Subject: "(CON LOSS) [SCION] Edimus Fraighn the Ill-Fated Dastard..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #56679
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 24-Mar-07 12:04 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2024
16904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56679, "(CON LOSS) [SCION] Edimus Fraighn the Ill-Fated Dastard, Poet Laureate, Advisor to the Chancellor"

Sat Mar 24 11:03:43 2007

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Edimus perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:299

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes, Valkenar, 24-Mar-07 02:39 PM, #1
     Reply So I always wondered, Victoria (Guest), 24-Mar-07 05:14 PM, #2
     Reply Interviews and Such, Valkenar, 24-Mar-07 08:01 PM, #5
     Reply Awesome job., Lyristeon, 24-Mar-07 07:13 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Awesome job., Valkenar, 24-Mar-07 07:48 PM, #4
     Reply It's unlikely that you remember it, but, Lanning (Guest), 24-Mar-07 08:03 PM, #6
     Reply Like it was yesterday, Valkenar, 25-Mar-07 01:17 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Eshval, 24-Mar-07 11:12 PM, #7
     Reply Doing interesting things, Valkenar, 25-Mar-07 02:24 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Haratzi (Guest), 25-Mar-07 05:16 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Valkenar, 26-Mar-07 09:58 AM, #19
     Reply I always wondered..., Tiatan, 25-Mar-07 09:26 AM, #10
     Reply Quests, writing and bard class experience, Valkenar, 25-Mar-07 02:16 PM, #12
          Reply RE: Quests, writing and bard class experience, Tiatan, 25-Mar-07 03:23 PM, #14
     Reply Mende's favorite enemy, Aodh, 25-Mar-07 10:50 AM, #11
     Reply Claws, Edges and Needling, Valkenar, 26-Mar-07 10:07 AM, #20
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Daelen, 25-Mar-07 05:03 PM, #15
     Reply Fortress Antithesis, Valkenar, 26-Mar-07 10:09 AM, #21
     Reply I basically had zero interaction with this character bu..., Iunna, 25-Mar-07 08:46 PM, #16
     Reply RE: I basically had zero interaction with this characte..., Valkenar, 26-Mar-07 10:11 AM, #22
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Marigue (Guest), 25-Mar-07 10:24 PM, #17
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Valkenar, 26-Mar-07 10:12 AM, #23
          Reply RP Log: Marigue, Fortress Ranger, Valkenar, 26-Mar-07 08:10 PM, #26
     Reply Yay for arial bash spam, Seonex (Guest), 26-Mar-07 09:55 AM, #18
     Reply RE: Yay for arial bash spam, Valkenar, 26-Mar-07 10:15 AM, #24
     Reply Curses, accidentally posted it before I was done, Seonex (Guest), 26-Mar-07 10:15 AM, #25
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Kanaev (Guest), 27-Mar-07 02:59 PM, #27
     Reply Honestly not being a jerk..., Twist, 27-Mar-07 04:59 PM, #28
          Reply Quit playing Andy Rooney to his Ali G n/t, Jegecc (Guest), 27-Mar-07 09:16 PM, #29
          Reply RE: Honestly not being a jerk..., Kanaev (Guest), 27-Mar-07 09:21 PM, #30
               Reply RE: Honestly not being a jerk..., Isildur, 27-Mar-07 10:51 PM, #31
     Reply dont take this the wrong way., vhloughVang (Guest), 28-Mar-07 12:10 AM, #32
     Reply One of the best!, Sensel (Guest), 28-Mar-07 12:09 PM, #33
     Reply Notes to all, Valkenar, 28-Mar-07 08:49 PM, #34
     Reply RE: Notes to all, Verakh (Guest), 28-Mar-07 09:48 PM, #35
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Lightmaged (Guest), 29-Mar-07 08:43 AM, #36
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Kastellyn, 29-Mar-07 11:09 AM, #37

ValkenarSat 24-Mar-07 02:31 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1203 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56682, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 24-Mar-07 02:39 PM

Edimus was a lot of fun. I chose the RP to be the general opposite of my actual outlook, though I do have a cynical/morbid sense of humor. In 7 years on and off CFing I'd never actually played a pk-focused character, which was the real point of him. I did just about as well as I expected. Not too great, but not abysmal either. I could've done better if I was willing to gather preps religiously, spent time gearing, used any kind of client or avoided dangerous fights. However, none of that is fun to me, so I just don't do it and accept the consequences (con death at 300 hours). When I stated I tried to use all sorts of fancy preps, scrolls and stuff to make it interesting, but after dieing and having that stuff looted a couple times I realized that it just wasn't worth the time investment.

I also tried not to be too reliant on nocturnes, and at that I failed miserably, killing like 6 people without using fiend at all. Lousy chase skills combined with not using a client pretty much meant that anyone who wasn't fiended could get away very easily. I tried to be sportsmanlike, and suceeded, mostly, though there definitely were times where I ended up mowing people down with that monster Kanaev. I rarely looted anything at all, and for the most part took dieing well (though I did get pissy and whiney on several occasions, which is regrettable).

I love criticism, it helps me much more than kudos, so if there was something you didn't like about Edimus or obvious pk suckitude, please tell me so I can improve. Despite Edimus's gloomy attitude, I definitely won't be upset.

All the notes I posted are saved, so if someone is interested in seeing any of the stuff I wrote, just ask.

Thanks everyone who made this a fun character. I suck at giving proper goodbyes, but here's an attempt:

Eshval:
Thanks so much for all the opportunities. Sorry I trailed off at the end there... I tried to stay alive more as you requested, but playing it safe isn't so much fun for me, plus I got busy with work and stuff, and a number of other factors hurt my hours. Anyhow, I really enjoyed our interactions, though it was always tough figuring out what to do since Edimus wouldn't really get along with Eshval since he has no respect for the things Eshval values.

Lyristeon:
Thanks for inspiring that "master of mayhem" thing. A friend of mine actually came up with a basic chord structure to go with the tune I had in mind for it, so now "m-m-m-m-master" is a running in-joke among my friends.

Malic:
You saved me from deleting. I had one delete typed in when you asked me to come do something, which I did, had fun, and that rekindled the excitement, so thanks for that

Kanaev:
You were fun, though we have somewhat opposite styles. But I knew that if you were on with me, we would take pretty much any item we want. I never got a real grip on your RP, but our hours didn't coincide for quite a while then.

D-shaman emperor (sorry, forget the name):
Sorry for being a lameass. I find rot to be a completely irritating skill. Yes, I can counteract it, but it is amazingly unfun to do so (I have no patience for gathering a bunch of con gear). You had every right to use rot constantly, and it's not overpowered per se, but I really hate the mechanic and think the game would be better off without it. So I chose to just avoid you as much as I possibly could.

Eulinda:
Enjoyed fighting you. Your rp was mostly entertaining, though I didn't like the being unable to actually discuss anything ever.

I liked almost all my enemies, everyone seemed pretty reasonable. Sorry for anyone who would've liked a goodbye, there were a ton of people I remember and enjoyed interacting with, so if you want to say something, I'll be sure to respond. Also, I have a ton of stuff logged. If anyone is interested in anything there's a good chance I have it.

