Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gonderand the Benefactor of Charit..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50868
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 15-Sep-06 02:04 AM
Member since 25th Sep 2024
17181 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50868, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gonderand the Benefactor of Charity"

Fri Sep 15 02:01:31 2006

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Gonderand perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:paladin
Level:34
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:107

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply PBF help if someone can give the hook-up. txt, Gonderand (Guest), 17-Sep-06 04:06 PM, #9
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gonderand the Benefactor of Ch..., Gonderand (Guest), 15-Sep-06 02:22 AM, #1
     Reply bummer, Angrelm (Guest), 15-Sep-06 09:18 AM, #2
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gonderand the Benefactor of Ch..., Fadderth (Guest), 15-Sep-06 10:50 AM, #3
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gonderand the Benefactor of Ch..., Azilaph (Guest), 15-Sep-06 11:25 AM, #4
     Reply As for the sword. txt, Gonderand (Guest), 17-Sep-06 03:52 PM, #7
          Reply RE: As for the sword. txt, Azilaph (Guest), 18-Sep-06 10:25 AM, #10
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gonderand the Benefactor of Ch..., Landren (Guest), 15-Sep-06 11:29 AM, #5
     Reply Majority personality changes when I hit the Fortress tx..., Gonderand (Guest), 17-Sep-06 04:00 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gonderand the Benefactor of Ch..., Daelen (Guest), 15-Sep-06 12:00 PM, #6

Gonderand (Guest)Sun 17-Sep-06 04:06 PM

#50972, "PBF help if someone can give the hook-up. txt"
In response to Reply #0

Id generally do this myself but both me and my dad just got laid-off and its going to be hard enough both to feed and provide heat this winter. The only reason I have the internet still on is my 1 year contract with my crappy ass dial up provider. So if someone can give the hook-up on PBF, my role will be in there for anyone who wants to read it. Ive been told its really good. Also when I'm settled in school and find another job, ill be able to spread good-wills Karma.

Gonderand - Even Angels Die

Gonderand (Guest)Fri 15-Sep-06 02:22 AM

#50869, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gonderand the Benefactor of Ch..."
In response to Reply #0

When I started this character I had one direction for him and he ended up going a different one. As time progressed I just found the character harder and harder to play due to Cabal Members, a Current War, certain Enemies. But most of all, I hit a total snag on the solo ranking. I had a lot of fun and there are way too many goodbyes to start posting at 3am. Ill respond to everyone who posts. By the by, this was my first Paladin and I had a blast.

Peace, EvenAngelsDie

Angrelm (Guest)Fri 15-Sep-06 09:18 AM

#50885, "bummer"
In response to Reply #1

I don't usually post with "live" characters...but:

I liked Gonderand. And I understand 100% why you deleted. To stack the prospect of solo-leveling a storm paladin with the rest of the stuff you were going through would be enough to try anyone's patience.

Roll something else, though. From our (albeit limited) interaction, I think you had a good thing going.

Do you mind sharing what your original direction was, and where you ended up going with the character?

Fadderth (Guest)Fri 15-Sep-06 10:50 AM

#50888, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gonderand the Benefactor of Ch..."
In response to Reply #1

I liked Gonderand as brave and strong fighter who knew much things. And was not afraid to be on when few Fortress on. Create a new paladin and give Eshval's pets and Scions more death or fight young crops of Empire well.

Azilaph (Guest)Fri 15-Sep-06 11:25 AM

#50889, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gonderand the Benefactor of Ch..."
In response to Reply #1

Ok, I have to say, that damn virtue is just really crazy ####, making you a better warrior than a warrior!

But seriously, we had only one period of real interaction, last night, and I thought you did very well, rp wise as well as fighting. I haven't a clue what your role or initial diretion were but the temporary conflict created last night was a great way to give your character some fuel to either go back to your initial direction, or change it. Might have been fun. Despite what you might think, I thought you behaved and spoke exactly as a paladin in your position would. Though what was up with your love of that vengeance sword? Dude, it was like you'd lost your blankie! ;P

Sorry to see you go, thought we'd have years of respectful banter ahead of us. Good luck and make some more chars.

Gonderand (Guest)Sun 17-Sep-06 03:52 PM

#50970, "As for the sword. txt"
In response to Reply #4

It was my weapon of choice for ranking. It seemed the only weapon where I was able to rank fast enough solo to keep up with about 1/3rd of what a group would be able too. Thanks for the comments, I started losing control of the character when you and Mezrik started ganking me before I even touched the giant. Later that night I lost aboiut 13 other weapons to dirt/disarm and ended up dying I think twice to Mezrik. Oh well, thems the beans and ill try to come up with another character sometime in the future.

Azilaph (Guest)Mon 18-Sep-06 10:25 AM

#50994, "RE: As for the sword. txt"
In response to Reply #7

I never ganked you man. Don't know why you say that. Don't know what to say about the sword though, sure vengeance is a good sword, but it's not all that and a bag of chips. And just one reboot and you'd have it back. Anyway, good luck with that future character.

Landren (Guest)Fri 15-Sep-06 11:29 AM

#50890, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gonderand the Benefactor of Ch..."
In response to Reply #1

That is a shame. I saw a lot of potential for Gonderand and was hoping he'd make it. With what seemed like the effort you put into the background of him, I thought you would stick it out so I'm kind of curious about the problems you had that would make you delete. Good luck with your next and hope it works about better for you.

Gonderand (Guest)Sun 17-Sep-06 04:00 PM

#50971, "Majority personality changes when I hit the Fortress tx..."
In response to Reply #5

My largest problem was that Gonderand was set to be a badass and strict Paladin. My whole character basis had its own Paladin Code, own Immortal Patron that no one had ever heard of, and a background I was hoping to eventually get around too. In the Fortress I became more 'friendly and talkative' which I never really wanted to come around. Also, when I ask others not to farken sanc/heal/sing to me, don't farken do it alright? I can understand songs since they affect everyone in the room at the same time, but directed spells and supplications in my role was a no-no. I would have PKed or tried to PK Dynstai that one time.

As for you. I liked the character when you were around. Some inspiration for my grinded mind. I tried to do the solo thing, but when you get 250xp from Razor Mobs its really farken hard to rank. Especially when you tank like a human axe spec and have to rest every couple kills.

Thanks for all the aid. The bracelets helped a lot in the low levels.

Daelen (Guest)Fri 15-Sep-06 12:00 PM

#50894, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Gonderand the Benefactor of Ch..."
In response to Reply #1

I liked this guy, we probably would have ended up with some disagreements somewhere down the line, but I'd have still liked him even in the midst of all that. Awesome job for a first paladin by the way. I tried the solo ranking bit and I just don't seem to have the patience for it. Best of luck with whatever you go to next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50868 Previous topic | Next topic