Subject: "Sinking fast into the dark pools of the Underground...." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #51472
Show all folders

Deeag (Guest)Tue 10-Oct-06 02:49 PM

#51472, "Sinking fast into the dark pools of the Underground...."

Now before I start getting bitched I did actually roll up this char to fast rank, and get involved with Nepenthesque quests. I needed something that had mobility, and easy ranking. I had no desire to PK, other than a few times it would present itself.

I tried to speak with and involve as many people as I could in every little story line that was going on. Heck, even enemies. It was a fun ride. I was so sure that a pure mage cabal was coming, and I wanted to get up there fast. I’ve never had so much IMMteraction and loved every minute of it.

I am though burning out. Coupled with the fact that NEXUS is coming back as the end result to all this I figured I would bow out now. I dislike balance! I want a mage cabal where we gang villagers and collect shinies. (J/K) I am just not cut out to take the next step to being cabaled and I figure the questy stuff is nearing an end.

The quest form was cool. Octopus is deadly. Entangle...shudder. Although I dislike having to use ABS for every fight just to be competitive. Water forms should be dangerous enough without fully prepping each time. I don’t mind gathering and prepping mind you, so I always was in ABS mode. A lot of fights I just fled after not being able to even scratch some of my foes. Other times I crushed them without blinking.

I am tired of the playerbase as well. This is my last char for a LONG time. There are some great people playing this game which make roleplaying fun. But add in the crap and I find im stressing out a bit.

Friends and Foes alike, it was fun.

Lauraine (best healer I’ve traveled with since starting), Chokiare (respects my fur ball), Arngrim( where the hell did you go?), Arasakate(fund ranking with you, Meyrshal(likes our travels, tough bard.), Fadderth(SOrry man, but Im hurting here), Eacer(Loved our quests), Spenner( respects old man.)Ezandra(take over the seas for me), Ebiwen(Hope you work things out, you seem eager and willing to do it all), Chiermia(my hag in training, it was fun.), Linerasas (fun questin with you), Dregan (tough SOB), Rektath (tougher SOB), Yuvralin (fun few fights, wish we could have talked more), Azilaph ( Not sure we interacted much), Bhoreahk (Another freakish brute), Ruseig (Cool char, liked our few interactions.) Im missing lots but I really need some sleep. Ill add more, so whatever...

Immortals: Thanks Nepenthe, Crysseara. That was a lot of fun. I hope I was more of a help than a nuisance. I kinda knew what was going on and I did try hard to help your quests along. Tried to spread gossip and get the playerbase excited. I wish you both the best in real life too. I just cant do it anymore. Rest of the Imms, thanks for everything, you guys are awesome.

Lightmage

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Sinking fast into the dark pools of the Underground..., Bhoreahk (Guest), 12-Oct-06 12:54 PM, #21
Reply RE: Sinking fast into the dark pools of the Underground..., Ebiwen (Guest), 11-Oct-06 04:27 PM, #19
Reply Deeag the Sea-hag, Witch of the Waves, Meyrshal (Guest), 11-Oct-06 04:21 PM, #18
Reply Like Nepenthe said...moderation is needed., Me (Guest), 11-Oct-06 04:33 PM, #20
Reply RE: Sinking fast into the dark pools of the Underground..., Fadderth (Guest), 11-Oct-06 09:57 AM, #17
Reply Hrm, that's too bad., Daelen (Guest), 11-Oct-06 08:26 AM, #15
Reply I'll get you for that!, Daevryn, 10-Oct-06 06:55 PM, #11
Reply I am curious though..., Me (Guest), 10-Oct-06 07:37 PM, #12
     Reply RE: I am curious though..., Daevryn, 11-Oct-06 07:06 AM, #13
          Reply No it doesnt. :P n/t, Me (Guest), 11-Oct-06 08:06 AM, #14
Reply I must say I never saw this coming, Chokiare (Guest), 10-Oct-06 05:28 PM, #9
Reply You were going for the Dugong, Yhorian (Guest), 10-Oct-06 04:29 PM, #5
Reply I will admit this however..., Me (Guest), 10-Oct-06 05:04 PM, #8
     Reply Standing By, Kastellyn, 11-Oct-06 09:50 AM, #16
Reply Knew it was you! Get back here and start a new char., Shadowmaster, 10-Oct-06 02:56 PM, #2
Reply Hell you need a break as well...., Me (Guest), 10-Oct-06 03:33 PM, #3
Reply For Nepenthe., Deeag (Guest), 10-Oct-06 02:52 PM, #1
     Reply It's a conspiracy!, Rektath (Guest), 10-Oct-06 04:27 PM, #4
     Reply And our duel and deal?, Me (Guest), 10-Oct-06 06:21 PM, #10
     Reply No mention for me?:( (Bartavre) nt, shamanman, 10-Oct-06 04:29 PM, #6
          Reply You were a pain in my ass..., Me (Guest), 10-Oct-06 04:41 PM, #7

