Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Myrnessa the Disciple of Ancient ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #51508
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 11-Oct-06 06:08 PM
Member since 25th Sep 2024
17181 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51508, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Myrnessa the Disciple of Ancient Ways"

Wed Oct 11 18:04:58 2006

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Myrnessa perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:49
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:83

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Final Farewell, Myrnessa (Guest), 11-Oct-06 09:40 PM, #1
     Reply God damn, Krynna (Guest), 12-Oct-06 08:51 AM, #2
     Reply Yeah, bad timing for deletions, Myrnessa (Guest), 12-Oct-06 05:58 PM, #5
     Reply sorry for picking on you, nishan (Guest), 12-Oct-06 09:02 AM, #3
     Reply Fights and Felar, Myrnessa (Guest), 12-Oct-06 06:03 PM, #6
     Reply Snares and pincers, Draktel (Guest), 12-Oct-06 02:09 PM, #4
     Reply Great fights, Myrnessa (Guest), 12-Oct-06 06:06 PM, #7
     Reply Aww..., Orau (Guest), 12-Oct-06 06:07 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Aww..., Myrnessa (Guest), 12-Oct-06 06:15 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Final Farewell, Innis, 13-Oct-06 09:48 AM, #10
     Reply RE: Final Farewell, Myrnessa (Guest), 13-Oct-06 06:41 PM, #12
     Reply Bummer.., Amaranthe, 13-Oct-06 10:09 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Bummer.., Myrnessa (Guest), 13-Oct-06 06:48 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Final Farewell, Daevryn, 13-Oct-06 09:03 PM, #14
     Reply hyuck, Myrnessa (Guest), 13-Oct-06 11:56 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Final Farewell, Azilaph (Guest), 14-Oct-06 01:06 AM, #16
     Reply No mutual love, Myrnessa (Guest), 14-Oct-06 01:21 AM, #17
     Reply Heh, nice mix of PC's, PO (Guest), 15-Oct-06 08:26 PM, #18

Myrnessa (Guest)Wed 11-Oct-06 09:40 PM

#51514, "Final Farewell"
In response to Reply #0

Due to circumstances beyond my control, this is my last CF character ever... *sigh* But I've had some fun times. I was just beginning to get into this character and learning to be more patient with pks to get them. Over the years, I've played all sorts of Sylvan/Outlanders and it will always be my very favoritist cabal. However, because of this, I've caught a lot of crap. "You need to try other cabals to know whether you like them or not." blah, blah, blah. Every time I tried to make a character for another cabal, I just couldn't get into them the same way. There's something about the challenge of not being able to get easy, purchasable preps, not using money, and being alienated from so many classes/races that makes playing Outlander great. But then, that's just me.

I started Myrnessa with the idea of reviving the storms religion, but I didn't put forth much effort into it after awhile. I kept alot of my conversations focusing on talking about storms and relating them to everything, but I got the feeling that it probably just annoyed people and didn't make much sense. All in all, this wasn't my best character, but probably wasn't my worst either. Chose polearm/axe for specs and trapping/fist for legacies. I could do some nasty things with damage sometimes, but I feel I would have done better with other legacies. Fist wasn't nearly as reliable as I wanted it to be, as I got stripped/disarmed far too often, but that could be attributed to not having other weapons perfected. PK fights went one of two ways: really, really great or really, really bad without much in between. I fought more villagers than I would have liked, but when I did get around to fighting real enemies, I had a lot more fun. Through stone skin, shield, haste, giant resist, and secret preps, a villager would still tear through my defenses like butter. It took me a while to learn that. Anyway, its been fun.

Goodbyes:

Innis - I've known you and interacted with you through so many characters and I know you're kinda like the "beginner's immortal", you're really wonderful and you make Outlander a lot of fun. I know I could always count on being able to talk to you whenever in need and it seemed you were omnipresent. Maybe one time I came to the Glade praying for you and you didn't show. Good luck with everything and a good long imm career.

Orau - Had a lot of fun ranking with you. Its kinda sad the Sunwarden side of Outlanders has been so barren. I can't remember a drought like that in a long time. Good luck with everything. You were always good for traveling and we had a lot of great adventures.

