Subject: "(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Gerandiel Tanderiath the Champion of ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #51191
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 24-Sep-06 07:16 PM
Member since 25th Sep 2024
17181 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51191, "(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Gerandiel Tanderiath the Champion of the Virtues"

Sun Sep 24 19:12:44 2006

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Gerandiel perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:188

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply oh crap (gerandiel), incognito, 28-Sep-06 12:57 PM, #2
Reply umm, how does one pay for pbf again?, incognito, 28-Sep-06 01:06 PM, #3
Reply There is an faq sticky at the top of the pbf area. nt, Shadowmaster, 28-Sep-06 01:17 PM, #4
     Reply doh. I looked at everything on the next level down fro..., incognito, 28-Sep-06 01:21 PM, #5
Reply Damn the bees!, Hyzin (Guest), 04-Oct-06 02:03 PM, #6
Reply This is a damn shame. You were well-played, from my ey..., Dhaezym (Guest), 24-Sep-06 08:20 PM, #1

incognitoThu 28-Sep-06 12:57 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51255, "oh crap (gerandiel)"
In response to Reply #0

I was afraid this was going to happen. Just impossible for me to log on these days, and last time I logged on I didn't realise that my client was lacking basic aliases like the one I use to fly, so I got tripped to death retrieving (after reducing too, heh).

Anyway, despite the fact that I clearly pissed a lot of people off, I had a good time with this character, and I played him pretty much as I wanted to.

I had a lot of excellent enemies that I thought were really well played, too many to name really but 99% of my enemies were cool to have as enemies. Some were really well rp'd. Some had guts. Some were just crazy. Pretty much everyone seemed decent to me. I guess the one enemy that I had no respect for was Blughurn, not because he didn't like fighting me alone, not because he tried to gank me, but because he mouthed off, calling me a coward, and refused to fight me whilst I was standing there waiting for him, but still calling me a coward. It just felt ooc to have some guy calling me a coward whilst refusing to fight me when I gave him the opportunity. Not to mention calling me a one trick wrathing pony after me and Auenna took on his larger group. Oh, and there was a certain warmaster that was also afraid to attempt to retrieve on his own against me. I was so glad when he got demoted and another warmaster with guts took his place.

I tried to show respect to all my enemies, with the exception of those that are mentioned above. I think those such as Dhaezhym, Crulvane, Gistle etc realised that. Mostly I gave respect for the things they did. e.g. showing courage, or just generally being interesting people, despite being misguided.

Took me a long time to realise that templar's defenses didn't stack how I thought. I went through most of my life trying to stack them, and wondering why no one seemed to ever drop weapons. That's because someone I sparred with told me that the injuries were pretty much combining to make things worse.

I did get annoyed by reading all the stuff about fortress never do anything but gang. I freely admit I ganged if it was easier to gang than not to gang (by which I mean if 5 people are raiding and 2 are defending, I'm not going to sit back, unless asked). Only Taera, that I recall, ever asked to be allowed to fight alone, of the paladins, so when I occasionally did stuff with her, no ganging was involved. Equally I didn't bother gathering people to gang, and fought alone outside of most raid situations. Overall though, playing European hours, I was outnumbered a lot of the time. Plenty of times where it was the other way around too though.

Had lots of good allies too, although I did get the feeling that there might be some selective logging in going on in the fortress. Nothing I could put my finger on, but just a general feeling.

Elf paladins are pretty strong, I have to say, and temperance helps. Mainly it helped with two things. Killing bash-o-matics (since if you reduce and they can't bash, they flee), and surviving crazy gangs. I also liked the fact that elf paladins have decent mana regen.

My bane as a paladin was shaman. Got I hated shamen. I'm really happy I never died to rot, though Krundig was almost successful. I was stuck and out of moves, and some friends saved me with their gear that time. After that, I always had enough to live.

As far as imms go, thanks very much to all the imms I interacted with. I guess the ones I know about were Innis and Corrlaan. I appreciated the time you both gave me. I would have liked to learn more about Innis's religion (Lauraine taught me lots, but I wanted to come up with a different interpretation if possible). In the later stages of my life, I started trying to carry around much less gold if possible. Definitely caused me problems when I was trying to have drawn out defenses against shaman that kept plaguing, dispelling, eneergy draining etc. I never did manage to confirm what the symbol of Innis stood for, although from what Lauraine said I pretty much figured it out.

