Subject: "(CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt Keepe..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #51048
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 21-Sep-06 01:52 AM
Member since 25th Sep 2024
17181 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51048, "(CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt Keeper of the Just Father"

Thu Sep 21 01:48:59 2006

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Nysrogh perished, never to return.

Race:lich
Class:necromancer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:475

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Didn't get to interact with you much......, Jhesar (Guest), 23-Sep-06 10:27 PM, #30
Reply And yet, you refused my offer, Eshval, 21-Sep-06 06:55 PM, #21
Reply BIG UPS to big papa grurk!, Nysrogh (Guest), 21-Sep-06 01:18 PM, #20
Reply Good times.., Grurk Muouk, 21-Sep-06 09:17 PM, #23
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..., Nysrogh (Guest), 21-Sep-06 03:07 AM, #2
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..., Martz (Guest), 21-Sep-06 03:13 AM, #3
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..., Nysrogh (Guest), 21-Sep-06 03:21 AM, #4
Reply Can't resist, Dwoggurd, 21-Sep-06 04:01 AM, #6
Reply RE: Can't resist, Nysrogh (Guest), 21-Sep-06 04:23 AM, #7
     Reply Re, Dwoggurd, 21-Sep-06 04:37 AM, #8
          Reply Dont be so arrogant, Dwog.nt, Leg (Guest), 21-Sep-06 05:16 AM, #9
Reply Nice job, Crulvane (Guest), 21-Sep-06 05:19 AM, #10
Reply RE: Nice job, Nysrogh (Guest), 22-Sep-06 02:31 PM, #26
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..., Landren (Guest), 21-Sep-06 08:46 AM, #12
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..., nepenthe, 21-Sep-06 09:01 AM, #13
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..., Valguarnera, 21-Sep-06 12:06 PM, #18
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..., Nysrogh (Guest), 21-Sep-06 01:10 PM, #19
Reply Our (few) interactions, Palmer (Guest), 21-Sep-06 10:28 AM, #14
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..., Lucury (Guest), 21-Sep-06 11:26 AM, #17
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..., Jeir (Guest), 21-Sep-06 08:32 PM, #22
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..., Nysrogh (Guest), 22-Sep-06 01:46 PM, #25
Reply Didn't know you really, but, Nihkorzhebus (Guest), 21-Sep-06 10:17 PM, #24
Reply Scary mofo, Erisen (Guest), 22-Sep-06 02:52 PM, #27
Reply RE: Scary mofo, Nysrogh (Guest), 22-Sep-06 05:49 PM, #29
Reply I was bummed out seeing this the other day..., Little Wizard (Guest), 22-Sep-06 04:45 PM, #28
Reply ####. Just...####., Gmuer (Guest), 27-Sep-06 12:58 PM, #31
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..., merrwyn (Guest), 21-Sep-06 02:31 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..., Nysrogh (Guest), 21-Sep-06 03:24 AM, #5
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..., merrwyn (Guest), 21-Sep-06 10:34 AM, #15
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..., Lyristeon, 21-Sep-06 07:40 AM, #11
          Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..., merrwyn (Guest), 21-Sep-06 10:35 AM, #16

Jhesar (Guest)Sat 23-Sep-06 10:27 PM

#51166, "Didn't get to interact with you much......"
In response to Reply #0

That one time when we were ranking near the High Lords Keep and you popped up out of nowhwere I nearly #### my pants, and luckily got out. Also with those zombies that one time, when you raided alone I was amazed at how fskin fast you took down the huntress, spirit. I mean it seemed like all of a 60 secs hehe.. At one point I thought you would auto, you started showing up less and less and at the end you had a fairly strong presence. Was that lack of interest in the character or just you busy? anyways good character
luck on your next

EshvalThu 21-Sep-06 06:55 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51088, "And yet, you refused my offer"
In response to Reply #0

to make your passing painless and final.

