Subject: "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Merenwen S'fiya the Blade of Char..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50652
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 07-Sep-06 01:28 AM
Member since 25th Sep 2024
17181 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50652, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Merenwen S'fiya the Blade of Charity, Acolyte of the Golden Sun"

Thu Sep 7 01:25:18 2006

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Merenwen perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:245

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Merenwen S'fiya the Blade of ..., Martoonie, 07-Sep-06 05:26 PM, #1
     Reply Fun fighting you., Morior (Guest), 07-Sep-06 09:53 PM, #2
     Reply Morior, Martoonie, 07-Sep-06 11:10 PM, #3
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Merenwen S'fiya the Blade of ..., Dynstai (Guest), 08-Sep-06 12:20 AM, #4
     Reply Excellent Acolyte,, Zhal (Guest), 08-Sep-06 01:31 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Excellent Acolyte,, Martoonie, 09-Sep-06 12:59 AM, #13
     Reply Goodbye Sister., Gonderand (Guest), 08-Sep-06 01:52 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Goodbye Sister., Martoonie, 08-Sep-06 11:38 AM, #8
     Reply Damn you!, Lauraine (Guest), 08-Sep-06 10:12 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Damn you!, Martoonie, 08-Sep-06 11:42 AM, #9
     Reply *Sniffle*, Kiph (Guest), 08-Sep-06 11:52 AM, #10
     Reply RE: *Sniffle*, Martoonie, 09-Sep-06 01:02 AM, #14
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Merenwen S'fiya the Blade of ..., Jhyrbian, 08-Sep-06 01:58 PM, #11
     Reply Sluge, Martoonie, 09-Sep-06 01:08 AM, #15
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Merenwen S'fiya the Blade of ..., Meyrshal (Guest), 08-Sep-06 04:34 PM, #12
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Merenwen S'fiya the Blade of ..., Jeir (Guest), 09-Sep-06 11:53 AM, #16
     Reply Jeir, Merenwen (Guest), 14-Sep-06 02:14 AM, #18
     Reply Good char, Corrlaan, 11-Sep-06 09:47 PM, #17
          Reply Empowerment via Corrlaan.., Merenwen (Guest), 14-Sep-06 02:24 AM, #19
               Reply Hah, Corrlaan, 14-Sep-06 09:26 AM, #20

MartoonieThu 07-Sep-06 05:26 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2005
42 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#50666, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Merenwen S'fiya the Blade of ..."
In response to Reply #0

I gave myself overnight to think about what I wanted to say..

I still have nothing really coming to me, but I will do my best here.

Immortal Staff: I have mixed feelings, obviously, but I stand by my previous statements that I feel you do a fine job. Perhaps in the future all things can be reconsidered. I hope the issues have been made clearer and can be resloved eventually. To the Immortal/Immortals that helped me with the added constitution I thank you.

Corrlaan: Thank you so much for giving me that chance, the very cool virtue and the nifty title. I should have added more of a role for you to work with, but aaas I have stated before; when you do a ton of work for Eshval you tend to run out of good ideas and I did ot want to dissapoint you.

Fortress: Lauriane thank you for teaching me so much, Guendhyr, Landren, ahh heck all of you. I don't want to keep writing names out here. There were so many of you that stood out that it would take me more writing than i am willing to give right now. Meyrshal I'm glad you got back in, you were good company.

Imperials: Mmumma and Skiltore, I loved fighting the two of you. Always fun and I learned a lot in the process. Thank you. You were both excellent in my book.

Altin: You scare me OOC and IC.

Kryss: Loved our small chats. You are a great provoker and very unpredictable.

Jeir: Thank you.

One last mention and I'll be done..

Mezrar: Sometimes you could just annoy the bejezzus out of me and sometimes I thought coke was going to shoot out my nose from laughing so hard. OOC I took it a little too hard when you were gone.

I hope all of you got something from Merenwen that was positive. I know I did.

Thank you for all the interaction both mortal and immortal. You guys make the game worth playing. I guess thats why I have stuck it out more than a decade.

Sluge and Qzeg: If you have that last fight logged, I'd love to see it sometime.

