Subject: "(DELETED)Aiyedn Coulwit, Holy Knight of Summer, Eternal..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50026
Show all folders

silencedstatikTue 15-Aug-06 10:08 AM
Member since 13th Aug 2005
81 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#50026, "(DELETED)Aiyedn Coulwit, Holy Knight of Summer, Eternal Squire"

Well, what can I say. Being in a cabal where Immteraction is required, yet the Imms just don't show is frustrating. Especially when you're out there grinding day in and day out. Anyhow, it took the fun out of this char, and instead each log in turned into a huge frustration of wondering just how long I would have to endure being a squire. I just can't begin to even explain how frustrating this was. I understand that chars should be played for your own enjoyment and with the expectation of no immteraction, but when its such an integral part of your char, then not finding any can be rather disapppointing.

Innis - Thanks for the empowerment and the interactions we had. I enjoyed it and sorry I didn't stick around longer. You were a great Imm to follow and I hope I did well by you. BTW, I found those fish and was really looking forward to telling you. First time recieving your tat, second time follower. Thanks again so much, and I guess disregard the email I sent you this morning, heh.

This was my first ever paladin, so it was a learning process. I think I got better as time went on, but I'm sure there was still a lot I could have learned from. Anyhow, I enjoyed it and it was fun. The last week or so though just wasn't fun, and I think it began to show through a bit in my roleplay.

Fortress - Keep on truckin' guys. Due to contrary belief, we didn't all group together and run around and find whoever we could. In fact I think I spent about 95% of my time in the Fortress alone. It was rare for me to group with others, and usually it was to go out and help others rank.

Lauraine - A very good healer that was always on top of things. I don't think I ever had to ask for a sup as you were always on top of things.

Landren - We didn't talk much, but I thought the job you were doing was well, coupled with the solo ranking and its a damn fine job. Keep it going.

Chok - Good Marshall. Enjoyed what time we did spend together.

Gerandiel - I didn't quite see eye to eye with you. The two styles of roleplay didn't mesh, and the constant cabaling of everything you did tended to bug me the player. Just a note: If you cb that someone is somewhere, I tend to think it means you want someone to come. Yet, you didn't seem to think this. After awhile, sadly I just tended to ignore Gerandiel and go on with what I was doing. Sorry.

Meyrshal - Well, while you were no longer a fortie, you were a close friend to Aiyedn. I enjoyed our many interactions and your role was very deep and well thought out. I hope you stick around and I hope you get your second shot. Lord knows you've earned it.

Dynstai - You seemed a bit self-righteous and a few times I saw you as someone not to trust. I had seen you run tattle on people for things, and so I never said too much around you. Good healer though.

Kiph - Good bard, good char. Enjoyed our times together.

Merenwen - Stop dying!!! You roleplayed an acolyte well I think. Keep it up.

Empire -

At first there were some real standouts here, then they eventually begin to fade and the Empire I remembered begin to form again. I'll lump most of you into one thing and say this. I have never seen so much trash talk as what came from you guys. Especially considering the complete lack of being able to back it up. Most of you would flee the second I attacked, while others would just run on sight. There were times I would solo raid and you wouldn't even show up to try and dirt kick me or anything. Yet, magically courage appeared and more trash talk the second you had someone to group with. Anyhow....

Skiltore - Great bard, tough opponent. You seemed prepped to a T most the time and you were a real pain in the side. We never spoke much, but I could tell you were competant. Good job.

Tukrun - Not sure what planet you fell off of, but you were tough in the beginning. Then you just vanished. I enjoyed our fights.

Zsomething - Elite blade Minotaur - You fought well, but again you were another that just seemed to Vanish.

Scion -

Well, shamans were my bane as dispel managed to totally screw me over time and time again. I don't remeber your name right now, but Advisor was a real thorn. Not in so much I worried about dying, but I knew I couldn't keep up my supps and have enough mana left over to survive without you wearing me down first.

Crulvane - Good job, the offer you made me was tempting, but I didn't trust it or you -- hence me declining.

Few other goodbyes --

Kiamae - Well played, but Aiyedn just didn't find you too appealing. As far as he saw it you were protecting evil little buggers. While I understand your roleplay on it and your beliefs, Aiyedn just wasn't buying it.

Outlander Ragers - My god, I can't even remember all of you. I just know that you loved sitting outside the fort and setting snares. Granted I know the outlander philosophy says that hunting paladins was the way of some, if any of you would have taken the time to speak with me, then you would have come to understand that I shared many of the same beliefs you did. One of you did, and it resulted in a truce between us of sorts.

