Subject: "The Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50508
Show all folders

Skiltore (Guest)Thu 31-Aug-06 11:59 PM

#50508, "The Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor!"

It will show up as a rage delete when it comes up, but I really wasn't angry when I deleted. Okay, I was a bit embarassed about my last death, that's true, although it could've been easily avoided if I wasn't bored and hence, overagressive.

I had a lot of fun with this character. Too much fun, maybe, and that's probably why I played so much, much to my detriment in real life. I've been putting off doing real work for far too long and I really need to start getting productive. When I'm caught up in CF, exploding my character and deleting is the only way I know how to do it. I guess I'm a bit obsessive.

I made Skiltore initially to deal with the huge fortress gangs that I experienced when playing Imperial warriors. I hoped that a bard could do what a warrior could not, and I was right. Bards are extremely powerful, and Imperial bards are just that much more, due to imperial training. Oh yeah, Emperor powers are nice too, but you all know that already.

Over time, things really began to swing. The Empire grew into power; I really think that just like an AP can have a snowball affect, so can a cabal. The stronger a cabal gets, the easier it is for those people in the cabal to get great eq and to rank up new cabal members. I really think that's what plays a huge part in the pendulum. That said, while it felt good to do to the Fortress and Village what had been done to me in the past, it did tend to get old. Raid, lowbie retrieve, raid, lowbie retrieve, occassional hero retrieval attempt (and occassional success). It gets boring and starts to feel like work. Somewhere along the line, I also feel like I lost the spark to what my character initially was - a crafty little deceiver. All raids and no roleplay make Skiltore a dull boy.

I considered applying to immort, but I just don't think I have the motivation to do the work of an immortal.

Farewells:

Imms:

Grurk - I've (almost) always liked you. I thought you were great this time around and you really let me do my thing. Sorry to delete so soon after becoming Emperor, but I hope you enjoyed seeing your cabal on top after being in the ####ter for so long.

Lyristeon - You were always entertaining and I loved the interaction from you. Getting tattooed by you probably would've been pretty funny, or at least very unexpected for an Emperor. But I deleted, so I guess that's not happening now.

Mortals:

Man, is being Emperor ever a trip. People kiss your ass left and right. In general, it makes things so much easier. Allies will follow you around and cb if you're in a fight. People would give me nice eq all the time. I'm almost tempted to say that the asskissery was the strongest Emperor power there was.

I'll try to keep these farewells brief. I'll also rate people's asskissery in stars on a scale of 0 to 5.

Also, to any I mentioned this to - sorry that we never took the hell trip I talked about planning.

Dhaezym - ***** I enjoyed your character, even though Skiltore never really trusted you.

Blughurn - *** You were a great ally to have and you were always willing to throw down.

Mmumma - * Not much ass kissing from you. Much more of a take charge guy. You reminded me a lot of Blughurn for some reason. I was often bewildered and sometimes annoyed at how often we thought and said the exact same thing at the exact same time. I had fun running around with you, though, and wish you the best with your character.

Gistle - ** I'm giving you two stars because for you, not attacking me was actually kissing my ass a little.

Morior - *** I already posted in your farewell, so, umm.. whatever I said there.

Brulgor - ** I'm giving you a couple of stars too, because even though you became an enemy, you said some stuff that was flattering when coming from a foe. It's too bad I had to anathema you, because you would have made my choice for War Master much easier in the future. I'm pretty sure you were targetting "re" for Rektath and then accidently lashed Remerinac instead. I didn't understand how you could accidently entwine, switch weapons and flurry while I told you to stop, though. After he died to you, I had to make you anathema even if it was initially a mistake on your part.

Barelon - **** Similar comments to what I had for Dhaezym, but one notch less on the ass kissing scale.

Lafashya - **** I liked what I saw so far, but you were a relatively new character to me and I never really got into it.

Khargurln - * Man, you really stick with a character. That's one thing I've never been able to do. I generally explode like this or fizzle out, but you seem to have stuck with it and remained a beast the whole time.

Som - * Thanks for the last item you traded to me!

Mhruan - ** You seemed to be a good guy. Good luck with everything.

