Subject: "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Orau Angelbane the Burdened Spir..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #52154
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 06-Nov-06 07:00 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52154, "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Orau Angelbane the Burdened Spirit of the Ancient Sun, Originator of Unusual, Painful and Frequent Deaths"

Mon Nov 6 17:58:02 2006

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Orau perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:205

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Death Thread, Orau (Guest), 07-Nov-06 12:56 AM, #1
     Reply Hehe, Unnamed one (Guest), 07-Nov-06 01:45 AM, #2
     Reply and also, me again (Guest), 07-Nov-06 01:51 AM, #3
     Reply Thanks for the fun, Krynna (Guest), 07-Nov-06 06:23 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Thanks for the fun, Orau (Guest), 07-Nov-06 11:04 AM, #8
          Reply Impressive, Krynna (Guest), 07-Nov-06 12:21 PM, #12
     Reply Imperials, Draktel (Guest), 07-Nov-06 07:59 AM, #5
     Reply How could I forget..., Orau (Guest), 07-Nov-06 11:01 AM, #7
     Reply Ha! Had no idea you would stick it out to CON DEATH!, Jhesar (Guest), 07-Nov-06 10:07 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Ha! Had no idea you would stick it out to CON DEATH..., Orau (Guest), 07-Nov-06 11:14 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Death Thread, Innis, 07-Nov-06 11:50 AM, #10
     Reply Imperials, Zhaltum (Guest), 07-Nov-06 12:11 PM, #11
     Reply Yup, we Sunwardens were few in numbers., DurNominator, 07-Nov-06 03:45 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Yup, we Sunwardens were few in numbers., Orau (Guest), 08-Nov-06 12:45 AM, #15
     Reply RE: Death Thread, Azzy (Guest), 07-Nov-06 04:50 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Death Thread, Gotakanal (Guest), 08-Nov-06 05:21 AM, #16
     Reply Yeah I felt really REALLY bad about fighting you., Vladamir, 08-Nov-06 10:40 AM, #17

Orau (Guest)Tue 07-Nov-06 12:56 AM

#52171, "Death Thread"
In response to Reply #0

Hello.

I'm glad I made it, there were a few times where things would go so badly I didn't really want to play anymore, but here I am. I had no role, and even though I applied at 20, I didn't make it into Outtie until 51(I didn't powerrank either). Most of it I think was playing times, but it really didn't bother me much. Outlander is my favorite cabal(Past heroes include: Reossi, Kipli, Yisoras) and I tried to make things enjoyable for people, especially inductees. I remember one in particular with Samdafina that was a lot of fun, and I was surprised how well it turned out.

Immortals: Thanks for the title and lastname(even though I didn't have one chosen) it was very cool, though at first I thought I was getting the boot, I'm glad you let me stay. Overall, it seemed like I bored you guys, I tried not to, but if you have any suggestions I'll listen. Thanks Innis/Lyristeon for the induct, and Amaranthe for the title(I think).

Outlanders: All very cool all around. I never had any bad impressions of any of you regardless of how I acted IC. I remember only one other Lightwalker(Myrnessa) the entire time I was alive, minus the last couple days, and there are quite a few Nightreavers and I mixed it up with more than one of you.

Jhesar: You did a good job, I really didn't mind doing your induction interviews for you , was fun, and I hope you enjoyed it too. Loved your rp.

Nefla: Great rp, good job, you made me look stupid more than once

Krynna: Very cool. I really enjoyed that time we went exploring after tracking that a-p. Too bad you were evil or we could have looked around some more, I already felt pretty guilty for the one time. And I was laughing when I was trying to stop the war with the Village and sent you the tell by mistake. Whoops.

Myrnessa: Was fun travelling with you, too bad you went before me, I wanted to at least SEE a Sunwarden before I con died.

For the sake of time, I'll keep things brief, but there were many others who I would love to hear from, if you feel up to posting .

IMPERIALS: Never really fought many of you, seemed when we raided no one was logged in, or was able to defend, and I don't remember ever being around for a Counter Raid.

Tribunals: You guys showed me just how badly I've gotten at pk. I guess part of it was my combos(I took Whispers and Outcry with Sword/Flail, which by the way worked very well for exploring and complimented Outtie powers well) but most of it was probably my planning.

Gotakanal: Very powerful, I would only fight you after I made peace with the fact I was probably going to die.

Taqutin: You got the final kill on me, I didn't know you well, but I did know you were able to finish our fights quickly.

