Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Lucan Innsman the Banisher of Fear" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50000
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 14-Aug-06 03:08 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50000, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Lucan Innsman the Banisher of Fear"

Mon Aug 14 15:04:50 2006

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Lucan perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:paladin
Level:41
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:135

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodfolk, Sir, and Verily!, Marigue (Guest), 16-Aug-06 05:37 PM, #31
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Lucan Innsman the Banisher of ..., Aiyedn (Guest), 14-Aug-06 08:28 PM, #14
Reply Thanks, txt, Lucan (Guest), 14-Aug-06 08:51 PM, #15
Reply Goodbyes, Nightwiggler (Guest), 14-Aug-06 03:20 PM, #2
Reply My play times drop off for a week and everyone forgets...., Guendhyr (Guest), 14-Aug-06 03:47 PM, #4
Reply Ahhh sorry I forgot you. txt, Lucan (Guest), 14-Aug-06 03:55 PM, #5
Reply Ouch! I liked Lucan but had one small gripe, Gerandiel (Guest), 14-Aug-06 05:12 PM, #6
Reply I'd ask for specifics on rp but I'll save that until I'..., Gerandiel (Guest), 14-Aug-06 05:14 PM, #7
     Reply Couple things, Lucan (Guest), 14-Aug-06 06:52 PM, #10
     Reply That's fine, Gerandiel (Guest), 16-Aug-06 03:31 AM, #29
          Reply Nah txt, Lucan (Guest), 16-Aug-06 11:28 AM, #30
     Reply About temperance, Lucan (Guest), 14-Aug-06 06:59 PM, #13
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Thorzek (Guest), 14-Aug-06 05:43 PM, #8
Reply If it is come consolation txt, Lucan (Guest), 14-Aug-06 06:58 PM, #12
Reply Fare thee well, Chokiare (Guest), 14-Aug-06 05:51 PM, #9
Reply Vanilla doesnt mean bad, just txt, Lucan (Guest), 14-Aug-06 06:54 PM, #11
Reply Blast!, Morior (Guest), 14-Aug-06 09:36 PM, #16
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Thamuz (Guest), 14-Aug-06 10:28 PM, #17
Reply You were always polite to me! txt, Lucan (Guest), 15-Aug-06 12:27 PM, #25
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Lightmaged (Guest), 14-Aug-06 11:01 PM, #18
Reply No dirt really (txt), Lucan (Guest), 15-Aug-06 12:28 PM, #26
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Kiph (Guest), 15-Aug-06 01:40 AM, #19
Reply Damn, guess I won't be able to...., Hyzin (Guest), 15-Aug-06 05:49 AM, #20
Reply Eheehehe. txt, Lucan (Guest), 15-Aug-06 12:19 PM, #23
Reply Being a perma-paladin player..., NavySeal, 15-Aug-06 09:27 AM, #21
Reply As I think I said above (txt), Lucan (Guest), 15-Aug-06 12:21 PM, #24
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Dellian (Guest), 15-Aug-06 09:58 AM, #22
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Dynstai (Guest), 15-Aug-06 12:31 PM, #27
Reply This sucks, Landren (Guest), 15-Aug-06 01:17 PM, #28
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Marenwen (Guest), 17-Aug-06 01:27 AM, #32
Reply Why?, TRL (Guest), 14-Aug-06 03:15 PM, #1
     Reply Situation I can't go into that essentially ruins the ch..., Lucan (Guest), 14-Aug-06 03:21 PM, #3

Marigue (Guest)Wed 16-Aug-06 05:37 PM

#50064, "Goodfolk, Sir, and Verily!"
In response to Reply #0

I'll just echo what the other people here are saying.

You were an awesome paladin with some good RP. I wish you would have stayed in longer so that I could put my raid deathtrap into action.

The Fort seems to be going through paladins like no tomorrow.

Hope to see you on my side again.