Sluge - I didn't really know your character well, but I love your name. Many a times I felt like running around yelling "SLLLUUUGGGEEEE!", but I just didn't think it was very Emperorish.

Rest of the Blades - I never got a good feel for you all, which was why I was having trouble picking a new War Master. Zhaltum probably would've been it if he played more, but considering Zhaltum was around with my past two hero imperial warriors and had low playing times and long absences, I didn't think it would be right to make him War Master.

Shadows - it was hard to keep track of you all. I picked Valryn as Shadow Lord for reasons I'll keep IC, but mostly because Skiltore was glad when there was internal strife amongst the council.

I'm probably leaving out some allies, and there's a lot of enemies I won't mention because I can only type so much before I get bored. I'll say this - most of my enemies I really didn't like as a player, but a few of them I did. If I actually talked to you, I probably liked you. I tried my best to avoid trash talk most of the time, and so I wouldn't respond to many of the obvious insults and crap.

Anyways, here's to hoping CF survives and here's to hoping CF dies.

Thank you and #### you for the great game, imms.

- Jagaub

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: The Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor!, Kharghurln (Guest), 06-Sep-06 12:45 PM, #32
Reply RE: The Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor!, merrwyn (Guest), 03-Sep-06 04:10 PM, #27
Reply Thanks - about preps, though, since people seem to thin..., Jagaub, 03-Sep-06 05:32 PM, #28
     Reply RE: Thanks - about preps, though, since people seem to ..., merrwyn (Guest), 03-Sep-06 06:01 PM, #29
          Reply Claw damage is slashing. Not blunt. ~, _Magus_ (Guest), 03-Sep-06 06:39 PM, #30
               Reply Disregard. Read it wrong., _Magus_ (Guest), 03-Sep-06 06:40 PM, #31
Reply Bards, Bard Blades and Bard Emperors, Guendhyr (Guest), 02-Sep-06 03:41 PM, #26
Reply Among the best, Craglork (Guest), 02-Sep-06 12:55 PM, #25
Reply Hmm, thats too bad, Draktel (Guest), 01-Sep-06 10:31 PM, #24
Reply Why is that everytime I get an enemy, Chokiare (Guest), 01-Sep-06 08:50 PM, #22
Reply RE: The Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor!, Grurk Muouk, 01-Sep-06 12:55 PM, #19
Reply Aand..., Mmumma (Guest), 01-Sep-06 12:45 PM, #18
Reply Don't worry I'll always kick out 5 bucks for the good o..., Money bag (Guest), 01-Sep-06 06:36 PM, #21
     Reply Don't bother. I've already paid for my pbf, it'll just ..., Jagaub, 01-Sep-06 09:21 PM, #23
Reply RE: The Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor!, Brulgor (Guest), 01-Sep-06 12:21 PM, #16
Reply Fun to play with!, Morior (Guest), 01-Sep-06 10:46 AM, #13
Reply RE: Fun to play with!, Jagaub, 01-Sep-06 11:17 AM, #14
     Reply Thats damn evil-cool, Yhorian (Guest), 01-Sep-06 11:39 AM, #15
Reply Bards are scary!, Gistle (Guest), 01-Sep-06 07:37 AM, #11
Reply RE: The Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor!, Kiph (Guest), 01-Sep-06 05:45 AM, #9
Reply RE: The Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor!, Lyristeon, 01-Sep-06 05:41 AM, #8
Reply I thought it would have been more fun if..., Jagaub, 01-Sep-06 03:45 PM, #20
Reply RE: The Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor!, Mmumma (Guest), 01-Sep-06 05:32 AM, #7
Reply This is no good:(, L (Guest), 01-Sep-06 05:14 AM, #6
Reply Well.., Adhelard. (Guest), 01-Sep-06 02:34 AM, #5
Reply RE: The Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor!, Meyrshal (Guest), 01-Sep-06 02:00 AM, #4
Reply Well done man Well ####ing done, Zhaltum (Guest), 01-Sep-06 01:27 AM, #3
Reply You were everything I wish I could be...You are the win..., Dhaezym (Guest), 01-Sep-06 12:14 AM, #1
     Reply I know it might be not nice to say it..., Krynna (Guest), 01-Sep-06 12:30 AM, #2
          Reply Don't worry. Soon you will have to set snares again. nt, Mmumma (Guest), 01-Sep-06 06:35 AM, #10
               Reply Oh, I am not worried, Krynna (Guest), 01-Sep-06 09:42 AM, #12
                    Reply RE: Oh, I am not worried, Mmumma (Guest), 01-Sep-06 12:40 PM, #17

