Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Vadante the Tainted Sinner, Seeker of ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #57301
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 12-Apr-07 10:40 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17188 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57301, "(DELETED) [None] Vadante the Tainted Sinner, Seeker of Satan's Embrace"

Thu Apr 12 22:38:31 2007

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Vadante perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:157

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Que sera, sera, Torak, 12-Apr-07 11:15 PM, #1
     Reply I'm just curious, Derexal, 12-Apr-07 11:56 PM, #2
     Reply RE: I'm just curious, Torak, 13-Apr-07 12:29 AM, #6
     Reply Not to pick a fight, but here we go., Daevryn, 13-Apr-07 12:10 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Not to pick a fight, but here we go., Torak, 13-Apr-07 12:26 AM, #5
     Reply Gonna miss the token evil guy, Seeayna (Guest), 13-Apr-07 12:10 AM, #4
     Reply He did?, Todgerman (Guest), 13-Apr-07 12:49 AM, #8
          Reply RE: He did?, Seeayna (Guest), 13-Apr-07 08:19 AM, #13
               Reply RE: He did?, Torak, 13-Apr-07 12:26 PM, #15
                    Reply RE: He did?, Seeayna (Guest), 13-Apr-07 12:44 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Que sera, sera, Frajalar (Guest), 13-Apr-07 12:46 AM, #7
     Reply Too bad, Yikoti (Guest), 13-Apr-07 02:23 AM, #9
     Reply It was fun, Lyug (Guest), 13-Apr-07 04:05 AM, #10
     Reply You make a *lot* of incorrect assumptions, Rayihn, 13-Apr-07 06:37 AM, #11
     Reply Yes, yes, I always have to be contradictory., Straklaw, 13-Apr-07 08:04 AM, #12
     Reply RE: You make a *lot* of incorrect assumptions, Torak, 13-Apr-07 12:25 PM, #14
          Reply RE: You make a *lot* of incorrect assumptions, Daevryn, 13-Apr-07 12:57 PM, #17
          Reply RE: You make a *lot* of incorrect assumptions, Torak, 13-Apr-07 01:08 PM, #18
               Reply Nonetheless:, Daevryn, 13-Apr-07 01:08 PM, #20
                    Reply I don't buy it either, Zesam (Guest), 13-Apr-07 03:45 PM, #23
                         Reply Additional., Yhorian (Guest), 13-Apr-07 07:07 PM, #27
                              Reply RE: Additional., Torak, 13-Apr-07 08:09 PM, #29
          Reply Whining, Linolaques, 14-Apr-07 06:44 PM, #35
     Reply RE: Que sera, sera, Iunna, 13-Apr-07 01:05 PM, #19
     Reply And hell. I never got a hug., Nano (Guest), 13-Apr-07 02:35 PM, #22
     Reply Shame, Sokde (Guest), 13-Apr-07 01:47 PM, #21
     Reply You have no idea...., Hunsobo (Guest), 13-Apr-07 04:43 PM, #24
     Reply RE: You have no idea...., Torak, 13-Apr-07 05:38 PM, #25
     Reply RE: You have no idea...., Waserax (Guest), 13-Apr-07 06:34 PM, #26
          Reply RE: You have no idea...., Torak, 13-Apr-07 08:05 PM, #28
     Reply RE: Que sera, sera, Eshval, 14-Apr-07 01:01 AM, #30
          Reply RE: Que sera, sera, torak_lazy (Guest), 14-Apr-07 02:32 AM, #31
               Reply The fact you rolled those dice, means you deserved it. ..., GinGa, 14-Apr-07 05:30 AM, #32
               Reply RE: Que sera, sera, Eshval, 14-Apr-07 10:42 AM, #33
               Reply RE: Que sera, sera, Daevryn, 14-Apr-07 03:57 PM, #34

TorakThu 12-Apr-07 11:14 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57302, "Que sera, sera"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 12-Apr-07 11:15 PM

Disclaimer: What follows is how I felt about a lot of what transpired. Some parts are going to be brutally honest - you've been warned!

From the beginning to the end, I really felt like Vadante was the red-headed stepchild of CF. I initially made the guy as an insult comic, with a very weird background (probably too weird after Daevryn's comment about evil characters). Bent on returning home to Dis and using entertainment to stifle his boredom of mortals, he joined the Herald. I had a good role I thought (all song based), good "in-your-face" brash comic style of RP, and yet I really saw nothing from above. Wrote a letter to Immortal (going down to an archdevil), prayed to Satan, I sat in the Inn quite a lot, and I was pretty much involved with every hero for my many Inferno trips (took goods and evils)....yet nothing. Now not to ruin the secret for those that haven't gone to the Inferno, but there's a "roll the dice" random-chance situation which can turn you evil (I was neutral) and as fate as it, I got struck evil and couldn't sing.