Aiyedn (Guest)Mon 14-Aug-06 08:28 PM

#50014, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Lucan Innsman the Banisher of ..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see you go, but I can atleast understand your frustration with absent immortals. I think there are a few of us in general who are starting to get gray hairs over it in the fort.(Not referring to my patron imm) Well played though, and consitantly well roleplayed. I still remember little ol Bjal(sp) and him inducting what was my second outlander. Anyhow, good luck on your next and better luck next time with an empoweree. I know how much you wanted to accomplish with Lucan.

Lucan (Guest)Mon 14-Aug-06 08:51 PM

#50017, "Thanks, txt"
In response to Reply #14

I didnt really want to accomplish much actually. I wanted to play as good of a paladin rp wise as I could, and I think I did that. I also wanted to be aarns voice/avatar/whatever because I never felt I did his religion justice with Hrugald. That part didnt happen.

Keep trucking and think about your cabal chatter a bit more. Aiyden is cool, but the CB messed him up a bit for me.

Nightwiggler (Guest)Mon 14-Aug-06 03:20 PM

#50002, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

I loved this character, but things completely outside of my control means that the original character concept wasnt going to work, and that has taken the desire to play him out of me. A pity, because I think my role play clicked better than it has since I played Bjai.

He was originally made as a test run for two handers, and I ended up having a ball playing him.

Twohanders are super frustrating and super fun at the same time. I had fortitude, which meant pretty often I was a damned damage machine. On the flipside, I was utter and complete bash bait. I preferred to be pincered than bashed. Templars defense is an amazing skill, and I think I just scratched the surface of it. Playing a two hander seems like you are gambling on getting temperance. The difference in one without and one with it from logs and from watching other paladins with lucan is just immense.

Some general Cabal notes. I saw exceptionally classy chars in all cabals with Lucan. I died near 30 times and was full looted maybe three. The level of RP I saw on all sides, and the level of willingness to mix it up was impressive. Fort has numbers right now, sort of, but the cabals seemed balanced, no one was an utter pansy, and the general quality of people on all sides seemed high. I think the game is in a good place right now.

Goodbyes

Fort

Aarn -- Bummer.

Landren -- Pure class, amazing char. Nuff said.

Adhelard -- A rock, and cherrful despite your position.

Chokiare -- Vanilla.

Gerandiel -- If your rp was up to your skill level you'd be a first rate paladin.

Aiyden -- Better than Gerandiel, but if you tighten the RP down a bit I think you will do great things.

Dynstai -- Awesome hard ass acolyte role. Liked you lots OOC, IC I had respect for you and you were what I thought acolytes should be from Lucans perspective. Namely, hard asses and distinctly not floofi.

Dellian -- Lots of heart, good rp, decent skill even if you seem a little new. Keep trucking you are a solid fortie.

Ursuul -- Good rp, you should be inducted.

Legressil -- Love your rp, I don't have the balls to play an elf like that but it is impressive to see.

Merenwen -- Very good paladin, softer than dynstai but a very good acolyte all the same.

Kiph -- Obviously skilled, tighten the RP down a little. You sometimes seem like fort bot #123897314.

Friends

Kiamae -- Well rped, I think trib paladin is much more difficult to play right than most people think, and I think you understand the intracacies. Well done.

Enemies

Thamuz -- Super classy, super skilled, utterly prepped, damned dangerous. Was a pleasure having an enemy that so utterly outclassed me.

Morior -- Very solid, slightly outclassed me but in some fights I could get lucky.

Thorzek -- Did Corth really poison you? Damned brave.

Altin -- Wish you were as classy as you are skilled. Maybe it is just rp, but it seemed like OOC petulence was showing through your character. Regardless, skilled.

Ibcade -- Sorry about that multi kill, but with a healer there I wasn't about to let you hang out unghosted when 4 supps would have you back in fighting trim.

Ustil -- You kicked my ass, Rogue.

I'm sure I will make something soon, but after the effort I put into rping Lucan, I need to think up a role I am excited about.

