Subject: "(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Hyzin Taddlerick the Fourth, Veteran ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50439
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 30-Aug-06 06:56 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50439, "(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Hyzin Taddlerick the Fourth, Veteran Maran, Lavender Tiger"

Wed Aug 30 18:51:26 2006

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Hyzin perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:389

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Hyzin Taddlerick the Fourth, Vete..., Marigue (Guest), 11-Sep-06 08:39 PM, #22
Reply The end of a long road..., Hyzin (Guest), 30-Aug-06 07:31 PM, #1
     Reply RE: The end of a long road..., Crysseara, 30-Aug-06 07:49 PM, #2
     Reply RE: The end of a long road..., Landren (Guest), 30-Aug-06 09:21 PM, #3
     Reply I hated you for a while., Kavan (Guest), 30-Aug-06 09:50 PM, #4
     Reply I gotta be honest here..., Lightmage, 30-Aug-06 09:59 PM, #5
     Reply And the rest!, Hyzin (Guest), 31-Aug-06 04:14 AM, #6
     Reply I KNEW IT!, Lauraine (Guest), 31-Aug-06 05:54 AM, #8
     Reply Not married, living in sin!, Yhorian (Guest), 31-Aug-06 06:05 AM, #9
          Reply Lavender Tiger, Lauraine (Guest), 31-Aug-06 09:25 AM, #10
     Reply RE: And the rest!, Palmer (Guest), 31-Aug-06 02:21 PM, #13
     Reply The resident bandage case!, Yhorian (Guest), 31-Aug-06 03:08 PM, #15
     Reply No mention for Furoll?, Rogue, 31-Aug-06 03:15 PM, #17
     Reply Boo!, Gerandiel (Guest), 08-Sep-06 06:28 AM, #19
          Reply Wow, I did forget you!, Hyzin (Guest), 08-Sep-06 07:50 AM, #20
               Reply RE: Wow, I did forget you!, Gerandiel (Guest), 10-Sep-06 02:57 PM, #21
     Reply RE: The end of a long road..., Saroiya (Guest), 31-Aug-06 05:36 AM, #7
     Reply For you my friend, Chokiare (Guest), 31-Aug-06 11:37 AM, #11
     Reply teh is gae., (NOT Pro), 31-Aug-06 12:13 PM, #12
     Reply Cool Enemy for a bit there., Nihkorzhebus (Guest), 31-Aug-06 03:06 PM, #14
          Reply Yeah, my bad. Overconfident., Hyzin (Guest), 31-Aug-06 03:14 PM, #16
               Reply RE: Yeah, my bad. Overconfident., N. (Guest), 31-Aug-06 03:34 PM, #18

Marigue (Guest)Mon 11-Sep-06 08:39 PM

#50798, "RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Hyzin Taddlerick the Fourth, Vete..."
In response to Reply #0

Aw. Man.

You were always fun to be around.

Always.

You were Marigue's hero, even if he never showed it.

Hyzin (Guest)Wed 30-Aug-06 07:31 PM

#50442, "The end of a long road..."
In response to Reply #0

Guess I'll never discover how my story ends.

This character was great fun, but someone in the middle I lost time for it/drive. Once that hit, I couldn't bring myself to delete but couldn't muster the guts to log in either. Very sad to let this one go, his story had a personal attachment.

Hyzin's background was that he lost someone very dear and much of his life was devoted to a sort of mixed revenge. At first he was inconsolable. Then he discovered Shokaism and converted. Must have been one of those late-night Shokai drives that caught him drunk and off-guard. After that, he knew he could find his wife in the azure fields because she'd led a good life. All he had to do, was live up to his potential and earn that place.

All went well, he joined the Fortress and worked hard. Part of him never cared if he died, he was only one step closer to his love. The other part felt sad because although what his heart ached for was just the other side of his battle, he was happy with the friends he'd made there too. So he started working hard for his life, patiently waiting for his eventual mortal death. He's bound to see his friends in the afterlife anyway, its a happy ending just waiting to come.