Great, so a character that's never seen/heard from an Immortal in 150 hours, needs his voice. So I began praying...nothing. Despite the fact all my in-game buddies were cheering me on, I never heard anything really. By a nudge from some Scions, I spoke with Lady Eshval but it didn't pan out. I play the game too much I'll admit but having NO ability for a week turns the game I play for fun to a horrible boring chore. I pretty much just prayed and sat around the Inn, until Iunna kicked me (more on that later)...so now I'm left with pretty much nothing to do but talk to people - which I did until I couldn't bare it anymore honestly. In my final moments, I tried to plan another Inferno trip (even let Eshval in on the date so maybe something would happen) and it didn't happen. After a quick pray of "Any words of encouragement before I delete?" and hearing nothing, it was the final straw. Finally decided that this guy was just never going to pan out into anything but an ex-Inferno tour guide who sat in his guild all the time so I deleted.

So on to the goodbyes....

Eshval, it was a carrot dangling that I began to hate. I don't know if it's Immortal policy to "let them sweat", but a full week of no singing just killed the game for me. I tried probably 5-6 different times every day for a week...I'm beginning to think the only reason you answered me the first time was because you were online and couldn't hide from me. If you reply with "I had plans", or any bone before a full week would have been nice - hell a note or something would have been awesome. It's not fun for anyone to just login and talk to the hero range for an hour then logout. Oh well, maybe I was just "tagged" to not get it.

Iunna, I'll be honest - Vadante hated you with a passion and I definitely wasn't a big fan after this experience. Being in a cabal where a small majority gets massive amounts of attention and you get nothing, ticked me off. Our one conversation I tried to initiate, you answered with 1-2 word replies before just going invis. I had to sit there as everyone talked about their many interaction with you, even you giving my group members a hug on the way to the Inferno - then when I ask for one, I get a flat "No"...where's the love! Then, despite Frajalar and all the non-goodies (hell, even Seeanya did) standing up for me after I turned evil....despite multiple occasions in the Bar that went well....despite entire conversations with the Fortress to make it normal, I log in one day and not 1 minute goes bye and you say "Sorry" and kick me. No conversation, no chance, nothing. Thanks a lot. /sarcasm

Rest of Herald, some of you were cool....pity it didn't work out as an evil herald (Seeayna - awesome costume, thank you despite getting lectured about it being "too evil"). After this being my first cabal inside, I must say - probably won't ever do a Herald again, it's just not me.

Nuloh, having dealt with you with two characters now (Torak+Vadante), you're honestly what kept me from flat out deleting last week. Having nothing to do but talk to people, you actually did respond which kept me going some of the time. Sorry I couldn't join you to the places we wanted to go (rare to find someone who knows a lot - thanks for the help on a few guys, although I take credit for Coven ) and generally being a nag the last week. By the way, I did try to sleep you in town And don't post on the other forums - haven't been playing long but I can tell you it's where the real trolls come out. Keep strong and kill um all (kudos if ya post a log of you know what).

Marion, damnt man....first you get declined from Herald. Then you get the worst forms to explore. Then you get attacked a few times in the Inn and I have to play the bad guy. Then you just disappear and leave me to these sensitive idiots! It was a lot of fun, you being my midget cussin' sidekick Must be frustrating to play for 50 levels and get forms like that (they seriously need to fix shifters, no class should be a 100 hour gamble). I'm with ya, boa is horrible.

Zentril, I went ballistic and probably borderline out of character when you killed me...after I slept you and let you live, I go and fight a villager in the village and you come in and fiend me then kill me in Galadon - all because you forgot meeting before (and we did). Then the villager takes my things (despite him never touching me) and sacrifices them....I replaced them all later but man, I was fuming. Luckily we came out of it buddies I think instead of us fighting, which is rare for an evil. Hope ya enjoy the gear.

Sekhuroth, good luck - you'll need it with the massive amount of necromancers and rising fortress around. Thanks for the encouragement to seek Eshval and sitting in the Inn with me when I had jack to do. *raises a whiskey shot* Keep at it and thanks for the good times.

Kanaev, Hunsobo, Seriistian, Waserax, and a bunch of my buddies...thanks for tolerating my nagging in the end. Sorry for sacrificing the pile that night...having to go OOC to wait for an area respawn (which took an HOUR) is annoying - that should be unsaccable. Least now I know some things I really should do every single time in the Inferno (like scan) no matter what. Learned a *LOT* down there, think I took....what 10 trips or more?

Palmer, seriously, just delete. I played for nearly 175 hours and I saw you once, and you tried to PK me without a word because of my gear. Then you log out to disappear again....that aien't right.

Nexuns, alright put on your fire hazard clothing.....this cabal has got to be the dumbest thing for a small community (oh god, the flames coming!). Having a group in the Fifth Circle and then 2 nexuns saying they can't continue because the balance changed, what the hell (literally)! I planned that date for awhile, it's not like you can plan on how many evils are logged in at a given time. If we had 100-200+ people on, it might be cool with giant sways in balance but right now with the ability to backstab players because "oops, fire giant 4 logged in. DIE EVILS!" is retarded. All it does is cause problems between more people, makes taking Nexuns to the Inferno impossible (which sucks), and general IQ of the game to lower. Sorry, it's how I feel and probably a lot of other people - doubt their fate would do well with a monthly poll.

Villagers, love/hate relationship. I was constantly with shifters or casters, and in all honesty I can't blame you not attacking me first over them, but it got old and I started to feel bad about how easy it was to fight most of you. After a certain point I just tried to avoid you guys because I felt bad. I'd say all my PKs were off villagers, with maybe 1-2 on the side....I wasn't exactly trying to make a killing character, I just wanted to explore.

