Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Meyrshal Gohaniellus the Voice of ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #51665
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 19-Oct-06 12:20 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51665, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Meyrshal Gohaniellus the Voice of Light and Reason"

Thu Oct 19 00:16:58 2006

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Meyrshal perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:282

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes:, Meyrshal (Guest), 19-Oct-06 01:25 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Goodbyes:, silencedstatik, 19-Oct-06 01:54 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Goodbyes:, Lauraine (Guest), 19-Oct-06 01:55 PM, #3
     Reply Cool bard, Lightmaged (Guest), 19-Oct-06 05:10 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Cool (mages), Meyrshal (Guest), 19-Oct-06 06:03 PM, #5
          Reply Addendum:, Meyrshal (Guest), 19-Oct-06 07:18 PM, #8
     Reply BASTARD!, Morior (Guest), 19-Oct-06 07:05 PM, #6
     Reply RE: BASTARD!, Meyrshal (Guest), 19-Oct-06 07:13 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Goodbyes:, Rektath (Guest), 19-Oct-06 07:24 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Goodbyes:, Meyrshal (Guest), 19-Oct-06 07:32 PM, #10
     Reply Man, Zhaltum (Guest), 19-Oct-06 09:32 PM, #11
     Reply Roll an evil trim the fat?, Meyrshal (Guest), 19-Oct-06 10:17 PM, #12
     Reply RE: Goodbyes:, Kharghurln (Guest), 20-Oct-06 11:52 AM, #13
     Reply You deleted after all those impressive logs?, Gonderand (Guest), 20-Oct-06 08:19 PM, #14
     Reply RE: You deleted after all those impressive logs?, Meyrshal (Guest), 20-Oct-06 08:36 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Goodbyes:, Zambirro (Guest), 21-Oct-06 07:40 PM, #16

Meyrshal (Guest)Thu 19-Oct-06 01:25 PM

#51683, "Goodbyes:"
In response to Reply #0

Well, Meyrshal certainly was a good run. In the beginning, there was a ton of action. Lots of good roleplaying from many players, which helped me to develop my own role, or at least get more in depth, which is always fun. Met a lot of people in the four months or so I had Meyrshal. Every time I think I'm starting to get into a CF rut, I end up rolling something up and have a blast with it, and see the greener side of things. Towards the end though, it became a chore to log on, and there were hardly ever any enemies around, and always like 5-10-15 Fortress on. It got really stupid after a while. And when I would find people to fight, I would almost exclusively fight them one on one. And of course when that would happen, Lauraine would gate to me, or someone else from the Fortress would end up showing up. That started to get annoying. I tend to play the lone hunter more often. And I -like- being outnumbered. So when those things started to go away, I figured it was time to kick the bucket. Thanks to everyone who made the experience enjoyable.

Fortress, Allies, Friends and Immortals:

Landren - That day when you were getting ready to uninduct me, I was playing from work and I couldn't do anything about the logoff. I felt like I got some seriously bad publicity because of that event from you, other Fortress members and the Immortals (Fortress). All-in-all, things seemed to work out for the better there at the end. I figured I'd stick things out and see what I could salvage of the character, and I'm glad I did. I had a lot of support, yours included. Thanks.

Aiyedn - Man, I can't even begin to tell you how pissed I was when I saw you deleted. I knew you were having a rough time getting Maran. But the way I see it, is that it takes a while to get it, and generally, the people who stick things out thick and thin end up reaping the benefits. If you'd stuck around another 20-30 hours, I bet you would have gotten it no problem. You were definitely Meyrshal's best friend. After you went away, I didn't really find anyone else to share my stories with. Thanks for listening to the mumbo jumbo. Well roleplayed and competent character.

Chokiare - I like the character a lot. It's always about fun with you, and that's the most important thing to do when playing a game. Keep up the good stuff!