I think I'll go watch some Firefly now and take it easy till I can come up with a new concept. Something that actually has background.

Again, thanks.

~Moiz~

P.S. I'm a little short on funds for a while. If someone doesn't mind picking up my PBF I'd really appreciate it.

Morior (Guest)Thu 07-Sep-06 09:53 PM

#50667, "Fun fighting you."
In response to Reply #1

Paladins 'r scary. Wrath is just mean to duergar =(

I remember when you four Fortress were sieging the palace with Mmumma, Skilty, and me defending with Barelon out of range helping us, and you guys spent like forty-five minutes going for the whole summon/entwine thing. You got me eventually. Man, if only Mmumma actually managed to summon you, things would have turned out differently. I was sad for a long time because of that. =(

MartoonieThu 07-Sep-06 11:10 PM
42 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#50674, "Morior"
In response to Reply #2

That dagger of yours was as mean as they come. I never could find a weapon I could maintain the strength to weild once you got me with even one ability. Good fights. Just glad I got my summon in first.

Dynstai (Guest)Fri 08-Sep-06 12:20 AM

#50677, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Merenwen S'fiya the Blade of ..."
In response to Reply #1

I am not much for goodbyes, since I am sure we will interact again at some point. But I like Merenwen, dedicated and sure of herself. The last night you played her, was fun for me, thank you. See you around.

Zhal (Guest)Fri 08-Sep-06 01:31 AM

#50679, "Excellent Acolyte,"
In response to Reply #1

Just work on the suicidal bit a little huh?

MartoonieSat 09-Sep-06 12:59 AM
42 posts
#50729, "RE: Excellent Acolyte,"
In response to Reply #5

I really wasn't trying to be suicidal all the time I just was not on at great times as far as support went. I usually went in with all the preps I know how to obtain, but there simply is no escaping the bash beasts. Liked the fights though.

Gonderand (Guest)Fri 08-Sep-06 01:52 AM

#50680, "Goodbye Sister."
In response to Reply #1

Not going to let too much slip here. But I loved Merenwen the character and when you died it affected me personally to a degree. Thanks for the insight.

Gonderand

MartoonieFri 08-Sep-06 11:38 AM
42 posts
#50705, "RE: Goodbye Sister."
In response to Reply #6

I thought it was a rather touching moment myself. Good send off. Gonderand is a great character and I was serious when I said if you keep it up you'll accomplish great things.

Lauraine (Guest)Fri 08-Sep-06 10:12 AM

#50701, "Damn you!"
In response to Reply #1

I went around begging cons for you and then you just die away like that! Thats sad! If I didn't remember wrongly, you're the first I spoke to about Corrlaan, and first I inducted. But damn! You're the first to con die too! I always thought that you and another elf is a leader material, but damn you didn't make it. Curses! Well, good character, too much death, but nevertheless good character. See you around!

MartoonieFri 08-Sep-06 11:42 AM
42 posts
#50706, "RE: Damn you!"
In response to Reply #7

I'm honored that I got so many firsts from you. As for the role of leadership I oddly enough hadthe same conversation with Corrlaan and I cannot speak for him, but he seemed to be in agreement with me. Any takers on the "Whos gonna be da leader" pool?

Okay, I'm not nearly as funny as The IMPS, but I try.

Thank you for watching me close and seeing the potential in this character. I had almost no role so it really took roleplay to get anywhere. Live long. The Fort needs you.

~Moiz~

Kiph (Guest)Fri 08-Sep-06 11:52 AM

#50707, "*Sniffle*"
In response to Reply #1

You were very...well it almost seemed soft from the allies point of view, very gentle. From what I saw of you (it was never the billions of deaths you apperently had in a short period ) you played out an acolyte very well. Thanks to you and Mez both for taking me places I'd never been before, and also just messing around with my nonsense during the random ranking sessions and exploration trips. It's always fun to have someone who contributes a bit to the humor(This goes double for all those hard-assed Fortress priests). Anyhow, good luck with your next, and you'll be missed.

MartoonieSat 09-Sep-06 01:02 AM
42 posts
#50730, "RE: *Sniffle*"
In response to Reply #10

You are an absolute maniac. I had no doubt you'd be made Maran. I have played bards, but recently they have seemed to become an even bigger threat to any and all classes against them. I enjoyed dragging you about, I always had a good time with you. Thanks for the positive feedback and I hope you enjoy your time remaining with the Fort.