Krynna - Dark Nightreaver. You seemed always ready for killing and because of that, we butted heads a lot. I probably made some unwise choices arguing with you, but in the end, you have a lot more influence in the Tree than I did. Good luck with the character.

Feel free to post a goodbye and I'll respond. Thanks Imms for a great game. Maybe I'll be able to return one day (hopefully).

P.S. As a sidenote, felar rangers are the best race/class combo in the game, bar none. Even a moderately skilled player can do nasty things with them.

Myrnessa, Krystia, Carijisdun, Mikatra, Ekassera, Katalilssa, Norkibjorden, Graeterok, and a slew of others, mostly Outlanders.

Krynna (Guest)Thu 12-Oct-06 08:51 AM

#51516, "God damn"
In response to Reply #1

What's up with you, people! Stop these deletions NOW!

To be honest, I liked your char OOC. Sure, we had a lot of IC clashes, but damn it, Tree without any goodie who trully tries to follow his Dream becomes an impossibly boring place to be. I do need opposition in the Tree, damn it. As it is turning into a pack of Nightreavers, and that's about it.

I honestly hope to see you again. Noone quits, remember It's just a matter of time.

And good luck with RL!

Myrnessa (Guest)Thu 12-Oct-06 05:58 PM

#51532, "Yeah, bad timing for deletions"
In response to Reply #2

I would have liked a good fight between us, but unprepped, I know you would have won hands down. A good Nightreaver/Sunwarden spat always makes things interesting. Great job with filling the Tree with new applicants though. I hate to see a dead cabal.

nishan (Guest)Thu 12-Oct-06 09:02 AM

#51517, "sorry for picking on you"
In response to Reply #1

but it was friggin hard finding goodies and you were willing to fight in the wilderness. as to your thoughts on felar rangers I would suggest playing one, you might be surprised about the level of talent it takes. Then again any ranger can be super strong because all they have to do is wait for the right time and they are the best class in the game suited to stealth with damn good damage potential too.

I liked very much how your character handled defeat though, you just kept right on trucking without missing a step and that is unfortunatly not as comman throughout the playerbase as it should be. For future fights with high dex rangers focus on non-melee damage since they have no natural dam redux or spectacular hp but insane melee defenses.

Myrnessa (Guest)Thu 12-Oct-06 06:03 PM

#51534, "Fights and Felar"
In response to Reply #3

No biggie. The problem fighting you was this: whirl was great as long as I could pull it off. A felar ranger without dex is easy pk meat, but the damage you could do to me if I wielded an axe against you made the move hard to pull off. The pike won't really do anything to you in the wilds. You dodge well enough even against a weapon you don't use that you'd still out-damage me. Our final fight was about equal ground because of the preps I used and my reliance on your arrogance about not having to use any against me.

As far as felar rangers go, I've had quite a few. As Mikatra, it was the only character I had a damroll over 100 with. As Katalilssa, I could tank in the Sitran mines solo at level 40. Felar rangers are insanely powerful and I'd play one over a wood-elf ranger most times out of ten.

Draktel (Guest)Thu 12-Oct-06 02:09 PM

#51523, "Snares and pincers"
In response to Reply #1

I got lucky a few times with three of you and pincers, but I wasn't upset! I know I took a few years off your life, but thems tha way it is. Sorry to see you go, and good luck in your life after CF.

Myrnessa (Guest)Thu 12-Oct-06 06:06 PM

#51535, "Great fights"
In response to Reply #4

I remember one of those fights, every pincer and cranial landed on you to perma-lag except when you got to writhing and a cranial missed, giving you the chance to escape. Great job. You had a lot of guts coming back again after that. I liked fighting your character, but a wither completely decimated me. Even with fist, I couldn't wield two ornate silver axes (about 9 lbs each, I think). You left me useless a lot of times.

Orau (Guest)Thu 12-Oct-06 06:07 PM

#51536, "Aww..."
In response to Reply #1

You're done for good? I've loved all my interactions with your characters over the years. You've done a lot for Outlander, and I hope you are able to play in the future. It was great fun, take care Myrnessa.