Past chars:
Edimus, Elrys, Zandrumial, Sythvaur

Victoria (Guest)Sat 24-Mar-07 05:14 PM

#56686, "So I always wondered"
In response to Reply #1

Did you call Dacob in on me?

Other than that, I never really got to know you, so not too much to say. But you seemed interesting when we were talking on sirine. Not what I was expecting at all.

ValkenarSat 24-Mar-07 08:01 PM
1203 posts
#56695, "Interviews and Such"
In response to Reply #2

>Did you call Dacob in on me?

No, but that's a good idea. If I ever get another evil leadership position I'll definitely make a point of using the questions I asked that way.

What did you think of my interviews, overall? I tried to do something different than most interviews I've been in or conducted before, while doing things that would get a better idea about the character than the standard fare.

>Other than that, I never really got to know you, so not too
>much to say. But you seemed interesting when we were talking
>on sirine. Not what I was expecting at all.

Thanks, I liked your character as well. If you can make it to chancellor and stay comitted to the main theme I'm aware of it could be really interesting.

LyristeonSat 24-Mar-07 07:13 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56691, "Awesome job."
In response to Reply #1

I really enjoyed the early life of Edimus. You really set yourself up as a difficult act to follow when the act you are trying to follow is yourself. I saved the song you did for me and I am going to offer it up to the Lyceum unless you wish to do so yourself. I really would have liked to interact with you more, but, you did your job and went your own way. All around an awesome character. Keep them coming.

ValkenarSat 24-Mar-07 07:48 PM
1203 posts
#56694, "RE: Awesome job."
In response to Reply #3

>I really would have liked to interact with
>you more, but, you did your job and went your own way.

Yeah, I actually would've liked to interact with you more... my reference to nihilism in my role was an allusion to Lyristeonism, but I never really figured out a way to actually follow you sensibly. There just didn't seem to be a good answer to the question "Why would Edimus seek out Lyristeon?" There was some compatibility, but for a number of reasons, seeking out an immortal patron just wasn't a good fit.

> All around an awesome character. Keep them coming.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate that.

Lanning (Guest)Sat 24-Mar-07 08:03 PM

#56696, "It's unlikely that you remember it, but"
In response to Reply #1

I had you trapped good once on Crystal Island when you eventually fled/walked into a death trap. I was so hoping to actually get to finish you off for once when you died that way and cheated me out of it

If I got in the first lick and could manage to avoid the symphonic echoes, despite having no saves whatsoever, I could handle most bards. But when you folks came in force, I knew someone was going to die and it was likely going to be me.

Good job from the limited interactions we had.

ValkenarSun 25-Mar-07 01:17 AM
1203 posts
#56703, "Like it was yesterday"
In response to Reply #6

>I had you trapped good once on Crystal Island when you
>eventually fled/walked into a death trap. I was so hoping to
>actually get to finish you off for once when you died that way
>and cheated me out of it

Oh yeah, I definitely remember that. I was so pissed. I wanted to find a spot to sit and heal up a bit and then come back at you, and next thing I know I'm sitting at the pit wondering what the hell just happened. And part of the agony was just dieing a stupid way, but I also felt it was a cheesy way out, since you did have a very good chance of killing me in that situation, and my stupidity (well, ignorance) cheated you out of it.

>If I got in the first lick and could manage to avoid the
>symphonic echoes, despite having no saves whatsoever, I could
>handle most bards. But when you folks came in force, I knew
>someone was going to die and it was likely going to be me.

I actually liked fighting you a lot because you were a tough fight,but not a boring one. Overall a lot of fights, especially against giants, ended with sitting there watching myself be lagged waiting for eithet symphonic or flee to go through. Either that, or I would trounce them quickly (nightwalkers are tremendously awesome for bards). Against you it was touch and go, though you got the upper hand most of the time. But they were some of the best fights. We didn't rp much, but I definitely never saw anything bad from you.

EshvalSat 24-Mar-07 11:12 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56701, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Lots of enjoyment on my part watching you and interacting with you. It was fun to watch you balance getting more life against you fatalistic approach. I don't regret giving you Advisor, you did a fine job. We both faded at the end of all things, so no fault to you.

Edimus was a memorable character for me. Thanks for the fun.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

ValkenarSun 25-Mar-07 02:24 PM
1203 posts
#56716, "Doing interesting things"
In response to Reply #7

>Lots of enjoyment on my part watching you and interacting
>with you.

I'm glad. I actually had it in mind that I would always try to be doing something interesting to watch. Not out of a sense of obligation, but just because it's a good yardstick for whether I'm doing something interesting for myself or not. To some extent I took the attitude that if I wouldn't want to watch Edimus doing X as an immortal, then X was not worth doing. Not a hard-and-fast policy (I did get preps once in a while, and wander around aimlessly looking for fights I never found sometimes), but a good rule of thumb.

Haratzi (Guest)Sun 25-Mar-07 05:16 AM

#56706, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Man, I loved your notes and your presence. I regret that we did not interact more. Awesome RP man, just awesome.

Good luck with your next one!

ValkenarMon 26-Mar-07 09:58 AM
1203 posts
#56733, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #9

>Man, I loved your notes and your presence. I regret that we
>did not interact more. Awesome RP man, just awesome.
>
>Good luck with your next one!

Thanks, I enjoyed Haratzi too. Our times didn't mesh that well, but when you were around it was fun.

TiatanSun 25-Mar-07 09:26 AM
Member since 29th Oct 2006
118 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#56709, "I always wondered..."
In response to Reply #1

When Tiatan was lying through his teeth to try to get your cooperation for the Demon Quest, how much did you suspect? I know Edimus was suspicious, but he/she still cooperated anyways. Of course, the details are a bit fuzzy now.

I can't really find any criticism for this character except, but then, I'm new, so I know little of PK. Your RP was excellent, though. I loved all the discussions we had, both with Aldran and Tiatan. You're great in arguments, though again, I don't rememeber all the details, so I don't remember if you dismissed anything or used any fallacies, sadly (if I did, I'd like to know). If you did, though, it was very in character, and I thought it was very well done.

Your writing was superb, as well. All these poems and such from the bards these days show why I could never play a Bard. I just can't write like that without a whole lot of effort, and if I'm going to be talented enough to be able to make someone fight some imaginary nightmare creature with just a song, I better be talented enough to write well and often, but alas. What did you think of Bard combat, anyways? How balanced do you think it is? What would you say some of its drawbacks are? I've only seen it from one spectrum, so I'd like to hear about it from another.

Anyways, great character, and good luck with your next.

"On ne fait pas de musique contre quelqu'un"

ValkenarSun 25-Mar-07 02:16 PM
1203 posts
#56714, "Quests, writing and bard class experience"
In response to Reply #10

>When Tiatan was lying through his teeth to try to get your
>cooperation for the Demon Quest, how much did you suspect?

I suspected about 50% I'd say. It was pretty clear that we were both trying to use each other. I certainly didn't tell you anywhere close to everything I knew. Instead, my goal was to tell you enough that you either trusted me, or at least thought I trusted you. Ultimately it didn't really work out in my favor, but honestly if it weren't for Tiatan I would likely have been even further from success than I was. Most of the time there were no other Scions to help me, so it was me against at least a couple ragers, several fortress and maybe a couple imperials.