Well back to the drawing board, learned a lot with this guy....probably more about what I don't like in the game than what I do like, but least it'll help me avoid those type of situations. Funny that tapster posted "Zilch Immortal Experience Frustrations" - I felt like that guy too. If anyone would like to donate so I could see my Imm comments on the PBF, I'd be super grateful (no purchases right now for me, buying a house)....feedback is always appreciated. And I know I've said it before, but Scarabaeus if you're reading this (ironically one of the Immortal interactions I had with Torak), PLEASE add exploration/quest experience to the Inferno. Spending 50+ hours there and getting nothing to try out some edges was definitely a huge downer - especially when it seems all hero bards have like 10+. Very cool area though...just wish there were enough people to actual explore it more instead of racing through it (always wanted to fight the Baal daughters after I saw them).

Hope you guys enjoyed Vadante, preemptive apologies for people I pissed off....still a newbie at heart so feel free to reply.

-Torak

DerexalThu 12-Apr-07 11:56 PM
Member since 25th Feb 2007
75 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57303, "I'm just curious"
In response to Reply #1

This post is solely based on my interactions with you.

1. You chose a name obviously tied to OOC literary work.

2. You chose a role obviously tied to OOC literary work.

3. You freaking quoted and talked about the inferno based
on the same literary work(blatantly OOC).

I mean, when I was around you I felt like I was walking next to
the paperback version of Dantes Inferno.

To be honest with you, I'm surprised the character got as far as
it did. The entire concept seemed to be planned around a blatantly
OOC setup from the word go.

I appreciated the effort you put into it, but man, you gotta get
away from stuff like this(at least what I experienced) and get
back to some more original stuff.

I think if you turn around and put as much effort into an original
role instead of going and making your next character machilles the
greek style warrior, you'll get a hell of a lot more pleasant
interaction going on.

Just my 2 cents yo, good luck on whatever you do next.

Dex

ps - They have some pretty high caliber heralds going at the moment.
If you were to ever take advantage of something like that it would
probably be right about now. That way you don't have to deal with
the standard "zany" and "giggle" style that usually plagues the Inn.
I wouldn't completely give up on the experience yet.

TorakFri 13-Apr-07 12:29 AM
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57307, "RE: I'm just curious"
In response to Reply #2

Ironically, Vadante was out of a random-name generator and I hadn't even chosen my whole "Hell" interest until later - not sure, but if the PBF ever comes out you can see when my 2nd role entry is which started it. I kind of made up the story as I went along. There was no alternative motive to hide Dante in the name, honestly.

DaevrynFri 13-Apr-07 12:10 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#57304, "Not to pick a fight, but here we go."
In response to Reply #1

>From the beginning to the end, I really felt like Vadante was
>the red-headed stepchild of CF. I initially made the guy as an
>insult comic, with a very weird background (probably too weird
>after Daevryn's comment about evil characters).

Which comment was that? I'm not reembering this.

>Bent on
>returning home to Dis and using entertainment to stifle his
>boredom of mortals, he joined the Herald. I had a good role I
>thought (all song based), good "in-your-face" brash comic
>style of RP, and yet I really saw nothing from above.

I'll be completely honest with you, because I think you can take it. I've been reading roles going back through the Entropy era, and I think yours made the least sense of any I've ever seen. The more I thought about it, the dumber it seemed to me. It just made so little sense to me in light of the logic, such as it is, of the rest of Thera that I could not have found it more jarring and out of place if you had added, "P.S. Vadante also wears an Oscar Meyer Weiner Costume."

I don't know, maybe I would have seen it all differently if you'd picked evil as an alignment in the first place. As much as your role made sense, evil was the obvious choice -- much as the few other dozen takes on the same basic "I'm really from Hell and now I'm trying to go back to Hell!" concept I've seen over the years picked. Pretty much every bit of your RP I ever saw was more evil than most evil characters, but you're neutral? Huh?

>Great, so a character that's never seen/heard from an Immortal
>in 150 hours, needs his voice. So I began praying...nothing.
>Despite the fact all my in-game buddies were cheering me on, I
>never heard anything really. By a nudge from some Scions, I
>spoke with Lady Eshval but it didn't pan out. I play the game
>too much I'll admit but having NO ability for a week turns the
>game I play for fun to a horrible boring chore. I pretty much
>just prayed and sat around the Inn, until Iunna kicked me
> more on that later)...so now I'm left with pretty much
>nothing to do but talk to people - which I did until I
>couldn't bare it anymore honestly. In my final moments, I
>tried to plan another Inferno trip (even let Eshval in on the
>date so maybe something would happen) and it didn't happen.
>After a quick pray of "Any words of encouragement before I
>delete?" and hearing nothing, it was the final straw.

I feel like all of this disappointment is predicated on the assumption that this character deserved songs back or would generally make the game better with songs back, and I know I didn't feel that way.

