Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Raphru Kin Katrin the Watermarked,..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #52058
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 02-Nov-06 12:44 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52058, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Raphru Kin Katrin the Watermarked, Champion of Rayihn, Acolyte of the Golden Sun"

Thu Nov 2 11:40:23 2006

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Raphru perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:110

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply So long and thanks for all the fish!, Yhorian (Guest), 03-Nov-06 06:46 PM, #1
     Reply PS - Lyceum submission, Raphru (Guest), 03-Nov-06 06:48 PM, #2
     Reply Submit!, Iunna, 04-Nov-06 11:32 AM, #10
     Reply I liked you, a lot, shamanman, 03-Nov-06 07:14 PM, #3
     Reply Valinag really grew on me after the Desert quest., Yhorian (Guest), 04-Nov-06 05:23 AM, #8
     Reply RE: So long and thanks for all the fish!, Myala (Guest), 03-Nov-06 07:55 PM, #4
     Reply It's a small world after all, Yhorian (Guest), 04-Nov-06 05:19 AM, #7
          Reply RE: It's a small world after all, Myala (Guest), 05-Nov-06 12:04 AM, #16
     Reply RE: So long and thanks for all the fish!, Rayihn, 03-Nov-06 09:33 PM, #5
     Reply *rofl*, I have no idea! I'm very spontaneous., Yhorian (Guest), 04-Nov-06 05:12 AM, #6
          Reply RE: *rofl*, I have no idea! I'm very spontaneous., Rayihn, 04-Nov-06 07:38 AM, #9
               Reply Special: "When Empowerment goes horribly wrong!", Yhorian (Guest), 04-Nov-06 01:49 PM, #11
     Reply not gonna lie, Lysrieal, 04-Nov-06 05:29 PM, #12
     Reply I was Mssraethii. Man, Myala had a four-leaf clover up..., Kruuank (Guest), 04-Nov-06 06:37 PM, #13
          Reply what do you mean?, Lys (Guest), 04-Nov-06 07:52 PM, #14
     Reply RE: So long and thanks for all the fish!, Nilian (Guest), 04-Nov-06 11:27 PM, #15

Yhorian (Guest)Fri 03-Nov-06 06:46 PM

#52080, "So long and thanks for all the fish!"
In response to Reply #0

Was a fun run, but the Fortress was way too bulky! I really enjoyed this character but part of me wishes I'd been on the ragers side of things for the big battle and so on. Just to even it out. Still dead excited I got to be part of the whole huge quest, be part of an awesome religion (Thanks Rayihn! It was really cool.) and mess about with some fun new forties.

In a bit of a rush now, so when i forget you chime in and my memory will click! Hit me with a goodbye and I'll reply.

I have to thank the staff, for all their hard work in the new age questing. I'd like to thank Athellnon for kicking an interest in the silent tower to life. Thanks to people like Nimloth and Soleric for making life fun, fun. Valinag for the wierd interactions that I really sort of liked. The Nexuns! Who seemed so lost in their ways it made me giggle. Hope there's some top RPers leading the way with that cabal because I still love how you can get so many cool rp angles on its ideas. And lastly, goodbye to Raphru who was a relaxing, fun, peace loving paladin who still got to do the occasional rumble and punch when things got nasty. Another one dies to a mixture of lost motivation for an over inflated team and time constraints, sadly.

Sorry to all involved I couldn't pick it up and roll on - I don't think getting a leader position would have changed this so its likely lucky I didn't get it just there If the fort wasn't so swollen I would have loved the chance to lead the Acolytes on an upswing but underdogging is more fun. Part of me was going to cheat and use this char mostly for plumbing the silent tower/hell/insert nasty place here. But there really is no rush to pull this games secrets apart. I might not get a better shot with a well equipped paladin but its something I can shoot for again in a year or so's time. Later all!

Yhorian.

Raphru (Guest)Fri 03-Nov-06 06:48 PM

#52081, "PS - Lyceum submission"
In response to Reply #1

The end of the age really needs a lyceum page, so I'm working on an account chronicled from Raphru's perspective to add to the Lyceum. It's been drafted out and is (I estimate) 3 lyceum pages long. It'd be awesome if everyone could get a shot in - a rager perspective would be perfect. I often wonder where there isn't one for the end of nexus+warlock when that era was so colourful

Yhorian out.

IunnaSat 04-Nov-06 11:32 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
473 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52101, "Submit!"
In response to Reply #2

I'll take submissions from any point of view if I can get them. We don't get a lot of submissions on anything though. Feel free to send what you come up with.

shamanmanFri 03-Nov-06 07:14 PM
Member since 05th Jul 2004
244 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#52083, "I liked you, a lot"
In response to Reply #1

As Valinag, your incessant querries, interactions, and in general paladin-esque behavior really was a fun foil to Val's BWARGH WATER TSUNAMI DIE DIE DIE DIE RAAAAAAGGEEE!....And love. Totally. We love healing. Yeah. DIE DIE DIE DIE!!! I appreciated it, regardless, and hope you had fun too.

Yhorian (Guest)Sat 04-Nov-06 05:23 AM

#52094, "Valinag really grew on me after the Desert quest."
In response to Reply #3

I dunno, it was having this wierd mute guy following around my peacey lovey paladin that made the choices seem so obvious. Sure, we're completely different but we're priests of the same Lady and we're just doing what guys do. Spreading the love! By killing trolls.