Scion is an awesome cabal, and I had a great time in it, but it's very tough to compete in world quests when you're one or two guys and a world quest means everyone (meaning 90% enemies) is congregating in one spot.

>I can't really find any criticism for this character except,

Except...?

> Your RP was
>excellent, though. I loved all the discussions we had, both
>with Aldran and Tiatan.

I liked those two guys too. Aldran was great fun to talk to.

>Your writing was superb, as well.

Thank you. To tell the truth, I've never considered myself much of writer, and I have little interest in poetry, especially mopey, depressing poetry, so that was hard for me. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

> What did you think of Bard combat, anyways? How
>balanced do you think it is?

Well, I was pleased. I went in knowing that I would be prepping minimally, gearing poorly and that just lagging people out and winning in melee is boring for me. Bards are great in that respect, because resistance means you have decent dam redux, and symphonic means you won't get permalagged if you can land it. What would you say some of its drawbacks are?

As for balance, I understand why some people think bards are overpowered. There were a few combos that were very easy to beat, and a few combos that I felt that I really could never hope to beat. And I was able to take down some tough people like Nuekar and Eulinda, on occasion. Given that I am personally very inexperienced in PK, and prepped thinly and rarely, that might point to bards being overpowered. But "powerful" is really more accurate than overpowered I think. The things people complain about, like tune, don't really make that much of a difference.

However, the flip side is that there were plenty of times I got completely run over. A warrior with greeting is basically death for a bard who isn't very lucky or well-prepped. One way to think of a bard is as a mage with no bash protection. Not entirely accurate, but it gives you a picture.

Anyone who prepped mental was nearly impossible for me to beat I found. Unless more people prepped than I thought, but it definitely seemed like some people I could affect at a "normal" sort of level and some people I needed 4-5 attempts at each song to affect, and damage songs did meager damage. Those people I could do very little against. There are also an awful lot of deafening/notalk affects these days. Dagger specs, paladins, APs, thug thiefs, assasins, certain rangers, and some I'm forgetting all have abilities that totally prevent singing.

Many people seem to think that echoes is automatic victory, but it really isn't. Many, many times someone with echoes on them would just beat the crap out of me anyway. Ask Eulinda how much it mattered... most of our fights I got echoes off in one or two tries, but ended up fleeing before getting anywhere near killing her. Any invoker can mess up a bard pretty easily as well.

Like most classes, a really well-played bard is a powerhouse. Aura, shield, stoneskin and resistance is a powerful combo, throw in a good instrument, maybe some progging gear and you have someone that is tough to kill and can quite possibly take out your whole group because they're area-oriented. But against a similarly prepped/skilled invoker, ap or necromancer, my money is not on the bard. Against most matchups I felt pretty well-balanced.

TiatanSun 25-Mar-07 03:23 PM
Member since 29th Oct 2006
118 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#56717, "RE: Quests, writing and bard class experience"
In response to Reply #12

The except was a typo; my brain's a little fuzzy in the morning (afternoon, evening, and night, as well). I'm too new in PK to be able to criticize that at all, and I certainly have no complaints or criticisms about your RP. Thanks for the insight on Bard PK; it really is appreciated. I'm glad you liked our interactions.

"On ne fait pas de musique contre quelqu'un"

AodhSun 25-Mar-07 10:50 AM
Member since 06th Jan 2005
352 posts
#56711, "Mende's favorite enemy"
In response to Reply #1

to steal dragon claws from! Hardy har har!

I must have been really annoying for you, just as you were for me. Did you have an iron jaw edge or something? I remember one fight doing three or four angelswings in a row, and not hitting it ::grumble::

However, what I prized even more were our interactions. I hope they were somewhat memorable for you, but I'll never forget after having Siladhiele send out my super-long note for the 'love' contest you sent me a tell saying 'I read your missive. I nearly made it through, but it made my eyes bleed.' I cackled out loud. You were just great, and I was always boggled at how slippery you were, and how long able to stay alive against our pack-o-Forties with such crap gear. You were a GREAT guerilla fighter: just wearing us down, going and healing, then letting the nightwalker re-engage us. Major kudos: with more time online, some sick gear, and a good instrument you would have been walloping us.

But it's the verbal sniping and sparring I'll miss. I always looked forward to needling you, and then being dumbfounded and cheering for you when you replied. Well-played. See ya in the fields.

ValkenarMon 26-Mar-07 10:07 AM
1203 posts
#56734, "Claws, Edges and Needling"
In response to Reply #11

>to steal dragon claws from! Hardy har har!

You bastard! Half the time I would just wield some other weapon so that wouldn't happen. The other weapon I carried was generally not that great, but it being nodrop meant that I wouldn't have to run and go get another one every time I fought you.

>I must have been really annoying for you, just as you were for
>me. Did you have an iron jaw edge or something? I remember one
>fight doing three or four angelswings in a row, and not
>hitting it ::grumble::

Hmm, not sure about the edge thing. I did have a bunch of them, and one was related to resisting stop-singing affects, so maybe. I think we fought after I picked them all, but I'm not sure. In general, I found most of the edges not too noticeable, except for one which I would call borderline overpowered. And probably not the one you'd expect/

>However, what I prized even more were our interactions.

Me too. One thing I like about fighting paladins, and you in particular, is that I could talk a little bit or throw in a social during combat without it taking the place of an actual combat command due to lagging moves. Our interactions were definitely great fun, and you were a great example of how most of the enemies I fought were really pretty forth-coming with the rp. Our actual fights were fun, but the rp is what I'll remember too.

> You were just great, and I was always
>boggled at how slippery you were, and how long able to stay
>alive against our pack-o-Forties with such crap gear.

That is pretty much the only thing I'm actually good at pk-wise.

DaelenSun 25-Mar-07 05:03 PM
Member since 02nd Nov 2006
51 posts
#56719, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Whole lotta fun there man.
One of my favorite enemies to "hate"
Best of luck with your next.

ValkenarMon 26-Mar-07 10:09 AM
1203 posts
#56735, "Fortress Antithesis"
In response to Reply #15

>Whole lotta fun there man.
>One of my favorite enemies to "hate"
>Best of luck with your next.
>

Having played Elrys (a Cardinal/Prophetess), I did intentionally make Edimus the antithesis of everything the Acolytes stand for. The polar opposite of hope and faith and all that.

IunnaSun 25-Mar-07 08:46 PM
473 posts
#56721, "I basically had zero interaction with this character bu..."
In response to Reply #1

I love knowing that you're still around and putting out high quality characters. Hanging with Zandrumial is still one of my/Iunna's favorite CF memories.

ValkenarMon 26-Mar-07 10:11 AM
1203 posts
#56736, "RE: I basically had zero interaction with this characte..."
In response to Reply #16

> Hanging with Zandrumial is still one of
>my/Iunna's favorite CF memories.

Me too. Someday I'll make an Iunna follower and hope that you can't tell who I am.

I'm not the most consistant CFer in the world though, I tend to play only a couple real characters per year, if that.