Larcat

Guendhyr (Guest)Mon 14-Aug-06 03:47 PM

#50004, "My play times drop off for a week and everyone forgets...."
In response to Reply #2

You're going to be missed dude. Solid ####in character.

- G Star

Lucan (Guest)Mon 14-Aug-06 03:55 PM

#50005, "Ahhh sorry I forgot you. txt"
In response to Reply #4

You seemed very willing to mix it up, and not afraid to lose your gear. Another good char.

Gerandiel (Guest)Mon 14-Aug-06 05:12 PM

#50006, "Ouch! I liked Lucan but had one small gripe"
In response to Reply #2

Overall I though Lucan was very good. I only had one very small gripe about him.

That was when I was talking to the fort about considering whether you had a chance of accomplishing your objective before attacking in town. You spoke all fire and brimstone, but I wondered if you'd actually live it. I wasn't saying you shouldn't get yourself wanted. I was saying to consider whether you could achieve your goals in doing so. My own first flag was attacking Belngar as a lowbie when he had a hero healer with him and Kiamae was 4 rooms away. Not clever. In fact, pointless if the point was to kill him (which it was back then). My advice was just to get the fort to consider things if they had the time and not to make gestures that achieved nothing. You could argue that the gesture itself achieves something, but that's a different matter.

I didn't have a problem with you arguing with me. I just didn't get the impression you actually agreed with what you were saying, and instead got the impression that you were trying to speak like a Shokai paladin, even if you didn't believe it.

Sorry you didn't think my rp was up to much. It will be interesting when you find out who the player is because we know each other quite well, and you probably think of me as an rp'er and not a pk'er.

Good luck with the next.

Also, I don't think temperance is the essential virtue for a two-hander. It is definitely useful but with enlarge and reduce some of the others become very nice too.

If I had to like temperance to something, I'd liken it to an old-school archon. Keeps you alive but not as deadly as an angel.

Gerandiel (Guest)Mon 14-Aug-06 05:14 PM

#50007, "I'd ask for specifics on rp but I'll save that until I'..."
In response to Reply #6

I didn't really think I interacted enough with Lucan to get a bad rp rating, so I'm wondering what it was that left such a bad taste in your mouth.

The one mistake I do remember was confusing you with Landren when I was extremely overtired.

Lucan (Guest)Mon 14-Aug-06 06:52 PM

#50010, "Couple things"
In response to Reply #7

First about attacking in town, Lucan had some very specific ideas about it.

First, I didnt do it much because of some IC things, but the one time I did attack knowing I was going to get a flag I also knew I wouldnt seal the kill. So to that degree at least, I did live it. The situation was a bunch of imperials in my range trying to retrieve and then hiding in voralian. IC my thought was, im not going to let them feel safe and prevert the inherent goodness of voralian by hiding there. No rest for the wicked.

Second, there was one very specific instance which completely soured my view of Gerandiel, before that I sort fo lumped you and aiyden together in my head. You can email me if you want to to discuss further. larcat@larcat.com

sorry if I was overly harsh

Gerandiel (Guest)Wed 16-Aug-06 03:31 AM

#50050, "That's fine"
In response to Reply #10

I can guess what the instance was but I don't totally agree with it if I'm right.

What Gerandiel said isn't at odds with what you said.

He didn't say "Don't attack in town". He said "Don't attack in town if you can't achieve your objective by attacking".

If your objective is not to kill them, but merely to send a message, and you can achieve that, then Gerandiel would not have a problem with it. He just didn't want people attacking when they couldn't achieve what they planned to, because they hadn't thought about it.

Lucan (Guest)Wed 16-Aug-06 11:28 AM

#50059, "Nah txt"
In response to Reply #29

It was a different situation. I'll just wait till you are gone to go any further cause this is smacking too much of messing with an active char.

Take it easy.

Lucan (Guest)Mon 14-Aug-06 06:59 PM

#50013, "About temperance"
In response to Reply #7

I used enlarge lots, and still got horrible mauled by bash. In fairness, getting bashed also got me some kills. I think that swiftstrike may make the real difference, but that might be overestimating the effect of that inherent.