Lauraine - Good healer for the most part, especially by the standards of Corrlaan. You follow the tenets very well it seems like. But man, during that time in Hamsah (with the mummy), I couldn't believe you just kept holding onto that freaking mask! What were you thinking? I remember having the mask with a previous character of mine (good aligned), and I was shunned by other goodies because I was using it, saying I was disturbing the dead and whatnot. I never understood it really. Anyways, keep doing what you're doing, because you're playing a good healing. Always putting others first.

Zambirro - Hey, just wanted to say thanks for sticking up for me along the way of what I could consider a tough road. You, along with many others, helped the development of this character. Congratulations on the Captain position, too.

Rinalias - I knew when you were around and we were together, there wasn't much we couldn't accomplish. You still have the upperhand on me as far as game knowledge goes, though. Tough bard (tougher than me?).

Corrlaan - Thanks for giving me a second chance at the Fortress.

Shokai - Who? I saw you maybe once or twice during the span of this character. Once to promote me to Maran, which was REALLY expected, so thanks for that. And the second time when you were beating up Cyradia. I just don't get the mentality behind being wizinvis all the freaking time. I wish more Immortals would show their faces.

There are gobs and gobs more people I know I am forgetting as far as the whole friends/allies things goes. But I'll end up straining my brain by thinking of everything. Reply, and I'll add my two cents.

Enemies... and more enemies:

Rektath - Man, you were another one like Zhaltum. Weak in the beginning, then you turned into super rambo. WTF? I remember whipping up on you a couple times. Then the next few fights we had, I kept under estimating you and not using preps at all, and I ended up getting my butt kicked. At least you're smart enough not to hurl throat all the time like most dagger specs. Everyone knows that's just a setup for the bard running away until silence wears off. Tough duergar, good fights. Didn't interact with you, but I guess you're doing okay (except for not uninducting Fuelach and Ruseig, who are absolute pieces of garbage).

Zhaltum - You went from strong to really strong. I guess towards the end you started taking our fights more seriously, and prepping more. Enjoyed the fights. Really ran me through the gauntlet a few times. And let me just express right now how much I REALLY hate enigma. Heheh. You know what I mean.

Ogbuk - I felt bad a couple times we fought. But then I just thought to myself, well heck, these fights could go either way at any moment, really. You would walk around with freaking 15 mobs, plus you're a bashinator. I generally had to prep to the teeth in order to even stand up to you. But when I did, the fights generally went my way. Good fights.

Empire hordes - I really loved fighting multiple Imperials at one time. Why? Because the general consensus (I'm guessing) is that you have to prep less when you have two or three, even four people against one. Boy were you always wrong about that. When I first became level 51, there were a ton of Imperials around. And everytime I logged on, I could expect to fight several groups, and I loved that trash. Live by the numbers, die by the numbers! Hahah!

Kharghurln - You're really coming into your own. I noticed you started to play more conservatively, which helped build up your weapon a bit. Now you're beginning to just get downright nasty. Tough fights always. I had a couple ideas for traps for you that I never got the chance to put into action.

Anyways, I'm sure there's a bunch more enemies and whatnot that I'm forgetting. Again, add your two cents, and I'll add mine.

Seiichi, Kasdenn, Ferrsaan, Noelani, Emmot, Lora (way too many tribs, I know, but I like them), Auten, Shinta, Kenshin, Aakershan, Hououjji, Nyshrawr, Biedenbach, Saito, Myntulli, Essuvellyn, Aiyaka, and a whole bunch of other worthless characters.

silencedstatikThu 19-Oct-06 01:54 PM
Member since 13th Aug 2005
81 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#51685, "RE: Goodbyes:"
In response to Reply #1

Well, I hated deleting Aiyedn, but at the same time didn't really feel like I was getting anywhere. Like you had mentioned, time in time again it was log in to countless allies and no enemies. Not to mention the frustration of not having made maran. Meyrshal though was a true friend of Aiyedn, and I was glad we had the time together we did. I was always a staunch supporter of yours, and pretty much constantly campaigned for your reinduction. I was glad to see you had been readmitted and made Maran again when I rolled Grahmgim. But yeah, its funny to see a couple of the other chars you played. I remember Kasdenn from running around with you as Aestelor, and I really remember Lora from my days as Huidnro. Anyhow, solid char., and one that made mine stronger. Best of luck and see you in the fields.