>Nexuns, alright put on your fire hazard clothing.....this
>cabal has got to be the dumbest thing for a small community
> oh god, the flames coming!). Having a group in the Fifth
>Circle and then 2 nexuns saying they can't continue because
>the balance changed, what the hell (literally)! I planned that
>date for awhile, it's not like you can plan on how many evils
>are logged in at a given time. If we had 100-200+ people on,
>it might be cool with giant sways in balance but right now
>with the ability to backstab players because "oops, fire giant
>4 logged in. DIE EVILS!" is retarded. All it does is cause
>problems between more people, makes taking Nexuns to the
>Inferno impossible (which sucks), and general IQ of the game
>to lower. Sorry, it's how I feel and probably a lot of other
>people - doubt their fate would do well with a monthly poll.

Nexus in a lot of cases can't really go to Hell without a very handpicked group, certain risks, or a lot of forethought. Them's the breaks and one of the prices of being in the cabal. I'm pretty sure we didn't forcibly induct anyone. As well to complain that the Battle you wanted to take along couldn't go because you also had mages. Being caballed is never without sacrifices.

That's about it. I don't recognize your handle, but I'm hoping I'll like your next more.

TorakFri 13-Apr-07 12:26 AM
1216 posts
#57306, "RE: Not to pick a fight, but here we go."
In response to Reply #3

The comment about "weird evil" role had to do I think with a role contest....something to the equivalent of all evil chars were demons/molested/wacko or something extreme and not just "evil".

The role....it was a bit weird but I left some stuff out so someone might get curious and ask about it - guess that was wrong. I had a whole conversation with Yikoti about it, but Vadante wasn't mortal (he was a renegade familiar) and wanted Dis to be his new home (wasn't a demon or anything). I could get into it, but it's kinda moot at this point. I honestly didn't want to be evil, since he enjoyed entertaining everyone.

Maybe it's not an assumption, but I thought I put a lot into the guy and made an impact enough that after a week of praying without a voice, and probably a month with no interaction, I'd see something. I may have had no loving so far, but I thought I shoulda got something. If a magical rock came and talked to me, I'd be thrilled but I saw nothing. Again, this is my second character so if the "sweat" period is longer than a week/25 hours, then really I should just avoid cases like this. I honestly didn't even know that *secret stuff* in the Inferno could turn you evil. Live and learn.

About Nexus, I just find the basis silly - especially with how often the balance changes. Starting an inferno trip then having to execute 2 members on the 5th circle isn't exactly "fun", which is what primarily people play the game for. Realizing that I had planned that date a week in advance and ya can't really predict the balance at the beginning of a trip.....eh enough ranting, I just don't like it Just my 2 cents. I don't honestly understand how you can bring battle in it...magic is something they hate constantly, it doesn't change based on how many elves are logged in.

Seeayna (Guest)Fri 13-Apr-07 12:10 AM

#57305, "Gonna miss the token evil guy"
In response to Reply #1

Ok, I admit not being cut out for goodie characters because I'm just inherently chaotic neutral. I can't bring myself to genuinely hate people but when people start going into PK RAPE mode (Resist All Pissy Emotes/tells) I get really POed, and I try to vent in an IC manner. For some reason, dealing with Vadante, and don't even ask me how, because I have no f***ing clue why, but Seeayna made me one of those "I'd like my coin back even though you're a PKing F***tard." kind of guy.

Personally, the RP could honestly have been better, all you need is a little modification. SOmething to give it a personal touch. I admit to using stuff form books, but I modified so at least PART of it was my idea.

P.S.
You vaguely remind me of this other evil bard guy whose name started with a D and I can't for the life of me, remember. DWIYANG, that was it. But anyway, good luck with your next and all that jazz. Hope to see you at the Inn in the future.

Todgerman (Guest)Fri 13-Apr-07 12:49 AM

#57309, "He did?"
In response to Reply #4

How cme he reminded u of dwiyang

Seeayna (Guest)Fri 13-Apr-07 08:19 AM

#57317, "RE: He did?"
In response to Reply #8

Mostly because he was the only evil guy who just HAPPENED to be a bard. The general "I hate everyone because everyone's against me" style evil-guy RP also helped.

No offense Vadante.

TorakFri 13-Apr-07 12:26 PM
1216 posts
#57323, "RE: He did?"
In response to Reply #13

Um, Zentril was an evil bard....comedian too.

Seeayna (Guest)Fri 13-Apr-07 12:44 PM

#57325, "RE: He did?"
In response to Reply #15

Zentril's Scion though. You and Dwiyang were Herald.

Frajalar (Guest)Fri 13-Apr-07 12:46 AM

#57308, "RE: Que sera, sera"
In response to Reply #1

Good part is I thought you had a decent bit of talent for writing.
Bad part was you never wrote about anything but the Inferno.

Good part is you could navigate that area explore like a champ.
Bad part is, that is all you ever seemed to want to do.

Good part is that you were a Herald and held in esteem of the same.
Bad part is, everyone but you did that....

I liked the char. Was good the few times we had. I have no real comments to make, I always considered you IC as the black sheep of the family and I did my bit to keep you around, but you gotta give more lovin' to the arts, man. Well, good or bad (or both) I'l always remember you from the char's history.

That 'Frajie' Guy.