Corrlaan, thanks very much for the talk about my path. Gerandiel was definitely not rolled up to be a maran, but I was starting to doubt myself because of the negative comments I was getting for being pk-aggressive as an acolyte. The general theories behind being an acolyte were these:
- Gerandiel had confidence in his own ability to fight. He worried, however, about his limitations as a healer, and how he could help others. Therefore he was more concerned with learning to help others better.
- Gerandiel believed that acolytes were seen as a soft touch by evils. As a result, the protection they could offer others was limited, since evils were happy to pick people off under their noses. Gerandiel believed that if acolytes were shown to have teeth as well, they could much better accomplish their goals.

He had a couple of traits that no one ever seemed to pick up on, no matter how much I brought them into the character. For example, he was really superstitious, and would often comment about bad omens (black cats, ladders, stepping on cracks in pavements, and some made up equivalents). I can't remember anyone commenting on this.

Allies: Had lots of great allies. Again too many to mention, although I will mention Hyzin because his presence in any session I played really made the whole thing so much more enjoyable, because of the quality of his rp.

One funny thing was, I noticed on his pbf that he was going on about bee's when I came to rescue him once. Apparently it was because he was deaf. I, however, thought that he had paranoid delusions about the hornets of Khasatholas, and had been left all messed up by imperials. So any reference I made to them after that was totally confused.

Thanks for the few people that showed me how to get into hell. Never got around to exploring it.

Silent tower -- well, I kind of learnt lots of new stuff. I won't go into it all, but I'll just say that I wasn't the reason Blughurn's gear disappeared after I killed him there. I lost some of my own gear to the same phenomenon, and the way I reacted is probably the reason I never made more progress with this character after that.

One thing I kind of liked about this character was the fact that I could actually play him as being as fearless as I'd like to think most paladins are. Made a change from my storm giant paladin who killed precisely zero people and spent most of his life being neuro'd by one of 6 enemy arcanes whilst their friends beat on him.

To all those that said Innis hands out virtues like candy, I was pretty high level by the time I got one. One didn't feel like overkill to me. It did, I admit, make a big difference to what I could do, but I didn't feel I abused that to make other player's lives miserable.

Anyway, thanks imms & players. I'll roll up another when I get the chance but I've no idea when that might be.

incognitoThu 28-Sep-06 01:06 PM
4495 posts
#51257, "umm, how does one pay for pbf again?"
In response to Reply #2

I've done it before, but I can't for the life of me remember how.

ShadowmasterThu 28-Sep-06 01:17 PM
Member since 18th Mar 2003
329 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51258, "There is an faq sticky at the top of the pbf area. nt"
In response to Reply #3

incognitoThu 28-Sep-06 01:21 PM
4495 posts
#51259, "doh. I looked at everything on the next level down fro..."
In response to Reply #4

nt

Hyzin (Guest)Wed 04-Oct-06 02:03 PM

#51394, "Damn the bees!"
In response to Reply #2

I couldn't believe I forget to rp them this one time I was deaf on Kiadana... then some imm echoed 'you hear the faint sound of bees buzzing' and I was like 'Oh yeah, my bee thing'.

I can't remember when I started it, but I often got deafened by the warlock when raiding imperials. The echo just made me think 'bee in my ear! Help!' and I think the first time I did it, someone found me waving my arms about my head like a girl.

Was awesome kicking about with you, a shame I didn't get back to colaborate on the ST exploration again. I still know very nearly nothing that someone else didn't show me And I love helping other people out with it. Perhaps we'll bump into each other again. If it helps the pain of exploring, I once pked someone in 'a place' where they loot all your stuff and add it to their hoard *evil grin* That poor d-elf t-muter.

And again, cheers for the rescues. I suppose thats one thing that a goody can be pleased about, there's always a good hearted soul ready to drop it all and run like hell to save a life. See you in the fields!

Yhorian.

Dhaezym (Guest)Sun 24-Sep-06 08:20 PM

#51194, "This is a damn shame. You were well-played, from my ey..."
In response to Reply #0

Good luck on the next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #51191 Previous topic | Next topic