Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Narguth the Slayer, Advisor to th..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #51268
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 28-Sep-06 10:32 PM
Member since 25th Sep 2024
17181 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51268, "(RAGE DELETE) [SCION] Narguth the Slayer, Advisor to the Night"

Thu Sep 28 22:31:10 2006

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Narguth perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:anti-paladin
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:236

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply An interesting ride., Shadowmaster, 29-Sep-06 07:59 AM, #1
     Reply RE: An interesting ride., Eshval, 29-Sep-06 10:01 AM, #2
     Reply beastly, Angrelm (Guest), 29-Sep-06 10:15 AM, #3
     Reply Good character, Fadderth (Guest), 29-Sep-06 03:44 PM, #4
     Reply RE: An interesting ride., Kharghurln (Guest), 30-Sep-06 01:43 AM, #5
     Reply Shame to watch you go, Bhoreahk (Guest), 01-Oct-06 11:37 AM, #6
     Reply Was a great fight we had around galadon, Nauenyte (Guest), 02-Oct-06 05:50 AM, #7

ShadowmasterFri 29-Sep-06 07:59 AM
Member since 18th Mar 2003
329 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51275, "An interesting ride."
In response to Reply #0

Well, I blame Nepenthe. I wanted to see what a fire ap with fully mastered skills and such could do, so I really put a lot of effort into Narguth early on and pretty much solo-ranked him to 30 which took a good while and was immeasurably frustrating. Yay for fire giant intelligence!

Originally I had intended to go uncaballed (so I could rank sit like a wuss, duh) but I had an inkling, IC, that Scion was on the rise, and I just really dig Scion as a cabal, from a player standpoint. So when Muuloc and I talked, I jumped at the chance and amended my role accordingly.

I had a good time but to be honest I don't have the focus right now to play a fire AP, let alone a caballed one. I need something I can play at work, idle on when I am actually *gasp* working and Narguth was just too damned intense. It got to the point where I was quasi-scared to log in at work because I wasn't sure if my short logins would be frowned on, and I knew that death was always a visit from my boss away. So I made myself a deal that I would delete if I lost the axe, Ruseig kicked my ass, and so I did. On to goodbyes.

Scions:

My homies! Thanks for keeping it dark, real dark.

Muuloc : Thanks for the chance. Sorry to delete like a fat ####
Eshval : See Muuloc.
Scion Mortals: A good group it seems like, you guys will go far if you can keep your logins consistent. I won't 'out' any of you here by naming names. Know that Narguth had respect for every one of you.

Battle:

Like a truly balanced cabal, Battle was either the easiest charges I got, or the hardest.

Ruseig : Nicely done ending the run, also, that time I got you on Eastern I had no idea Landren and those guys were after you.
Bhoreahk : From the earliest ranks, when I got you in Seantryn, then you bashed me down on Hamsah docks, to hero ranks when you and I had some good goddamned fights. A tough berserker and worthy foe.
Grunda : Ugh. Twice you got me with those damned deathblows!
Merrwyn : -21 str/dex after your first two moves and I was like uh, how about no. FWIW I never saw any of the stuff from you that other people complain about.
Nauentye : Annoying. Like a well played thief should be.
Zweich : Killing you was worth getting (Wanted). See Nauentye.

Empire:

There was a time I considered joining Empire. Just for the powers. But it was not to be! I didn't betray any of my Imperial allies, FWIW.

Valryn : 25 hours on bind hands! 25 hours. If there is a bane of AP's it was binder thieves. I was glad when we became allies. Then sad when you found out I was Scion
Kharghurln : Heh. It was like cat and mouse, wasn't it? And the roles reversed depending on POV. God it had my pulse racing everytime we were about to scrap. I must have wasted 20 barrier charges making sure I was ready in case you showed. But not meant to be!
Zhaltum : Heh. If only you knew what devious scheme Altin and I had planned. Muhahahah. I will save it for another char.
Draktel : No offense but there was no way on earth you were beating me in the place I got you the first time. At least, not as a shaman

Fortress:

You guys really understand goodie RP, almost across the board, good work to all of you.

Meyrshal : Not sure if you are Fortress but damn if you didn't whoop my ass up and down the Chasm. You've inspired me to play a bard. An eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil bard.
Angrelm : Heart man. You had heart. You played Angrelm like I believe Fortress should be played. Keep up the great work.
Fadderth : Always damned good fights and RP. Care to share the story on that log I posted?
Lauraine : Out of range elf healers are a retrieving lowbies worst nightmare. Ugh.
Igakaie : Tough. Was surprised how few charges you were worth considering how tough it was fighting you.