Good luck.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

Nysrogh (Guest)Thu 21-Sep-06 01:18 PM

#51084, "BIG UPS to big papa grurk!"
In response to Reply #0

What kind of a son would I be if I didnt give a holla at papi. Grurk thank you for all you did. You were easily the most interactive immortal ive ever followed. A lot of the time I wondered can he actually do this without getting in trouble? I got into the grurk thing late but I think I made up for it in the long run. The religion always took a central role in my characters life everything else was secondary, my decision to go about liching teh way i did, my decision to leave the spire for a second time, my decision to be sometimes reckless... well yada yada yada

its ALL YOUR DAMN FAULT!

Easily one of the coolest imms to follow, id say coolest imms around but after hearing you rant about your pimped out explorer for hours you lost a lot of cool points. To the conspiracy theorists out there, yes I bought my lich quest for a keg of beer.

Much love
parv

Grurk MuoukThu 21-Sep-06 09:17 PM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51090, "Good times.."
In response to Reply #20

Easily one of the best Grurk kids, hands down. I remember when you
first came by to pray at like level 34 or something... I was like, "oh
great, what does this clown want.. he waited to level 34 to even bother?"
But then I started watching you, and all of that went away.

I know my followers give up quite a bit, so I tend to go that extra
mile for them.. moreso for the better ones.

Good luck with your next...

-G

Nysrogh (Guest)Thu 21-Sep-06 03:07 AM

#51051, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..."
In response to Reply #0

Well its been a pretty long ride, I guess it had to happen sooner or later. Considering for the last month or so I had been siting at 4 con. All in all I would say Liches are nicely balanced right now, still a little on the overpowered side but eh thats what you get for liching. I still dont think the person that reworked phylacteries did justice to the class. You guys opted for the quick fix and didnt give much depth to the system, oh well I guess if I ran liches they would be a little different. Still thanks for the class and thanks for the lich quest it was one of the few things I had never done on cf and it felt nice to have accomplished that. I suppose I coulda been a hella more deathfulllllll and all that shnaz. But you try playing a trib grurk lich. Heh

On to goodbyes: Eh too damn many people to say goodbye to, so tell you what you post and il respond.

Any and all criticism welcome, specially you neppy

Parv

Martz (Guest)Thu 21-Sep-06 03:13 AM

#51053, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..."
In response to Reply #2

First off, I remember when you were just a Trib necromancer back when I still played another ranger character. IIRC we even traveled a few times to Azuremain. Imagine my surprise when I get back into the game and I see you're a lich now. Haha! We didn't really have much interaction with my current incarnation but I remember when you summoned me into that cabin in the Weald when I was checking out the Tower of 5 Magics. I would've been so dead if I panicked there. I totally lucked out in hitting you with wasps and then quaffing a potion out of there before you could sleep me. Shame I never got to fight you after that. Even though you would've pretty much owned me since I can't make lichs bleed! Curses.

Nysrogh (Guest)Thu 21-Sep-06 03:21 AM

#51054, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..."
In response to Reply #3

Heh yeah that was just me summoning rangers trying to get phylacs. Thats really all I had planned. As for the Liching it was actually a long and painful road which ended up costing my char more than I had wished to. But the lichmaker is a true bastard and left me with a ####ty choice which I had to make to keep with my char.

DwoggurdThu 21-Sep-06 04:01 AM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51056, "Can't resist"
In response to Reply #2

>All in all I would say Liches are nicely balanced right now

Bad joke.

They are powerhouses even if they don't use phylacs at all.
Their immunities are crazy.

Nysrogh (Guest)Thu 21-Sep-06 04:23 AM

#51057, "RE: Can't resist"
In response to Reply #6

You are more than welcome to play one and prove me wrong, on that note play a lich with the restrictions I had. A lot of changes to liches makes them a lot less overpowered than they were in the days of Istendil and zorszaul. Then again you probably think necros are overpowered too.

DwoggurdThu 21-Sep-06 04:37 AM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
#51058, "Re"
In response to Reply #7

>You are more than welcome to play one and prove me wrong,

They tell me that every time I have a new idea and roll a character

>play a lich with the restrictions I had.

