Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Rakror the Lurker" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #57357
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 14-Apr-07 12:00 AM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17188 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57357, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Rakror the Lurker"

Fri Apr 13 23:56:43 2007

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Rakror perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:thief
Level:45
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:145

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I hated this character., Ktaar (Guest), 16-Apr-07 01:53 PM, #10
Reply Hey Ktaar man, Tehbigc (Guest), 16-Apr-07 10:37 PM, #12
Reply I am on a break, Tehbigc (Guest), 14-Apr-07 12:33 AM, #1
     Reply RE: I am on a break, Ares, 14-Apr-07 01:29 AM, #2
     Reply I was a tribunal vindicator in the second age. Enough s..., Tehbigc (Guest), 14-Apr-07 06:46 AM, #4
          Reply As for the chip on my shoulder. Qhcf log board. nt, Tehbigc (Guest), 14-Apr-07 06:49 AM, #6
     Reply BLECH, Nathus (Guest), 14-Apr-07 04:14 AM, #3
     Reply You really rocked, Tehbigc (Guest), 14-Apr-07 06:48 AM, #5
     Reply Hehe, Elhe (Guest), 14-Apr-07 10:49 AM, #7
     Reply Let us ROOOOOOOLLLLLLLL Lol nt, Rakror (Guest), 15-Apr-07 12:50 AM, #8
     Reply RE: I am on a break, OOC Villgr (Guest), 16-Apr-07 12:52 PM, #9
          Reply Not really, Tehbigc (Guest), 16-Apr-07 10:33 PM, #11

Ktaar (Guest)Mon 16-Apr-07 01:53 PM

#57410, "I hated this character."
In response to Reply #0

In a mongoose is #### kind of way. Everytime we crossed paths, you'd mess up good stalking and steal my entire inventory - it was like being full looted without ever dying. I do not think you ever failed a blackjack against me. I could never express my irritation because if I asked others about Rakror (i.e., necromancers), the response would be "Oh, Rakror? I've killed him three times today."

Anyway, good job, see you around.

Tehbigc (Guest)Mon 16-Apr-07 10:37 PM

#57428, "Hey Ktaar man"
In response to Reply #10

If you hated my char, that is what I wanted. Ever been a villager where some random thief comes and steals all your #### and you can do a thing about it because you dont have violet roots? I decided to do the reverse. Be a villager who drained the money out of enemies. Sort of a economy war.
I remember our first fight. You were naked, and loitering around at the giant. I tell you what, if I see an Imperial as a rager, I will attack you, naked or not, if you are at my village. If I saw you at the altar, maybe not. So that caused some friction between us there.
It was not like I only jacked and looted. Almost every fight where I bound someone I invariably attacked them, but the skills to seal my kills I got a bit later like I said earlier and so most managed to run away. It was good fighting you and hrein, though I know thieves can be incredibly frustrating. See you.

Tehbigc (Guest)Sat 14-Apr-07 12:33 AM

#57358, "I am on a break"
In response to Reply #0

My times are badly shot. It seems strange to say that since I put in 150 hours in no time but my playing is in spurts. Also I can't say these 150 hours I was thrilled out of my brains.

Rakror was my stealth attempt at battle. Was my first thief/scout and I started at an absolute zero. Thanks to Nivult for giving me the initial tips on getting started out. I had a lot of thief skills and the ones I could really put to use I made the mistake of chosing later, over other niche skills, primarily because I did not know how far I could go in different paths. Knowing what I know now I am pretty sure I can be a much more dangerous thief with the same combo.

Binders are alright. Having played one I know now how weak the class can be, and under the right circumstances, how strong. Fighting shifters sucks no matter what the circumstance. I hope someone is looking into what I posted on the bug board.

I dont have any goodbyes (just a lot of thoughts) since I didnt do anything worthwhile. I hit a nice learning curve on a thief, that is about it.