Tribunal :

Jeir : I knew you would flag me for that. And I knew you would attack me too. Way to stick to your guns in the face of danger
Spenner : Great RP in our limited interactions.
Sluge : Uh, thanks? Heh. Talk about glad to have logged in! Anyways thanks, sure did make the ascent a bit easier

Outlander :

Krynna : Wow. I had you! Damn damn damn. I was so pissed when you escaped, and then I did *edited thingy* and found you and by the time I ran there you were gone, and then someone else jumped me so I chased them. Great fights with you, the time in High Tower I saw you peek in so I prepped before the fight and you still kicked my ass. Good work and good rp, keep it up!

Uncaballeds:

Kirslamix : Thanks for all the travelling/gearing/ranking. I wondered if you forgot that I bashed you down in Akan castle when we were lowbies *inno*. Anyhow, competent, skilled healer even if you seem to idle every now and then, heh.
Pyrameth : I liked this character even if I didn't trust her. I had spies watching you.
Heyral : Uh. Ow. Pursuit is a bitch in a no_inout area.

Imms:

Thanks for a great game and your patience/tolerance with me.

Anyone I forgot, post and I will respond. I do want to say I full looted not a single person and I was very pleased to see that the favor was typically returned the times I died. Looking back, I really only looted gold if you had no gear that would improve my own. See you all in the fields.

EshvalFri 29-Sep-06 10:01 AM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51279, "RE: An interesting ride."
In response to Reply #1

Yeah, the deletion stung a bit...don't do that.

As far as it goes, it seems like it took a while for the 'allow others the honor to die in your place' to sink in. You were good solo, but with some backing you were becoming a force. You had the guts and knowledge to pull off an AP, not everyone does.

As a personal note regarding your comments (Re: An Interesting Ride), I wish to say they were among the most gracious I have read, and I personally appreciate the manner in which you presented them.

Good Luck.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

Angrelm (Guest)Fri 29-Sep-06 10:15 AM

#51280, "beastly"
In response to Reply #1

I hated Narguth. I hated, hated, hated, hated, hated Narguth. The names of the logs I have saved started out as "vs ap". Then, "vs narguth". Then, "narguth again", "$%!@ narguth", "hate narguth", etc etc. Your title should have been "Narguth, Devoted Devourer of Angrelm's Con"

I respected you as a player, but damned if I couldn't figure out a way to beat you. At best, I sent you running one time from the Fortress. This was after you solo raided the Watcher, I think, and were already hurt. If I geared for damage, I'd get slept. If I geared for saves, I'd get permabashed. If I prepped for bash, I'd get iceballed.

I generally refrain from posting with current characters, but I thought I'd pay my respects. Good, tough, well-played anti-paladin. I'm both pleased and disappointed to see you go.

Fadderth (Guest)Fri 29-Sep-06 03:44 PM

#51290, "Good character"
In response to Reply #1

Our first fights I use good potions and you didn't have charges, so I was more scary than in later. You were always seem prepared to fight, and you became great threat.
Evil character and good player, make me willing to fight you even when I likely die. Next character I hope we interaction as friend or enemy, as you made things fun for me.

Kharghurln (Guest)Sat 30-Sep-06 01:43 AM

#51298, "RE: An interesting ride."
In response to Reply #1

Yeah, got my pulse racing as well. I've died to enough fire giant APs to know that there's sometimes just not a whole lot you can do. I've also had enough people not die to me to realize works the other way around. Towards the end, I was ready to start taking some chances, but one of us always seemed willing to run away! Soorry you lost your axe, but that's pretty much the way APs play out. Good runs, lose weapon, start over. Though it's hard to start over after losing a big one! I'm sure that'll be the way I go out as well, anyway, good luck with the next.

Bhoreahk (Guest)Sun 01-Oct-06 11:37 AM

#51307, "Shame to watch you go"
In response to Reply #1

I had lots of fun fighting you, and was always looking forward to the next time. You're the foe Bhor probably had the most history with as you were saying, well good luck with everything and I'll be seeing you in the fields.

Nauenyte (Guest)Mon 02-Oct-06 05:50 AM

#51318, "Was a great fight we had around galadon"
In response to Reply #1

I only wish I had logged it. Cant begin to tell you how annoyed I was when Batamon stepped in and slept me just as I had you on the ropes in silverwood. You were an enemy without being an asshole and that is rare.

Good luck with the next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #51268 Previous topic | Next topic