Shokai swoops in about here, and gives Hyzin some awesome pep-talks. The after affects of which leave Hyzin with a reall hard decision. The life he's been leading, has been preparing him for more than just a death. There is always the chance, in the moment between life and death, he will choose instead to continue the fight as an Avatar of Shokai. Some of his friend might already be among the near-anonymous ranks of Avatars walking. He can do so much good - but has to give up so much he loves.

And thats where he was, torn between the two living out a fun little life of interacting with some pretty inspiring fortress folk. What a wild ride.

I'm crap with goodbyes, so here are a few and I'll add more later.

Griffon form: Thanks to the role contest guys for the great shape. I really didn't expect a quest form, because the combo I got was so killer. The griffon just made the whole thing teh awesome. Crulvane completely kicked my ass either way - I know the displacer beast would have been the final word on that one - but aerial combat asside, the crappy version of flying and the lion-like power of the form were a neat little bonus. I think three path shifters would be great after this experience. I can just see one being like me with my forms - but minus the rake/offense of the griffon for just the crappy flight. Or minus the hyena's all-round awesomeness for something cheaper. Onto the imms -

Shokai: Kick ass. Need I say more? Yeah? Okay. Really kick ass. Shame about the Aarn revenge thing. I had the stuff a few times, and seemed to lose it to full loots just before I got reminded/you appeared. Grrrrr.

Aarn: Great fun. Hyzin was always two people. The beast and the man. In beast form, I know you respected him for being a seriously nasty beast. In man form, I think we all discovered how ashamed you were. The lavender tiger thing led to hilarity then and later.

Crys: Thanks for the little bonuses, and the history lessons. Was great chatting to you if and when I could. Enjoy the immdom! Maybe we'll cross paths again.

Corrlaan: I'm sure you were watching me now and then. The times you did pop in were fun. I like the acolytes, they're an important part of the game for me since Dawn, and I'm glad they've got a devoted imm still. One day, I'm going to replace my What Would Shokai Do? bracelet with a Corrlaan one. I get the feeling I'd stop impaling potential friends then and enjoy life more

The Morts:

Chokiare: You get first mention for the love potion. I swear, if I drank coke the spray I released in that incident would have disabled my computer indefinetly. The fact I was a 'lavender tiger' was even better timed. Love potion+Felar+Lavender tiger = Frightened Griffon shaped blurr.

Landren: Took me ages to get you. And then I was damn impressed. You're an ECC in my book - and extremely cool character.

Lauraine: Thanks for regearing me/teaching me a lot of stuff. Its nice to have acolyte buddies when you're life seems to be 'kill kill kill' so you can step back and think 'hey, thats why I'm killing!'. You definetly added that balance to Hyzin's later life.

Saroiya: You played a big part in the characters development, and were a great person to run with. I still say its aweful that any god would teach a woman to bend like that - think of the children watching!!!

Kavan: Grouch to my pzazz. Yin to my yang. I shaped my character around being the opposite of you for a short while but even then we were still oddly alike beneath it all. The grouchiness definetly seemed to rise more than I would have liked, I worry people aren't having fun then, but I'm sure you were loving it all the way. I liked the no-nonsense approach and from the get-go i noticed and loved the effort you put into the 'team' style of Fortress. You owe me for getting you one of the coolest titles ever too - while I get stuck with Lavender tiger *roll* Great playing with you and definetly look forward to it again.

Others - Give my fingers a break, there's a lot to type! Be back in a few hours to finish the goobyes.

CryssearaWed 30-Aug-06 07:49 PM
Member since 05th Mar 2006
53 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50443, "RE: The end of a long road..."
In response to Reply #1

I loved Hyzin. Fantastic RP, great PK, nifty tricks where you pulled things off that I'd never even think of doing - all around, you deserved everything you got. I loved the role too, and ever since chatting with you I've played Crys a little more spiritual, a little more like she's in touch with the ghosts of the past. Believe it or not, that really helped me settle the RP of her character down into being a goddess, so thanks for the ideas.