If you have any your-specific restrictions, then probably you might have problems. I don't know.

>A lot of changes to liches makes them a lot less overpowered than they
>were in the days of Istendil and zorszaul.

Less overpowered? Very likely.
Still overpowered. Yes!

They are basically immune to most of things which cause player's death.
That alone puts them above "ordinary" classes.
Still, if their hps drop below 0 they may die.
Also it might be a player's choice to play a kamikadze careless lich which is also a valid role.

Leg (Guest)Thu 21-Sep-06 05:16 AM

#51059, "Dont be so arrogant, Dwog.nt"
In response to Reply #8

nt

Crulvane (Guest)Thu 21-Sep-06 05:19 AM

#51060, "Nice job"
In response to Reply #2

I wish I could have interacted more with you but I was always wanted. I tried to keep out of trouble and make things work out but alas you were nver about when I was.

It kinda sucked having you play two chars at the same time. INysrogh/Thamuz (scion)

I got that feeling that you either played two or had inside info because I would discuss your being fed to the Shadowbeast if you were to help the chasm in my work in Veran....then voila, you stopped interacting with me with Nysrogh.

I guess I shouldnt have sent missives in cabal regarding Nysrogh.

The stuff in the works was pretty cool for Veran, just wish we could have pulled it off together.

I like all your chars,

Nysrogh (Guest)Fri 22-Sep-06 02:31 PM

#51120, "RE: Nice job"
In response to Reply #10

Had thamuz panned out I probably would have let nysrogh go and even let him fall for the trap you were setting up. But unfortunately thamuz never came to pass. I absolutely dug your char had you stayed around things would have panned out probably but oh well. Nice job all around

Landren (Guest)Thu 21-Sep-06 08:46 AM

#51066, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..."
In response to Reply #2

I was hoping we would get more interaction than just the one fight, grurk followers being something of a curiosity to this character. Grats on liching.

nepentheThu 21-Sep-06 09:01 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51068, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..."
In response to Reply #2

>I still dont think the
>person that reworked phylacteries did justice to the class.

I'm curious as to what you think happened. I'm aware that at one point during the period in which I wasn't playing, names got swapped around on phylacteries. At some point, scavenged phylacteries were changed to eventually decay.

Other than that, I'm 90% sure there haven't been any significant changes since the original implementation or thereabouts.

>Any and all criticism welcome, specially you neppy

I thought the whole suiciding down to 4 con thing was kind of weak, but, you know.

Other than that, a very cool character. Ironically, I think you seemed to do better as a human than a lich. I mean, obviously Nysrogh the Lich was tougher, but it felt like whenever I was watching human Nysrogh he was running around taking out the trash.

I think a Grurk human Tribunal necromancer is a tough row to hoe, but it doesn't look quite so bad as a lich. Can't gang people down? Hell, you can't group anyway. Can't use other religions healers? Hell, you really can't use most healers anyway! Etc.

Overall, a damn good effort.

ValguarneraThu 21-Sep-06 12:06 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
#51082, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..."
In response to Reply #13

I'm curious as to what you think happened. I'm aware that at one point during the period in which I wasn't playing, names got swapped around on phylacteries. At some point, scavenged phylacteries were changed to eventually decay.

Other than that, I'm 90% sure there haven't been any significant changes since the original implementation or thereabouts.

This sounds correct to me. One phylactery in particular (one of the most coveted) was corrected to its original design of being fairly rare, but that was around the time I was a mortal.