Kharghurln (Guest)Wed 06-Sep-06 12:45 PM

#50647, "RE: The Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor!"
In response to Reply #0

Yeah, I've really enjoyed this character, learned a lot as well, so I'm not ready to throw in the towel.

When I lost Empress, I pretty much knew you were next in line, that's how good you were. Best PK bard I've ever dealt with, hands down; you were a force and (I thought) a really good leader. Empire was definitely turned around, and I give you full credit for that.

I agree with your assessment of how constant raiding/defending can dilute RP to a certain extent. There's just less time to do all the little emotes/says/tells/etc. that you normally do to add depth to your character. Still fun, though!

Look forward to seeing another great character!

merrwyn (Guest)Sun 03-Sep-06 04:10 PM

#50603, "RE: The Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor!"
In response to Reply #0

dude. A bard is emporer, with all four sect powers.
Me, a villager, with 19 cha (20 max) with no ability to get resist mental, and not even flight.
ICK
You are the near sole reason my con is where it is. I wont die any time soon, but I think I lost a total of 8 con to you/you and others.

You were literally the force behind everything with the empire, being on so much literally. Now there is like.. nothing to fight. Ever.
Its really and truly sad.
Mages on hero range at moment - 0, scions / empirials - 0
eh

You made things ineresting, and tough, and I hope you hated it when I killed someone of yours while you were on etc eheh.
Also sorry about the assassination attempts, my char figured only way to best you was for that, I have 0 assassinations, so
noone else has given me cause to assassinate them. I only attempted mumma twice because he was with you, and thats it.

Anyway, you kicked alot of ass, you prepped out the ass. You were easily the best emporer I have seen, and I remember all the way back to kah.
get your life back together then make a new char dangit
take care man, and see ya in the fields

JagaubSun 03-Sep-06 05:32 PM
Member since 28th Oct 2003
59 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50609, "Thanks - about preps, though, since people seem to thin..."
In response to Reply #27

Stoneform + bard resist was all I really needed in most cases. The exception was when I was fighting multiple people, I'd sometimes toss on haste, protection vs good and on occassion aura.

Also, if I had a healer with me, of course I'd be sancted.

Generally speaking, I prepped as much as I did in that Rektath log I posted. Quaff fly, good to go.

Five scale + stoneform + bard resist + imperial defenses really is a whole lot of defense.

merrwyn (Guest)Sun 03-Sep-06 06:01 PM

#50610, "RE: Thanks - about preps, though, since people seem to ..."
In response to Reply #28

five scale is only blunt, which really affected me most for claw and such and kicks also never getting a cursed weapon, tactics auto disarm really made the five scale valuable.
perm stone skin from stone form, bard resist and fly yaeh that is a bit, but through black sanc I hit sometimes MUTILATES, with you wounds and that was with you without sanc.
Imperial training only allows you dodge better *again against me and fighter kinds grrr* yeah is alot of defense. I didnt see log yet, and I am about to go. Past few days havent been on much and cant be. take care man

_Magus_ (Guest)Sun 03-Sep-06 06:39 PM

#50611, "Claw damage is slashing. Not blunt. ~"
In response to Reply #29

Just thought you'd like to know.

_Magus_ (Guest)Sun 03-Sep-06 06:40 PM

#50612, "Disregard. Read it wrong."
In response to Reply #30

You meant "claw" as in "tiger claw" I assume.

I'm a dummy.

