Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kiph the Grand Master of Artistry" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #51044
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 20-Sep-06 10:44 PM
Member since 25th Sep 2024
17181 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51044, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kiph the Grand Master of Artistry"

Wed Sep 20 22:39:53 2006

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Kiph perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:193

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kiph the Grand Master of Artis..., Kiph (Guest), 21-Sep-06 05:25 AM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kiph the Grand Master of Artis..., Landren (Guest), 21-Sep-06 08:43 AM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kiph the Grand Master of Artis..., Jeir (Guest), 21-Sep-06 10:34 PM, #6
Reply You've really got some testicular fortitude man, Rogue, 21-Sep-06 01:06 AM, #2
Reply As I already said, you were really really a pain..., Dhaezym (Guest), 20-Sep-06 11:58 PM, #1
     Reply RE: As I already said, you were really really a pain..., Kiph (Guest), 21-Sep-06 05:32 AM, #4

Kiph (Guest)Thu 21-Sep-06 05:25 AM

#51061, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kiph the Grand Master of Artis..."
In response to Reply #0

Figured I'd toss a goodbye down here . My reason for deleting is pretty much the same reason I always delete. I have something else going on right now and there wasn't enough interest in the character's progression to keep going strong. I decided it was best to scrap him instead of limping along every three days or so.

I suppose I'll mention this is my first bard (yay bards!) and the way I played them and viewed them, at least, was as a mage without inherent bash protection and better melee defense, healing and support abilities. So pretty much yes, I felt damn near unstoppable most times, and through that with my naturally suicidal playstyle and we get some interesting situations.

I was actually pleasantly suprised this time around in Fortress at how many good and interesting players there are, although there were a few really newbish ones that were standout. I hope I tried to point you all in the right direction.

I can't think of any gripes I had with any enimies for that matter either, aside from the ragers, but that's all in game stuff. I swear something like that happens anytime Battle gets numbers. It's just time to mow down everything in sight and make up thin layered excuses to do it. It was still fun fighting you guys. However getting blackjacked by a berserker, having my things stolen, and then getting 3-berserker ganked (pincer, pincer, parting block thief...yes I know it sucks) wasn't very fun.

Goodbyes!

Fortress:

Landren: Haven't seen you much around lately, but I'm glad I could squeeze some of the humor out of you in your stoic crusading. Sorry about all the trouble my songs caused your parity deal, I tried to use them only when defending myself, and I really felt you were more a pain in the ass to have around in most raid situations because of that :p. Definately something original and respectable and I liked it alot.

Chok: Fortress tag, while homosexual in its own special way, was pretty fun. You had the persistant sense of humor, though you were too soft for Kiph at times. Let the damn scribes sort out all that business!

Lauraine: Yay good healers. I'm gonna miss ya and you're dragging me around to places I'd probably mob die charging into myself, oh, and regearing, and stuff. Fun character! Thanks for all the presents, even if you never got to use mine

Merenwen: Yay good healy paladins! Yay good acolyte Arpee! Yay...oh...nevermind condying and acolyte...how did you manage to do that? Sure you were on the right side?

Mezrar: Balls to the wall man. Fun times when we were around. Always playing off my sense of humor, and kicking ass from what I saw.

It's late I can't think of any more stand out names, though I prolly forgot someone really important. Oh, thanks to the Imm who Maran'd me, I didn't really think my arpee was intricate enough nor my pk badass enough to get it that early, but I must have been doing something right.

Aren't too many enemies that stand out(But again it's late). If you had the bash legacy, I hated you. If you were a minotaur, I hated you, if you were Zhaltum and had both, I really hated you and am willing your destruction from beyond the grave.

Gistle: Three damn para's in a row, I almost made it without a single death to you, but that's what I get for staying and fighting, RNG love . Crazy drow are always fun, reminds me of a friend I have who used to play that sort of character religiously, though not to the global affect you had. Well done.