Yikoti (Guest)Fri 13-Apr-07 02:23 AM

#57312, "Too bad"
In response to Reply #1

I sensed your....enthusiasm for this character. A shame it ended like it did. A few things:

As a "champion of virtue" I gave you a huge benefit of the doubt when you kept going on about the Inferno. I know almost nothing about the zone, and just the Cliff's notes version of Dante's work. (just noticed the Vadante/Dante bit, sorta funny) So I was forced to run with the standard fantasy/D&D angle on what it means to want to live in a place generally known as hell. An (un)healthy obsession with an evil place kept me from getting too chummy. If I was any other class...

After you turned I never got the time or opportunity to talk to you about what it all meant. Someone told me what happened then not two minutes later I'm hearing (true or not) about you acting downright ghoulish in a place dedicated to entertainment and knowledge and relaxation from the horrors of the world. Again, benefit of the doubt...and a sense of loss.

Then you got booted and went all postal on Iunna and my "boss" and friend Siladhiele...well, you can guess how that would have gone down.

So, having said all that, I wish you would have stuck around

You were awesome doing your little interview with me and Siladhiele at the Bar. The few works you published were top-notch. (better than my own stuff anyway) And if we had more time to sit in the Inn and rap with the guests and play off each other it would have been sweet.

As for the vagaries of immteraction, well, I think it's best to pack your own lunch. Anything in your role past getting empowered is just asking for disappointment. It also makes anything more than empowerment that much cooler and important to your char.

I have a funny cut-and-paste to show you someday, after a couple people die.

See you in the fields

Lyug (Guest)Fri 13-Apr-07 04:05 AM

#57313, "It was fun"
In response to Reply #1

I had fun during the times we interacted, you knew your #### when it came to the inferno thats no joke. Good luck on your next.

PS - You still got my 60 gold for that cloak. I want it back *wink*

RayihnFri 13-Apr-07 06:37 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#57314, "You make a *lot* of incorrect assumptions"
In response to Reply #1

You actually received quite a bit of imm attention. Unfortunately, when people watched you they tended to not like the character. You must talk to some people who have gotten burned in the past, because the way you felt every bad thing that happened to you was an imm out to get you (and then complained loudly about it via pray) was more than enough to put some imms off on you. My advice would be to try not to be so adversarial with the imms in the future.

Also, I'm sorry, I have a hard time buying that your name "Dante" and your last name "Dis" and your role all about the "Inferno" are all just one big coincidense. That's crazy.

Also, you seem upset that no one came down to 'play satan' with you, but I really disliked your take on becoming evil. It was..."Oh, this happened. Huh. Well, ####, satan here I come baby! I's evil now!!" Like Daevryn said, why was this character even neutral in the first place? Also, alignment changes are supposed to be a big deal. I don't think there's anyone in the history of the game that has turned it around and gotten their spells/skills/supps/songs back in a few days. It isn't supposed to be easy.

StraklawFri 13-Apr-07 08:04 AM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#57316, "Yes, yes, I always have to be contradictory."
In response to Reply #11

I did it with Baltherias in three days!

Mon Jun 27 16:11:53 2005 by 'Aarn' at level 51 (195 hrs):
Turned evil after a group concensus that he was, well, evil.

Wed Jun 29 18:46:48 2005 by 'Eshval' at level 51 (198 hrs):
Even though evil, has not whined about his spells. Keeps killing enemies. Cudos!

Thu Jun 30 17:53:50 2005 by 'Eshval' at level 51 (201 hrs):
Some nice rp at the Gallery with reinvesting with his prayers.

Hell, I was probably the most shocked out of everyone! Woot me!

TorakFri 13-Apr-07 12:25 PM
1216 posts
#57322, "RE: You make a *lot* of incorrect assumptions"
In response to Reply #11

>You actually received quite a bit of imm attention.
>Unfortunately, when people watched you they tended to not like
>the character. You must talk to some people who have gotten
>burned in the past, because the way you felt every bad thing
>that happened to you was an imm out to get you (and then
>complained loudly about it via pray) was more than enough to
>put some imms off on you. My advice would be to try not to be
>so adversarial with the imms in the future.

Um, when did I ever complain via pray? The only thing I went ooc about was asking if I was handling the situation correctly, because I've never prayed to an Imm before. I've never done empowerment before and here I was trying to get my voice back which I think is harder - after hearing nothing for 25hours/1week, and nothing for the life of the character (which I prayed to Satan too) I thought I was doing something wrong. Eshval was nice enough to give me a hint that I should be at her shrine before trying to talk to her...I had no clue. Not everyone has been playing this game for 10+ years.

>Also, I'm sorry, I have a hard time buying that your name
>"Dante" and your last name "Dis" and your role all about the
>"Inferno" are all just one big coincidense. That's crazy.

You can check, but the hell role didn't come up until later...I didn't even know Dis was the name of the city until the character was already made. My first role had *nothing* to do with Hell at all, should have given a warning flag that I didn't think of it at all.

>Also, you seem upset that no one came down to 'play satan'
>with you, but I really disliked your take on becoming evil.
>It was..."Oh, this happened. Huh. Well, ####, satan here I
>come baby! I's evil now!!" Like Daevryn said, why was this
>character even neutral in the first place? Also, alignment
>changes are supposed to be a big deal. I don't think there's
>anyone in the history of the game that has turned it around
>and gotten their spells/skills/supps/songs back in a few days.
> It isn't supposed to be easy.