Good luck with your next - I *think* (if my guess is right) that we've crossed paths before, I always have fun RP'ing with you.

Landren (Guest)Wed 30-Aug-06 09:21 PM

#50448, "RE: The end of a long road..."
In response to Reply #1

Landren: Took me ages to get you. And then I was damn impressed. You're an ECC in my book - and extremely cool character.

The downfall of playing a character that is fairly private. Thank you.

At first I just saw a goofy guy who was always ready with some witty remark. The more time I was around I saw the "marshall" in Hyzin. When it was "go time" you definately put your game face on. You pulled off a nice balance pk/rp, especially for a shifter. Shame I was on the way in as you were going out.

Kavan (Guest)Wed 30-Aug-06 09:50 PM

#50450, "I hated you for a while."
In response to Reply #1

You were easily the guy I looked forward to being there the most. But then? Then you weren't there, and I hated you for it. I told you in my farewell that I felt like you were the true leader of the fortress. I was like the second in command and thats the way I wanted it simply because I hate making the decisions for the most part. Then you vanished and I was left all by my lonesome. I let the harsh induction requirements slide(just to keep the fortress afloat) and I ended up hating being called captain. Don't get me wrong, I like leadership and I've done it before, I'm just not very good at it(maybe its my confidence in my own ability to make a decision, I dunno).

Anyhow, I played Kavan as a quiet fellow at first. Shy, and nice. As I grew into an old man though, I definitely got grouchy and more rude. We were definitely polar opposites and I liked that. Even for all the talking back and forth we got along great. I got to hear the same stories a thousand times a piece I swear, and I was always trying to find you a different chick(Anaisah). It was fun around the fort, and I enjoyed all our interactions. You were deadly as hell, and I liked coming along for the ride. In the end, it was nice to see you again and I wasn't kidding you when I sat you down and told you I was close to dying. Guess you figured I meant I had a little more life left in me than I really did. I was old as hell dude.

In the end, I'm glad we got to interact(even if you did leave me hanging for the most part *fistshake*) and I look forward to doing so again.

Take care,
Kavan

LightmageWed 30-Aug-06 09:59 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
319 posts
#50451, "I gotta be honest here..."
In response to Reply #1

When I rolled up Crulvane I really wanted to mess you up. I totally thought you were picking on newb evils while avoiding tougher foes.

I figured yeh, Im going to roll up an air form, make this guy not ever want to fly again. Then you go AWOL on me...when I see you again I start hearing diferent reports on you and then the crap ass logs on DIos kinda changed my views...

MEaning I liked ya.

Anyhow, Im a prick to fight when agaisnt other shifters cause I will only fight when fully prepped and when you are not. Which makes for ####ty match ups. I think the forms matched up pretty good, just that I could always initiate prepared rather than react.

Holy ####e, what I would give for Hyena/Tiger combo. Added some flying and a friggin Griffon form. You are a mass pkers wet dream. Luckily you werent a prick player, or we would be reading non-stop logs about Overpowered, wah, wah....

Stop unshifting so much. Despite what Nepenthe says, it doesnt work!

Cool char, take care.

Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man.

Hyzin (Guest)Thu 31-Aug-06 04:14 AM

#50454, "And the rest!"
In response to Reply #1

Ogbuk: You come to mind because the tiger was a baaad match up for you. I love the orc rp, and I don't mingle with it as much as I'd like because orcs just look a nightmare skill wise. Their skills are great, don't get me wrong, but the low learning rate and near impossibility of practicing because you can't tank - eep. You have my sympathy and respect for kicking ass against people not tigers

Adhelard: Hey there! You'd pop in and out infrequently but were fun to run with. If there's anything that compliments a lion - its a bashing sword spec. I'd love to know the story behind your title.

Afetra: Sorry for being so tough on you, but you were making mistakes from day 1 and continued to make them. Most of them just smelled of lazy - but I'm glad you're enjoying the Fortress!