Lauraine (Guest)Thu 19-Oct-06 01:55 PM

#51686, "RE: Goodbyes:"
In response to Reply #1

Actually, I know a Aarn tattooee Acolyte Leader using it before, and that character didn't have problem with it. And shawtabies ain't undeads, they are statues(something like that). Anyway I do like Meyrshal, I knew you'll get inducted back eventually.

Lightmaged (Guest)Thu 19-Oct-06 05:10 PM

#51690, "Cool bard"
In response to Reply #1

We didnt really get to travel much when I was playing Deeag. ALl that Nexus stuff was going down and I was pretty busy at that time. I did like our few interactions and from our previous chars, we always seem to mesh and work well. I was keeping my eyes open for any preps I could pass along to you.

I think I fought you a bit with Crulvane too...though I dont know what the hell a defensive/air shifter would have agaisnt a well played bard. It was pretty one sided from my memory.

LM

Meyrshal (Guest)Thu 19-Oct-06 06:03 PM

#51692, "RE: Cool (mages)"
In response to Reply #4

Seems we have a knack for bumping into eachother. We fought a couple times (pre-and-post-displacer beast). Everyone kept saying "How are we supposed to deal with this monster!?". And here I kept wondering what all the fuss was about. Granted, it was no easy fight, but it had to be volumes easier for a bard to fight a displacer beast, really.

Yeah, I remember asking someone if they knew the Octagonal Tower very well. And they told me that Deeag would probably know. Sure enough, next thing I know, we're headed off. It was a good experience, and I learned a few things along the way. I appreciate that. Was hoping to see more of you around--but I'm sure you're well on your way to creating another mage! Haha!

See you in the fields.

Meyrshal (Guest)Thu 19-Oct-06 07:18 PM

#51695, "Addendum:"
In response to Reply #5

Also, during that trip to the octagonal tower, do you remember getting stuck in that room and we were all getting our asses kicked? Well, you worded me literally two seconds after curse wore off. I thought I was finished for sure. So props to you on that! I was sitting there getting ready to brandish my recall staff, but you had beaten me to it. I wonder if we could have saved the invoker?

Also, you said you'd go to nizarsh datul with me sometime, and never did! Phooey! Hehehe. Alright, I'm done.

Morior (Guest)Thu 19-Oct-06 07:05 PM

#51693, "BASTARD!"
In response to Reply #1

You owned me so hard. Because of you, I deleted Morior and rolled up a character specifically designed for killing bards. Its working wonderfully so far, but I'll admit that my opponents aren't all prepped to the gills along with crazy sets like you and Skiltore had.

Anyway, if you promise not to kill me with absurd ease in the future, I might just forgive you. =(

Meyrshal (Guest)Thu 19-Oct-06 07:13 PM

#51694, "RE: BASTARD!"
In response to Reply #6

Heheh, good old Morior. I'll admit, an unprepared warrior vs a prepared bard isn't a very good match up.

An Immortal added 4000 exp for: For holding off the Empire horde alone, saving the Orb and killing the War Master and another Blade, even though they had a healer!

:-P I couldn't resist. You, amongst a bunch of other Imperials, were a lot of fun to fight. You want to know something messed up though? That entire raid situation, I didn't have a single fly potion. I ran out, and I knew you guys were coming to raid soon, so I didn't have time to run out and get some. The entire time I thought I was screwed. Then when it was all said and done, I was all pumped up on adrenaline, and I couldn't believe I had actually pulled anything successful out of that situation.

As a warrior, you have to rely on the entire subset of your skills, and not just "the few and tried" skills. I did like how you shoved me into the Ancient Knight though, which caused the bastard to attack me for the rest of the logon. I just kept saying to myself, "this sucks, good move Morior".

All in all, I was looking forward to a little revenge from Morior--instead of your deletion. Should've kept trucking man!

See you in the fields.

