reply #10

nt

VladamirThu 03-May-07 06:42 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#57892, "Eshval rocks. I will spork duel to the death any who di..."
In response to Reply #11

nt

TorakSun 29-Apr-07 05:44 PM
1216 posts
#57807, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #10

your potections got dispelled and you fled and teleported with about 75% current hit points,

Hunsobo was about 6 steps away and I'd die in one bash with 75% of my hit points and no protections.

EshvalSun 29-Apr-07 10:41 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57814, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #14

I guess we will never know...he could have attacked your groupmate instead of you...he could have died from a heart attack, he could have done nothing, goblins may have interceded on your behalf. My point is, we will never know, because you left.

eshval@carrionfields.com

A whole new day, a whole new set of possibilities. - MacGyver

Victoria (Guest)Sun 29-Apr-07 05:32 PM

#57805, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

I liked what I saw of you, and you came across as competent.

I'll just say that you're not the only scion dealing with those problems. They come with the territory really.

There might also be some truth in what Daevryn is saying about looting, because I die a lot and I don't think I've been looted on a serious scale with this character, except when Thos bashed me down (and he was apparently almost naked at the time).

I know what you mean about losing a weapon to a crash though. I've been there.

ValguarneraMon 30-Apr-07 09:51 AM
6904 posts
#57825, "RE: Conjurer:"
In response to Reply #2

1) You reported a conjurer for "ooc nightgaunting" you 'for no reason'. Turns out it was the only nightgaunt that conjurer had sent in a month, and duergar AP doesn't exactly get Christmas cards. You exaggerated the details ("logged out immediately" doesn't mean "quit via the quit command 15-20 minutes later"), then claimed it meant you were going to have to spend your life underwater or something.

2) Haratzi keeps a pretty steady schedule. He probably doesn't overlap with you.

3) This character complained a ton about everyone/everything, and made me regret having a cabal channel that empowered it.

p.s. Stop hoarding the amber wands!

4) You can't.

Now, on Vadante's thread, you claimed Vadante was your "second character", that you had no idea there was a city named Dis in Hell, that it was coincidence that "Vadante, last name Dis, Inferno-themed explorer" strongly resembled a certain literary character, etc. We both know all of that is total BS. You like playing the martyr, but we're not interested in furthering that.

Your previous incarnation is still the CF measuring stick for excessive, melodramatic, woe-is-poor-me drama. Let's not see that continue.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

VladamirThu 03-May-07 06:44 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#57893, "Posts like this make me want to hug you. nt"
In response to Reply #19

nt

AodhFri 04-May-07 02:58 AM
Member since 06th Jan 2005
352 posts
#57903, "Isn't there a spell called 'valguarnera's hug'?"
In response to Reply #23

Right up with Arvam's Handshake?

Vlad (Guest)Fri 04-May-07 06:52 AM

#57904, "Yeah but I always imagined Arvams handshake to be more ..."
In response to Reply #24

nt

ValguarneraFri 04-May-07 08:55 AM
6904 posts
#57907, "It's True!"
In response to Reply #24

Everyone knows I'm cuddly.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Bad IvanWed 02-May-07 10:15 AM
Member since 18th Feb 2005
39 posts
#57863, "Later bro."
In response to Reply #2

From the angle I was at I never got to see any of the neg side of the char I have read about. You seemed well played, as well role-played in all our interactions. Sorry I wasn't big into hunting but I like to that part of my game mostly solo, and I have a few tasks to finish before ranking any more. I was hoping a set of inv shields would make life easier for an upstart Ap. I noticed you were doing some things diff with your weapon and ment to speak to you about it. Reading now, it would hav ebeen neat to see some of the uses for the spear/polearm AP. Just wanted to drop you a word of encouragement and remind you that this game is all a matter of perspective and to not let comments get you riled up. Hope to see you in the fields again soon.

Adobel (Guest)Thu 03-May-07 09:40 AM

#57882, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

Always sad to see a scion go since there isn't that many of us.

Didn't get much interaction but you seemed to land some kills from what I heard on cb.

Good luck with your next

Haratzi (Guest)Sun 29-Apr-07 01:33 PM

#57785, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Moshacan the Bringer of Famin..."
In response to Reply #0

Bummer, you seemed promising.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #57763 Previous topic | Next topic