Subject: "(DEL) Igsoeh the Menkyo" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #5482
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 30-Mar-02 10:38 AM
Member since 06th Jun 2024
16909 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5482, "(DEL) Igsoeh the Menkyo"

Sat Mar 30 10:37:16 2002

3 o''clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Winter Wolf on the Theran calendar Igsoeh perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:45
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:240
PK Ratio:28% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Until the next then..., Rhowyn (Guest), 31-Mar-02 11:37 AM, #9
Reply Description, Igsoeh, 31-Mar-02 09:49 AM, #8
Reply Well, that was fun., Igsoeh, 30-Mar-02 11:34 AM, #1
     Reply Village Traitors, HammerSong, 30-Mar-02 12:05 PM, #2
     Reply bah, drengal (Guest), 30-Mar-02 12:22 PM, #3
     Reply It was nice..., chuckle (Guest), 30-Mar-02 01:02 PM, #4
     Reply Yeah well.., Siacla (Guest), 30-Mar-02 03:50 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Well, that was fun., Delenir (Guest), 30-Mar-02 04:32 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Well, that was fun., Taephis (Guest), 30-Mar-02 05:50 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Well, that was fun., Thallius (Guest), 31-Mar-02 01:39 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Well, that was fun., Puzrog (Guest), 01-Apr-02 09:55 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Well, that was fun., Enbuergo, 01-Apr-02 12:30 PM, #12
     Reply Aereial, the village hopefull, Aereial (Guest), 03-Apr-02 12:51 PM, #13
          Reply RE: Aereial, the village hopefull, Igsoeh, 04-Apr-02 12:15 AM, #14

Rhowyn (Guest)Sun 31-Mar-02 11:37 AM

#5483, "Until the next then..."
In response to Reply #0

You seemed really interesting, I wish I had known that when you were alive. I would have made more of an effort to see what you were all about.

Well done and enjoy the next,
Rhowyn

IgsoehSun 31-Mar-02 09:49 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
201 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5484, "Description"
In response to Reply #0

An arial is here before you, you would guess him a few inches over six feet, slightly taller than most arials you have seen. The feathers that cover his head are a deep, blue-black color, and give way to a sharp, black beak. His eyes are seeds of green against his black face. A rather thick torso for one of his kind can be seen below his avian head. It is covered in tribal tattoos, the same blue-black color as his feathers. Massive wings sprout from his back, also a deep blue-black. Large, strong legs, covered in the same plumage as the rest of his body sprout into rather long, jagged talons of pure black. A necklace can be seen around his neck, a lightning bolt of black dangling from its center.

IgsoehSat 30-Mar-02 11:34 AM
201 posts
#5485, "Well, that was fun."
In response to Reply #0

Amongst other things, I'm about to transfer duty stations, and may not have my computer for like a month, so I decided to call this one quits. Besides the fact that I suck when it comes to PKing, this character was rather enjoyable. Lots of things to remember, so if I leave you out, its only because its tough to remember so much. After seeing a rash of Scion deletes before I created this character, and everyone saying how powerful the Village was and the Light was kicking ass, I decided to roll an underdog, I love underdogs. Well, I was just going to be a typical soldier at first, then I started talking to a lot of Villagers, or hopefuls anyhow. We traveled together quite a bit, talked a bunch, and I decided I had earned enough of their trust to infiltrate the Village, so I brought it up to a few of the elder Scions, they all approved. Finally, Tilaen took over the project and we kept it on the D-L after that. So, I went, betrayed a whole bunch of Villagers and came back. Igsoeh was very impressed by the courage of some of the Villagers, ecspecially Konnal when we were younger. It carried over into the rest of his life as "Captain" of the Dark Guard. I don't think I summoned ten nightwalkers in my entire existence. Most of those were for raids only anyways. Igsoeh then lost some of his respect for the Village when he would talk to Tilaen and hear stories of fleeing Villagers, that was before I understood the power of invokers, but it still made an impression upon a very impressionable character. I still like just about all the Villagers, except Thallius, but I'm not gonna flame. Man this goodbye is a clusterf*ck. I got way too much credit for the whole Village downfall thing though, Igsoeh played it off like he was the whole reason, but he wasn't, I'm sure alot of people new that. After I got back into the Chasm and Tilaen deleted, which pissed me off, I latched onto Dullameh and tried to get the Taskmaster spot, I'm not sure what it was, maybe my lack of effort, but I got no Immortal response to that, oh well. I would like to know what the Batlle imms and the Scion imms thought of me. Thror, that time in the Inn, and that time at the Village were great, I'm going to post them on Dio's when I get everything organized. Once I got to the hero ranks it was painfully obvious that I was new to the hero ranks, oh well, its all a learning experience I guess. I never assassinated anyone, ever, man I'm pathetic.
I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff, but just ask questions if you want to know, and I'll answer them.