Thorzek (Guest)Mon 14-Aug-06 05:43 PM

#50008, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

Yes. I wore the gear and was like '####. I'm gonna die. And I'm too proud to say 'Heal me?'' so I just recalled and died in a hole.

Yes, I try to be brave and do what I must. I hated to fight you because well...always had a hard time against paladins. Even with some preps up. Either way, sucks now. The Fort in the 30's and beginning of 40's are all dying!

Lucan (Guest)Mon 14-Aug-06 06:58 PM

#50012, "If it is come consolation txt"
In response to Reply #8

I was in the process of getting Corth booted for that. He deleted before it was a thing though.

Chokiare (Guest)Mon 14-Aug-06 05:51 PM

#50009, "Fare thee well"
In response to Reply #2

Sad to see you go Lucan. I was just discussing you with another the other day and was vertain it would be you that succeeded Landren and I. I am sorry that whatever happened to ruin your character, and I looked forward to being able to interact with you more now that you were reaching Hero. I'm sorry you thought my roleplay was vanilla, but we really didnt get to interact to much. From my side of things I thought you were a great character, and hope you have as much fun with the next.

Lucan (Guest)Mon 14-Aug-06 06:54 PM

#50011, "Vanilla doesnt mean bad, just txt"
In response to Reply #9

You seemed a very middle of the road fort hero. Vanilla icecream is damned tasty, but on the otherhand it doesnt end up sticking out. I also was early on soured on you. Right after I got inducted we were retrieving together and you were using a defilement type attack weapon. Some dagger. I should have said something, but it bugged me at the time and sort of stuck with me on.

Anyways, leadership is always tough, and goodluck!

Morior (Guest)Mon 14-Aug-06 09:36 PM

#50018, "Blast!"
In response to Reply #2

Sigh, another paladin gone. Damned but I would have done so much better against you and Dellian if I had just gone swords/greeting like a good empire bot just off the assembly line and hadn't tried a creative spec/legacy combination.

I remember engaging you ONCE when I was like level 20 and you wrathing me for about 70% of my health in one shot. I ran away. Fast.

The next time I engaged you it was more even, we had some really cool fights. I ended up going "####it" and bashing you, simply because your damage output exceeded mine by a good measure, even though I really don't like bashing a lot.

I was a lot more afraid of you than you were of me, though, because of that nasty freakin wrath vuln. Goddamn all wrath vulns, triple demo through prot good is just =(, especially when you have a nice lagger (cough Dellian, damn you to hell Dellian, cough) to help.

Enjoyed your character as an enemy, rather than an ally (I knew a few of your previous characters), see you in the fields.

Thamuz (Guest)Mon 14-Aug-06 10:28 PM

#50019, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

You sacked my unholy weapon!

You were very paladinly and I suppose the best compliment I can give uyou is the same compliment I give to Landren, you made me want to be less of an evil bastard. We had a ton of fights you definately had me breathing hard on more than a few occassions. Ofcourse you saced my unhol which is ####ing annoying. good char and all that other stuff youwill be missed.

PS to any that are wondering I am giong to be out of town for better part of this week, dealing with some personal stuff.

thamuz

Lucan (Guest)Tue 15-Aug-06 12:27 PM

#50032, "You were always polite to me! txt"
In response to Reply #17

About your unholy, actually I *didn't* sac it, some lowbie, evil, rager app thief did. I offered him gold to do it in the rush to blow the thing up (gives you an idea of how scared I was of thamuz). That I saw as a pretty big #### up on my part (associating with evil, stepping too close to the taint etc) I ended up giving up coins as pennance, and man did that suck. Before that I was probably using 5-10k per session just on heal refresh. Anyways, u r teh_scary.

Lightmaged (Guest)Mon 14-Aug-06 11:01 PM

#50021, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

I liked what I saw. I talk to alot of people and Lucan always seemed to crop up during retrievals and raids. "Dont think I can retrieve, Lucan and another are there...."