Auenna: You always seemed a bit quiet, but you were fun to run about with. Hope I didn't bore you too much with the old speeches. Hyzin was always half hoping someone would convert like he did - but I guess I was preeching to the choir

Skiltore: Wow did some of those fiends hurt. At one stage it was clear you were experimenting with reportoires and so on, and I was happy because it left a huge hole in your defenses when it made xxx tactic less viable. A very competant bard. Glad I at least brought you down the times I did - but after you slept me for a 5 man gank, I just never put myself in a position to be slept alone. Being unable to speak is unequivocally frustrating and full loots hurt, thank god for Forty generosity.

Melisa: Jees you were persistant!! I did like you're little rp chats however annoying you were with just trapping up the Fortress and running when we came. A good tip is, don't fight there. You're going to get not just me but all the fortress on you if you sit in the mountains striking the Maran. After a while, we'd purposely wait a bit to let your protections drop - he he, you got too predictable to worry about. Its a good idea to vary things as well. See you in the fields.

Uncaballed Paladin of Innis: Damn it damn it damn it - I can't remember your name. But you are/were awesome. Innis was tusled up into my role because I married under his church and so any priest of Innis was a chum of mine. Great times drinking in his glade.

Other uncaballed Paladin: You kicked ass too, the three of us had a wild time camping near the maran. Can't believe your names escape me... I'm really sorry.

Kiamae: He he, I wonder what ever happened to all that gold I siphoned off for you. When you started waving and complaining - I just got more people to donate to you Did you ever find something to put the fund into? I must have donated like 500+ gold by the time your times went iffy. Heard you got Provost too, great show. See you in the fields, and thanks for being a chum.

Vens: Always fun tusling with you, the time you put in you wisened up to a lot of tactics very fast so I only really managed to get you in the early days when you were figuring out. I guess thats what really makes a tough player - not one who 'knows it all' but one who adapts like lightning, and keeps his balls attached. Good going. And chill out over the looting and stuff, don't let thing like that ruin your play.

Aeria: Tigers hurt. Sorry about that, but beastman was very defensive and I so totally was not going to do it again it was that painful to watch. I started patrolling for Outlanders in griffon for so I could just rake/run. Not as bad as when I used to entwine you at least

Zeltis/Kruldah: At one point I was thinking 'this looks familiar' then I realised you weren't quite as attached as I thought you were - any accusations I made over CB a formerly taken back! Good play all round. Kruldah was definetly a pro, and stacked to add to it. I think a stacked sword spec definetly beats a tiger - one of the few warriors who could hold me off.

Real fuzzy on the details, so reply if I've forgotten you (there's a lot of you I loved, and just couldn't bloody remember) - Thanks for playing.

Yhorian.

Lauraine (Guest)Thu 31-Aug-06 05:54 AM

#50457, "I KNEW IT!"
In response to Reply #6

I KNEW IT I KNEW IT! I knew you're Yhorian! The hell I find that RP pattern so damn familiar! Hyzin is so damn cool! You've got no idea how many characters of my were in touched with him! From enemies and then you disappeared, then we became allies. I knew something like this would happen! I went killing great crimson solo and saved a frenzy sleeves for you but you never show up! Then I gave up and gave it to someone else. If I'm not wrong, you're married in RL too right? If I'm right, how is she?

Yhorian (Guest)Thu 31-Aug-06 06:05 AM

#50458, "Not married, living in sin!"
In response to Reply #8

She's fine thanks, she just got a brand new job with a big architect firm in Cardiff bay. Not quite the design area she wanted to go into (ecological/environmental design - pretty damn niche) but the company is 'big' and she can learn more. Cheers.

Great fun to kick around with you too, no doubt think the same 'Oh yeah! Him!' when you delete.

Yhorian.

Lauraine (Guest)Thu 31-Aug-06 09:25 AM

#50464, "Lavender Tiger"
In response to Reply #9

Oh by the way, just for your info, you might have forgotten, I was the one who left that love potion with you, telling you its for Chokiare. Which quickly I disappeared to else where. Tsk.... Surprisingly what two guys can do when left alone with just a love potion. LOL... Go sexy lavender tiger!