Marigue (Guest)Sun 25-Mar-07 10:24 PM

#56723, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

I remember the first time we met, I had called you over to the Fortress because I felt insulted by your short story about paladins, and wanted to talk it out. I remember saying something during our little chat, and I was kicking myself under the keyboard because that is the exact OPPOSITE of what I had meant to say.

Do you have that log? It would be pretty nifty to see it again. Feel free to post it on Dio's.

ValkenarMon 26-Mar-07 10:12 AM
1203 posts
#56737, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #17

>I remember the first time we met, I had called you over to
> ...
>Do you have that log?

Sure do. I found it and started editing it this morning, but had to leave for work. Tonight I'll finish up and then add it to this post.

ValkenarMon 26-Mar-07 08:10 PM
1203 posts
#56755, "RP Log: Marigue, Fortress Ranger"
In response to Reply #23

Dioxide's Log Formatter

Marigue tells you 'A moment of your time, please.'

707/901 500/743 733/733 civilized indoor 2 PM 24900 You tell Marigue 'Oh?'

707/901 500/743 733/733 civilized indoor 2 PM 24900 whois mar
<51 Arial Ran> (PK) Marigue the Dweller of the Wilds

707/901 500/743 733/733 civilized indoor 2 PM 24900 where
People near you:
(PK) Edimus The Bar of the Eternal Star

707/901 500/743 733/733 civilized indoor 2 PM 24900
Marigue tells you 'Aye.'

707/901 500/743 733/733 civilized indoor 2 PM 24900 tell marig What do you want my time for?
You tell Marigue 'What do you want my time for?'

707/901 500/743 733/733 civilized indoor 2 PM 24900 tell marig It's never been much use to me.
You tell Marigue 'It's never been much use to me.'

741/901 529/743 733/733 civilized indoor 3 PM 24900
Marigue tells you 'To discuss your short story. Titled "A True Story".'

741/901 499/743 733/733 civilized indoor 3 PM 24900 tell marig Ah, yes, very well.
You tell Marigue 'Ah, yes, very well.'

741/901 499/743 733/733 civilized indoor 3 PM 24900 tell marig I'm in the inn.
You tell Marigue 'I'm in the inn.'

764/901 528/743 733/733 civilized indoor 4 PM 24900 tell marig Or we can speak from afar.
You tell Marigue 'Or we can speak from afar.'

764/901 528/743 733/733 civilized indoor 4 PM 24900 tell marig Or I can come and be ambushed in the woods.
You tell Marigue 'Or I can come and be ambushed in the woods.'

764/901 528/743 733/733 civilized indoor 4 PM 24900 inv
You are carrying:
(Glowing) a feather of water walking
an alicorn dagger
a black dragon's tooth
( 2) an aura staff
a double-headed spiked hammer
(Glowing) a huge tower shield
a metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt
(Glowing) a silver longsword named 'opus maledictorum'
some crimson steelroot
(Glowing) a shimmering blue potion
an enormous pack
(Humming) a set of bagpipes

764/901 528/743 733/733 civilized indoor 4 PM 24900
Marigue tells you 'I doubt you will be ambushed by me for any reason.'

783/901 569/743 733/733 civilized indoor 5 PM 24900
Marigue tells you 'Not while we speak.'

783/901 569/743 733/733 civilized indoor 5 PM 24900 tell marig Well, whatever. There's nothing worth doing, so I may as well do what you want.
You tell Marigue 'Well, whatever. There's nothing worth doing, so I may as well do what you want.'

825/901 602/743 733/733 civilized indoor 6 PM 24900
Marigue tells you 'Might you then come to the Redhorn Mountains?'

825/901 602/743 733/733 civilized indoor 6 PM 24900 tell marig Which are those? Between Udgaard and silverymoon or whatever the wood-elves are calling their city these days?
You tell Marigue 'Which are those? Between Udgaard and silverymoon or whatever the wood-elves are calling their city these days?'

848/901 644/743 733/733 civilized indoor 7 PM 24900
Marigue tells you 'Near the Fort.'

848/901 644/743 733/733 civilized indoor 7 PM 24900 tell marig Oh. That's a great place for me to be.
You tell Marigue 'Oh. That's a great place for me to be.'

**.Walking about halfway.**

848/901 644/743 718/733 civilized outdoor 7 PM 24900 reply Nevertheless I will come.
You tell Marigue 'Nevertheless I will come.'

867/901 662/743 733/733 civilized outdoor 8 PM 24900 e
East Sumner's Road

867/901 662/743 712/733 wilderness outdoor 8 PM 24900 eq
You are using:
<worn on finger> (Glowing) a golden ring with a spider-shaped ruby
<worn on finger> (Glowing) a banded ring
<worn around neck> a brass-studded collar
<worn around neck> a brass-studded collar
<worn on body> the chitinous shell of a rainbow runner
<worn on head> a midnight dragon skull
<worn on legs> double-bolted greaves
<worn on feet> a pair of fur lined boots
<worn on hands> a pair of black steel gauntlets
<worn on arms> some black leather sleeves
<worn about body> (Glowing) a shaman's robe
<worn about waist> a wide bronze belt
<worn around wrist> an aquamarine bracelet
<worn around wrist> a charred leather bracer
<wielded> (Glowing) a short sword named "Khazid'hea"
<held> an aura staff

867/901 662/743 712/733 wilderness outdoor 8 PM 24900 brandish

An aura of magic appears around you.

867/901 662/743 712/733 wilderness outdoor 8 PM 24900 n
rem staff
A Farm Yard

An ox stands here waiting to plow fields.

885/901 682/743 727/733 wilderness outdoor 9 PM 24900 You stop using an aura staff.

**.more walking.**

Southern End of the Lake

897/901 705/743 673/733 wilderness outdoor 10 PM 24900 where
People near you:
(PK) Edimus Southern End of the Lake
(PK) Marigue Near Redhorn Gate

897/901 705/743 673/733 wilderness outdoor 10 PM 24900
Marigue tells you 'Over here.'

897/901 705/743 652/733 wilderness outdoor 10 PM 24900 get flight pack

**.walking.**

You get a potion of flight from an enormous pack.

897/901 705/743 652/733 wilderness outdoor 10 PM 24900 quaff flight
You quaff a potion of flight.
Your feet rise off the ground.

Marigue yells 'On the other side of the ridge!'

897/901 705/743 636/733 wilderness outdoor 10 PM 24900 e
Near Redhorn Gate

Marigue is here.

897/901 705/743 628/733 wilderness outdoor 10 PM 24900 nod
You nod.

897/901 705/743 628/733 wilderness outdoor 10 PM 24900 l mar
Tall and stern, the arial before you moves with the grace
and elegance of his kin, though his movements are noticibly
more deliberate and patient than his avian bretheren. His
eyes are the colour of aged amber, their gleam hinting at
a sharp wit and a light heart. Beneath these two gleaming
orbs, rests a long and prominent black beak, glossy and
bright as if polished daily. This arial possesses a
distinctive brown-speckled white plumage, reminicent of a
bird of prey's. A hawk, or perhaps a falcon. His arms and
armor possess a slight greenish tinge to them, as if they
had been dyed to allow for greater ease in blending in with
the wilds. A thick, claw-scarred falconer's arm-brace is
strapped to his left forearm, currently unoccupied.
Peering closer at this avian, you notice:
Marigue, a male arial, is in perfect health.