Paladins are fun anyhow...im curious what caused you to delete. The real DIRT that is.

Heh

Lucan (Guest)Tue 15-Aug-06 12:28 PM

#50033, "No dirt really (txt)"
In response to Reply #18

Like no drama or any of that, just one of the two goals I had with the character is not possible, and that sort of knocked the feet out from under my desire to play him.

Kiph (Guest)Tue 15-Aug-06 01:40 AM

#50022, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

Bah, we had some good times in the midranks. You tried really hard to RP, which must have sucked because you were so damn serious all the time. I can't play a serious character because quite frankly, it's no fun, but more power to you. I'll try to add some crazy horror story about people butchering my family to my RP to really become Fortbot #1234324 . But seriously, there's not enough normalcy in the world, it's almost weird.

Anyhow good times, good luck with your next

Hyzin (Guest)Tue 15-Aug-06 05:49 AM

#50023, "Damn, guess I won't be able to...."
In response to Reply #2

Beat that respect out of you. He he, you don't know it but I did something similar with Reir who was completely for taking down little social boundaries like that. She used to punch me in the arm and stuff, so I thought I'd give it a try on you though my guess is I'd have never got rid of the 'sirs'. See you in the fields, compadre.

Lucan (Guest)Tue 15-Aug-06 12:19 PM

#50030, "Eheehehe. txt"
In response to Reply #20

Nope, never would have gotten rid of the sirs, but good try! Hyzin seems a cool character, somehow chill and grave at the same time. Wish you had been around more!

NavySealTue 15-Aug-06 09:27 AM
Member since 11th Jul 2006
12 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50024, "Being a perma-paladin player..."
In response to Reply #2

I'll say the handy thing about *not* getting temperance is I usually killed more people without it because I *could* be bashed. Take that for what it is I guess. It can be tricky though yeah.

Lucan (Guest)Tue 15-Aug-06 12:21 PM

#50031, "As I think I said above (txt)"
In response to Reply #21

I definetly got some kills because of bash. One example was against Riouv, I found him in azuremain, attacked and he thirsted and proceeded to spam bash one me. He's a sword spec and I just meleed him into the ground. Also killed an orc or two that way. On the other hand against wanded APs *cough thamuz* enlarge didnt work well, and because of an rp restriction of mine I couldnt run around with lots of reduce.

Dellian (Guest)Tue 15-Aug-06 09:58 AM

#50025, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

Ouch, this is a blow to me. Dellian is actually a comeback character for me, which is probably why I am seeming new. Anyway, beyond that, I really liked being around you and hope you enjoy your next.

Dynstai (Guest)Tue 15-Aug-06 12:31 PM

#50034, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

I really enjoyed your rp in the fort. We have some really good Paladins in there right now, and you were on the top of the list of the list on who was the best paladin, well, in my humble thoughts. Going to miss hearing Lucan on the CB. Have fun in the fields.

Landren (Guest)Tue 15-Aug-06 01:17 PM

#50036, "This sucks"
In response to Reply #2

Lucan was one of the most solid paladins I've seen in game. It was like I was playing with Sturm (that is very much a compliment, a character from dragonlance, not CF). This really sucks, and I'll go more indepth on Lucan when my time comes.

Marenwen (Guest)Thu 17-Aug-06 01:27 AM

#50091, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

I'll ty to be harder, but no guarentees. I'll miss you, sir. You were a great influence and even better teacher. Sadly I really only started to get to know you right before you left. Thanks for everything.

TRL (Guest)Mon 14-Aug-06 03:15 PM

#50001, "Why?"
In response to Reply #0

Someone just called you one of his "three favorite RP'ers" on Dio's, I was hoping to have a chat with you. Deleted? : [

Lucan (Guest)Mon 14-Aug-06 03:21 PM

#50003, "Situation I can't go into that essentially ruins the ch..."
In response to Reply #1

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #50000 Previous topic | Next topic