Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Narses the Master of Necromancy, Eli..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #52090
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 04-Nov-06 01:12 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52090, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Narses the Master of Necromancy, Elite Imperial Warlock"

Sat Nov 4 00:08:27 2006

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Narses perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:necromancer
Level:45
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:150

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply a post, seffar (Guest), 07-Nov-06 10:25 AM, #14
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Narses the Master of Necromancy,..., ThatOneGuy (Guest), 06-Nov-06 12:00 PM, #11
Reply This bums me out, Draktel (Guest), 05-Nov-06 09:58 AM, #5
Reply Across thera out of range people and their corpses rejo..., Vlad (Guest), 04-Nov-06 11:54 AM, #1
     Reply I liked it., Lysrieal, 04-Nov-06 05:23 PM, #2
     Reply Well, Soemone (Guest), 05-Nov-06 09:08 AM, #4
     Reply PK ranges exist for a reason., Vladamir, 05-Nov-06 12:22 PM, #6
     Reply I think his maus. logs were awesome., Rogue, 06-Nov-06 08:49 AM, #7
          Reply Out of PK killing is virtually inexcusable, Valkenar, 06-Nov-06 10:24 AM, #8
          Reply Nah., Marcus_, 06-Nov-06 10:57 AM, #9
          Reply Outlander do it all the time... for them it's good RP....., TheProphetguest (Guest), 06-Nov-06 11:28 AM, #10
          Reply Those ####ing tribunals do it even more. nt, Marcus_, 06-Nov-06 04:51 PM, #13
          Reply RE: Out of PK killing is virtually inexcusable, Rogue, 08-Nov-06 08:17 AM, #15
          Reply I think it depends on the circumstances, Daurwyn (Guest), 11-Nov-06 08:54 AM, #16
          Reply I generally agree with this post. (n/t), Daevryn, 06-Nov-06 01:15 PM, #12
     Reply If you look back at the rules of 2001 or so, it was ill..., Theerkla, 12-Nov-06 08:13 AM, #17
     Reply RE: Across thera out of range people and their corpses ..., Narses (Guest), 04-Nov-06 07:50 PM, #3

seffar (Guest)Tue 07-Nov-06 10:25 AM

#52178, "a post"
In response to Reply #0

personally I loved the log of what you did in the maus, and I give kudos for not being a nice necromancer.

You deleted after I stole the rods from you, etc. Before I jacked you I thought to myself either I will get you jacked, and hope, or I will fail, and be slept and die without being able to do anything. Such as the poor poor way of thieves .
With other necromancers I wasnt worried.
You were smart. I refer you to my death to you.

You spoke of allies, but, my char has goals, and while slightly according to power / time.. you were in a way competition. I wasnt going to do it sorry man, would have been against my char.

You said this char sucked, but alot of it I know was against the time. Growing up we both had lauraune on, ALOT , to deal with healing others, tarabal, lack of powers, people we were trying to kill not being able to kill them etc.

Having an oposing cabal in extreme power like we did, namely maran / village, as a mage or scion its a bad time growing. I am still not hero, and you still werent spectre. I will say it wasnt because you sucked, it was much harder on our end.
Will say you stuck with it and did a good job from what I saw, just wanted to say that and give you props.
Do be more evil though, I love evil evils.

ThatOneGuy (Guest)Mon 06-Nov-06 12:00 PM

#52149, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Narses the Master of Necromancy,..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, seeing as this has turned into an argument thread and not a goodbye thread, I figured I would step on in and say an actual goodbye, hopefully getting people out of this pointless flame war.

I thought your char was awesome. I dont know how many times with my thief I keep spamming where and who pk and using a hell of a lot of scrolls just to make sure that you weren't around. You did a hell of a job and I hope that you come back and maybe join the goody side for a bit!

Good Luck with the next, and hope to see you in there.

Draktel (Guest)Sun 05-Nov-06 09:58 AM

#52119, "This bums me out"
In response to Reply #0

I hate losing competent people when I really need them. What happened? I hope you come back on my side. I really liked Narses and thought you were going places. Oh well, good luck.

Vlad (Guest)Sat 04-Nov-06 11:54 AM

#52103, "Across thera out of range people and their corpses rejo..."
In response to Reply #0

Your character left a really BAD taste in my mouth, between using your spells to kill people out of range, and watching you full loot people half your level with your pets. It smacked of OOC bad player attitude. It overshadowed your obvious skill with the class.

LysriealSat 04-Nov-06 05:23 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
21 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52107, "I liked it."
In response to Reply #1

I like seeing people use little tricks like this. Having no one on WHO PK should not be a "protection card". Plague, poison food, emetic poison, unveil, the bioempathy whatever, alturism.. many ways for other classess to lead to a death of another out of range character. why cant she utilize her own?

Soemone (Guest)Sun 05-Nov-06 09:08 AM

#52118, "Well"
In response to Reply #2

Why not just allow people to summon a Hurriance type mob? They were just using their class spell to kill a newbie back then.

Heck, why even have pk. Let level 51's kill people in mud school and give xp loss for pks.