Marigue is using:
<worn on finger> the Seantryn Royal Signet Ring
<worn on finger> a signet ring engraved with a phoenix
<worn around neck> (Glowing) a colorful cloak covered with patches
<worn around neck> (Humming) a long blue cloak embroidered with a black dragon
<worn on body> the hide of the Ancient Blue Dragon
<worn on head> an ancient Ranger Lord Stetson
<worn on legs> a set of polished mithril legplates
<worn on claws> a pair of ivory-taloned boots
<worn on hands> a pair of steel-trimmed gauntlets
<worn on arms> (Humming) the bracers of Archery
<worn on wings> white ribbons with a green streak down the middle
<worn about waist> a forest-green, woven belt
<worn around wrist> a braided silver bracer
<worn around wrist> the Bracelet of Charms
<wielded> (Glowing) a ranger's spear

897/901 705/743 628/733 wilderness outdoor 10 PM 24900 say Yes?
You say 'Yes?'

901/901 716/743 684/733 wilderness outdoor 11 PM 24900
Marigue looks at you.

Marigue pauses, a thoughtful look on his face.

901/901 716/743 684/733 wilderness outdoor 11 PM 24900 rest
You rest.

Someone says 'Your tale seemed to put Paladins in a rather unpleasant light.'

901/901 716/743 684/733 wilderness outdoor 11 PM 24900 say It did?
You say 'It did?'

Someone says 'It did.'

901/901 716/743 684/733 wilderness outdoor 11 PM 24900 emote feigns an appologetic look.
Edimus feigns an appologetic look.

Your eyes no longer pierce the shroud of invisibility.

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 12 AM 24900
Thinking hard, someone scratches its cheek.

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 12 AM 24900 say And?
You say 'And?'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 12 AM 24900 where
People near you:
(PK) Edimus Near Redhorn Gate

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 12 AM 24900 who pk
<47 Svirf Thi> (PK) Gringora the Secret, Dirty, Little
*51 Human Bar* (PK) Edimus Fraighn the Grand Master of Artistry
<51 Gnome Tra> (PK) Ghohma the High Sorceress of the Arcane
<51 Human Shf> (PK) Juvis the Grand Master of Changelings
<51 Arial Bar> (PK) Batamon the Grand Master of Artistry, Bloodpet
<51 Gnome Shf> (PK) Spenner Rynke the Grand Master of Changelings, Vindicator of the Blood Tribunal
<47 D-Elf War> (PK) Uthenathien the Champion of Warfare
<50 Gnome Shf> (PK) Nebbelrud the Grand Master of Shapeshifting
<46 D-Elf Hea> (PK) Kirslamix the Agent of the Divine, Bloodpet
<51 Svirf War> (PK) Eacer Stonechip the Divine Chef, High Herald of the Eternal Star
<51 Human Pal> (PK) Jeir Govanion the Paradigm of Judgement
<43 Gnome Inv> (PK) Macgrillan the Master of Lightning
<45 W-Elf Ran> (PK) Gargos the Warden of the Winds

Players found: 13

Someone says 'May I ask why you chose to do such?'

Autosaving.
You no longer resist blows.

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 1 AM 24900 say It suited me to do so.
You say 'It suited me to do so.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 1 AM 24900
Someone says 'A personal grievance or somesuch?'

901/901 713/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 1 AM 24900 say Well I find them to be the most ridiculous sorts of persons.
You say 'Well I find them to be the most ridiculous sorts of persons.'

901/901 713/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 1 AM 24900
Someone says 'Paladins? How so?'

901/901 713/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 1 AM 24900 say So I reflected that in some poor literature.
You say 'So I reflected that in some poor literature.'

901/901 713/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 1 AM 24900
Someone says 'Ah.'

901/901 713/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 1 AM 24900 emote sighs deeply.

The sky is getting cloudy.

901/901 740/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 2 AM 24900 Edimus sighs deeply.

901/901 740/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 2 AM 24900 say How so? Well, they are somewhat the embodiment of caring about things
You say 'How so? Well, they are somewhat the embodiment of caring about things'

901/901 740/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 2 AM 24900 say Which is just stupid.
You say 'Which is just stupid.'

901/901 740/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 2 AM 24900
Someone pauses, a thoughtful look on its face.

901/901 740/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 2 AM 24900
Someone says 'Philosophy, philosophy...'

901/901 740/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 2 AM 24900 esay 'in a high-pitched voice' Oh dear, we must crusade for righteousness!
You say in a high-pitched voice 'Oh dear, we must crusade for righteousness!'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 3 AM 24900
Someone frowns.

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 3 AM 24900 say It's no sillier than say, caringa bout the wilds, or magic.
You say 'It's no sillier than say, caringa bout the wilds, or magic.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 3 AM 24900 say Or any other such nonsense.
You say 'Or any other such nonsense.'

Someone raises an eyebrow.

It starts to rain.

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 4 AM 24900 say But paladins tend to be more dedicated and vocal about it.
You say 'But paladins tend to be more dedicated and vocal about it.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 4 AM 24900
Someone says 'A bit... Apathic?'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 4 AM 24900 say Me?
You say 'Me?'

Someone shrugs indifferently.

Someone says 'Just a tad.'

Someone says 'A smidgeon.'

Someone pinches two fingers together.

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 4 AM 24900 say Did you read the one about bravery and wisdom?

Lightning flashes in the sky.

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 5 AM 24900 You say 'Did you read the one about bravery and wisdom?'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 5 AM 24900 say Probably not.
You say 'Probably not.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 5 AM 24900

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 5 AM 24900 note list
< 0 > Lyeque: The Nightmare
< 1 > Batamon: Darkness
< 2 > Batamon: My Queen
< 3 > Eupila: Fortress of Smite.
< 4 > Eupila: The Cloak of Light
< 5 > Eupila: Ode to a Rager
< 6 > Bhoreahk: Next time
< 7 > Edimus Fraighn: A True Story (Part One)
< 8 > Edimus Fraighn: A True Story (Part Two)
< 9 > Meyrshal Gohaniellus: For our lost sister Merenwen S'fiya.
< 10 > Elrafian: Message from Merrwyn
< 11 > Elrafian: Merrwyns message, page 2
< 12 > Marbel: Address to the Magi
< 13 > Linerasas: Through Reason, truth will be found.
< 14 > Linerasas: an apology
< 15 > Asil: life
< 16 > Asil: flora
< 17 > Batamon: Magic
< 18 > Kotnem Mershin: Holy goodness

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 5 AM 24900 say It's much too late now.
You say 'It's much too late now.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 6 AM 24900
Someone says 'I believe I have, but it did not remain in my mind overly long.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 6 AM 24900 say Yes, well, like the reast it wasn't very good.
You say 'Yes, well, like the reast it wasn't very good.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 6 AM 24900 say What is it you want to know?
You say 'What is it you want to know?'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 7 AM 24900 say Or are we just waiting for Jeir to arrive?
You say 'Or are we just waiting for Jeir to arrive?'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 7 AM 24900
The moon changes and begins a new phase.

Someone says 'If I intended to kill you, I would let you know first.'

