Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Cruk SmellyToe the Unseen" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50194
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 23-Aug-06 07:50 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50194, "(DELETED) [None] Cruk SmellyToe the Unseen"

Wed Aug 23 05:27:53 2006

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Cruk perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:thief
Level:46
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:164

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Note to Cruk:, nepenthe, 23-Aug-06 07:54 AM, #1
     Reply Point Taken!, Cruk (Guest), 23-Aug-06 08:07 AM, #2
          Reply What it amounts to, for me:, nepenthe, 23-Aug-06 08:40 AM, #3
               Reply RE: What it amounts to, for me:, Cruk (Guest), 23-Aug-06 09:24 AM, #4
                    Reply RE: What it amounts to, for me:, nepenthe, 23-Aug-06 09:29 AM, #5
                    Reply On a side note... (crumbling stuff), Marcus_, 23-Aug-06 10:58 AM, #6
                    Reply You were an ass. But that's how a city ties thief shou..., Dhaezym (Guest), 23-Aug-06 03:57 PM, #7

nepentheWed 23-Aug-06 07:54 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50198, "Note to Cruk:"
In response to Reply #0

I'm sure we're all very sad that someone looted your pimp gear and wouldn't give it back to you, but we don't need to see a log of you bitching about an active character like that. Thanks!

I agree with the person who replied to you to a degree, btw (sorry that post had to go for the log to also go) -- over your career, you stole and kept a lot of cool things from people who never got to talk to you about it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that; it's part of the game. That said, the mature thing to do would be to have the grace to take it as well when someone takes a bunch of things from you.

People who can dish it out but not take it will have a rough time on CF. That's just the way of things.

Cruk (Guest)Wed 23-Aug-06 08:07 AM

#50200, "Point Taken!"
In response to Reply #1

Nep seriously the old rem all, drop all, get all corpse, then putting on quiet is lame. I mean the guy couldn't even use any of my weapons! And even trying to compare that to a city ties thief going about his duty is a no brainer. If you want to defend that action then go ahead. Normally I love your sarcasm, but when it's directed at me, sheesh. I guess I can't take it.

Besides, stealing from a live person is earning. Looting a corpse really isn't imho.

As for the container stealing, I re-planted a whole lot more back onto the person if I wasn't overly interested in it. But hey, I was just a passive thief, and no-one likes thieves.

I'll respect your wishes and save the post for when that character is dead. Not that I (nor anyone else) will care by then anyway.

nepentheWed 23-Aug-06 08:40 AM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50201, "What it amounts to, for me:"
In response to Reply #2

Is that losing a set of gear like that is like getting a really bad paper cut. It sucks, but if you were to list the great tragedies of your life, it definitely wouldn't make the list.

Conversely, after a bit of interaction last week, I (in NPC form) gave a character a unique item. Nothing super-powered, but something useful to that character that was absolutely irreplacable. About ten minutes later... it was something you definitely couldn't have used, but you stole it anyway.

There's nothing wrong with that; it's just one of those bad breaks that you catch now and then. For me, at least, that would be much more painful than the log you posted.

It's tough all over, and sometimes CF gives you lemons. Victory comes to those who can take lemons and make not lemonade but murder out of them.

Aside: Man, stealy-thieves are about the only kind of character I actually enjoy re-equipping!

Cruk (Guest)Wed 23-Aug-06 09:24 AM

#50202, "RE: What it amounts to, for me:"
In response to Reply #3

You must be speaking of that pouch of "brawling" nourishment. I gave that back to the player involved. Free of charge. Infact, after he lost it again, I bought it off Fezzo for 25 gold and intended to give it to him again, but I dropped my container (that it was being stored in) in a poorly chosen place and the container crumbled.

I really tried my best not to be an ass with this character. Infact the only reason I rolled him up was because I wanted to play the type of character that I absolutely hated from my usual genre. You know, see what its like on the other side. But I specifically tried not to be an ass.

As for what happened to me, it was lame. The gear wasn't even that crash hot as you saw, it's more the fact that he immediately put on quiet and ignored me than the actual looting itself (just *such* disrespect towards a fellow player). Fortunately, nothing in CF can ever amount to a tradegy in real life. The time CF takes away from real life maybe, but no event itself. This paper cut was enough to make this bitter, jaded person step back and take a breath though. It made me realise who I was sharing this great game with.

When I did realise that this jerk was going to leave quiet on and not return a single piece, even the pieces he couldn't use, I thought about how quickly I could re-equip, and even thought about how I was probably better off since I had about 30 spare inventory spots to use up (since Cruk never entered into any PKs) but at the end of the day, that lemon was just too sour.

But hey, it was 166 hours of fun and 10 minutes of ####e. A fair trade off I'd say

nepentheWed 23-Aug-06 09:29 AM
3430 posts
#50203, "RE: What it amounts to, for me:"
In response to Reply #4

>You must be speaking of that pouch of "brawling" nourishment.

Nope! I'll say no more.

Marcus_Wed 23-Aug-06 10:58 AM
681 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50205, "On a side note... (crumbling stuff)"
In response to Reply #4

>> but I dropped my container (that it was being stored in) in a poorly chosen place and the container crumbled.

Hasn't that feature outlived its usefulness? Or is it more of an RP thing, imms having nasty mold strains growing in the basem.. er. shrine? :p

Dhaezym (Guest)Wed 23-Aug-06 03:57 PM

#50213, "You were an ass. But that's how a city ties thief shou..."
In response to Reply #4

Whatever happened, you were well played.

Damn you for stealing that staff from me.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50194 Previous topic | Next topic