Myrnessa (Guest)Thu 12-Oct-06 06:15 PM

#51538, "RE: Aww..."
In response to Reply #8

I've always liked your characters. I'll post more when your character is finished.

InnisFri 13-Oct-06 09:48 AM
Member since 20th Feb 2005
106 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51565, "RE: Final Farewell"
In response to Reply #1

You know, we have interacted through lots of characters, though until I look here, and see mention of my name and your previous characters, I never know who they are. Whatever reason takes you away from CF, I hope it is one that allows growth and happiness. Interactions with your characters has been enjoyable, and each seems to have a new take on their original methods of dying. I wish you luck in whatever comes your way.

innis@carrionfields.com

Myrnessa (Guest)Fri 13-Oct-06 06:41 PM

#51577, "RE: Final Farewell"
In response to Reply #10

Thanks! And keep doing what you're doing. You're the only Imm whom I would seek just about every time I had a goodie regardless if my sphere matched your religion or not.

AmarantheFri 13-Oct-06 10:09 AM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51570, "Bummer.."
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed what I saw of your character and Innis and I definitely had our eye on you for Sunwarden. You'll be missed.

And never say never... things always change. Hopefully we'll see you back in the 'fields sooner or later.

Myrnessa (Guest)Fri 13-Oct-06 06:48 PM

#51578, "RE: Bummer.."
In response to Reply #11

I never know when you're around and especially never know when you're watching, but I've always enjoyed the attention over the years. I think I came close to being a follower of yours once, but I never knew when our times would mesh.

I think you gave Krystia the title "the Cultivator, Alabaster Protectress of the Refuge", which is my all-time favoritest title ever. Thanks for your work with Outlander. Its the best cabal in the game.

DaevrynFri 13-Oct-06 09:03 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#51580, "RE: Final Farewell"
In response to Reply #1

Some characters I really liked in your list. Hopefully forever isn't forever.

I still think there's a lot you might've enjoyed in some of the other cabals. . . or at least enjoyed in trying them. It's like travelling or studying abroad; sometimes what you learn is a new appreciation for why "home" suits you.

Myrnessa (Guest)Fri 13-Oct-06 11:56 PM

#51583, "hyuck"
In response to Reply #14

But sometimes you're content with being a local hick too.

Azilaph (Guest)Sat 14-Oct-06 01:06 AM

#51585, "RE: Final Farewell"
In response to Reply #1

Didn't like how you and Arantyr tried to gang me for two hours real time that night, and then you and bigger groups later. And when I talked to Innis he was surprised to hear that one of his, a "good" outlander, was really hunting me. Also you complaining about losing weapons to strip, when your favorite tactic was to dirt/entrap always sounded pretty off to me.

So, as an enemy, I didn't like you. Maybe that's a good thing?

See you in the fields.

Myrnessa (Guest)Sat 14-Oct-06 01:21 AM

#51586, "No mutual love"
In response to Reply #16

Dirt/entrap vs. strip, strip wins every time. I never took one weapon of yours, nor did I ever win a fight against you. You were the first/only dwarf I tried to hunt, but after losing a couple of times, I left you alone.

But then, I'd been fully prepped a few times and you completely tooled me with flails vs. a polearm giant with fist. ::shrug:: Also thought you were neutral.

As an enemy, I didn't have much love for you either because you'd complain about being ganged up on. Two underage villagers proved more than a match for five prepped Outlanders, two of which were warriors.

But you're tenacious and stubborn, which is exactly how a dwarf should act. Well done and good luck.

PO (Guest)Sun 15-Oct-06 08:26 PM

#51604, "Heh, nice mix of PC's"
In response to Reply #1

I always have respect for those who can play such different kinds of characters, even if they were all Outties. I had mortals that interacted with Mikatra, Katalilssa and Norki and I would'nt have guessed the same person played them all.

Oh yeah, I keep swearing off playing too, even deleted Zmud off my computer but the itch still floats around from time to time. You never know......Good luck on whatever's next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #51508 Previous topic | Next topic