Imms:
Valg-That little interview before I left the Chasm was cool, I'd like to know what you thought of the rest of my life, if you watched at all, and why I didn't get any response to the Taskmaster thing, I'm guessing my lack of active pursuit, but who knows.
Thror-No character I have ever had has liked you, ever. Not sure why. Like I said before, the Inn and the Village, two of the best times I've had playing this game. The very best was when you asked me to lead the Village though, I almost had a heart-attack, I know you slipped up, but it was still hilarious.
Arvam-Igsoeh just liked you because you were arial, but I've interacted with you with just about every character I've had, you are a great Imm, I might try your new religion, we'll see I guess.

Scions:
Tilaen-Igsoeh had a special affinity for you, because you were arial, and you were a straight menace to the Chasm's enemies. I realy wish you hadn't deleted, I think I'd have done much better with you around.
Dullameh-Liked you alot, and kind of latched onto you after Tilaen left, I really wish I'd have been better at PKing because I think I could have made Taskmaster. Oh well, you kick ass from what I can see, the Chasm will do well with you in the lead.
Iillien-We didn't interact too much ever, I don't think our times overlapped well. I was there the second time you age died, but you guys kicked me out of the room before I could hear the good stuff.
Drengal-Igsoeh hated you, from the time he met you, nothing personal though.
Yasraena-Igsoeh kind of used you, and would have discarded you at the first opportunity he got, but thanks for helping me rank on Kiadana. Again, nothing personal.
Marcalius-Igsoeh always liked you, from the time we were young.

So many more, Marhalt, Taelen, Dahlisyn, Krivohan, Rhowyn, many many more, I like most of the Scions, but didn't like some of them because of their "cowardly" actions, at least in the eyes of Igsoeh. Eleke in particular, though you were a good player from what I remember.

Village:
Konnal-Cousin. As I referred to just about every arial in Thera. I really liked Konnal, but kind of used him, we had some good times together. We were excellent specimens of a superior species, I always thought it was cool that your feathers were white and mine were black, I was going to destroy the Tower, and you the Chasm, but then I betrayed you. *wink*
Penz-I liked you too, first off because you were arial, and second because Igsoeh had you going the whole time, I never really saw you fight, you were a good character as far as I could tell.
Omodonore-Another arial, and the only Villager after the betrayal and Penz and Konnal deleting, besides Dragendor that I respected. Good job.
Dragendor-You always kicked my ass, god damned hammers.
Tobeldest-I liked you because you would sit down and talk, you should show up more.
Thallius-Don't like you, don't think you are all that impressive, but, you always kicked my ass or got away when I was winning. I think I died to you a few times, most of the time one of us would get away, might have gotten you once or twice.

It looks like there are a bunch of new Villagers up and coming, they may be out of the woods now, but we'll see. No offense Yulithe, and I know you got put in a tough position, but you weren't much of a Commander.

Everyone else:

Zandrumial-Great to see you Imm, I love your character, I roleplayed better with you than anyone else in the game I think, good roleplay breeds good roleplay, very true statement.
Brindelbik-I always thought you were a Nexan, when I found out you weren't and were an ally to the Chasm, I was extremely happy, I hate fighting invokers. They are garaunteed death to arials, at least to me.
Targaryen-You smoked the ##### out of me, alot.
Tyllinn-We both tried, and we both failed, I liked your character, we had some good talks. I hate all other Marans, for the record.
Siacla-Without Targaryen, you were meat, with, I was garaunteed dead. Garaunteed.
Iunna-I've always liked Heralds, and you inparticular, you've been around forever, you remember Malikor?
Gegreigar-We were uneasy allies as I like to think of it.
Enbuergo-You are good, we had good fights when we were young, then decided it was mutually beneficial to be allies.
Hadramir, Delenir, Puzrog, Taranac, and Xenoroyal-We were all young assassins together, I liked all of you, and we all ended up going separate ways more or less, I thought of us as kind of a group who went through the Academy together, like we all graduated form the same class or something.
Taelen-You came up behind us, then surpassed us, good character.
Sphinf-Good fights, no one ever claimed that bounty on me.
Dugurain-I liked you but hated you at the same time, the hate was because you were a priest of Thror's. Playing heroes at the Inn was great fun.
Vornacius-I liked your character, and thought of the two of us at an uneasy cease-fire after I betrayed the Village, not quite sure what you thought of me.
Shilite-You were meat until you realized the power of lightning, then I wasn't quite so tough. I was seriously pissed when you one-timed me at the Inn.
Nexan Invokers-Smoked me a lot.