As I said, there were reason for being neutral that I never put in the role - I figured people would be curious and ask, instead of tag me as an idiot. As Yikoti spoke of, we had a pretty cool conversation about it. Someone can be obssesed with something dark and not be dark themselves - I've met a few good lawyers before From the beginning of the role entry, I aimed for Satan and prayed about, talked about it, everything. Suddenly I'm evil, so I tried to act like "Satan has chosen this path for me" - nothing suddenly changed, ask any Herald/buddy at the time and they would have told ya who I prayed to prior to this.

You guys have really have it out to slam this guy, when it's my 2nd character, I lost my voice, I tried to get it back in a week/25 hours, and didn't want to try anymore because I had the idea that I was the black sheep.....and look, I was right. Thanks for reaffirming my belief it was a dead cause, sheesh. Trust me, I'm going to avoid any situation like this again.

I'm taking this as a learning experience, so if anyone wants to buy the PBF so I can see the comments would be nice.

DaevrynFri 13-Apr-07 12:57 PM
11117 posts
#57326, "RE: You make a *lot* of incorrect assumptions"
In response to Reply #14

>You guys have really have it out to slam this guy, when it's
>my 2nd character,

Based on watching this character lead around, I'm having a really hard time believing that.

TorakFri 13-Apr-07 01:05 PM
1216 posts
#57327, "RE: You make a *lot* of incorrect assumptions"
In response to Reply #17
Edited on Fri 13-Apr-07 01:08 PM

Just log everything and go over it after you log out, use the Zmud mapper, hang out with people that know, use the wiki, and it's not that hard to learn your way around.

Not to mention a neutral bard is wanted for everything.

Oh the character before it was Torak, conjie, with a super imp (double edge)....I walked around a LOT with him.

DaevrynFri 13-Apr-07 01:08 PM
11117 posts
#57329, "Nonetheless:"
In response to Reply #18

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Zesam (Guest)Fri 13-Apr-07 03:45 PM

#57333, "I don't buy it either"
In response to Reply #20

Here is my take of you, either you've been playing for a long time. Or you have some serious ooc buddies. When I have someone that does not impress me as a character. Although you did have some moments, but nothing fantastic... you ranked up in like what a week to hero? It was quick. Then you go around asking everyone to go to hell. You "say" you know how to go all the way. Blah blah. Yet in hell, and being able to lead around. You make some seriously stupid mistakes, right? If this indeed your 2nd char. I don't buy it at all. Someone has either given you the guide to hell, or you've been playing for a long time. Yeah as a player I don't know everything, but I had been to hell a few times before you were asking me to and, yet you can tell me the exact steps to everywhere? That just seriously turned me off to you as a player. And I'll give you thanks for giving me a reason IC as well.

Yhorian (Guest)Fri 13-Apr-07 07:07 PM

#57349, "Additional."
In response to Reply #23

The two nexuns who supposedly stopped 'doing' hell because the balance had swung bad? Big, huge roleplay points for giving up in the middle of a hell trip for it.

The guy who whined about it? Clearly has no idea what sacrifices have to be made for good roleplay. Like that paladin who wanted to wear the five faces of evil.

Good show.

TorakFri 13-Apr-07 08:06 PM
1216 posts
#57352, "RE: Additional."
In response to Reply #27
Edited on Fri 13-Apr-07 08:09 PM

Well trust me, it's not a mistake I'll make again - if they knew the balance could have changed in the Inferno, they shouldn't have came.

And if I remember right, both of them got chewed out by Immortal before leaving and I think both deleted. I'd be pissed to if I planned something in advance and it got messed up in the middle because of how many people logged on. Balance should be more about bigger sways, like once a week or how many kills their were or something to that effect, not how many people logged on. Especially with a low population.

LinolaquesSat 14-Apr-07 06:44 PM
Member since 25th Sep 2006
63 posts
#57389, "Whining"
In response to Reply #14

>Um, when did I ever complain via pray? The only thing I went
>ooc about was asking if I was handling the situation
>correctly, because I've never prayed to an Imm before. I've
>never done empowerment before and here I was trying to get my
>voice back which I think is harder - after hearing nothing for
>25hours/1week, and nothing for the life of the character
> which I prayed to Satan too) I thought I was doing something
>wrong. Eshval was nice enough to give me a hint that I should
>be at her shrine before trying to talk to her...I had no clue.
>Not everyone has been playing this game for 10+ years.

I'd say there's three good options here:

1> You didn't complain via pray and the Imms have a conspiracy to ruin your second character evar--a character that had this totally sweet role about Hell but the player didn't even know about it until later in life but could still lead groups around in.

2> You're a griefer, and should get a life. I'm all for Imms outing players like this.

3> You're an asshole that thinks he's entitled to special treatment because of a huge ego. You rub people the wrong way and then claim it is RP, but really it is just a problem with the player being an asshole. Imms watch your character, likely more than others because of your attention-whoring, but so many facets of your playstyle and rp make them want to avoid interacting with you. Unfortunately, you're so blind to your asshattery that what everyone else sees as impudent prays and actions, you think is just normal conscientiousness on your part.

At least, that's just what I've gotten from reading your thread and my experiences playing 1000+ years.