Palmer (Guest)Thu 31-Aug-06 02:21 PM

#50480, "RE: And the rest!"
In response to Reply #6

I just have to say that you completely owned me. The only thing that made is tolerable was knowing how well you fought against Cabdru. I did have some plans for how to take you down, but it would have been a rough gamble and I might not have wanted to risk it in the end.

Yhorian (Guest)Thu 31-Aug-06 03:08 PM

#50484, "The resident bandage case!"
In response to Reply #13

I am damn glad for those eyes. Without those, I think we both know I would have been necro-meat.

You still look like a damn good mummy, and bandage jokes asside, and I was scared of you tooling me like so many others that can sleep a shifter. Being unable to yell is sooo painful its crazy. You still out there kicking ass? If so, don't stop. I'd say you're doing better than the resident lich. I got him too and something tells me losing his phylacs hurt a lot more than when I grabbed the sword of zurcon to do the victory dance

I also liked the roleplay, its got that subtle evil I really like in dark characters. You play an 'avatar of zurcon' quite well and I was kinda surprised you weren't a Scion. I would have thought the 'end of the world' and 'desctruction' meshed quite well into your rp.

See you in the fields.

Yhorian.

RogueThu 31-Aug-06 03:15 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#50486, "No mention for Furoll?"
In response to Reply #6

We got into some hefty fights I think, and I don't believe
we ever killed each other, you could have me but I don't
entirely remember. I was really hoping to catch you
with Ustil, since I got tiger/hyena myself, and fox did
pretty well when I outwanded you.

Shame, you deleting, I wanted to get a go at your
quest form. Too bad, see you around.

Gerandiel (Guest)Fri 08-Sep-06 06:28 AM

#50689, "Boo!"
In response to Reply #6

The whole reason I am on the internet today is to see if you'd deleted and to post a farewell if you did -- and you didn't even remember me. heh.

Hyzin was a blast to spend time with, whether fighting or just chilling. Probably my favorite character. Some of the stuff you came out with cracked me up, and since you knew places I didn't (and there aren't many, despite that I rp not knowing some), I was looking forward to some time exploring with you too.

PS. I got back into Silent Tower. So I am pretty sure I could have got you back in too. )

Hyzin (Guest)Fri 08-Sep-06 07:50 AM

#50695, "Wow, I did forget you!"
In response to Reply #19

Sorry about that.

Hell, you were good fun but I had problems figuring your angle out towards the end of our time together. Acolytes can be pretty pk fierce, from an acolytes view and I could put my finger on what was wrong. Did you just want to change to squire? Or did you really feel there wasn't anything you were really doing for the Acolytes?

Anyhow, I dreamt of getting back into ST but I never really pursued it. Shifters are really damn good in there, and that Droky healer that showed me about was great fun.

I missed him out too in my goodbyes, I think I posted something on his farewell post. But may as well say again - thanks! (And what a funky angle on the Drok religion - The dragon will save us, by ending our pain when the time comes Loved it.)

Back to Gerandiel, I thought you did fine in pk acting as both a healer and offensive. Maybe because my view has always been 'the best defense, is a great offense'. They can't kill me, if they're already running for the hills! See you in the fields.

Yhorian.

Gerandiel (Guest)Sun 10-Sep-06 02:57 PM

#50758, "RE: Wow, I did forget you!"
In response to Reply #20

Nah, I didn't want to squire. I am pretty experienced and I don't think squiring would have been a problem had I wanted to.

To give you a clue without giving too much about the character away, this is the kind of logic involved:

- there is something that acolytes try to give the people of Thera
- acolytes are perceived by many as weak and passive, which can act to prevent them giving the people of Thera one of the things that they are meant to
- living a certain life can change the way people think about the Acolytes, and that in turn can change the effectiveness of what acolytes do.