If I jack you, expect to get robbed. There is an insane timer if I miss my jack, and even if I land it, there are insane odds on getting my binds right (because I never spammed) and even if I get my binds right they will drop right off the bat when I initiate. So I will take what I can get. Until I got knife, it was pretty much a no-brainer and I had some awesome skills later on but I didnt feel like spamming them up.

Ysal - Thanks for the induct, even though I missed all my binds there on those imperials lol. The battle imms are a strong presence now with you adding to kastellyn and, from the looks of it, Yean going strong.
Yean - I liked our interview though I botched it up since I was distracted IRL. I think I got my role across though.
Kasty - I had a vague notion for opening up a battle fund for expanding grime's business after I heroed, but I didn't last enough.

My pace in battle with this char, personally, felt slow. Maybe because I was a thief, maybe because some of the players were new. Or maybe because I am still hung over from Drakgrak. I vented it on cb and the destructor was listening lol.

To this particular villager who is newish. When the tribs are attacking villagers, when one of your guys is wanted and is being hounded by mages of theirs that are logged in, it is poor form to hold a tribunal's hand and be wandering around. This is a village, villagers stick together, I don't need to tell you that. When you are in a cabal, try to grasp its essence first. You will go further that way, not by wandering around in some random morton tunnel. Any hardened villager can run you over most of CF because they dont use potions. We even drop our uber ranking groups to go sub-optimal ranking with other villagers, die trying to rank up others and what not.

I will return when I find the time, idea and role for my next cabdru. I have a few things planned but some people have recently done it and the last thing I want to be is a clone.

AresSat 14-Apr-07 01:29 AM
Member since 08th Feb 2007
41 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57360, "RE: I am on a break"
In response to Reply #1

You have a serious, serious chip on your shoulder for Tribunal that you should learn to let go. It is obviously you as a player, and not the character, which obviously has issues with the cabal. Some of your comments and questions/accusations lead me to believe you haven't played a Tribunal, at least not in quite a while, or certainly not under good leadership. This is of course just a speculation of my own, which you will probably shoot down as being wrong. Try playing a non-corrupt Tribunal, and you will see that it can actually be a very difficult cabal to grasp onto, as well as exceed in.

At one point, I was on the Tribunal side several times, without having ever played an Outlander. This gave me a very skewed opinion about Outlanders. So now I am on my third Outlander, and I have a very, very different opinion about the Tribunal/Outlander conflict than I did about a year or more ago. What it has mainly taught me is to let go of the angst I had against the Outlanders, so that I could focus my efforts on truly playing the role of my character, and not playing out my personal feelings.

All in all, your personal feelings bled through into your character persona. And it truly doesn't seem like you have a full grasp of how the Tribunal cabal works as a whole.

Tehbigc (Guest)Sat 14-Apr-07 06:46 AM

#57365, "I was a tribunal vindicator in the second age. Enough s..."
In response to Reply #2

nt

Tehbigc (Guest)Sat 14-Apr-07 06:49 AM

#57367, "As for the chip on my shoulder. Qhcf log board. nt"
In response to Reply #4

nt

Nathus (Guest)Sat 14-Apr-07 04:14 AM

#57362, "BLECH"
In response to Reply #1

There goes my favor #1 villager. I really appreciate you trying to help me but part of my being/ style doesnt permit me to take such nice gifts easily. I am very sad you deleted as I really liked you.

Tehbigc (Guest)Sat 14-Apr-07 06:48 AM

#57366, "You really rocked"
In response to Reply #3

I had a lot of respect for your char and I would routinely divert gear the village could use, to you. You play a hard combo I couldnt do justice to in a million tries and what is more you are doing such a brilliant job of it. I kept hoping everytime you logged in, it would be in the village because I knew together we were a force to reckon with but it didnt happen. Keep at it.

