Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Yujih the Master of the Wilderness" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #51626
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 17-Oct-06 02:52 PM
Member since 25th Sep 2024
17181 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51626, "(DELETED) [None] Yujih the Master of the Wilderness"

Tue Oct 17 14:49:00 2006

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Yujih perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:40
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:74

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jaynusTue 17-Oct-06 03:06 PM
Member since 16th Apr 2003
139 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51627, "My first character in a while."
In response to Reply #0

Well it's been about 2 to 3 years and a friend of mine convinced me to start playing again, so I did. I messed around with some garbage low level characters and then shortly after, the ranger revamp came in. I always wanted to try a Scion Ranger, so I made something I believe would fit nicely with the Scion prophecy and what not - a Caverndweller. A mistake, believe me.

SPECS:

A beastmaster Caverndweller is sick and being Felar helped immensely. I would be able to dodge/parry numerous foes attacks and deal out nice damage with my claws and spear, wilst being healed and what not. I could see this combo being ridiculously strong in the Underdark. I do have some gripes though.

First of all, there is no way to finish a character off with this combo. Onslaught ambush to a few rounds to a snare waylay is a possible combo, but it rarely is brought into play - especially with that cabal choice. I would always have to be searching for people ranking or prep gathering, but if they had the slighest clue I was around, they would get away. Bearcharge as a felar, even enlarged and in the wilderness, still sucks balls.

Wasps is great but man, is it unreliable. I do not see it being as strong as everyone says it is, considering there is a 2 round casting lag on fails and it RARELY lands. I would say maybe 4/30 tries on players did it land. Not only that, but if it lands (and the foe doesnt flee in fear), you also get under the affects of it. Sure footing after about level 32 just stopped working period, I would be permalagged all the time by bashes (even enlarged, in the wilderness etc). I am still pretty convinced its bugged.

The majority of my fighting was in civilized areas and this is mostly my fault. Joining Scion did not help, hindsight 20/20. I would have to login and wait around in wilderness areas to get my fast camo/easy creep back. Knowing this though, I know for a fact my next ranger is going to be beastly - I think I learned enough about the class to be deadly next time around.

Scion: I see no reason why this cabal isn't a cave. I can't fathom it. Isn't it a Chasm, after all!?

CHARS/RP

My role was trying to be as evil as neutrally possible, if that makes sense. I've seen enough 'evil' characters who are really just ####s but perfectly nice to people. I did some evil things - Laying ambushes for people who I asked help from, going to rank and trapping them, generally things that would borderline OOC assholeness.. but alas, I wanted to be evil and that's what you got. I wasn't exactly beastly with this char, but I didn't get really thwomped either. I was content with what I did with him.

Muuloc: You gave me some hints that you were watching me early on, thanks. I wasn't ready with my chars role though and I couldn't pull off what I wanted to do. I think you would have been surprised but alas, I couldn't hack it.

Eshval: You uninducted me for logging in then logging out when I got called to work, stating that "I leave without the Scepter". I have the log of which you speak of, and there are 2 villagers with bashing specs that can defend - I see no reason to go and die for no reason. Scion is supposed to be a thinking cabal, not a rush-in-and-die stupidily cabal. I guess I was wrong. You uninducted me, and just totally ditched me. I went around for a week or so, logging in everyday and helping out Scion - without anything from you (except for maybe the day AFTER I got kicked out). I'd suggest against doing that to other characters and players, it certainly KILLS the feeling of the character if you aren't around to clean up and induct me rightly again.

Raquintas: Fun fights buddy.
Kaf: I would have had you one day. No hard feelings from the gank you got me with - I was close to having both of you but I ####ed up.
Batamon: Keep trucking.
Gazoran: Where did you go?
Umberuhk: Haha, we did some nasty things to some people eh?

Anyone else drop me a line if I forgot you.

Imms, I'm definately sticking around. This Veil #### is making me want to play a Villager again and it's looking fun!

Lates

- Jaynus

Martz (Guest)Tue 17-Oct-06 10:16 PM

#51637, "RE: My first character in a while."
In response to Reply #1

>First of all, there is no way to finish a character off with
>this combo. Onslaught ambush to a few rounds to a snare waylay
>is a possible combo, but it rarely is brought into play -
>especially with that cabal choice. I would always have to be
>searching for people ranking or prep gathering, but if they
>had the slighest clue I was around, they would get away.
>Bearcharge as a felar, even enlarged and in the wilderness,
>still sucks balls.