I'm thinking svirf-hammer spec villager, ranger maran, or arial assassin villager, input would be nice.
I'm garaunteed forgetting people and things, tell me and I'll reply.

HammerSongSat 30-Mar-02 12:05 PM
679 posts
#5496, "Village Traitors"
In response to Reply #1

>Thror-No character I have ever had has liked you, ever. Not
>sure why. Like I said before, the Inn and the Village, two
>of the best times I've had playing this game. The very best
>was when you asked me to lead the Village though, I almost
>had a heart-attack, I know you slipped up, but it was still
>hilarious.

Thror is a grumpy old bastard. That's probably why Anyhow, I
figured I would comment on Igsoeh, since he did manage to get my
attention. Initially, I thought Igsoeh was a character that was
created to join the village. I seem to recall you trying to join
the village way back when. I'm not sure if your intention from the
beginning was to betray the village or not, but I looked for this
in your role (which you didn't have). Not having that role made it
very difficult for me to decide whether I should give up my time to
talk to you about entering the village. Ultimately, Gods are
supposed to know everything: Thror knew your intentions were to
betray the village. I wasn't going to be duped into letting you in
the village to have you turn around and betray it. However, I was
more than willing to let any mortal leaders see the dedication you
were portraying and induct you themselves. Thus the reasons I did
not spend my time talking to you about entering the village.

Igsoeh was an arrogant arial. My assumption was that you meant him
to be this way. You would constantly talk down to Thror in public
and I had to really refrain myself from killing you. Instead, I
would smash my hammers into you and send you across Thera (I was
tempted to smack you into Tiamat) or plague/cranial you. For future
reference, I wouldn't do this to other immortals as some of the more
evil ones tend to just kill you or make your life miserable.

In the end, I started to like Igsoeh. He had guts, stuck to his role
and really shaped people with his actions/words (perfect Thror
follower!). It took guts to do what you did.

My only constructive criticisms:

1: Use role, it's your friend.
2: Wary of the ways you gain immortal attention.
3: Never marry cousins of Floofi, horrid offspring will result

Great job and Good luck with the next.

drengal (Guest)Sat 30-Mar-02 12:22 PM

#5495, "bah"
In response to Reply #1

Really getting tired of all these scions jumping ship when the odds arent to their liking. I thought i was going to get booted from scion because of you assassin. I really did not like you. You thought you were tough, when in reality you wernt at all. I would have "smoked" your assassin given the chance. But as thror stated, you were arrogant (must have got that from tilaen). Was sad to see you go though, just means that many more people i got to get my ass handed to by. Good luck with your next.

White Stripe

chuckle (Guest)Sat 30-Mar-02 01:02 PM

#5494, "It was nice..."
In response to Reply #1

To see someone carrying on the ##### reason for assassination attempts that I came up with. I am not claiming to be the first ever to just say "Someone paid me to do it"...but I was successful in turning some caballed people against their friends for it.

I did it because I was bored, and why not just stalk.

When I heard the "Someone paid me to do it" from you when you failed an assassination on my char I was half angry ("That's MY line!") and half glad that someone was still doing it.

in a wierd way, I am a bit sad that the bounty system is coded now, it takes away opportunities for roles like that.

Siacla (Guest)Sat 30-Mar-02 03:50 PM

#5493, "Yeah well.."
In response to Reply #1

I think we might have fought fair a few times, and I do believe I beat you more than once. I've a log of a fair fight with you if you wish to see it.

Anyhow, you usually fought fair(ish), moreso than I used to. It made me feel bad alot of times. I never did talk to you much though. You were always hidden.

Good luck on the next one.

Delenir (Guest)Sat 30-Mar-02 04:32 PM

#5492, "RE: Well, that was fun."
In response to Reply #1

I salute you! You were a great roleplayer with the whole village-scion thing. It's a shame that nexus was at war with both at the time, or else we could have interacted more. Del really hated it when he killed you in the rift but he didn't tell anyone that he had been friends with you at a young age.

If I were you, I'd go with the maran ranger. Rangers have some pretty good skills and spells. Also, you can take out assassins and thieves with the ability to use axes and maran just seems like a good cabal. Stay away from cities as much as you can if you pick the ranger... believe be, it's hard to get camo and creep back after spending a long time in a city.

Good luck with the next and see ya in the fields.