JhyrbianFri 08-Sep-06 01:58 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50712, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Merenwen S'fiya the Blade of ..."
In response to Reply #1

Unfortunately I don't have that fight logged, sorry. It was basically just tons of bashing.

Sluge

MartoonieSat 09-Sep-06 01:08 AM
42 posts
#50731, "Sluge"
In response to Reply #11

Think it was a riot that you ended up being Sluge. We have fought against each other for years and you always seem to come up higher on the wins. Maybe next time I'll get some justice. Anyhow sorry you deleted, I liked Sluge. Good to have you back in the fields again in some capacity. Try not to junkie out on the XBox too much and visit from time to time.

Meyrshal (Guest)Fri 08-Sep-06 04:34 PM

#50723, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Merenwen S'fiya the Blade of ..."
In response to Reply #1

Thanks. It's good to be back. There's several competent players in Fortress, and you were definitely one of them. Solid Acolyte. Wish I had been able to learn more about your style of RP, but alas, we did not bump into each other too often.

See you in the Fields.

Jeir (Guest)Sat 09-Sep-06 11:53 AM

#50739, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Merenwen S'fiya the Blade of ..."
In response to Reply #1

Umm, you're welcome? Great character, I totally got the acolyte vibe from you all the time. I enjoyed our conversations, brief though they usually were. Its a shame you died, I think for the most part, this group of forties are a well roleplayed bunch, and you definetly stand out amongst them. Good job and good luck with your next.

Merenwen (Guest)Thu 14-Sep-06 02:14 AM

#50842, "Jeir"
In response to Reply #16

I thanked you for a very good reason.
The second I forgot how to be a paladin and not some pissed off, I was just ganged thrice, bloodthirsty a**, all I had to do was talk to you and I was right in role again. You, in my humble opinion; Hell, it's my opinion so I'm not going to ever say it's humble, played a great paladin and were a great template to follow.

So again.. Thank you.

CorrlaanMon 11-Sep-06 09:47 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2005
195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50799, "Good char"
In response to Reply #1

No problem man, I'm a sucker for a hard luck case. Ha! Anyways..Im glad you enjoyed your playing time. Im not looking for an epic tale of good vs evil and loves gained and lost in a role.

But something...has to be there. I view empowerment as something that you have to earn to play the cool classes like Paladins, Healers, Druids, etc. It shouldnt be super easy..but a marginal amount of effort will get you what you need. Virtues are different. So yeah..I had to nudge you to get you to at least do 'something' in the role department.

Roles help! Write it on a post-it and stick it on your monitor people! (not directed at you Merenwen)

Anyways..one of my trio of old Forties..Good job! Now I'll have to empower a bunch of lowbies and watch them all grow up.

Good luck with your next.

Corrlaan followers are NICE. With a capital NICE!

Merenwen (Guest)Thu 14-Sep-06 02:24 AM

#50843, "Empowerment via Corrlaan.."
In response to Reply #17

I wish I had logged it, it was funny, but you were great about it. About as subtle as a brick to the head too.

*Mind you folks, this is in less than a thirty seconds time span.*

Corrlaan says, "You know, if you had a ROLE you might perchance see a bit more happen."

Corrlaan says, "Without a ROLE, I really have no idea what you want of me, or what I can do for you."

Corrlaan says, "So perhaps if you got a ROLE I'll know what sort of person you are and be able to see your VIRTUES accordingly."

I realised then it was probably a good idea to start a paladin off with a role. AND not just one that you wrote because Corrlaan reminded you that you might be mildly retarded for not thinking of it before level 41 or so.

Again, thank you, you made the character a lot of fun.

CorrlaanThu 14-Sep-06 09:26 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2005
195 posts
#50845, "Hah"
In response to Reply #19

Yeah..well. I must have been feeling very obvious that day.

Some people like my brand of interaction...some people don't. Im glad you enjoyed it.

Corrlaan followers are NICE. With a capital NICE!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50652 Previous topic | Next topic