I like we clicked at least for that little bit, and I'm glad I got to meet a really well played mute. Its a role playing technique I intend to steal when everyones forgotten you *evil grin* See you in the fields man.

Yhorian.

Myala (Guest)Fri 03-Nov-06 07:55 PM

#52085, "RE: So long and thanks for all the fish!"
In response to Reply #1

Ouch, not even a goodbye to me! I really liked Raphru and was really sad to see you not around when I rolled up my new character and joined Fort. Good luck with your next. Good to see us keep running into each other in the Fortress! Hah!

Yhorian (Guest)Sat 04-Nov-06 05:19 AM

#52093, "It's a small world after all"
In response to Reply #4

Cheesey theme park tunes asside, I would have loved to run with you again but I don't think anyone could match the chemistry Myala and Raphru had going.

Raphru kinda was given a big set of rules not to break when he first started out. Then in the spirit of Rayihn's slightly chaotic religion I set out to break all the damn rules. An important Rayihn quote was:

Rayihn says 'My priests do not serve. I want my priests to be free.'
*insert the cackling of dolphins in the background for effect*

He did manage to break a lot of his personal rules (but had to stick to the Code under -most- circumstances, he was neutral good). Chastity would have been the last personal promise he hadn't broken and I was trying to figure out a way to lose it without having to mudsex. Which would be going too far just for my character's role development So Myala was like an obsession for Raphru, and I had good fun playing it. Walking that line between an affectionate, dramatic friend and a dashing, romantic love interest. Thanks for it all. Good luck with your present char, I look forward to seeing/killing you soon!

Yhorian.

Myala (Guest)Sun 05-Nov-06 12:04 AM

#52115, "RE: It's a small world after all"
In response to Reply #7

Hah! We absolutely had some chemistry going. I think we met in the early or late teens and I really liked how things were progressing. I had a lot of fun flirting and trying gain your attention! After the first time we spoke I knew we would have a lot of fun together. I'm just sorry to see you deleted. Good luck with your next and all that. And you better not be killing me!

Kelayna

RayihnFri 03-Nov-06 09:33 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#52087, "RE: So long and thanks for all the fish!"
In response to Reply #1

Sorry to see the spark on this character burn out so fast, I was looking forward to hashing out some more religion stuff with you.

I gotta ask...what was with the "Mmm...waterfally.." thing? I thought you were a retard at first.

Yhorian (Guest)Sat 04-Nov-06 05:12 AM

#52092, "*rofl*, I have no idea! I'm very spontaneous."
In response to Reply #5

Maybe a log snippet would jog my memory (which is legendary in its awefulness!) but other than that I'd guess Raphru just liked waterfalls. Anything that said "A dryad would love this" was a tug and pull for Raphru to sit there a while feeling lost in its watery goodness.

Yhorian.

RayihnSat 04-Nov-06 07:38 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#52098, "RE: *rofl*, I have no idea! I'm very spontaneous."
In response to Reply #6

It was right after you first started praying for me, I kept missing you. I saw you on one morning but I didn't have time to vis and do a whole big empowerment thing, but since you were like 13th level I was going to empower you a little based on nifty role and then try and catch you later when I had more time. So I echoed you with some rain on your face and a bolt of lighting in the sky and I'm in the middle of typing out your empowerment when you bust out with "Mmmm...waterfally." My hands froze on the keyboard and then quickly pulled away in terror! So I decided you could wait until I had time to actually see what your deal was. Fortunately, you turned out to be awesome.

Yhorian (Guest)Sat 04-Nov-06 01:49 PM

#52106, "Special: "When Empowerment goes horribly wrong!""
In response to Reply #9

Lol! That's classic me unfortunately. I don't know where I came up with that but I can definetly see why you thought I was completely mad I sometimes don't think things through before I type them out. If you'd have walked in on me washing Myala's feet - there's a few moments I had to pause to make entirely sure my next social wasn't mis-construed. Rarely am I so methodical in trying to phrase things just right. I don't even re-read what I've typed 90% of the time. Example: We're having the classic battle conversation about why having a huge pair of axes is a much more effective political tool than 'writing a really angry note'. Daevryn happily chronicled my contribution to that in Ritur's pbf comments:

Ritur: They say penis mightier than sword

Also in tonights show, the classic 'knee zulgh' log. Why its a good idea to type out social commands in full.

Yhorian.

LysriealSat 04-Nov-06 05:29 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
21 posts
#52108, "not gonna lie"
In response to Reply #1

With Arrherah I enjoyed the battles we had in azreth. They were many.
You tried so hard to keep Myala alive :-p

Kruuank (Guest)Sat 04-Nov-06 06:37 PM

#52109, "I was Mssraethii. Man, Myala had a four-leaf clover up..."
In response to Reply #12

Seriously. When you grabbed me, you said you had been trying to get them for a long ass time.

Lys (Guest)Sat 04-Nov-06 07:52 PM

#52111, "what do you mean?"
In response to Reply #13

i had been. I wanted to kill raphru but he and others kept coming. Myala had died and unghosted and then they got another proved to be a huge pain :-p. When I called you.. it may have been a different night. We duked it out many many times

Nilian (Guest)Sat 04-Nov-06 11:27 PM

#52114, "RE: So long and thanks for all the fish!"
In response to Reply #1

I wonderd what happned to you. We got done ranking and you said I need to rest, and I did not see you after that. Kool char, liked your style, I hope to see you again

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #52058 Previous topic | Next topic