VladamirSun 05-Nov-06 12:22 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#52120, "PK ranges exist for a reason."
In response to Reply #2

If you can't understand why certain skills/spells work out of range and some don't, then my trying to explain it to you won't really enlighten you. It's one of those "horse to water" things. It's really a common sense sort of thing, if you can't already figure out for yourself why doing things to cause out of PK range deaths is bad then my explaining it to you won't give you a clue.

RogueMon 06-Nov-06 08:49 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#52144, "I think his maus. logs were awesome."
In response to Reply #6

Some goodies were caught in the wrong place at the right time. I saw a necromancer manipulate what his class is built to, and carry out the death sentences.

With transmuters in the past myself, I've caused a few out of PK deaths.

It's one thing for a goodie or neutral to be mindlessly leading newbies to their deaths, but for a necromancer to herd zombies towards a goodie group in the mausoleum I think is just as RP oriented as a Tribunal putting fires out.

PK ranges exist (I think) so you don't have someone going around 2-rounding anything half his level or below. I don't think the range exists to segregate role-play and interaction (death too).

ValkenarMon 06-Nov-06 10:24 AM
1203 posts
#52146, "Out of PK killing is virtually inexcusable"
In response to Reply #7

Because it's basically finding a loophole in the game mechanics to kill someone you aren't supposed to be able to hurt (that's what a PK range is). The real problem is that it's just unfair. If you get someone killed out of range, they don't have a real opportunity to kill you back.

Also forcing mob-deaths is a real #### move. PK deaths aren't supposed to cause an EXP hole. If you find a way around that by killing people with mobs you're basically causing the player extra misery that isn't intended.

Marcus_Mon 06-Nov-06 10:57 AM
681 posts
#52147, "Nah."
In response to Reply #8

If it's ok to prevent pks out of range, it's morally ok to kill out of range. If goodies can heal mobs baddies fight, baddies can mess with goodies using their skillset. Nothing to whine about, really.

TheProphetguest (Guest)Mon 06-Nov-06 11:28 AM

#52148, "Outlander do it all the time... for them it's good RP....."
In response to Reply #8

So I think it's fair for necros too.

Marcus_Mon 06-Nov-06 04:51 PM
681 posts
#52152, "Those ####ing tribunals do it even more. nt"
In response to Reply #10

nt

RogueWed 08-Nov-06 08:17 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#52254, "RE: Out of PK killing is virtually inexcusable"
In response to Reply #8

"The real problem is that it's just unfair. If you get someone killed out of range, they don't have a real opportunity to kill you back. "

Life is unfair. CF is unfair, but I think balanced, for the most part. Not having an oppurtunity to kill you back, I don't believe is neccessarily true either. You can rank up to them, you can call your buddies and say "Hey! This guys in here!" (I do this often, and more often than not, said person gets 1-3 people showing up for, and owning him) This would in turn create more roleplay and interaction having you talk to others in his range and bartering for a death sentence. Had someone in that maus log ratted to any goodies his range that he was in there without an army, I am almost sure he would have had a suprise.

"Also forcing mob-deaths is a real #### move. PK deaths aren't supposed to cause an EXP hole. If you find a way around that by killing people with mobs you're basically causing the player extra misery that isn't intended."

He didn't "force" mob deaths, they stuck around for them. The EXP hole is also an OOC mechanic. The line between IC and OOC isn't defined by what is convenient and most pleasant to you. If you are my enemy, and I intend you dead by whatever means possible (within my role) then I am going to do exactly just that if I have the oppurtunity. Just another facet of the cut-throat mentality that can be applied to PK. Just remember that simply because your enemy doesn't have the PK next to their name, in now way means you are "safe" or are incapable of interacting with them appropriately.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Daurwyn (Guest)Sat 11-Nov-06 08:54 AM

#52356, "I think it depends on the circumstances"
In response to Reply #8

If some level 10 is mocking my hero because he knows he can't be splattered like he would if in my pk (terrible rp), I'll probably look to kill him with him out of my pk. Teach him to fear the heroes, so to speak.

DaevrynMon 06-Nov-06 01:15 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#52150, "I generally agree with this post. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #7

TheerklaSun 12-Nov-06 08:13 AM
1055 posts
#52386, "If you look back at the rules of 2001 or so, it was ill..."
In response to Reply #2

Back when charm person made it so anybody could kill outside of pk, it was a deniable offense.

Narses (Guest)Sat 04-Nov-06 07:50 PM

#52110, "RE: Across thera out of range people and their corpses ..."
In response to Reply #1

I looted a lowbie once with pets in this entire characters existance. It was during a raid when another Empire killed said lowbie. I was then asked over CB to take things from the corpse on behalf of the killer. When I did, I saw that every piece was complete garbage and basically forgot that I even had it on my pets. If that is enough for you to rubbish a character and player over then fine, Narses sucked and what I did was completely OOC bad player attitude. Really though? I had just forgotten about it and was NEVER asked to return any until you mentioned it when you decided not to return my gear.

You'll actually find that Narses returned EVERYTHING that he could not use to ANYONE he was lucky enough to kill. I even got IMM exp when I killed two Outlanders that were attacking me and I generously returned all their clothing. I think full looting sucks. So..

Thanks for posting.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #52090 Previous topic | Next topic