Gistle - Damn you, damn you, damn you. I knew there was never a shot in hell of me finding you and managing to kill you. Yet I ALWAYS knew there was a chance of the opposite happening. Well done. A magical assassin of sorts.

Rektath - Damn tough. Our fights usually ended in me finally dropping my weapon after Nth malediction, me running out of mana, or me actually managing to rough you up. Usually though it was one of the first two. Well done.

All in all a fun character for me to play. I will say that paladins are definately a love/hate thing in that sealing kills can be agonizing. I managed to hold my own quite well, but damn if I could have gotten a few of you to stay around longer... Anyhow, it was fun. Thanks to the playerbase (most of it) and the Imms (when you were around). See you all in the fields.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply You will be missing, brother Aiyedn, Meyrshal (Guest), 18-Aug-06 08:57 PM, #20
Reply RE: (DELETED)Aiyedn Coulwit, Holy Knight of Summer, Ete..., Merenwen (Guest), 17-Aug-06 01:17 AM, #19
Reply RE: (DELETED)Aiyedn Coulwit, Holy Knight of Summer, Ete..., Brulgor (Guest), 16-Aug-06 11:02 PM, #16
Reply RE: (DELETED)Aiyedn Coulwit, Holy Knight of Summer, Ete..., Aiyedn (Guest), 17-Aug-06 01:02 AM, #17
Reply RE: (DELETED)Aiyedn Coulwit, Holy Knight of Summer, Ete..., Innis, 16-Aug-06 10:57 PM, #15
Reply RE: (DELETED)Aiyedn Coulwit, Holy Knight of Summer, Ete..., Aiyedn (Guest), 17-Aug-06 01:04 AM, #18
Reply re Caballing of where someone is etc, Gerandiel (Guest), 16-Aug-06 03:40 AM, #9
Reply RE: re Caballing of where someone is etc, Aiyedn (Guest), 16-Aug-06 08:55 AM, #10
     Reply Heh, Crulvane (Guest), 16-Aug-06 09:02 AM, #11
          Reply RE: Heh, Aiyedn (Guest), 16-Aug-06 11:00 AM, #12
               Reply I since figured out how to get it alone, Gerandiel (Guest), 19-Aug-06 04:34 AM, #21
Reply RE: (DELETED)Aiyedn Coulwit, Holy Knight of Summer, Ete..., Gistle (Guest), 15-Aug-06 10:20 PM, #8
Reply Krundig is the name dispeling is my game?, Krundig (Guest), 15-Aug-06 08:17 PM, #7
Reply RE: Krundig is the name dispeling is my game?, Aiyedn (Guest), 16-Aug-06 11:05 AM, #13
Reply I the player felt really bad about keeping your bracele..., Dhaezym (Guest), 15-Aug-06 05:05 PM, #6
Reply RE: I the player felt really bad about keeping your bra..., Aiyedn (Guest), 16-Aug-06 11:09 AM, #14
Reply Blood, blood, blood..., Crulvane (Guest), 15-Aug-06 01:30 PM, #5
Reply And another blow to the brigade, Landren (Guest), 15-Aug-06 01:19 PM, #4
Reply Pity, Krynna (Guest), 15-Aug-06 10:23 AM, #1
     Reply On a side note, Krynna (Guest), 15-Aug-06 10:26 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Pity, silencedstatik, 15-Aug-06 10:26 AM, #3

Meyrshal (Guest)Fri 18-Aug-06 08:57 PM

#50138, "You will be missing, brother Aiyedn"
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed Aiyedn very much. Very priestly-paladinly-like. With the Fortress immortals (excluding Corrlaan) MIA, getting Maran seemed like a chore, I'm sure. And Lord knows YOU'VE earned it. You also had a fair amount of nifty little quirks that I felt really made Aiyedn come alive. All in all, tough break on not becoming a Maran. But you kept trucking regardless, and that's what counts. I will say that your discontent did show through at some points, but I tried as best as I could to encourage you to keep on going, in hopes that one day it would just BAM!, happen.

Best of luck and all that jazz. And see you in the fields!

Merenwen (Guest)Thu 17-Aug-06 01:17 AM

#50089, "RE: (DELETED)Aiyedn Coulwit, Holy Knight of Summer, Ete..."
In response to Reply #0

I learned a lot watching you about using my skills and powers to their full. I still have a long way to go I know. I'll do my best to stop dying. You're presence will be missed greatly.

Brulgor (Guest)Wed 16-Aug-06 11:02 PM

#50081, "RE: (DELETED)Aiyedn Coulwit, Holy Knight of Summer, Ete..."
In response to Reply #0

I liked you and respected you. I had no idea you were a Squire, I naturally assumed you were a Maran through your actions and skill.