Someone says 'As I have already called you, you see.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 7 AM 24900 shrug
You shrug.

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 7 AM 24900 say If I didn't want to die I wouldn't have come.
You say 'If I didn't want to die I wouldn't have come.'

Someone says 'You care for nothing at all?'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 8 AM 24900 say But if you hadn't promised me life I wouldn't have either.
You say 'But if you hadn't promised me life I wouldn't have either.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 8 AM 24900
The rain ceases.

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 9 AM 24900 say The only thing I care about is getting outof this miserable excuse fo a life.
You say 'The only thing I care about is getting outof this miserable excuse fo a life.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 9 AM 24900 say Not that my life is less significant than another.
You say 'Not that my life is less significant than another.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 9 AM 24900
Someone says 'A matter of perspective.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 9 AM 24900 say But I'm too weak to end it myself, and too smart not to realize how pointless it all is.
You say 'But I'm too weak to end it myself, and too smart not to realize how pointless it all is.'

The magical aura fades away.
Your memories of the Chant of Resilience begin to fade.

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 10 AM 24900
Someone says 'This life of ours is what we make of it.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 10 AM 24900 say Yes, I would say I am a master of perspective.
You say 'Yes, I would say I am a master of perspective.'

You no longer resist blows.

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 11 AM 24900 say There's nothing to be made of it.
You say 'There's nothing to be made of it.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 11 AM 24900 say A castle of #### is still just ####.

Someone raises an eyebrow.

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 11 AM 24900 You say 'A castle of #### is still just ####.'

Someone says 'I doubt I can appeal to you the concept of making something that continues to influence things throughout the years...'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 12 PM 24900 say What would be the point?
You say 'What would be the point?'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 1 PM 24900

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 1 PM 24900 say That's the most ridiculous thing paladins do.
You say 'That's the most ridiculous thing paladins do.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 1 PM 24900 say Living for others.
You say 'Living for others.'

Someone says 'Fix failings?'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 1 PM 24900 say It doesn't make any sense.
You say 'It doesn't make any sense.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 1 PM 24900 say The only way to fix failings is with a noose.
You say 'The only way to fix failings is with a noose.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 1 PM 24900 say Or a dropper of cyanide.
You say 'Or a dropper of cyanide.'

Someone says 'Cyanide?'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 2 PM 24900 say Perhaps a deep fall.
You say 'Perhaps a deep fall.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 2 PM 24900 say A sort of poison.
You say 'A sort of poison.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 2 PM 24900
Someone says 'Ah.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 2 PM 24900
You are hungry.

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 3 PM 24900
Someone says 'Life has meaning. You need only discover it.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 3 PM 24900 say And you say this because...
You say 'And you say this because...'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 3 PM 24900 emote stares expectantly.
Edimus stares expectantly.

Someone says 'Fixing failings?'

The clouds disappear.
You are hungry.

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 4 PM 24900 say What for
You say 'What for'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 4 PM 24900
Someone utters the words, 'abrazak'.

Someone says 'Why?'

Someone says 'A number of reasons.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 4 PM 24900 esay 'with artificial enthusiasm' Oh goody, let's hear.
You say with artificial enthusiasm 'Oh goody, let's hear.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 5 PM 24900

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 5 PM 24900 say I've been waiting all my life for someone to save my soul.
You say 'I've been waiting all my life for someone to save my soul.'

Someone points northward.

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 5 PM 24900 say Turn me around.
You say 'Turn me around.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 5 PM 24900 say Why, I think you're just the one to do it.
You say 'Why, I think you're just the one to do it.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 6 PM 24900 dr canteen
l
You drink water from a metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt.
Someone smirks.

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 6 PM 24900 say Yes, the fortress?
You say 'Yes, the fortress?'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 6 PM 24900 say So, a whole little society of n itwits is a reason to become a nitwit?
You say 'So, a whole little society of n itwits is a reason to become a nitwit?'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 6 PM 24900
Someone says 'Do you know what it stands for?'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 7 PM 24900 say I know what they try to do.
You say 'I know what they try to do.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 7 PM 24900

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 7 PM 24900 say I know what the Impeials do also, and it's just as absurd.
You say 'I know what the Impeials do also, and it's just as absurd.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 7 PM 24900
The sky is getting cloudy.
You are hungry.
You are starving!
Your hunger injures you.

888/901 730/743 720/733 wilderness outdoor 8 PM 24900
Someone says 'You believe that to possess a desire to accomplish something is absurd?'

888/901 730/743 720/733 wilderness outdoor 8 PM 24900 say Well, more or less.
You say 'Well, more or less.'

888/901 730/743 720/733 wilderness outdoor 8 PM 24900
Someone boggles at the concept.

888/901 730/743 720/733 wilderness outdoor 8 PM 24900 say To have a desire for anything that you delude yourself into believing is important, yes.
You say 'To have a desire for anything that you delude yourself into believing is important, yes.'

875/901 717/743 707/733 wilderness outdoor 9 PM 24900 say I mean, I have a desire for food.
You say 'I mean, I have a desire for food.'

875/901 717/743 707/733 wilderness outdoor 9 PM 24900
Someone holds up one finger.

875/901 717/743 707/733 wilderness outdoor 9 PM 24900 say But I don't think it's something important.
You say 'But I don't think it's something important.'

875/901 717/743 707/733 wilderness outdoor 9 PM 24900 say There is nothing important.
You say 'There is nothing important.'

You are hungry.
You are starving!
Your hunger injures you.

862/901 704/743 694/733 wilderness outdoor 10 PM 24900
Someone says 'So you've told me.'

Someone says 'Why do you believe such?'

Someone says 'A matter of conditioning?'

862/901 704/743 694/733 wilderness outdoor 10 PM 24900 emote stares blankly for a moment before speaking.
Edimus stares blankly for a moment before speaking.

862/901 704/743 694/733 wilderness outdoor 10 PM 24900 say It's just obvious.
You say 'It's just obvious.'

849/901 691/743 681/733 wilderness outdoor 11 PM 24900 say We're born, we live for a while, then we die.
You say 'We're born, we live for a while, then we die.'

849/901 691/743 681/733 wilderness outdoor 11 PM 24900
Someone says 'I'm afraid I do not see it.'

849/901 691/743 681/733 wilderness outdoor 11 PM 24900 say That is all there is.
You say 'That is all there is.'

Someone says 'Some live longer than others.'

Someone points straight up.

849/901 691/743 681/733 wilderness outdoor 11 PM 24900 say Whether I leave children, or gave some beggar a gold coin doesn't make any difference.
You say 'Whether I leave children, or gave some beggar a gold coin doesn't make any difference.'

836/901 678/743 668/733 wilderness outdoor 12 AM 24900 say Yes, some do.
You say 'Yes, some do.'

836/901 678/743 668/733 wilderness outdoor 12 AM 24900
Someone says 'It doesn't?'

836/901 678/743 668/733 wilderness outdoor 12 AM 24900 say But I haven't the wit to become a lich or a god.
You say 'But I haven't the wit to become a lich or a god.'

836/901 678/743 668/733 wilderness outdoor 12 AM 24900 say No, it doesn't. Because their life is just as meaningless as yours.
You say 'No, it doesn't. Because their life is just as meaningless as yours.'

