Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Erigeron Cliffstalker the Dweller..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50175
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 21-Aug-06 08:24 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50175, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Erigeron Cliffstalker the Dweller of the Wilds"

Mon Aug 21 20:22:43 2006

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Erigeron perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:162

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Jhesar (Guest)Thu 24-Aug-06 04:56 AM

#50230, "Enjoyed the character"
In response to Reply #0

Enjoyed the interaction we had, as yes I do agree, but I don't like the idea of recruitment. You know when most make a character they already have in mind what they want to do. Others just roll with the punches and find their way which I think is cool, much like I did. But in the end yes it would be nice because as I said in Druktans goodbye they bring more umphhh! All else was fun and no complaints other than too bad you didn't stick around longer for us to bond more and kick some butt. Have fun with school and whatever comes next.
Jhesar

Erigeron (Guest)Tue 22-Aug-06 11:32 PM

#50189, "synopsis"
In response to Reply #0

This was a wood-elf hunter, mountain terrain. After having done a human beastmaster/mountaineer I thought this would be a very strong combination, and in some respects it was. The character was very survivable in most situations (save Gistle killing me twice because of no saves on paralysis)but I was left a little disappointed in the damage from the hunter. I did finally find a decent bow (avg 27 or 28), but even with half decent light leather gear (for precision) and the bracers, I still hit less hard than with my staff/spear combination. That may have been just because wood-elf staff is very good. The times I tried using the bow in pk, were not productive despite the bracers and combined with no-lag bearcharges (which I didn't know about until after I deleted), I never could keep anyone in combat long enough to kill them.

I think I attacked everyone who was in my pk and an obvious enemy at least once, but only landed one kill and that on a svirf thief who fled into a snare following my ambush (the second ambush did him in). None of the others hung around past writhing. But then, it was fun for a while nonetheless.

Suggestion? Don't do a wood-elf hunter/mountaineer. Maybe a hunter/plainsrunner or animist(any terrain) might be a stronger combination. If going hunter, I think I'd go human/elf, personally. Easy and stronger bows early on and easier equipment to find. (It amazed me the amount of anti-neutral gear I'd find).

I do hope the prisoners finally got free, I killed enough guards and unlocked their cells a few times And I did try to balance out all the other Outlanders hunting for paladins outside the Fortress with hunting all the Scions/Imperials that came to raid the Fort instead.

And thanks to all the Outlanders I did interact with. I still think it would've been better to recruit more non-rangers to do all the retrieving/raiding, rangers generally suck at that.

See ya, time to go torture more poor innocent students, the semester has begun.

Jejyesak (Guest)Tue 22-Aug-06 11:46 PM

#50190, "RE: synopsis"
In response to Reply #1

I like you, thought you played a good ranger. I understand the frustrations of not knowing exactly what a skill will do for you with your combo, and having trouble landing ranger kills. Makes me wonder why I've died to them so often in the past..

Anyway hope you have time to come back once school get underway or at least over break.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50175 Previous topic | Next topic