Even with all the changes, I don't think liches have much to complain about. It's still a clear step up from even mummy (which is strong in its own regard), and you match up well against any other single PC, given equal player skill.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Nysrogh (Guest)Thu 21-Sep-06 01:10 PM

#51083, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..."
In response to Reply #13

You know nepsy i wasnt knocking the change in the class I was acutally thinking more along the lines of possibilties of phylacteries and the way the mighta been implemented. Seeing how this was my first and probably only lich my knowledge of past phylacs was pretty much non existent. That being said here is something to chew on as far as the phylac system is concerned, i think as with aps liches should be rewarded for going after the toughter foes instead of multi killing the same ol muts that are runing around. At one point I considered just multi killing weakies and loading on phylacs but for what ever reason I decided against it. You ####rs are better are figuring out the nuances and developing ideas but i think maybe strengthening and weakening phylacs depending on who you kill and possibly how you kill would give a whole new element to liches.
As far as pre and post lich and your critque gotta give you that the 4 con #### was cheap. But by then I had pretty much lost interest in the char and just wanted to #### around and see what i could do, you know me always walking that line The way the whole trib thing played out i really didnt have much more to do with the char. Same with the lich badassness, most of the time I couldnt really be bothered to be uber. I coulda been a lot better but it was too much work sides i kinda wanted to imm nysrogh but I knew that wasnt gonna happen so bleh lich do what lich do

don't worry il gank you with one of my chars one of these days!

parv

Palmer (Guest)Thu 21-Sep-06 10:28 AM

#51071, "Our (few) interactions"
In response to Reply #2

I enjoyed Nysrogh and my few interactions with him. However, I must really take my hat off to you for the epic battle we engaged in. I never should have gone down there as I don't know the area that well, or at least as well as you do, but I knew I had to log off soon and wanted to finish things up. You got me in a perfect trap and for that I salute you.

Lucury (Guest)Thu 21-Sep-06 11:26 AM

#51078, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..."
In response to Reply #2

Your character was a real ass in-game, but I guess that's part of the role that comes with the lich. Nice work with the liching, though. Still, I have to wonder how you got inducted, left, inducted again and left again without invoking the wrath of some god or something.

Jeir (Guest)Thu 21-Sep-06 08:32 PM

#51089, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..."
In response to Reply #2

Good character. I really enjoyed our interaction both pre and post your tribunalness. Did the "incident" have anything to do with you leaving? If it did, and that ruined your funstick, I'm truly sorry, Nysrogh seemed so pissed at me that I wasn't sure if it was great angry roleplay or you being pissed at me. As for those couple fights, the first one I went a step too far west, and well, that just set the whole thing off on the wrong foot. I proceeded to get absolutely handled by you. Then that time on the road, I bump into you and woo-hoo, he's writhing, you step away, I'm back on you and.....scratches, stupid vampiric touch. Anyway, good job man, I was your enemy with my last too, we had good fights then. Signing off as Jeir the "petulant little worm."<---One of my favorite quotes ever from this game. Good luck on the next.

Nysrogh (Guest)Fri 22-Sep-06 01:46 PM

#51119, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..."
In response to Reply #22

Me personally? Nah im not mad at ya.
Nysrogh though well thats a whole different story, boy did you get under the characters skin. Grurk follower neccie has absolutely no love for a paladin, then you insult da father and well #### goes bad. Decision for leaving the spire rp wise was cause of jeir, ooc i just figured it was time to shut the char down and go into farewell mode which is what I pretty much did.

Nihkorzhebus (Guest)Thu 21-Sep-06 10:17 PM

#51094, "Didn't know you really, but"
In response to Reply #2

I think I had my luckiest day ever a couple days ago like the second time I ever saw you.

Summoning me already cursed and plagued up and low on health to that 50-50% (75-25% if you're crafty?) chance of fleeing me into a death trap on Corte, after failing a sleep on me...*cringe*

"You've been summoned"- I'm like crap, l w, l e, look n, dang, c word, "you failed"... oh snap, he's trying to sleep me and now I'm about to fall to my death if I can escape....yikes....

Scary stuff... but with a good, lucky feeling, I went gambling after that with a smile on my face, lost the farm, and still had a smile on my face.

Liches are scary, bro.

