Subject: "Another trapper is gone." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50651
Show all folders

Reeka (Guest)Thu 07-Sep-06 12:50 AM

#50651, "Another trapper is gone."

Well, that was my first thief. To the final end I was full of desire to find descent ingredients to fill the hero range with terror of traps. Well.. I failed. Strongest ingredient I found was around forthy forth rank and it was for the glowing trap I ended running in hero range with just perhaps shield block and weapon trip only useful skills from my path. Such a skill less thief sucked for sure.

Then I got "promotion" in my job, got more responsibilies and less playing time, so I've got no more time to waste running around the world searching for the ingredients and I decided to retire.

Overall my view on trappers - gentlewalk rocks! Shield block, combat steal, weapon trip - are very handy and make a nasty surprise for enemies. Detect traps is sometimes very handy as well.
Traps - completely suck! I managed to trap just about five or so people at middle ranks and it missed about ten times more even with descent ingredients. At least my POV. And I completely dont understand why it should be such a pain to find ingredients... That was a challenge, I failed to win.

Good byes:

Valryn - thanks for RP, thanks for promotion, you was great from the first meeting to the end. You believed in me, yet Reeka wasnt even close to the strength she boasted about and seeked to aquire. I've slain quite a number of enemies, yet it were combats with preps and knife/trip style.

Craglorg or however your name is spelled - you gave me quite a hints to earn gold and I've improved your methods quite a lot later. Funny you kept noticing me stealing from other imperials. Tough blade and hope you will keep trucking.

Other shadows - you really should learn the Sect laws well and stop playing Shadows like the Blades or Divines.

Mezrik and hrm.. do not remember the name of the villager arial warrior, whom we travelled since the very beginning - you guys were great. That was very inspring for me that you managed to consider me friend even when I joined empire and fought you. Quite RP of a friends being split by the greater virtues, yet being able to keep the friendship.

Mmummma - stop damn casting aeristea on the trusting cabal mates! That will make them die one day.

Arantyr - great battles overall. You was a briantangle in the ass.

All other outlander rangers - Fortress should really think about cutting down the trees near their outer! That is getting rediculous how you love this place.

See ya! I will keep to caballess chars for now I think. At least till I settle my "responsibilies".
If someone will be eager to pay for PBF, I will be grateful. I got some divine experience and seek to know what for!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Pro (inactive user)Thu 07-Sep-06 04:44 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

They are a neat concept but suck all to play.

Valryn (Guest)Thu 07-Sep-06 03:26 PM

#50663, "RE: Another trapper is gone."
In response to Reply #0

>Valryn - thanks for RP, thanks for promotion, you was great
>from the first meeting to the end. You believed in me, yet
>Reeka wasnt even close to the strength she boasted about and
>seeked to aquire. I've slain quite a number of enemies, yet it
>were combats with preps and knife/trip style.

You're welcome. I actually hardly trusted your character, which is about half the reason you got your promotion. As you mention to the other Shadows....we're not Blades, or Divines, or Blacks. I don't nessecarily expect the Sect to do a lot of killing. If you can kill, great, but I want people who're smart and crafty. If you're making me worry, then you're probably doing a pretty damned good job. I've got a few other Shadows whom I wouldn't even trust as far as I could throw 'em, and I've heard people outside the Sect comment about it. They're probably my favorites, since they're definately gonna end up keeping people on their toes.

Yhorian (Guest)Thu 07-Sep-06 04:40 PM

#50664, "I've never met your char..."
In response to Reply #2

But it sounds like a damn good way to run the shadow sect. Rock on.

Yhorian.

DurNominatorThu 07-Sep-06 05:09 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50654, "RE: Another trapper is gone."
In response to Reply #0

>All other outlander rangers - Fortress should really think
>about cutting down the trees near their outer! That is getting
>rediculous how you love this place.

It's a good place to hunt for Outlander rangers who hate your guts. After all, Fort and Outlander are the only cabals in wilderness where their enemies frequent. You should take the Outlanders as factor in there. I remember when Heyral and I were grouped with the Maran cobra(I was helping the two to rank up) and you went retrieving. We got the word that you were there, so we went there to kill you and Heyral killed you safely. I just can't help wondering why you came there to die over and over again after that when there was no way you were going to win and we all felt bad for you. I don't think a trapper thief(or generally thief) isn't very suited for situations where the thief is the prime target of a large number of people. Btw, we ended up fighting the Fort conjie(even though we were both goodies) when you weren't there, so we were somewhat kept there by the fighting.

Anyway, good luck with the job and things.

-Dur/Theannian

Reeka (Guest)Fri 08-Sep-06 03:45 AM

#50681, "RE: Another trapper is gone."
In response to Reply #1

Well. that was a sarcasm, you know. When I played outlander ranger I was sitting there as well
What concerns my running back and dying few times ( I died about three times there) - I was already about to delete and Maran was convulsing already. Also I wanted to see if I tried to do my best making fortress fight with you and perhaps loot someone or kill from behind. Overall I just wanted to do something before deletion.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50651 Previous topic | Next topic