Jeir: Was fun, you must have done something right. Good interactions and fights.

Spenner: Good job. Gave me trouble more than once, and I never really found a good way of engaging you.

BATTLE RAGERS: For the most part, I really hated you guys. I was against the war, never really attacked dwarves, and I got to have another set of players pounding on me(and these ones had Deathblow and resist).

Arial Warrior: I'm sorry, your name is just out my reach, we travelled a lot mid 40s, and were pretty good allies to the end. Great job, I had a lot of fun.

And now, any flames, complaints, problems, or compliments are welcome. Thanks for playing. I enjoyed it.

Unnamed one (Guest)Tue 07-Nov-06 01:45 AM

#52172, "Hehe"
In response to Reply #1

Thanks for ranking me for a few levels near hero on the skeleton mount there. Don't bother that I'm EVIL!!! Muahahahaha.....

You seemed like a nice guy, it made it even more fun to trick you like that. I was on pins and needles the whole time holding my breath you wouldn't figure it out. I'm like, maybe the svirf leads... hehehuaha. There's some parts about CF that is really fun, and that was one of them.

Oh and Orau please don't give away or try to guess who I was even if you remember- you probably don't because it was a while back...month or two maybe.

me again (Guest)Tue 07-Nov-06 01:51 AM

#52173, "and also"
In response to Reply #2

I ranked with reossi and fought kipli with other chars and think they were both pretty cool. Different sorts of RP from each of them from what I remember.

Keep it up, I'm sure I'll run into you again with another, yo!

Krynna (Guest)Tue 07-Nov-06 06:23 AM

#52174, "Thanks for the fun"
In response to Reply #1

I liked this char. A bit too crazy as for my taste, but that was your choice. Too bad we could not act together more, but well.

And btw, I was really impressed with your exploration skills. I mean finding all these keys and passages were just crazy. I guess I am not paying enough attention to details.

Oh, and if not a secret, why Ourcry of steel? I mean I do not understand what this legacy can be useful for.

Orau (Guest)Tue 07-Nov-06 11:04 AM

#52180, "RE: Thanks for the fun"
In response to Reply #4

Well, with a little luck I could go through Whistlewood unseen. And Dash x call cham worked a lot like creep, especially with aggro mobs. Not to mention, the extra mvs, and boosted mv regen(which was very nice) for when we didn't have the fetish, nested dashes helped alot, getting past aggro mobs, sneaking past enemies to get to the spirit. It was pretty cool.

Krynna (Guest)Tue 07-Nov-06 12:21 PM

#52201, "Impressive"
In response to Reply #8

Interesting tactical usage of generally underused legacy for Outlander warrior. Very impressive.

Draktel (Guest)Tue 07-Nov-06 07:59 AM

#52175, "Imperials"
In response to Reply #1

We definately fought more than a few times, and you definately tried to defend counter raids a few times. It was a long time ago though, and I was honestly surprised to see you in thera still. I thought you had died long ago. All of that being said, I liked Orau and your willingness to fight, granted it turned out bad for you often, but hey, everyeone learns from things. That time you ran all over the place and Outlanders were hounding me, and I finally got you on the river...was a great fight.

Orau (Guest)Tue 07-Nov-06 11:01 AM

#52179, "How could I forget..."
In response to Reply #5

You're right. You and Zhaltum caused me a lot of problems, I remember now. Great job. Well, sorry about that, when I had thought back my mind was blank, I wasn't trying to say you guys were lazy or anything. Good fights, and keep it up .

Jhesar (Guest)Tue 07-Nov-06 10:07 AM

#52177, "Ha! Had no idea you would stick it out to CON DEATH!"
In response to Reply #1

Yeh, I interacted with you with Felnarsto when you were Kipli, I was a uhh.. wood-elf bard but your rp was a different feel with that one. Orau at times I was like uhh he's a vet, then about two minutes later you would be a ghost. Then you would unghost and about two minutes after that you would be a ghost again, and I would be like WTF?!?!!? NOT again dude!!!! hehe But it was all good b/c at some of the down times of this character our interactions made it fun to stick around. Though it sucked towards the end where our times stop meshing and then my all around interest w/ the character just faded. Sigh. Umm.. thx for help w/ my quest!! Couldn't have done it w/out you. And btw the interview w/ Samdafina Jhesar was tired of interviews and alot of talking about nothing and wanted to have fun so I basically coached them the whole way through it. BUT it was fun nonetheless. ;D Alot of fun and hope to see you around again man.
Later,
BATTLESCOUT