Elhe (Guest)Sat 14-Apr-07 10:49 AM

#57371, "Hehe"
In response to Reply #1

And I was wondering what's so familiar to me in that thief ))))))))))))))))))))))))

Rakror (Guest)Sun 15-Apr-07 12:50 AM

#57396, "Let us ROOOOOOOLLLLLLLL Lol nt"
In response to Reply #7

nt

OOC Villgr (Guest)Mon 16-Apr-07 12:52 PM

#57408, "RE: I am on a break"
In response to Reply #1

y character is sorry to see you go. You were fairly lethal in your niche and a strong villager. Knowing your last was Dragrak explains that pretty well For your first thief, really well done.

My experience with you is that you were almost powergaming rather than roleplaying. I'm not surprised you got bored and deleted, despite how much I respect your knowledge and skills as a player. It makes more sense now since you 1. had recently played a strong personality you were trying to differentiate a new character from, but in the same cabal 2. trying a new build that had a bit of throw-away char feel to it. I think you are still a little burned out, and your attempt to be a different personality just kind of washed out everything but your OOC impatience and burn-out, but I'm hoping time away revitalizes you and we see you soon back in battle

>My pace in battle with this char, personally, felt slow. Maybe
>because I was a thief, maybe because some of the players were
>new. Or maybe because I am still hung over from Drakgrak. I
>vented it on cb and the destructor was listening lol.
>
>To this particular villager who is newish. When the tribs are
>attacking villagers, when one of your guys is wanted and is
>being hounded by mages of theirs that are logged in, it is
>poor form to hold a tribunal's hand and be wandering around.
>This is a village, villagers stick together, I don't need to
>tell you that. When you are in a cabal, try to grasp its
>essence first. You will go further that way, not by wandering
>around in some random morton tunnel. Any hardened villager can
>run you over most of CF because they dont use potions. We even
>drop our uber ranking groups to go sub-optimal ranking with
>other villagers, die trying to rank up others and what not.
>

You were said you were being chased. You got asked if you wanted help and you said you were handling it. Now you make it seem like my char was completely derelict. Uhhh....no. Explain yourself. It's poor form for my char to be hunting mages in Morton when you're warranted and you happen to be chased by a tribunal mage and you say you don't want help? It's poor form for my character to sell a piece of eq in exchange for help running another piece of eq with a warrior who agrees to sac anything magic we come across? Maybe you expect a detailed answer to the question of what my char is doing instead of getting the brush-off, so you think my char is just randomly wandering around instead of hunting someone down?

Your burn-out and Dragrak hangover is scrIeaming here. If you had actually been the Drillmaster and de-facto commander, my char would have done a better job of explaining what was going on so you weren't so greatly mistaken. As it is, you don't appear to be able to deal with not being in charge so well. Nor do you understand the character's role.

If you had a problem with what a character was doing, the place to address it is with the character, not in some OOC rant like you're still in character, in charge dressing down your boys for being thickheaded. As it is, I'll just say it's clear from your comments that you have no idea what was going on.

I'll also say this:
You are a Battlerager. Stop whining when the mages of the Tribunal, or anyone else, decide to chase you. Battleragers are hounded by the high level mages of every single cabal. That's normal. There are mages in the Tribunals, there are mages in the Outlanders, there are mages in the Fortress, everywhere. It doesn't mean that the village is at war with all of them all the time because a mage is chasing you. That doesn't mean their warriors or other cabalmates are immediately persona non grata. Nor does the Village immediately go to war with the Tribunal because you happen to be warranted. That's life in the rank and file.

I'm not the only one here who thinks you are out of line for saying what you did; other people are chiming in about your tribunal hatred.

Tehbigc (Guest)Mon 16-Apr-07 10:33 PM

#57427, "Not really"
In response to Reply #9

The incident I mentioned was only one in a series of others where I got the impression that you were not in sync, something I commented about to other villagers IC. No sense in digging up all this, you go ahead and play out your char.
As for the tribunal hatred, I wonder if you saw the logs I posted, that were subsequently deleted, and if you did I wonder what you would have done. Gone and made up with the tribunals no doubt, I am sure.
None of my chars are throw-aways. All of them have detailed roles and quirks. Only thing being the char did not last long enough. But I am my biggest critic and I freely admit this was a poor char.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #57357 Previous topic | Next topic