Guendhyr (Guest)Sat 02-Sep-06 03:41 PM

#50558, "Bards, Bard Blades and Bard Emperors"
In response to Reply #0

I didn't really fight you very much, but the few times I did I always came away from the whole ordeal with an extremely bitter taste in my mouth. I'd prep a fair amount to fight you, and you'd still land songs on me like I was a cloud giant. Any time I fought a bard I had resist mental, swiftness, and a large amount of saves- and yet none of it ever seemed to help. Particularly that last death when I tried to save Merenwen. I just plain flat out couldn't believe the how hard that fiend was hitting me despite having high int/wis, resist mental and stoneskin + protection.

Anyways, good work dude. You were a tough bastard.

Craglork (Guest)Sat 02-Sep-06 12:55 PM

#50556, "Among the best"
In response to Reply #0

You were fun to play with no matter what we were doing. Among the best of the emperors i've played with. I learned a ton from watching and gathering with you. A few things that will make any character I play better. Good job , Thanks and Goodbye, good luck with whatever.

Draktel (Guest)Fri 01-Sep-06 10:31 PM

#50544, "Hmm, thats too bad"
In response to Reply #0

I thought you were tough, and that you roleplayed your Emperorship well. I hope you have fun with whatever is next. I'll say more later when I'm all done.

Draktel

Chokiare (Guest)Fri 01-Sep-06 08:50 PM

#50542, "Why is that everytime I get an enemy"
In response to Reply #0

That I have a real tough time fighting, they delete.

If I could sum up my thoughts on your character in a short sentence it would be ... your great. From a "nobody" all the way to Emperor you were a class act in both our fights and our interactions. I loved the fact that you would mix it up even if the numbers weren't on your side, and I hope you felt the same about me (I am getting a lot more of a taste of that lately) You were well roleplayed and always a constant threat to me (although FAR more when you could see me hidden, hehe) and I hope before you could see me I made you look over a shoulder a little more than you would have otherwise.

All in all, very well done. Cant wait to see your next

Grurk MuoukFri 01-Sep-06 12:55 PM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50534, "RE: The Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor!"
In response to Reply #0

You really showed what a Bard Emperor could do. I really thought this
might be an IMM played character, in the back of my mind. (ie: very well played)

My only gripe is that I wish you would have done more bardish things:
notes to all, Imperial decrees, etc.

But overall, really one of the best Emperors since I came to Empire 2 years ago.

G.

Mmumma (Guest)Fri 01-Sep-06 12:45 PM

#50533, "Aand..."
In response to Reply #0

Mae disaagree wiith that daamned '*'!

I should have 0. Seriously. But I also didn't want to become anathema, so I didn't show my true indenpendance

And where is you PBF? I can't wait to read it.

Sometimes my characters reaching a death-line: it's time when I more curious in their PBF than in themselve.
I see PBF as a kind of exam - how well you played and so on. Perhaps PBF is a most important part of the character to me... And sometimes a reason to delete.

Though I still have no way to fund my own PBF's ;P

Money bag (Guest)Fri 01-Sep-06 06:36 PM

#50538, "Don't worry I'll always kick out 5 bucks for the good o..."
In response to Reply #18

nt

JagaubFri 01-Sep-06 09:21 PM
59 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50543, "Don't bother. I've already paid for my pbf, it'll just ..."
In response to Reply #21

Brulgor (Guest)Fri 01-Sep-06 12:21 PM

#50531, "RE: The Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor!"
In response to Reply #0

And the duergar anathema breathes a sigh of relief.

You were a skilled, competent, and deadly bard.. one of a select few I was especially wary of. Brulgor never saw you as his enemy originally, being orderly and all, he was fully aware of the consequences of his actions.. which I'll get into if I ever choose to die.

I respected you equally as friend and foe.

See ya.

Morior (Guest)Fri 01-Sep-06 10:46 AM

#50528, "Fun to play with!"
In response to Reply #0

Appreciate whatever help you gave me, and elevating me to warmaster even though it was clear I was pretty new. And those daggers from Yzekon are KICKASS!

Two questions now that you are gone: were you TRYING to make your council hate each other? Cause it sure looked that way to me!

How did you 'set up' my battle with Ibcade so I was at a disadvantage? I'm genuinely curious.