Erisen (Guest)Fri 22-Sep-06 02:52 PM

#51124, "Scary mofo"
In response to Reply #2

You gave me one hell of a fight with Erisen, and fighting you as Norpan was just futile. Well done. Scary lich. It wasn't your preps/phylacs that scared me, so much as your tactics. That's really commendable, it speaks highly of your skills as a player.

Nysrogh (Guest)Fri 22-Sep-06 05:49 PM

#51128, "RE: Scary mofo"
In response to Reply #27

I truly hated erisen. As a non lich necro I died to you quite a few times. You absolutely hosed me with fiend. After liching I put you down pretty good, I remember the chase around mount, outlander cabal, and finally ending in coral head. Well played bard shame you didnt stick around we woulda had some interesting fights.

Little Wizard (Guest)Fri 22-Sep-06 04:45 PM

#51127, "I was bummed out seeing this the other day..."
In response to Reply #2

I'd come across something I thought you'd really like, and poof, you're gone! Now I have to give it to someone else! I owed you one for saving my butt in Mortorn, and I'd completely forgotten about the path you took us through to get me to a healer. Glad I had the chance to run around with you for a little while, though. Seemed like a solid char.

Neb

Gmuer (Guest)Wed 27-Sep-06 12:58 PM

#51241, "####. Just...####."
In response to Reply #2

I was way hoping you would be around for a long while yet.

I had plans for you, Brother.

I won't go into details here while I'm still alive, but I will say most of them revolved around a plan to at some future time try to kill you in a nasty/backstabby way.

I think it would have been fun whether I succeeded or failed. Ahh well. It's probably a good thing I couldn't rank up to put my plans in action before you died, father might have been angry with me....heh.

merrwyn (Guest)Thu 21-Sep-06 02:31 AM

#51050, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..."
In response to Reply #0

damnit I hate fighting lich's, mummies, anything I cant tiger claw to stop casting.
I would like to say irreguardless I did well against you, though dangit I hate liches. I didnt interact with you much, only faught a few times, so I dont have much to say, other than you adapted to me keeping myself awake on guards, etc et all, and really knew how to keep yourself healthy
if you have our other logs from today, or before, please post em?

Nysrogh (Guest)Thu 21-Sep-06 03:24 AM

#51055, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..."
In response to Reply #1

You really are a pain in the ass. First with Thamuz and then with Nysrogh, you totally irritated the crap out of me. Well done I must say then again i rarerly used zombies. Something about failing animates kept making me want to delete and I figured maybe just stop animating Still well played I dig the char and the pain in the ass that you were kudos for all the fights. Sorry im not a log hound like most players, i didnt even log my hell trips as funny as they turned out to be.

Parv

merrwyn (Guest)Thu 21-Sep-06 10:34 AM

#51072, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..."
In response to Reply #5

didnt know was thamuz man sry but I have never, ever backed down, even though am not purely like other villagers. Anyway good luck with next char man

LyristeonThu 21-Sep-06 07:40 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
#51063, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..."
In response to Reply #1

Merrwyn:
There you go again with that word "irreguardless". I thought you would have learned your lesson by now.

Nysrogh:
I have to admit, I thought Nysrogh played smarter before he liched. Your own little experiment on yourself went horribly wrong and you burned your con in a way that almost made me pull you aside.

You had your moments where you were just plain nasty. There is no doubt. You don't kill near 100 people without having some capability of being deadly. That being said, many of the "faults" you are finding in the class were due to player error. I won't go into specifics because being a lich is special and should be learned by playing one.

As for the rp aspect of the character, I saw you as an evil creature and your run ins with your own cabal proved you as such.

This is by no means a knock on this character, I just felt that you missed some of the nuances that would have made you even better. It's kind of a shame because you were really starting to come into your own with 4 con left. Good luck with your next.

merrwyn (Guest)Thu 21-Sep-06 10:35 AM

#51074, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nysrogh Muouk the Eternal Crypt K..."
In response to Reply #11

Merrwyn:
There you go again with that word "irreguardless". I thought you would have learned your lesson by now.

*cry* saving comments for my age death

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #51048 Previous topic | Next topic