Rektath (Guest)Thu 19-Oct-06 07:24 PM

#51696, "RE: Goodbyes:"
In response to Reply #1

Bards have been and always WILL be my bane. I just got smart later and realized that if I decreases your str by alot and offhanded your instrument, I'd get the upper hand.

As much as I have the urge just to go uninducting every piece of crap that I see in the Village, I really can't since I don't have much time to play nowadays. I get in a few hours here and there. I mean, I read all those posts on dioxide, but frankly, since I don't see it, can't do anything. Which sometimes sucks since I do hear alot of crap. Ah well. That's the life of well...having a life.

Good character. Second strongest bard I fought (first is Skiltore obviously).

Meyrshal (Guest)Thu 19-Oct-06 07:32 PM

#51697, "RE: Goodbyes:"
In response to Reply #9

That's the life of well...having a life.

...If by this you mean going to drunken parties and having orgies... You have clearly made the wrong decision Must... CF...

Remember, the safest sex is abstinence. Heheh.

Heh, I'm just kidding. Keep trucking man. Doing a damn fine job!

Zhaltum (Guest)Thu 19-Oct-06 09:32 PM

#51698, "Man"
In response to Reply #1

That first time we fought and you whipped me, I wasn't expecting to take that much damage from you jeez. Stoneskin *No aura/mental*
After that I started prepping a little more aggressively when I fought you I reaally should have dirt kicked that last fight I was kicking myself.
As for the slow roll thing =/ Such is the life of a dumb race with a guy that refuses to spam practice for more than 15 minutes max

Roll an evil trim the fat!

Meyrshal (Guest)Thu 19-Oct-06 10:17 PM

#51699, "Roll an evil trim the fat?"
In response to Reply #11

As soon as I get un-addicted to Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, I'll be back on CF. This time around I will be rolling up my first evil in a long time.

Exciting fights we had! With skilled players like you Guy(tm), I'm sure there will be plenty more exciting fights in my future.

See you in the fields.

Kharghurln (Guest)Fri 20-Oct-06 11:52 AM

#51703, "RE: Goodbyes:"
In response to Reply #1

Bards are just nasty against fire APs, and skilled bards are even worse. I respected you a lot, simply due to that one time you came to the Palace all alone and we fought. Thanks for the complements; I had some ideas for traps for you as well, though they were all pretty convuluted and destined to fail I'm sure. I agree, playing the outnumbered underdog is always more fun, and Fortress is usually on the up right now at least when I'm on! That's what's keeping me going...and with one of their bards gone now, good times are ahead. Good luck with yoru next character.

Gonderand (Guest)Fri 20-Oct-06 08:19 PM

#51711, "You deleted after all those impressive logs?"
In response to Reply #1

Awesome being around you. Thanks for taking me into the vaults. I had never been there before.

PS Someone has a Rurouni Kenshin fetish... What? No Sanosuke? Yahiko?

Meyrshal (Guest)Fri 20-Oct-06 08:36 PM

#51715, "RE: You deleted after all those impressive logs?"
In response to Reply #14

Heheheh, Rurouni Kenshin fetish... Ain't that the truth? It used to give me a lot of inspiration, actually (and I still do). Before ever playing Carrion Fields I was really into the Japanese history and also the Medieval time period. Very exciting and fascinating stuff. *sheepishly* Yes, I was Sanosuke recently too (Felar warrior), which was a letdown character for me. But you can be assured that I won't be playing anymore Kenshin-themed characters anymore. Heheh.

As for Gonderand, I enjoyed being around you too, pal. It's always fun being with someone when it feels like they are experiencing something for the first time. Good times and fun character.

And as for the deletion, well, the funstick was well past dwindling. Too many allies/not enough enemies.

Zambirro (Guest)Sat 21-Oct-06 07:40 PM

#51740, "RE: Goodbyes:"
In response to Reply #1

What can i say, loosing you felt like my first defeat after becoming captain . You were a strong bard and a good friend, sorry to see you go. Good luck with your next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #51665 Previous topic | Next topic