IunnaFri 13-Apr-07 01:05 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
473 posts
#57328, "RE: Que sera, sera"
In response to Reply #1

Iunna, I'll be honest - Vadante hated you with a passion and I
definitely wasn't a big fan after this experience. Being in a
cabal where a small majority gets massive amounts of attention
and you get nothing, ticked me off. Our one conversation I
tried to initiate, you answered with 1-2 word replies before
just going invis.

I got tipped off on the rip-offish feel of your role/name, etc. by a mortal, and that basically turned me off from the character. The one conversation I think you're speaking of, you were asking for an induction interview and I had already made it clear your status was up to Siladhiele (I had talked to her about you previously, and that was the decision). Maybe I should've given you more of a chance, but ultimately I don't think the character turned out to be a very good Herald.

I had to sit there as everyone talked about
their many interaction with you, even you giving my group
members a hug on the way to the Inferno - then when I ask for
one, I get a flat "No"...where's the love!

I'll try to put that in my helpfile so future characters aren't misguided: Only hugs tattooed followers.

Then, despite Frajalar and all the non-goodies (hell, even
Seeanya did)standing up for me after I turned evil....despite multiple
occasions in the Bar that went well....despite entire
conversations with the Fortress to make it normal, I log in
one day and not 1 minute goes bye and you say "Sorry" and kick
me. No conversation, no chance, nothing. Thanks a lot.

Evil characters in Herald is supposed to be a rarity, and certainly one that requires a great deal of convincing on my part. To this point, the only significant things I had seen out of you were nonstop trips to Hell. Great, it's your role. But what about your role made you want to be a Herald? I honestly couldn't see any rhyme or reason behind the decision to join. I'd be lying if I said that you were in no danger of getting the boot regardless, unless you made drastic changes. Changes you did, but the kind that made the decision all too easy for me.

Good aligned characters standing up for an obviously evil character has never made sense to me. But the decision to support you (for whatever reason) is between those people and myself, not you. Rest assured a note went out shortly thereafter.

Iunna!

Please keep your hands down
And stop raising your voice
It's hardly what I'd be doing
if you gave me a choice

-Snow Patrol, How to be Dead

Nano (Guest)Fri 13-Apr-07 02:35 PM

#57332, "And hell. I never got a hug."
In response to Reply #19

Bitch

Since I don't have a character to invade your shrine with, I gotta know, did you get that painting of Savraeth up yet? I can't remember who gave it to me, but I thought it was the coolest find.

Sokde (Guest)Fri 13-Apr-07 01:47 PM

#57331, "Shame"
In response to Reply #1

Sokde liked you more after you went evil and couldn't sing anymore. You seemed to be more genuine. I was hoping that we could have a little more time to interact so that you weren't left in the dust after all the align-switching. I was pulling for you to remain a Herald and had been looking to talk to you after you were kicked out. Unfortunately, it seems to be that anything but the cookie-cutter bar tender doesn't seem to get much interaction. I was hoping to run an event with you, but it didn't work out that way.

Basicly, don't be turned off by Iunna's responces (or lack thereof) to you as a Herald. MPOV being that I've been a Herald for quite a while and have never seen her but once, and you and I seemed to have a lot of the same playing times. May be a time issue (probably not), but who knows.

Best of luck on your next,
Sorry it didn't work out.

See you in the Fields.

Hunsobo (Guest)Fri 13-Apr-07 04:43 PM

#57338, "You have no idea...."
In response to Reply #1

I was *this* close to bashing you into the ground that night. After 45 minutes of waiting for that thing to repop and then you suggested going and killing something else, I actually had "cb yous all follow self, Hunsobo gonna smash Vadguy" typed in but decided not to type it.

Then when you ended up w/o a voice, I again thought of bashing you because it'd be a really evil thing to do, but as a player I didn't want to be a #### (kick you when you're down? Bleh.) and also I figured you'd be another body to throw at those bitches we fought. Not that it helped.

Overall I didn't mind you, you seemed mostly competant as a groupmate from the few things we did - but MAN were people complaining to me about you...nearly constantly. I had people vowing to never go to Hell with you again - 2 or 3.

One guy said you were "special."

Sorry things didn't work out like you wanted. It was fun (mostly) though!

TorakFri 13-Apr-07 05:38 PM
1216 posts
#57345, "RE: You have no idea...."
In response to Reply #24
Edited on Fri 13-Apr-07 05:38 PM

Live and learn....I pretty much pissed off both healer options (Kholav and Zesam), one because I didn't think to scan (thanks Shewaji for screwing up the river! seriously though, thanks for helping with Inferno talks...learned a lot) and the other because of my attitude.

Oh well, I tried. We probably would have made it if I had my voice that night, least to Dis.

Waserax (Guest)Fri 13-Apr-07 06:34 PM

#57346, "RE: You have no idea...."
In response to Reply #24

I never got the point of contemplating mutiny, but I was pretty annoyed on the one hell trip I went on. Vadante specifically said, "Don't flee unless I say so." Not having been that deep into Hell before, I took that to heart. So there I am, getting my ass kicked by some mobs, not able to heal myself faster than they're damaging me, and I'm thinking, "Should I flee? No, Vadante said to wait for his word..." Sure enough, when I had like 75hp left I get the order to flee, but by then it was too late.