Not sure how you went about pursuing Maranization with the Imms, though you may consider reaching out via IC note to grab the right people's attention -- this has worked for others in the past.

Have fun, and thanks for all the swords.

Aiyedn (Guest)Thu 17-Aug-06 01:02 AM

#50087, "RE: (DELETED)Aiyedn Coulwit, Holy Knight of Summer, Ete..."
In response to Reply #16

Oh god dude, if I had a dollar for every sword you took from me by stripping them.....You were seriously the reason I ever kept more that two swords on me. Sad thing is, I had spiderhands preps on me most of those times. I just always forgot about them, or didn't have time to use them when we fought. Way to stick out being Anathema for so long and still kicking. Good luck and take care.

InnisWed 16-Aug-06 10:57 PM
Member since 20th Feb 2005
106 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50080, "RE: (DELETED)Aiyedn Coulwit, Holy Knight of Summer, Ete..."
In response to Reply #0

Sheesh, after all that work I did...forming you into...oh wait, you did that.

FWIW, you did well. I was very pleased with your actions as a paladin.

Good luck.

innis@carrionfields.com

Aiyedn (Guest)Thu 17-Aug-06 01:04 AM

#50088, "RE: (DELETED)Aiyedn Coulwit, Holy Knight of Summer, Ete..."
In response to Reply #15

After that in depth talk we had about the tattoo, I was a little worried that I had strayed off the path as it didn't quite go how I had it planned in my head. But you reassured me all was well, and I just kept on truckin'. I really want to thank you for the time you spent interacting with me, and as always it was fun being around you. I'm sure I'll see you about. Later.

Gerandiel (Guest)Wed 16-Aug-06 03:40 AM

#50051, "re Caballing of where someone is etc"
In response to Reply #0

As I'm sure you discovered, people can shake off pursuit and escape paladins. So the constant caballing of locations was intended to enable others to cut them off and pick them up, rather than a request for help. The reason I didn't want help is that I didn't want the shaman to decide he couldn't win and run off, which is what happened in the end.

Normally, if I do it, it is because someone is teleporting around and I want whoever can get to them quickly to do it, because depending on where they land I usually cannot.

I understand where the confusion came in though on the occasion we argued over it, because I did suggest we fight together but that was to take the scepter with the shaman guarding. I figured that would take two, whereas alone we'd probably run out of mana and be unable to keep him off us whilst we took the scepter. Outside of the chasm it hadn't occurred to me that you would still be thinking that, although it makes sense since I never said anything to the contrary until after.

After that though, I made a point of making it clearer that I didn't want help if I didn't want help.

I felt that there was some friction between us over efforts to get Defiance, which Crulvane was working to create. As I told him, I would be willing to help you get it, since it was more important for the blade to be freed than who actually wielded it. I bet he didn't pass that bit along to you though.

Just felt to me as if you were uncomfortable around me from that point onwards, way before the incident where you came to help me fight with the result that the shaman ran off.

Anyway, I thought Aiyden was decent, despite our differences. I liked that you always made a point of picking up the enemy cabal items if we didn't have them already and you were able to.

Aiyedn (Guest)Wed 16-Aug-06 08:55 AM

#50054, "RE: re Caballing of where someone is etc"
In response to Reply #9

Not clear on the whole defiance thing and crulvane. I never knew anything about this. Care to explain a bit?

Crulvane (Guest)Wed 16-Aug-06 09:02 AM

#50055, "Heh"
In response to Reply #10

I knew you were both trying to retrieve it around the same time. By locating corpses and stuff. I just planted little seeds of doubt regarding how vigorous you were trying to get it and that you had many allies dying to get it for you. Told him he better hurry because you usually woke soon and would probably get it first.

Hey man, everything and anything, to get the green envy flowing in my enemies. Paladins are goodies, but the chars behind it are all still greedy bastards like me.

Heh

Aiyedn (Guest)Wed 16-Aug-06 11:00 AM

#50056, "RE: Heh"
In response to Reply #11

Heh, thats kinda funny. I actually never tried for defiance. One time Lauraine, Adhelard and I were gonna give it a go, but she ended up having to do something else. Other than that I never gave it a thought. I remebered Gerandiel having it once, but Aiyedn's outlook on it was that death to himself or others in pursuit of an object was foolish. I happened to die to the king once, but it was on accident as I was walking around to get to the phylac down there and got turned around.

Gerandiel (Guest)Sat 19-Aug-06 04:34 AM

#50142, "I since figured out how to get it alone"
In response to Reply #12

Just not got round to it yet. I also didn't want to get anyone else killed.