836/901 678/743 668/733 wilderness outdoor 12 AM 24900 say Two things dependant on each other doesn't create meaning.
You say 'Two things dependant on each other doesn't create meaning.'

Someone says 'You certainly have the wit to write acid reports about paladins.'

Someone smirks.

823/901 665/743 655/733 wilderness outdoor 1 AM 24900 say Just barely.
You say 'Just barely.'

823/901 665/743 655/733 wilderness outdoor 1 AM 24900

823/901 665/743 655/733 wilderness outdoor 1 AM 24900 say If I live for you, and you live for me, doesn't that mean we're both living for nothing?
You say 'If I live for you, and you live for me, doesn't that mean we're both living for nothing?'

810/901 652/743 642/733 wilderness outdoor 2 AM 24900 get stew pack
You get a serving of stew from an enormous pack.

810/901 652/743 642/733 wilderness outdoor 2 AM 24900 eat stew
You finish eating a serving of stew.
You still feel slightly hungry.

810/901 652/743 642/733 wilderness outdoor 2 AM 24900
Someone says 'No. It does not.'

Someone says 'Because life is not devoid of sensation.'

810/901 652/743 642/733 wilderness outdoor 2 AM 24900 say So we should live for pleasure?
You say 'So we should live for pleasure?'

Someone says 'It is not constant and unchanging.'

846/901 681/743 709/733 wilderness outdoor 3 AM 24900 say Pleasure is an illusion.
You say 'Pleasure is an illusion.'

846/901 681/743 709/733 wilderness outdoor 3 AM 24900 say I've never had any, and I don't really believe you have either.
You say 'I've never had any, and I don't really believe you have either.'
Someone says 'You are an illusion.'

846/901 681/743 709/733 wilderness outdoor 3 AM 24900
Someone smirks.

846/901 681/743 709/733 wilderness outdoor 3 AM 24900
Someone says 'A joke.'

846/901 681/743 709/733 wilderness outdoor 3 AM 24900 say Fine, I'm an illusion.
You say 'Fine, I'm an illusion.'

846/901 681/743 709/733 wilderness outdoor 3 AM 24900 say I know many illusions.
You say 'I know many illusions.'

882/901 695/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 4 AM 24900 say I won't sing of them to you now.
You say 'I won't sing of them to you now.'

882/901 695/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 4 AM 24900
Someone says 'Just because you say things are a certain way, does not mean they are as you said them.'

882/901 695/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 4 AM 24900 say That wouldn't be fair and just and righteous.
You say 'That wouldn't be fair and just and righteous.'

882/901 695/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 4 AM 24900 say How profound.
You say 'How profound.'

901/901 741/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 5 AM 24900 say It's almost as if nobody's opinions matter.
You say 'It's almost as if nobody's opinions matter.'

901/901 741/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 5 AM 24900 say You know, I think perhaps I can agree.
You say 'You know, I think perhaps I can agree.'

901/901 741/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 5 AM 24900
Someone says 'A world based on perception?'

901/901 741/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 5 AM 24900
Someone says 'A few problems with that.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 6 AM 24900 say You saying that life has meaning is like me saying that drow are sweet and caring.
You say 'You saying that life has meaning is like me saying that drow are sweet and caring.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 6 AM 24900 say And yes, it is also like me saying life has no meaning.
You say 'And yes, it is also like me saying life has no meaning.'

The clouds disappear.

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 7 AM 24900 say But you wanted to know why I wrote what I did.
You say 'But you wanted to know why I wrote what I did.'

Someone says 'Some are, actually.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 7 AM 24900 roll
You roll your eyes in disgust.

Someone says 'A drowish necromancer turned to the Light, comes to mind.'

**.Haha, is he talking about my previous character Sythvaur, a half-drow necro that got redeemd to good align?.**

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 8 AM 24900 say I doubt that.
You say 'I doubt that.'

Someone says 'It happened long ago, actually.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 8 AM 24900 say A gnomish alchemist stronger than a fire giant comes to mind as well.
You say 'A gnomish alchemist stronger than a fire giant comes to mind as well.'

Someone says 'She is yet still remembered.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 8 AM 24900 say I think you mean the elf that became a necromancer.
You say 'I think you mean the elf that became a necromancer.'

Someone says 'An Elf once took the Bloodoath.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 9 AM 24900 shrug
You shrug.

Someone says 'Things are constantly changing.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 9 AM 24900 say I'm not much of a historian.
You say 'I'm not much of a historian.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 10 AM 24900 say So fine, strange things happen.
You say 'So fine, strange things happen.'

Someone says 'It happened within recent centuries.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 10 AM 24900 say Your point?
You say 'Your point?'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 11 AM 24900
Someone says 'There is purpose and meaning to everything.'

Someone says 'Each action possesses a reaction.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 11 AM 24900 say And why should I believe that?
You say 'And why should I believe that?'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 11 AM 24900 say You don't wish to takemy word for it on the nature of life.
You say 'You don't wish to takemy word for it on the nature of life.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 11 AM 24900 say Why should I take yours?
You say 'Why should I take yours?'

Someone says 'If I throw a rock into a pond, there will be ripples.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 11 AM 24900 say Not if you throw it very softly.
You say 'Not if you throw it very softly.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 12 PM 24900
Someone smirks.

Someone says 'Impossible.'

Someone says 'To my knowledge, at least.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 12 PM 24900 say Oh, and now you're saying what can and can't happen?
You say 'Oh, and now you're saying what can and can't happen?'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 12 PM 24900 say Whatever happened to things are constantly changing?
You say 'Whatever happened to things are constantly changing?'

Someone says 'There may very well have been a rock that fell into a pond softly.'

901/901 713/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 1 PM 24900

901/901 713/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 1 PM 24900
Someone says 'It is the same way with actions.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 2 PM 24900 say You're convinced of what you are. I say it's because you're too much of a coward to admit just how dreadfully awful life is, even to yourself.

You say 'You're convinced of what you are. I say it's because you're too much of a coward to admit just how dreadfully awful life is, even to yourself.'

Someone says 'If you were to strike a man down, his brother might come to you for revenge.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 3 PM 24900 say So you make up a story about how everthing is a neat little package with destiny and purpose.
You say 'So you make up a story about how everthing is a neat little package with destiny and purpose.'

You are thirsty.

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 4 PM 24900 dr canteen
It is already empty.

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 4 PM 24900 say Yes, he might do that.
You say 'Yes, he might do that.'

Someone says 'They are my beliefs.'

Someone says 'I act upon them.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 4 PM 24900 say In fact, that would be a good reason for me to strike a man down.
You say 'In fact, that would be a good reason for me to strike a man down.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 4 PM 24900 say With any luck, his brother would be more dangerous.
You say 'With any luck, his brother would be more dangerous.'

**. screwing with inventory, looking for food .**

Someone says 'You wish only to be ended then?'

Someone says 'You are resolute?'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 5 PM 24900 say Of course.
You say 'Of course.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 5 PM 24900 say But I'm also a coward.
You say 'But I'm also a coward.'

901/901 743/743 733/733 wilderness outdoor 5 PM 24900 say Never forget that.
You say 'Never forget that.'
Someone says 'And you are unchanging?'
The clouds disappear.
You are hungry.
You are thirsty.
You are dying of thirst!
Your thirst grazes you.

