Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Nivult the Shadowy Shark" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #51777
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 23-Oct-06 02:00 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51777, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Nivult the Shadowy Shark"

Mon Oct 23 13:58:26 2006

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Nivult perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:575

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

The former imm (Guest)Mon 23-Oct-06 03:43 PM

#51789, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Nivult the Shadowy Shark"
In response to Reply #0

Well, I'm not going to make a big deal of this deletion. Due to an extremely busy family life, and a case of having more ideas than the energy to implement them, I am throwing in the towel on this latest Imm incarnation.

I've done this gig before, and it was definitely alot easier the first time around with Khargqwzxdds/Lloth/Jezral. These 2 most recent times, I kind of got myself saddled into overly ambitious area projects with Karakan and now Nivult, and just couldn't get them done for reasons I would rather not go into. I will say that I was a little disappointed in spending 2.75 years as a heroimm and not being able to get my huge area completed (despite my other contributions), but that's gotten so far out of my control that I couldn't finish the areas if I wanted to now. I'll spare the gripes since I don't want to turn this in a complaint.

I don't think I'll be making any more attempts at joining the Imm staff though, not because there is anything wrong with them though. Heck, I got along great with all of them and think Nep, Twist, Eshval, Valg, etc are all super people that do a heck of a lot of good for the mud with little appreciation. I am just not able to pour my undivided attention into writing areas anymore, with kids and working 50 hour weeks.

I think I am also a little addicted to playing mortals, and it was difficult for me to devote what little time I had towards Imm responsibilities when I really just wanted to try out different character concepts or roles I dreamed up, even though I didn't really make any other serious characters in the last year besides Nivult. Anyway, most of the mortals I played with died off about a year ago, so most people probably don't really know me. If anybody has anything to say, I'm sure I'll be lurking around the forums somewhere to respond.

See you in the fields

ValguarneraMon 23-Oct-06 06:35 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51796, "Bleh."
In response to Reply #1

I was looking forward to what you could do with That Thing We Sentcha (tm) after the promising kickoff. Please shoot me an email with a "will" for your partially completed projects.

I know your schedule has been tight, and I know you like playing mortals, but I hope it showed that we were more than willing to wait and see if your schedule would clear up. I hope you find time to stay around at least as a player, since you've always generated interesting characters, as evidenced by the fact that we just... kept... heroimming them.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Necro (Guest)Mon 23-Oct-06 06:42 PM

#51797, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Nivult the Shadowy Shark"
In response to Reply #1

It's good to know the author of the Maus (one of my all time favorite areas) is still around and kicking, despite the conflict I had with Jezral.

TwistTue 24-Oct-06 10:42 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51830, "One of my all-time favorite CF people..."
In response to Reply #1

This may sound wierd/stupid/funny but I honestly think you may contribute more to CF as a player than as a heroimm. Your talent, roleplay, etc. etc. are top-notch and you seem to (from what I've understood) still play mortals as if you were an Imm - that is, be conscientious of the fact that while your darkelf assassin might be a cruel merciless bitch IC, it's still possible to avoid driving off the playerbase OOC. That was a long sentence. Hope it made sense.

Anyways, like Valg said below, I hope you stick around and roll up one of those ideas you've had. Hell, maybe we'll happen to even group up and kick some tail.

FarignoTue 24-Oct-06 02:36 PM
Member since 11th Apr 2006
53 posts
#51846, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Nivult the Shadowy Shark"
In response to Reply #1

Sorry to see you go. I didn't see you much while I was an Imm, but I did interact with you as mortals far more. Good luck with life and all that. I definitely hope that you keep playing mortals, because you bring a lot to this game as a mortal or as an Imm.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #51777 Previous topic | Next topic