JagaubFri 01-Sep-06 11:17 AM
59 posts
#50529, "RE: Fun to play with!"
In response to Reply #13

> Two questions now that you are gone: were you TRYING to make your council hate each other? Cause it sure looked that way to me!

I guess I can say it now since I deleted and the council changed since I did this, but yes. I intentionally picked people who didn't get along and I lied a couple of times to you all about each other. In fact, choosing someone who didn't get along with other council members was almost as important to to me as it was that they were capable of the position.

> How did you 'set up' my battle with Ibcade so I was at a disadvantage? I'm genuinely curious.

I snuck in and sang anthem of resistance for him before the fight began. Without that, you would have won.

Yhorian (Guest)Fri 01-Sep-06 11:39 AM

#50530, "Thats damn evil-cool"
In response to Reply #14

Not exactly like the backstabbery of falsifying a lich quest item, but certainly a helluva lot more than I've seen from most imperials.

Yhorian.

Gistle (Guest)Fri 01-Sep-06 07:37 AM

#50525, "Bards are scary!"
In response to Reply #0

And an emperor bard who knows his #### is even scarier. You sir, knew your ####.

That said, I never really "liked" Skiltore from an IC perspective. Even when we were allies, I never particularly liked the arrogance (perhaps because it conflicts with mine, eheh), and was itching for a time when I could kill you. Alas, you became emperor and I realized there was pretty much no way to kill you as (1) bards are about the hardest class for me to fight and (2) you tended to be surrounded by an honor guard of imperial suckups, albeit through no fault of your own. After that, I settled for ruining a few of your kills and superjuicing your enemies while staying safely at arm's length myself

In any case, I thought Skiltore was both good and bad for CF life in general. Good because you are a strong, smart player and we need more like you. Bad because of the galvanizing effect for Empire that in turn lead to other cabals not logging on. This latter effect is not your fault; other people need to grow some balls and either (a) not log in just because you are (imperials) or (b) log in to fight the imperials (almost everyone else). Being uncaballed and duo gave me the unique perspective to see just the crazy lopsidedness of it all.

In any case, sorry to turn your thread into a small essay. Skiltore was a rare character and I'm glad I had a chance to be both his enemy and his "friend." I wish I would have spoken to you more as an enemy, but I didn't think my glib arrogance would really get us very far.

Gistle.

Kiph (Guest)Fri 01-Sep-06 05:45 AM

#50522, "RE: The Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor!"
In response to Reply #0

Despite what they say about you always being there, I didn't get to run into you too much, but the few times we did scuffle were pretty challenging. There are a lot of bards right now, but being an enemy you had my respect. I learned alot about bard on bard combat from you, and just how to bard in general. The experience with Imperial Blades that you had was obvious, because you made the most magnificent uses of shove that I've ever seen.

Good luck with whatever you do next, may it not be a bard with uber prep knowledge and infinate playtimes

Kiph

LyristeonFri 01-Sep-06 05:41 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50521, "RE: The Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor!"
In response to Reply #0

I figured it might have started to get boring for you, hence the reason I offered the tattoo. It would have been more fun though if you had done something to earn anathema then I could have given it to you as soon as that happened. All in all, it was a great character that put in quite a few hours in a very short period of time. Good luck with your next.

JagaubFri 01-Sep-06 03:45 PM
59 posts
#50536, "I thought it would have been more fun if..."
In response to Reply #8

I thought it would have been more fun if I got the tattoo while still Emperor. The questions and reactions of everyone would've been worth the risk of becoming anathema, and trying to weasel my way out of being anathema'd for it would've been pretty fun as well.

But I never really pressed the subject nor asked for it, so it doesn't bother me that it didn't happen.

Mmumma (Guest)Fri 01-Sep-06 05:32 AM

#50520, "RE: The Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor!"
In response to Reply #0

This sucks.
We really begun with no numbers in Empire, and now there is almost no challenge. Cool character, we rocked together! Lots of fun, though damn - we planned one adventure... Oh well.

But now, I guess, we will have bit more foes. Good too

PS: I have same problems with RL/works becuase of CF.