-Delenir Paralad Filmandir Boweshard

Taephis (Guest)Sat 30-Mar-02 05:50 PM

#5491, "RE: Well, that was fun."
In response to Reply #1

I liked Igsoeh, you played perfectly into Taephis' role as a young bard. I enjoyed your frustrating arrogance and our few talks in the inn. I only wish I had more playing time so we could have interacted a little more.

Thallius (Guest)Sun 31-Mar-02 01:39 PM

#5490, "RE: Well, that was fun."
In response to Reply #1

Good to hear you hated me thats the way things should be... villagers should hate scions and scions should hate villagers their should be absolutly no middle ground. I remember that you were almost always stalking me, at any given time i knew you were in the realms i could go to the giant and sing fire and ice and about 50% of the time i would find you... For the record i slew you a grand total of 2 times, both by using when you don't see me and roundhousing after that. You never managed to slay me but for while before i learned the song when you don't see me, you sure made me retreat a lot, i would normally charge right back in after the tiger claw wore off and try to sing fire and ice till you die. Unless ya get a pair of laggers your not likely going to kill me unless ya hit a truly nasty back stab or assassinate... remember the satab is through stacked resist. I spend most of my time now dodging invoker groups, fighting off invokers and shifters and liches, and shifters, and invokers, and cnightgaunts... did i mention invokers yet?

well enough rambling as a char i hated igsoeh, as a player i loved his persistance and wish i could just tell him the secret to killing any bard with an assassin... no its not tiger claw although that might help. a small hint would be to use a dagger when trying to assassinate bards, if ya fail ya got a chance to cut their vocal cords so they cannot sing for an exceedingly long time.

ohh well good luck and hopefully will see ya in the fields!

Puzrog (Guest)Mon 01-Apr-02 09:55 AM

#5489, "RE: Well, that was fun."
In response to Reply #1

Yea somehow I relaxed around the same assassin, felt like I had grown up together with those characters, incuding yourself.

Still your character I was not all that relaxed around, I had a strange feeling, and though I should not show weakness, and give you a hand sometimes. I must admit I thought you was a village wannabe. And I kept wondering why you wasn't part of the village allready, you know each time I saw you (when we got higher) i kept typing where nightwalker to see if my assumtions where right

Well I really had no brawl with anyone but Penz really, ahh and some scion mages who mistaked me with someone else I think... I made a point to not stick my nose into anything, but to be an independant is really hard, since cabals tend to stamp you and hunt you, and mostly the ones who dont do any well against cabaled players.

Well good luck with your next, was nice the times we interacted.

EnbuergoMon 01-Apr-02 12:30 PM
150 posts
#5488, "RE: Well, that was fun."
In response to Reply #1

Wow...that's pretty funny. I had no idea you did any of this stuff with your character, as our interaction got less and less towards hero, finally tailing off with the odd "Have you seen X?" tell.

My first memory of Igsoeh is from when I was levelsitting/pk'ing everyone I could get my hands on at 30. I was going through assassins like a knife through butter with blackjack/bind/backstab/cheapshot/mace. I saw you and thought it was time for another easy kill. I further recall you NOT fleeing, and you and I going round after round trying to hit each other and not getting anywhere. I think I may have tried to go after you a couple more times before I realized "hey...this guy knows what he's doing. Maybe I should have him on my side..."

Good luck boyo.

Aereial (Guest)Wed 03-Apr-02 12:51 PM

#5486, "Aereial, the village hopefull"
In response to Reply #1

You seemed really cool, which is why I always tried to treat you with respect. I used to hate your char, and hed make me really mad ooc (lame? yeah) cus of the traitorism thing, i figured it would become a trend. Then I read a log of your distate for ale cus it was uncivilized and how ya liked wine, and somthing clicked, I dunno what or why. You offered me a position in the Dark Guard, i figure the best way to fight a villager was to make him a scion, eh? But I could never see invis afterwords to see you.

I figure you were pretty cool, sorry to see a high high profile char go.

IgsoehThu 04-Apr-02 12:15 AM
201 posts
#5487, "RE: Aereial, the village hopefull"
In response to Reply #13

You definetly weren't the only one of an enemy cabal I offered positions in the Chasm. I tried Tobeldest, Tylinn, Omodonore, I know there were many more, I did figure that the best way to fight the Chasm's enemies were to make them a part of the Chasm. For the record, was I actually getting to you, or were you attempting to betray me? You were one I couldn't make up my mind about, there were a few others who I was sure were trying to do the same thing to the Chasm that I did to the Village.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #5482 Previous topic | Next topic