Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Grahmgin the Affirmation of Li..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #51793
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 23-Oct-06 05:00 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51793, "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Grahmgin the Affirmation of Life, Acolyte of the Golden Sun"

Mon Oct 23 16:56:04 2006

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Grahmgin perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:93

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

silencedstatikMon 23-Oct-06 11:04 PM
Member since 13th Aug 2005
81 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#51809, "A few goodbyes:"
In response to Reply #0

As always thank you Immortals for a kick ass game. Three and a half years now of constant addiction. This, as is most of my chars, was another fast burning char. that faded well before their time. What can I say? I guess I get bored easily or something. Anyhow, a heart felt thank you for the time you've invested in this game.

Grahmgin was a spur of the moment thing, as have been the three other healers I've played. In part I wanted to see what the revamp was like, and in part I wanted to see how many hp's a dwarf healer would end up with. Having that many hp's and mana was insane. Definately a kick ass race for healers I think.

As of late, I've had a thing for empowerment classes, so I've played a few in my last few chars. That being said though, I've come to terms with choosing an Imm that's play times more match man. Corrlaan and I didn't really mesh time wise, but I was glad to always have him take time out and hear my prayers when he was around. Second time following you, and I've enjoyed both. Thanks.

Fortress wise, well... I'll say I was a little disappointed wise. When I decided to roll Grahmgin, their numbers seem to be hurting a bit, but I guess the leaders had macro'd the induct button. Next thing I knew, each log in there was anywhere from 8 - 15 other Fort folk on, and several were in my range. This killed off Grahmgin a lot, as I had seen the same thing with Aiyedn, and it proved to be a bit boring. Nothing personal against anyone in the Fort, but the sheer numbers just made things a bit "too easy" I guess. That being said, I'm sure I'll be back around it eventually, as to me its become more or less my favorite cabal.

Anyhow, this dude was short lived, and so are these goodbyes. Please feel free to respond with whatever critism/praise you will and I'll be glad to respond back. See you all around!

silencedstatik

Fadderth (Guest)Tue 24-Oct-06 11:44 AM

#51833, "I'm sad you are gone."
In response to Reply #1

I knew how disapproving you were of my character joining Nexus, and I had wanted to roleplay with you about it. We will do it in another lifetime.

silencedstatikTue 24-Oct-06 12:19 PM
81 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#51838, "RE: I'm sad you are gone."
In response to Reply #2

To Grahmgin it just didn't make any sense. You had broken a dwarven oath to the Fortress, and the Fortress just seemed really peachy about it. I got into more than one disagreement with its leaders over this happening and them calling you a hero for it. In fact I was called ignorant, stupid, and was told I needed to just shut my mouth about the whole thing. Grahmgin was a servant of the light, and for one to betray that no matter what reason, was just wrong, wrong, wrong. It didn't seem that anyone else felt this way though, and that incident actually caused a lot of distancing of Grahmgin from the rest of the Fort who were happy to just go along with the whole thing like it was kosher. That being said, I'm glad you got a chance to do something most never will, and I hope you keep it going. Good Luck.

CorrlaanFri 27-Oct-06 10:32 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2005
195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51929, "Im sorry"
In response to Reply #1

Im sorry we didnt mesh time wise and Im also sorry you depended on more immteraction to validate your character.

I sometimes take a back seat approach since my religion is a LOT about finding your own path..and following it. Journey as opposed to the destination sort of thing. Call it cliche..but thats the way it is.

Im also sorry you may not have been getting the kind of answers out of me you wanted as far as war-like Acolytes. If you haven't noticed I've been preaching a bit of a different slant as of late. All part of my master plan.

Tune in soon to see what else is in store!

Corrlaan

Corrlaan followers are NICE. With a capital NICE!

silencedstatikSat 28-Oct-06 10:01 PM
81 posts
#51934, "RE: Im sorry"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Sat 28-Oct-06 10:01 PM

No apology needed. I knew going in our play times wouldn't sync up too well, and its why I waited 20 something hours to be empowered. I never expected you to go out of the way to hook up with me, and was just glad for the chance to interact.

I had taken a road less traveled as late as a un-warlike (tm) acolyte that felt his purpose was better served as a healer and not a beater. I knew there had been others that followed you that took a much different path, and was hoping that maybe through our talks you would validate my approach. That being said, I really didn't hang around long enough to do that. Like I said, thanks again for taking what time you did with me and maybe someday in the future we'll hook up again. Take care and thanks again.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #51793 Previous topic | Next topic