L (Guest)Fri 01-Sep-06 05:14 AM

#50519, "This is no good:("
In response to Reply #0

Come on, everyone who I really need is up and deleting, first Morior and now you. You guys have to stop that . Good job though, you did a very good job.

Adhelard. (Guest)Fri 01-Sep-06 02:34 AM

#50515, "Well.."
In response to Reply #0

You didn't talk to me, but I liked you as an enemy. You didn't whine when you died, and you didn't talk trash when you won. You took some risks against ganks, and ganked when you could, and fought alone when you couldn't. Good job and good luck with your next.

Meyrshal (Guest)Fri 01-Sep-06 02:00 AM

#50513, "RE: The Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor!"
In response to Reply #0

Ah, Jagaub. I respect your forum personna and some of your previous characters (including Jagaub). Skiltore was a respected enemy. In most instances, I wouldn't have any problem raiding the Empire and whatnot. But when you were coupled with another potent enemy or two, it made things a great headache. You brought much in the way of power to the Empire and also brought out a lot of the potential in other characters. That's usually what a decent leader does. And it's no surprise it came from you. Never talked to Skiltore. And Skiltore never talked to me. So I guess I'm just chopped liver on your list. But from down here, you were a good adversary.

Hopefully you can mediate your time on Carrion Fields a little better next time around (and not freaking be logged on for 26 hours a day). I swear, you were always around. That isn't my point though. Point is, you've got to know where Carrion Fields falls in your priorities. So get things straightened out, and come on back for some more PK/RP goodness.

Zhaltum (Guest)Fri 01-Sep-06 01:27 AM

#50511, "Well done man Well ####ing done"
In response to Reply #0

You are the kinda bard I loved having around you knew your #### and were always on the ball in pks. Glad you liked what little you saw of Zhal just been ####in busy with life and all that jazz.
When you got Warmaster I was pleased considering the other warmaster choices at the time, and when you got emperor I got a little worried but you turned out to be more than stand up, you were stand out! *Note worried you would stop your general asskickery and work on ganging a whole lot more*
Yah.. and cf is definatly evil

Dhaezym (Guest)Fri 01-Sep-06 12:14 AM

#50509, "You were everything I wish I could be...You are the win..."
In response to Reply #0

You were seriously a mack fricking truck.

Very well done. If you weren't the Emperor, I would have tried to encourage more roleplay, but I was always afraid of the Anathema. Thanks so much for the promotion to Priest. It made Grurk's work that much easier.

BTW I had no idea you were Sphere deception.

And god damn did you get into power quick. I knew either you would burn out or go Cabdru, and stop showing up. Playing seven, eight hours a day had to be a strain.

Long live the Emperor.

Krynna (Guest)Fri 01-Sep-06 12:30 AM

#50510, "I know it might be not nice to say it..."
In response to Reply #1

but good riddance. May be I can at last sleep in wilderness without setting snare each and every time (you can take it as compliment if you wish to). Bards are enough of a problem for myself (and I guess for any ranger) without empire powers, but with piercing gaze + massive empire gangs (which you risk into running to after you are slept for 8 hours) it's just became ridiculous.

I must give you props for persistency though.

I had a plan how to fight you, and MAY BE make you flee for our next fight, but I guess I will never find out how it would work out now.

Anyways, I've never had any chance to RP with you, and I guess IC there was not much we could talk about, but from PK perpective you was good.

Good luck.

<May be I will have less then 8 enemies out of 10 players in PK in my playing time now>

Mmumma (Guest)Fri 01-Sep-06 06:35 AM

#50523, "Don't worry. Soon you will have to set snares again. nt"
In response to Reply #2

Krynna (Guest)Fri 01-Sep-06 09:42 AM

#50526, "Oh, I am not worried"
In response to Reply #10

Nothing can be worse then 8 hour mass sleep and full bard maladicting for me. I say healer for the Emperor!

Mmumma (Guest)Fri 01-Sep-06 12:40 PM

#50532, "RE: Oh, I am not worried"
In response to Reply #12

How about rot instead?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50508 Previous topic | Next topic