Brulgor: The fight on Kiadana stands out, though the first time I died to you I was surprised at how hard you hit me (looking at your side, as I was solituded). I wasn't the sort of person to run from a close fight if I could help it, though any one of the preps in my inventory prolly woulda changed the outcome, I thought it was fun all the same Well played warrior who also didn't run from a fight.

Krynna: A fight that neither of us would win because one of us would run was dumb. Whenever I fought you you had homefield advantage, so it was usually me running. You were still a hard hitting force to be reckoned with, and it got close a couple of times. Fun stuff.

Crulvane: I can't believe I died to a defense/air shifter I really give credit to the galadon guards! It's not so bad knowing who the player was, but that combo was no where near as scary as the one I faced against Harkan. Displacer beast wasn't that scary to me aside from the tiger damage of it, and there wasn't much I could do to you prepped except scare you off with dirge of solitude, which I tried to do as often as possible . Good times.

Low int races: Thanks for padding my pk ratio, without all those fire giants and orcs in the world, I wouldn't have had nearly the fun I did! Special props to you if you tried to fight me even though I tried to flee/sleep you because you had the bash legacy.

Others:
Kiamae: I appreciate you trying to talk me in without getting aggresive about it, I thought it was cool. I always tried to avoid the cities while wanted if you were there unless I was chasing wounded peoples, but yes. Too bad that one time I actually did offer to turn myself in didn't work out, maybe things would have been different after that.

That's it for now, if you want to post, and I'll respond if I think of something I meant to say about you!

Kiph was brought to you by Fricket, proud creator of

Levan
Shisi
Tib
Krelissa
Friblet
Gaf
and some really old unnamed other losers.

Landren (Guest)Thu 21-Sep-06 08:43 AM

#51065, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kiph the Grand Master of Artis..."
In response to Reply #3

Landren: Haven't seen you much around lately, but I'm glad I could squeeze some of the humor out of you in your stoic crusading. Sorry about all the trouble my songs caused your parity deal, I tried to use them only when defending myself, and I really felt you were more a pain in the ass to have around in most raid situations because of that :p. Definately something original and respectable and I liked it alot.

The last 2 (3?) weeks have been unbelievably rough timewise. I will however be back in the game this evening if everything goes according to plan. Up until today I've only had enough time to check the boards occasionally from work if I'm lucky. In the end *I* liked Kiph even if Landren didn't. It seemed like your personality really took on form once you got maran'd. And yeah, I realize I'm more of a liability more often than not, consider it part of the fun All in all I'd say you were a solid asset, if I had a more group oriented role I'm sure we would have gotten along well and been able to cause much damage.

Jeir (Guest)Thu 21-Sep-06 10:34 PM

#51095, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Kiph the Grand Master of Artis..."
In response to Reply #3

We didn't always see eye to eye, but a good character in any case, we didn't interact much, but I got the vibe that you were tough and ballsy, good job and good luck on the next.

RogueThu 21-Sep-06 01:06 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#51047, "You've really got some testicular fortitude man"
In response to Reply #0

Fought you with Ustil, fought you with Barelon, and damn
near everytime I was on the run, regardless of prepping.
Very nicely done.

Dhaezym (Guest)Wed 20-Sep-06 11:58 PM

#51045, "As I already said, you were really really a pain..."
In response to Reply #0

That time in the Galadon sewers against Ogbuk, Gistle and I, I could not believe your balls.

Well done.

Kiph (Guest)Thu 21-Sep-06 05:32 AM

#51062, "RE: As I already said, you were really really a pain..."
In response to Reply #1

I try, I feel really sorry for the link dead business, I thought you were moving around, but I think it turned out that you were following Valryn around.

Always fun fighting against a healer, because you make the songs not work as easily. Sometimes I'd try to get creative, sometimes I'd just try to catch you when you weren't ready (in the sewers ) The only reason I survived that was lack of organization, and I damn well nearly had you all if not for gistle's damn immunity to sleep, that wasn't the first time he messed things up!

Anyhow, good luck with whatever else you do next, I'm sure it'll be good.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #51044 Previous topic | Next topic