894/901 730/743 720/733 wilderness outdoor 6 PM 24900 say As I said in the missive you forgot, no living man is both wise and brave.
You say 'As I said in the missive you forgot, no living man is both wise and brave.'

894/901 730/743 720/733 wilderness outdoor 6 PM 24900 say Unfortunately, I am wise.
You say 'Unfortunately, I am wise.'

894/901 730/743 720/733 wilderness outdoor 6 PM 24900
Someone says 'Ah. That one.'

894/901 730/743 720/733 wilderness outdoor 6 PM 24900 say I'm not unchanging.
You say 'I'm not unchanging.'

887/901 717/743 707/733 wilderness outdoor 7 PM 24900 say For example, now I'm thirsty.
You say 'For example, now I'm thirsty.'

887/901 717/743 707/733 wilderness outdoor 7 PM 24900 say I wasn't thirsty before.
You say 'I wasn't thirsty before.'

887/901 717/743 707/733 wilderness outdoor 7 PM 24900 say I also am angrier than I once was.
You say 'I also am angrier than I once was.'

887/901 717/743 707/733 wilderness outdoor 7 PM 24900 shrug
You shrug.

887/901 717/743 707/733 wilderness outdoor 7 PM 24900
Someone blinks a few times.

887/901 717/743 707/733 wilderness outdoor 7 PM 24900 say Not angrier at you, now.

Someone says 'I had said that I would warn you before I engaged you. This is your warning'

887/901 717/743 707/733 wilderness outdoor 7 PM 24900 You say 'Not angrier at you, now.'

887/901 717/743 707/733 wilderness outdoor 7 PM 24900 say Just generally.
You say 'Just generally.'

887/901 717/743 707/733 wilderness outdoor 7 PM 24900 w
Better stand first.

887/901 717/743 707/733 wilderness outdoor 7 PM 24900 st
You stand up.

887/901 717/743 707/733 wilderness outdoor 7 PM 24900
Marigue steps out from his cover.
Marigue's surprise attack === OBLITERATES === you!
That really did HURT!
You yell 'Help! I've been ambushed by Marigue!'
Marigue is in perfect health.

655/901 717/743 707/733 wilderness outdoor 7 PM 24900 nod
You nod.
Marigue is in perfect health.

655/901 717/743 707/733 wilderness outdoor 7 PM 24900 flee
Redhorn Gate

A small, furry beast watches you from the safety of a snow drift.
A small, furry beast watches you from the safety of a snow drift.
A small, furry beast digs at the snow with its sharp claws.
You flee from combat!

**. And I run away, preparing to come back to fight, but I end up fighting with Trurkrag, a fire-giant berserker instead.**

Seonex (Guest)Mon 26-Mar-07 09:55 AM

#56732, "Yay for arial bash spam"
In response to Reply #1

No, I'm not fighting a bard underwater, thats like asking to be raped =P

More than half my important skills are disabled and all of your major skills work.

ValkenarMon 26-Mar-07 10:15 AM
1203 posts
#56738, "RE: Yay for arial bash spam"
In response to Reply #18

>No, I'm not fighting a bard underwater, thats like asking to
>be raped =P

Haha. I half expected to get a fish-based title given how much time I spent in the lake outside the fortress. You were a great enemy, and fighting you underwater was my best way of evening things up. I got you swim down once to fight me when I ran away wounded, but I still don't think I got you. Did we ever kill each other solo? I don't remember. You probably got me a time or two, but I don't think I killed you.

Seonex (Guest)Mon 26-Mar-07 10:15 AM

#56739, "Curses, accidentally posted it before I was done"
In response to Reply #18

I enjoyed our fights, and I'm sorry I couldn't have interacted with you more, you seemed very interesting, but my role left me very limited in the way I talked to my enemies. Fanatical Zealots really didn't have much to say to evil scion bards. =(

Anyways, good luck with your next character. Hopefully I'll see you on the fields.

Kanaev (Guest)Tue 27-Mar-07 02:59 PM

#56767, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

You was awesome, and will be missed. A pity you burned away that fast. I recall what you said to me when became the Advisor, you was totally wrong about it. You was the best advisor i could wish, pity, we could not cross more often in our travels.

TwistTue 27-Mar-07 04:59 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#56769, "Honestly not being a jerk..."
In response to Reply #27

This is 100% an attempt to be helpful, no sarcasm involved, but I think it'll help you for this char and future ones.

Regarding "was" vs. "were"

"Was" should be used when speaking of a third party (not the one you are addressing). For instance:

You, speaking to Edimus, should say:

"You WERE awesome, and will be missed."

If you were instead refering to Edimus in the third person, it could read like this:

"Edimus WAS awesome, and will be missed."

I hope that helps you out!

Jegecc (Guest)Tue 27-Mar-07 09:16 PM

#56779, "Quit playing Andy Rooney to his Ali G n/t"
In response to Reply #28

Respect.

Kanaev (Guest)Tue 27-Mar-07 09:21 PM

#56780, "RE: Honestly not being a jerk..."
In response to Reply #28

I actually know the rule, but at times its really hard to use it...

IsildurTue 27-Mar-07 10:51 PM
5969 posts
#56783, "RE: Honestly not being a jerk..."
In response to Reply #30

"Was" is also frequently substituted (incorrectly) for "were" in the subjunctive.

"I wish I were better at PK"

is correct, but most people tend to say

"I wish I was better at PK"

instead. Use the former and be a true grammar stud.

vhloughVang (Guest)Wed 28-Mar-07 12:10 AM

#56785, "dont take this the wrong way."
In response to Reply #1

I am glad your gone

you played a mean bard and you were talented.
not much more can be said... Well done.
good luck and hope to see you in the future in CF.

Sensel (Guest)Wed 28-Mar-07 12:09 PM

#56805, "One of the best!"
In response to Reply #1

Very original character. You had me laughing out loud a couple times. Wish we could have seen eachother more!

A++

ValkenarWed 28-Mar-07 08:48 PM
1203 posts
#56826, "Notes to all"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Wed 28-Mar-07 08:49 PM

I think this is all of them

If anyone wants to suggest a few to be lyceum'd, I'll touch them up. I'll do as many as people think are worthwhile.

Attachment #1, (txt file)

Verakh (Guest)Wed 28-Mar-07 09:48 PM

#56828, "RE: Notes to all"
In response to Reply #34

My God those are good, wow. You should really look into maybe submitting some of them to the poetry books and such.

Lightmaged (Guest)Thu 29-Mar-07 08:43 AM

#56840, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

I really liked this char. Was playing Malic at the time. Our damn play times just never lined up. I was dying to go sleep but forced myself to stay awake just so we might interact a bit.

I got a good laugh from your poems about losing your manhood. Wish we could have traveled and fought more.

Take care.

KastellynThu 29-Mar-07 11:09 AM
864 posts
#56845, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Great character, some of the most interesting RP I'd seen in a long while. Loved the role, loved the works you published. Guys like you really make me try to kick my own RP up a notch or two, and expand my roles outside of the norm. Thanks!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #56679 Previous topic | Next topic