Bhoreahk (Guest)Thu 12-Oct-06 12:54 PM

#51521, "RE: Sinking fast into the dark pools of the Underground..."
In response to Reply #0

I was looking forward to our next fight, a shame to see you go. This time I actually would have tried more during it!
Well when its time for a break its time for a break, I've taken my fair share of them, good luck with everything and maybe see you in the fields some time.

Ebiwen (Guest)Wed 11-Oct-06 04:27 PM

#51505, "RE: Sinking fast into the dark pools of the Underground..."
In response to Reply #0

Aw.... Ebiwen was hoping that he would be able to learn a few tricks of the trade from you. Reactivate!

Good RP. You always kept things interesting, and helped Ebiwen out alot with a few things.

Daevryn: That thing you mentioned doesn't work on mobs, does it? Is it limited to working against only one group?

Meyrshal (Guest)Wed 11-Oct-06 04:21 PM

#51504, "Deeag the Sea-hag, Witch of the Waves"
In response to Reply #0

Every time I saw you, I tried to make mention of that title, "Sea-Hag". Inside, I was secretly hoping I'd log on and see you with that title. Anyways, thanks for the mention. You continue to make good characters. Except, I'm starting to see a pattern--you don't like character longevity. Just when it seems like your characters are making it somewhere interesting, important and all that good stuff, you knock them off. But, that is your choice. The sky is the limit would be a good term to describe your characters. Hope to see you around the fields still. And thanks for showing me a few things.

Me (Guest)Wed 11-Oct-06 04:33 PM

#51507, "Like Nepenthe said...moderation is needed."
In response to Reply #18

Im going to take his advice when I come back and try to set limits.

Fadderth (Guest)Wed 11-Oct-06 09:57 AM

#51502, "RE: Sinking fast into the dark pools of the Underground..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry man, I'm hurting here does not sound good, but you mention Fadderth so I say goodbye.

We did not interact as much as I would liked, and you leveled very fast that when Fortress duties called I missed chance to level much with you.

Reactivate so I get chance to listen your verbal abuse of me! I had fun when we played together and will miss Deeag.

Daelen (Guest)Wed 11-Oct-06 08:26 AM

#51500, "Hrm, that's too bad."
In response to Reply #0

Hell I barely got caught up on what happened while I was napping.
Have a good break.

DaevrynTue 10-Oct-06 06:55 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51489, "I'll get you for that!"
In response to Reply #0

>Although I dislike having to use ABS for
>every fight just to be competitive.

I think you'll be able to understand octopus having to be as non-dodgy as it is to work out. Beyond that...

>Water forms should be
>dangerous enough without fully prepping each time. I don’t
>mind gathering and prepping mind you, so I always was in ABS
>mode.

I done gave you cabal powers to help reduce that need.

Or did I give the other guy the talk about how that works and not you? Hm.

General comment... moderation, man!

Me (Guest)Tue 10-Oct-06 07:37 PM

#51491, "I am curious though..."
In response to Reply #11

When you did the Octopus thing. Was it taken into consideration that I would ABS every situation? I thought this was an old form. Without ABS there is NO way it could even fight villagers. Most of my fights were down to the wire even with protections.

Just for future water shifters out there that might be up for perk loving...I have lots of logs of it. ABS just made the form on par with some villagers. Alot of the fights were not even close. I wish I had Rektath's one logged.

Anyhow, it was much appreciated. I really want that email though from you regarding that item. Cya after a break.

DaevrynWed 11-Oct-06 07:06 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51498, "RE: I am curious though..."
In response to Reply #12

>When you did the Octopus thing. Was it taken into
>consideration that I would ABS every situation?

Ask team role contest!

>I thought
>this was an old form.

Yeah, it was one of the original batch of quest forms.

>Without ABS there is NO way it could
>even fight villagers. Most of my fights were down to the wire
>even with protections.

Consider, though: when you could get the upper hand, many of them (depending on character class/build/etc.) were just dead. When you got the upper hand, you could word. Probably.