Anyway, I didn't take it personally....who knows, I probably would have done something similarly goofy if I'd been leading the party...but it still made me kick myself for not taking the initiative and fleeing before you sounded the retreat.

TorakFri 13-Apr-07 08:05 PM
1216 posts
#57351, "RE: You have no idea...."
In response to Reply #26

Shoulda specified the Furies are kinda a special case...I mostly meant the river. Live and learn on bad leading skills.

EshvalSat 14-Apr-07 12:54 AM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57359, "RE: Que sera, sera"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Sat 14-Apr-07 01:01 AM

I am only going to address you comments as they apply to me, and let you have your interactions with other folks on everything else.

Eshval, it was a carrot dangling that I began to hate. I don't know if it's Immortal policy to "let them sweat", but a full week of no singing just killed the game for me. I tried probably 5-6 different times every day for a week...I'm beginning to think the only reason you answered me the first time was because you were online and couldn't hide from me. If you reply with "I had plans", or any bone before a full week would have been nice - hell a note or something would have been awesome. It's not fun for anyone to just login and talk to the hero range for an hour then logout. Oh well, maybe I was just "tagged" to not get it.

Actually that you approached me was a surprise. We had never interacted, and I only 'knew' of you marginally. Since I did not remove your voice, there is a certain hesitancy to interfere without 'good cause'. Within our meeting, I didn't see a valid reason to intercede that would benefit Eshval. At least, not at that time.

I really had no reason to 'hide' from you as I didn't feel any intimidation or apprehension towards dealing with you. Perhaps in this you overrate your interest to Eshval?

Going only a week without a voice is really very little time in the life of a character, most whose alignments are adjusted for behavior or rp issues will wait substantially longer for any reprieve. If your skill/voice/whatever were returned after but a few days, we would see a plethora of folks crossing the alignment line, and the general lack of consequences for actions would be usurped.

A small thing to bear in mind, is my life and playing times may or may not mesh with yours. During my online time, I try to give folks a positive experience when dealing with me and CF in general. You had 157 hours invested in your character, though likely you would have lived several hundreds more, but this change and your lack of determination is what may you end your character.

You make it sound as if I led you on and because I didn't return your voice in a quick fasion, I was a major part of your devotion for deletion. I did nothing to or for your character aside from listening to your problem, asking what's in it for me, and telling you I would consider your request.

Because Eshval did or did not choose to immediately embrace your appearance in her shrine should come as no surprise. How much had you prayed to her, donated in her name, written works in her name, and so on, prior to your voice loss?

Understand, in CF it is easy to lose something, but it is a bugger to get it back...and it takes time and effort.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

torak_lazy (Guest)Sat 14-Apr-07 02:32 AM

#57361, "RE: Que sera, sera"
In response to Reply #30

Well, I didn't lose my voice for rp/behavior issues - it was luck of the dice. I did feel a week was long without voice (since there's nothing I could really do but talk to people), but it was more the fact that I had a huge uphill battle. Here was a char that had zero interaction from the immortals, trying for something harder than empowerment...and I had no real Immortal picked out since my character had prayed to Satan. I honestly went on a whim to speak to you, since everyone speaks highly of you and a few Scions in-game I knew suggested you. Our interaction was great too, btw.

I don't blame you for the end of the character, but something to pass the time of a week would have been nice. Even showing up and saying "nope, haven't decided yet" or a kick in the right direction would have been nice - total new to the Immortal side, or what to expect and now I have a better picture. It was just an amount of things...felt like a black sheep, was kicked from my cabal, forced to just sit for hours and talk to people....got to me, wasn't fun anymore. Would have been nice to continue it with, but didn't work out.

*shrug*

GinGaSat 14-Apr-07 05:30 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
996 posts
#57363, "The fact you rolled those dice, means you deserved it. ..."
In response to Reply #31

nt

EshvalSat 14-Apr-07 10:42 AM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57370, "RE: Que sera, sera"
In response to Reply #31

Perhaps you missed the part - A small thing to bear in mind, is my life and playing times may or may not mesh with yours.

Even showing up and saying "nope, haven't decided yet" or a kick in the right direction would have been nice.... Please bear in mind, I do have an existence outside of CF, and when I am online, it is not with the intent to do nothing but wait for a single character. When you play, you concentrate on one character, imms don't have that luxury, we are often spread pretty thin, performing a bunch of game-related tasks.

Through all this, you assume I was online waiting to answer your prayers...or that I was ignoring you....or that I have nothing else to do that is important. The fact that you were kicked from cabal, forced to just sit for hours and talk to people seems an odd phraseology. This sounds like your time was rp-oriented, but that was boring (odd for someone who had been in a rp-driven cabal), and it was someone's fault.

Again, I really had only one interaction with your character, and only skimmed what had gone before, so I am not in a position to say much about what when on, only my part of this episode.

Good Luck

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

DaevrynSat 14-Apr-07 03:57 PM
11117 posts
#57382, "RE: Que sera, sera"
In response to Reply #31

>Well, I didn't lose my voice for rp/behavior issues - it was
>luck of the dice.

Who said there was anything random involved?

(And leave it there, because then we're delving into area explore mechanics.)

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #57301 Previous topic | Next topic