You still have backrake. As a Felar you don't even need the proper footwear to use this skill. You get to use your hindclaws for free. This is a very good skill to use, imho, as it causes bleeding. Bleeding plus wasps is fun for all. You also have serpent kinship. The snakes have a chance to poison, disorient, or rigid your folks. You should also travel with a bear. It helps somewhat too. And if you stuck it out to get wolf kinship...geez. This is just from my own experience though in what I used to 'seal kills'. Assuming they don't flat out run away. And you even have one up on my combo (Mariner Beastmaster) since you still have snare to stop folks from running away if need be. If they are bleeding, have wasps, and poisoned while ensnared? Geez. Just wait for a few ticks just before they can escape the snare and waylay them with that crazy Dive ambush you get.

People tend to run from rangers in the wilderness for a reason. If they notice you around then it's your fault. Camo + Creep means they should not be able to see you at all until you ambush. Just my thoughts.

EshvalWed 18-Oct-06 04:28 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51650, "RE: My first character in a while."
In response to Reply #1

Your induction was not based whole on that one incident, but from observations based on your time within Scion. I am unsure why you bring up the two villagers since they are not really an issue as you were called into work.

Scion is a cabal of evil folks overseen by evil gods. It is not as nice and friendly as the Fortress, nor as forgiving. While characters have outside issues, they are not a factor in Eshval's (the evil goddess) determination of who will and who will not stay in the cabal. As Eshval's player, yes I do care.

Your deletion was at 74 hours...you had tons of life remaining. You were uninducted for a total of 25 hours which is literally nothing in the life of a character. We are not like Empire in that we do not hunt down those whom were remove...there was not pressure to delete.

If you remember my comments to you, they basically stated that how you handled the time out of Scion would determine if you were reinducted. I spent a good deal of time watching you while you were out of Scion to see how you were doing. No, I didn't contact you every so often and tell you what a good/poor/average job you were doing. As Eshval, it is really not my concern...as the player behind her, yes, I was watching to see how it was going and making notes.

I see the deletion as more your issue than mine. You were doing the stuff you needed to have a chance of returning into Scion, but you became impatient. I cannot state that you would have been reinducted, but I watched you so you could have that chance...should you have decided to stick it out.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

jaynusWed 18-Oct-06 06:02 PM
Member since 16th Apr 2003
139 posts
#51654, "RE: My first character in a while."
In response to Reply #3

As I said on the unofficial board (weither you read it or not), your not re-inducting me was not the reason for my deletion. It was, however, a contributing factor.

I don't really see what I was booted in the first place. You said in game that the reason was because I logged out without the Scepter, if I remember correctly. To me, that is an OOC reason to kick someone out - which is fine. However, if I ever DID that, it was once and only once and that is simply not fair. If I login and quickly logout and it only happens once, it's obvious that the reason for doing so was I had OOC problems to deal with and just could stay logged in. If I would have kept doing it though, I would have saw where you were coming from. Because this game has a line between OOC and IC, I do not think it's truely fair in an OOC manner to kick someone out for past infringements (Krilcov's character or something?).

Just my thoughts. It's your cabal, but I'm certainly not making a Scion anytime soon because of the way Yujih's case was handled.

EshvalThu 19-Oct-06 11:35 AM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
#51679, "RE: My first character in a while."
In response to Reply #4

I really do not want to point at every issue, but in an attempt to help you understand I can give a bit more insight. As I mentioned previously, your short-duration logon/off was not the first time. It may have been the first without a try for the Scepter, I would have to go over my logs, and it is not that important. In watching you on several occasions, you went through long periods of time where you did nothing.

Retrieving the Scepter, or making an attempt to whittle the enemy ranks, gather allies and such things are part of being in a cabal. Anytime I see any Scion log on and not do 'something' towards obtaining the cabal item, I make a note. Actions that mitigate this are simple...check every so often on the 'who' list to see what, if any opponents are about, asking others to aid in its retrieval, and generally just making some motion towards re-obtaining Scion's item.

Cabal items are not OOC mechanisms, nor is their capture or retrieval. It is what gives the cabal its powers and is that cabal's symbol. My words to you were: "You wake only for brief moments and do not seek to gather the Scepter when you wake." I also, beyond that let you know that you could seek re-entrance and told you what was required.

I had to think about your reference, ... I do not think it's truely fair in an OOC manner to kick someone out for past infringements (Krilcov's character or something?). I believe you were referring to a failed Scion when I asked if you had been aiding Scion while uninducted. You mentioned you aided them, and my response was to inform you that they had not been a Scion for some time and I asked if there was anyone else you aided. You were in no way punished for interacting with the other character.

Do folks get uninducted for not enough face time in cabals, yes. Scion is a small cabal, and those who put time, effort and show continued worth remain a Scion. There isn't a great deal of room for those who do not produce according Scion needs.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #51626 Previous topic | Next topic