>Anyhow, it was much appreciated. I really want that email
>though from you regarding that item. Cya after a break.

It didn't auto-do anything; you had to use/invoke/command-word it or the like, and under a certain set of circumstances. There's another character out there with a very different artifact that happens to have the same set of circumstances and they seem to have wrangled it okay, so I know this isn't one of those cases where my way of thinking is that far off anyone else's.

Vague, but does it answer your question?

Me (Guest)Wed 11-Oct-06 08:06 AM

#51499, "No it doesnt. :P n/t"
In response to Reply #13

n/t

Chokiare (Guest)Tue 10-Oct-06 05:28 PM

#51483, "I must say I never saw this coming"
In response to Reply #0

Great character with fun roleplay. Never really did get to fight at your side but we interacted tons. It to bad you grew disallusioned with the playerbase because this was a quality character that personally I will miss.

Hope to see you soon.

Yhorian (Guest)Tue 10-Oct-06 04:29 PM

#51477, "You were going for the Dugong"
In response to Reply #0

Admit it!

Yhorian.

Me (Guest)Tue 10-Oct-06 05:04 PM

#51480, "I will admit this however..."
In response to Reply #5

The last two chars I have played....Callie(shifter), Deeag(shifter)...I did chose shifter again on purpose only because of all the crap I got when I deleted Crulvane. Not being able to play anything else...blah blah blah...

I needed a char I could bitch rank, not worry about gear, roleplay well in, and have mobility to take part in quests. I needed a mage that was self sufficient, no-thinking involved, no spamming spells, ect.

When I come back I am going to attempt a PK orientated killer type char. Not a shifter. I have an amazing role that I have been working on for a while and just need the motivation to get the ball going.

KastellynWed 11-Oct-06 09:50 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
#51501, "Standing By"
In response to Reply #8

You're one of the consistantly top RPers on the MUD, with a great deal of originality in each role. Looking forward to seeing what you'd consider an amazing role!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

ShadowmasterTue 10-Oct-06 02:56 PM
Member since 18th Mar 2003
329 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51474, "Knew it was you! Get back here and start a new char."
In response to Reply #0

Good luck man, see you in the fields.

Me (Guest)Tue 10-Oct-06 03:33 PM

#51475, "Hell you need a break as well...."
In response to Reply #2

We are both going to go insane if we keep this up.

Couldnt have been that transparent unless you were an IMM. I was pretty much questing and talking most of the time. Dont think I had any enemies other than I was going to kill Chanya for picking on me when I was in my rank 20's. Blah. I cannot physically or mentally play this game for a long time. ANd when I do play again, Im only going to play shapeshifters. Even if they nerf the class, I am going to roll up a invoker and roleplay like a fool intil the IMMS are forced to con kill me or grant me a turkey form.

Deeag (Guest)Tue 10-Oct-06 02:52 PM

#51473, "For Nepenthe."
In response to Reply #0

Can you do me one favor. I swear I will never tell another living soul. What did that item do that Nydeikon gave me? I kept getting visions when I used it. I need to know.

kylewebber@shaw.ca

Rektath (Guest)Tue 10-Oct-06 04:27 PM

#51476, "It's a conspiracy!"
In response to Reply #1

If Nepenthe capitulates, we all know that Deeag aka Lightmage is Nepenethe's fiance aka Crysseara! CHEATERS!!!

All in all, I wish we interacted more often. You always put out good characters that I have a great time interacting with.

I haven't played CF for a long time, well compared to some of you here, but I understand the burnout factor very well. Take some time off, get your #### in order, and come back if you're curious or if you're downright bored.

Ciao.

Me (Guest)Tue 10-Oct-06 06:21 PM

#51485, "And our duel and deal?"
In response to Reply #4

I was telling the truth. Big time. Might get interesting if you play off that. ####e....very interesting if you play off that.

shamanmanTue 10-Oct-06 04:29 PM
Member since 05th Jul 2004
244 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#51478, "No mention for me?:( (Bartavre) nt"
In response to Reply #1

f

Me (Guest)Tue 10-Oct-06 04:41 PM

#51479, "You were a pain in my ass..."
In response to Reply #6

I was initially going to run with the kill all duergars. But you had me convinced you were a changed man. Did you ever get to take part in any of the questiness? I was hoping you would rank up and not be such an attack whore!!

I actually lugged around a humansunder for a day before realizing you deleted.

Bloody whelp.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #51472 Previous topic | Next topic