So basically Gerandiel is the way he is because of his religion, and the take it gives him on being an acolyte. However, the perception of others about him being more suited to a squire is something fairly integral to his rp too. I guess you've probably seen him agonising over whether he's doing the right thing because of the way that others have reacted to him. When given something of a choice though, and a bit of reassurance, he chose acolyte.

Saroiya (Guest)Thu 31-Aug-06 05:36 AM

#50456, "RE: The end of a long road..."
In response to Reply #1

We had some good times, that's for sure! I was always envious of those fast moving hyena legs but otherwise it was great fighting with you. You were also a great envigorating presence within the Fort and you were a great captain during the times when you played. Those long absences though really started to hurt. All the best and be back soon!

Chokiare (Guest)Thu 31-Aug-06 11:37 AM

#50473, "For you my friend"
In response to Reply #1

You are carrying:
a pretty amber flask

You tell Hyzin 'You want me to quaff this flask?'

Hyzin nods at you in agreement.

You quaff a pretty amber flask.
You feel like looking at people.

1031(100%hp) 503(91%m) 730(90%) civilized 27650tnl- af
You are affected by:
Spell: 'love potion' for 50 hours.
Skill: 'sneak' for 43 hours.
Power: 'mantle of the phoenix' for 32 hours.
Power: 'favor of the sun' for 14 hours.
Spell: 'haste' modifies dexterity by 4 for 3 hours.
Power: 'eyes of flame' for -1 hours.

Hyzin peers at you intently.

You say 'Oh .. my'

Hyzin says 'Feel... different?'

Hyzin looks at you.

You peer intently at Hyzin.

You say 'Become a tiger again'

You whisper 'A lavender tiger'

Hyzin raises an eyebrow.

Your hormones begin to rage.

Hyzin says 'Oh dear.'

Hyzin utters the words, 'xafe ay candusqarr'.
Hyzin disappears.

Chokiare: Hyzin, dont run off

Hyzin: I left the oven on!

I knew you almost Chokiare's whole life as my Marshall, and really enjoyed "growing up" with you as the leader of the Fort. You were a softer spot to land on when Kavan got grouchy (hehe) and taught we some things about tactics and fighting. I enjoyed your roleplay regarding your dead wife amd thought that you were a great person to know. I hope Chokiare will be half the Marshall you were.

Pro (inactive user)Thu 31-Aug-06 12:13 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #1

Great character though.

Nihkorzhebus (Guest)Thu 31-Aug-06 03:06 PM

#50483, "Cool Enemy for a bit there."
In response to Reply #1

Seems like for a couple days I was running into you like everytime I logged in.

That time I got you in the underdark was the first and only time I ever perfect-ed anyone in CF. Thanks for that experience . Sorry I never gave you a chance to get me back... that was actually scary there, when you were running around out of form in the underdark trying to fog me while I was duo'd.. I was like, WTF!?! this guy is NUTS!.

Anyways, I enjoyed the little banter I had with you as well.. and thanks for posting that bit behind your role up there it explains a lot of why you were such a persistent bastard toward us evils .

Hyzin (Guest)Thu 31-Aug-06 03:14 PM

#50485, "Yeah, my bad. Overconfident."
In response to Reply #14

I was wanded up slightly from another fight - shield and aura were still up while I was trying to get you stuck out of duo. Now I think back, I'm not sure why I bothered. Likely tigering you would have had a harsh enough result down there. Pretty much a clean kill on me, no doubt

Having a role like that means you can feel good about dying. It was always one step closer to my love!

When I finally get my new credit card to work, you can read the role. I did it in this cool diary format that I really enjoyed designing when it comes to the 'tearful' bit. I owe it to my girlfriend, who had to leave me to study elsewhere for 6 months. She inspired the role.

Yhorian.

N. (Guest)Thu 31-Aug-06 03:34 PM

#50487, "RE: Yeah, my bad. Overconfident."
In response to Reply #16

>Now I think back, I'm not sure why I bothered. Likely tigering
>you would have had a harsh enough result down there.

I know. Pounce + underdark == ouch. Your tiger owned me in the face.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50439 Previous topic | Next topic