Gistle (Guest)Tue 15-Aug-06 10:20 PM

#50049, "RE: (DELETED)Aiyedn Coulwit, Holy Knight of Summer, Ete..."
In response to Reply #0

Actually, you were one of the paladins I was most wary of. You were always up for a fight, solo or with a group, and you were always a tough opponent. I hope you found it at least a little fun going up against me; I respected you as a player quite a lot, so I always tried to make sure I gave you back what I could grab (sadly it was never that much).

Good luck!

Gistle

Krundig (Guest)Tue 15-Aug-06 08:17 PM

#50047, "Krundig is the name dispeling is my game?"
In response to Reply #0

No seriously now, you had ALOT more options against me you just seemed to be dead set on playing every single card in your deck against me, Big mistake considering the mana cost to you.
You seemed well RPed even for a damn Maran wannabe, too bad you were never ever going to kill me alone, and I was never going to gang you, though with our last interaction I was sorely tempted.
But lets let by-gones be such, and roll something on the underdog side of the playing field. *Note I have been busy moving my girlfriend in so I have no F'n clue which side that is*

Aiyedn (Guest)Wed 16-Aug-06 11:05 AM

#50057, "RE: Krundig is the name dispeling is my game?"
In response to Reply #7

If the last interaction was in reference to me and a couple others managing to kill you, then I'm sorry. I felt kinda bad about it, but me and the bard got word of where you were and went to check it out. Didn't realize the other was there, but at the same time Aiyedn's outlook was one that he wouldn't let you just stand there either. I had known from our previous fights that myself alone besting you wasn't likely, so I improvised. :p Aiyedn saw things like this: He would try to fight you alone, but evil was evil and it needed killing. So if he happened across you with someone in tow (which was rare) you were still getting attacked. And yeah, I'm trying to decide what exactly to roll now. That was my first char to play on the side of strength and to be honest it was quite boring to do.

Dhaezym (Guest)Tue 15-Aug-06 05:05 PM

#50044, "I the player felt really bad about keeping your bracele..."
In response to Reply #0

However, the character definitely thought it was in his best interest.

I sac'd them later that night, if it is any consolation.

Good luck on your next.

Aiyedn (Guest)Wed 16-Aug-06 11:09 AM

#50058, "RE: I the player felt really bad about keeping your bra..."
In response to Reply #6

Eh, I was due to lose em. I had died three or four times and they weren't looted so, it was just my time. I really wasn't expecting Gistle that time, and my groupmate fled while I was in pretty bad health leaving me to get frozen by that neuro. Yeah, that was rough, but goodies tend to have it easy when it comes to regear. I wasn't out of it for long.

Crulvane (Guest)Tue 15-Aug-06 01:30 PM

#50039, "Blood, blood, blood..."
In response to Reply #0

Nice char. My offer was not very nice. My goddess craves paladin blood and I was going to use your 'gift' to complete my transformation to a full vampire. Once that was completed I was going to continue to hunt fortress. It was still fun to plan for even though it never panned out. Hehe Nice job

Landren (Guest)Tue 15-Aug-06 01:19 PM

#50037, "And another blow to the brigade"
In response to Reply #0

Man, did you guys have a pizza party and orchestrate this? Mass paladin deletion. Admittedly, the role I am playing does not necessarily make me an easy person to approach or be able to spend time around. I thought you were a solid paladin and an asset to the fort. Always more to add later when I'm done.

Krynna (Guest)Tue 15-Aug-06 10:23 AM

#50027, "Pity"
In response to Reply #0

You was fun to fight with, balls to the walls. With the exception that I do HATE counter

Well done, and good luck with the next one!

Krynna (Guest)Tue 15-Aug-06 10:26 AM

#50028, "On a side note"
In response to Reply #1

IC I always was trying to find out why Fort members consider her to be 'tainted' (without knowing anything of her or her life) and attack her on sight. But I failed to get answer from anyone whom I asked (Hyzin *cough cough cough*). May be should ask you before you deleted! I bet we would have an interesting conversation.

Pity.

silencedstatikTue 15-Aug-06 10:26 AM
Member since 13th Aug 2005
81 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#50029, "RE: Pity"
In response to Reply #1

Sorry I forgot you. I knew you were always up for a fight. That last fight we had, I had some preps I neglected using, and I regretted it too, heh. I had seen you only minutes earlier in a place that led me to believe you were gathering a certain potion to use, too. Then when I saw my damage output on you I regretted having not prepped. Well done, and good luck out there, I know the odds are a bit stacked against you.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50026 Previous topic | Next topic