Orau (Guest)Tue 07-Nov-06 11:14 AM

#52195, "RE: Ha! Had no idea you would stick it out to CON DEATH..."
In response to Reply #6

lol, well most of those deaths could have probably been prevented, if I slowed down and planned things out. A lot of them were very close calls, the kind where after you manage to escape you laugh about...only problem was I never managed to pull them off this time around. Getting caught in the Whirlpool, and getting all the way to the chasm just to run out of water breathing...that kind of stuff. Nevermind pk deaths, which is something that was usually never close on my part...You coached Sam? I didn't think even you knew what I was talking about . lol, well I'll see you around(P.S. I remember Felnarsto, and going to Veran and stuff. You're getting better and better.)

InnisTue 07-Nov-06 11:50 AM
Member since 20th Feb 2005
106 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52199, "RE: Death Thread"
In response to Reply #1

Painful to watch!

Man, you could find every method of death, and likely invented some on your own. No, our playing times were definately different, though when I could catch you, it was an interesting time watching you.

Did you have any great accomplishments? Not really.
Were you boring? Sometimes, but so are we all.

You are welcome for the title.

Good luck

innis@carrionfields.com

Zhaltum (Guest)Tue 07-Nov-06 12:11 PM

#52200, "Imperials"
In response to Reply #1

Forgot about tangling with me those few times?

DurNominatorTue 07-Nov-06 03:45 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52206, "Yup, we Sunwardens were few in numbers."
In response to Reply #1

I remember interviewing you and writing a note about it, but Theannian was quite a time ago, so you might not remember. Con loss, eh? I guess it could have been fun bailing you out from all those mires as Theannian if I had been there and not deleted. Anyway, good luck with your next!

Theannian

Orau (Guest)Wed 08-Nov-06 12:45 AM

#52252, "RE: Yup, we Sunwardens were few in numbers."
In response to Reply #13

You're right. I didn't remember. That was a long time ago...but I do now. Thanks for the rec .

Azzy (Guest)Tue 07-Nov-06 04:50 PM

#52207, "RE: Death Thread"
In response to Reply #1

I don't know, seems sort of bassackwards to say you hate ragers and blame them for your cabal's own decision to attack villagers. I know I (and it seems Innis) was surprised by how much you guys - including the good aligned ones - would bring the fight to me. I can't count how many times I sent tells to outlanders saying to just leave me alone, blah blah blah. I understand that's sort of like a mage telling me to leave them alone, but then again not, as at least my understanding from outlanders and Innis is that dwarf enemies are not as big a deal as the real enemies of the cabal.

And, of course, I didn't have deathblow.

Be that as it may, when we did tangle, I had a lot more respect for you than I did for some others who would blatantly try to gang me, and complain when I wouldn't come fight two or three of them, in the woods. Arantyr and Myrnessa in particular caused me to lose most of my respect for outlanders when in one session they tried to double team me over and over, and then lied saying they'd fight alone, etc. The usual. You never did that and it was noticed and appreciated.

I did like the title and I apologize I added to it when I got you, but at least that was a real fight, nothing unusually inventive. From what I saw you weren't bad at all. Perhaps just unlucky. I've always said, I'd rather be lucky than good....

Gotakanal (Guest)Wed 08-Nov-06 05:21 AM

#52253, "RE: Death Thread"
In response to Reply #1

Well I was rather afraid of getting entwined by you in some awkward situation, so I was usually prepped out when fighting you. That time when you and Nefla payed me a visit in the Spire you had a few nifty preps in your inv, but I'm not sure you used them. Something I learned long ago is that is more of a pain to get a new set, than to get some preps back, just a word of advice for the future.

VladamirWed 08-Nov-06 10:40 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#52255, "Yeah I felt really REALLY bad about fighting you."
In response to Reply #1

It got to the point where I'd kill you and then log out feeling disgusted with myself. I started trying really hard to just avoid you, because we just seemed to be so badly matched up and to be honest I really don't like going into a fight thinking "I'm going to kill this poor ####er and there's not much he can do about it". It made it even worse, because so many of the times we would fight we'd both be forced into it, generally me raiding for the scales after logging in. I knew you were going to come defend, I knew you would give it your best, and I knew how it would turn out. You had a whole lot of heart, and I give you mad props for that.

Don't forget, your PBF was already paid for.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #52154 Previous topic | Next topic