Subject: "Crulvane" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #49879
Show all folders

LightmageWed 09-Aug-06 03:47 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
319 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49879, "Crulvane"

Bad stuff going on in real life. Not to me personally but family stuff.

Sorry.

Ill post some goodbyes later.

Take care.

Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Crulvane, Aiyedn (Guest), 14-Aug-06 08:34 PM, #37
Reply RE: Crulvane, Shallea (Guest), 11-Aug-06 08:56 PM, #33
Reply Never was in your pk but txt, Lucan (Guest), 10-Aug-06 04:38 PM, #30
Reply That's too bad, Enzyasa (Guest), 10-Aug-06 02:29 PM, #29
Reply What a shame!, Lerimos (Guest), 09-Aug-06 04:44 PM, #5
Reply RE: What a shame!, Brulgor (Guest), 09-Aug-06 05:50 PM, #9
     Reply Right, this post was meant for Lightmage's goodbye. n/t, B (Guest), 09-Aug-06 05:50 PM, #10
Reply Notes and stuff, Lightmage, 09-Aug-06 04:23 PM, #2
Reply Where were you when I was in Scion?, Kruuank (Guest), 09-Aug-06 04:31 PM, #3
Reply Your the worst, Krundig (Guest), 09-Aug-06 04:48 PM, #6
Reply RE: Your the worst, Lightmaged (Guest), 09-Aug-06 08:06 PM, #11
Reply RE: Full looting, Hyzin (Guest), 09-Aug-06 04:48 PM, #7
Reply On thing I gotta ask..., Lightmaged (Guest), 10-Aug-06 12:12 PM, #25
     Reply In his defence, That_Transmuter (Guest), 10-Aug-06 09:06 PM, #31
Reply I don't know whether to cheer or cry, Chokiare (Guest), 09-Aug-06 04:58 PM, #8
Reply Ustil...sorry man didnt forget you either..., Lightmaged (Guest), 09-Aug-06 08:14 PM, #12
Reply An excellent character that will be missed, Gerandiel (Guest), 10-Aug-06 03:34 AM, #13
Reply RE: An excellent character that will be missed, Lightmaged (Guest), 10-Aug-06 08:46 AM, #17
Reply RE: Notes and stuff, Ajhaal (Guest), 10-Aug-06 04:16 AM, #14
Reply Bah., Lauraine (Guest), 10-Aug-06 05:40 AM, #15
Reply I just meant..., Lightmaged (Guest), 10-Aug-06 08:38 AM, #16
Reply RE: Notes and stuff, To Eshval (Guest), 10-Aug-06 08:57 AM, #18
Reply That was from me..TO eshval. Blah. n/t, Lightmaged (Guest), 10-Aug-06 08:58 AM, #19
Reply Yes, I did., Eshval, 12-Aug-06 02:39 AM, #36
Reply Damn Son!, Thamuz (Guest), 10-Aug-06 10:16 AM, #20
Reply RE: Notes and stuff, Marigue (Guest), 10-Aug-06 11:22 AM, #21
Reply Damage, Lightmaged (Guest), 10-Aug-06 11:30 AM, #22
Reply The only thing worse than a mongoose..., Adhelard1 (Guest), 10-Aug-06 11:54 AM, #23
Reply Yeh that kinda sucked..., Lightmaged (Guest), 10-Aug-06 12:05 PM, #24
Reply RE: Notes and stuff, Fortella (Guest), 10-Aug-06 01:11 PM, #26
Reply Appologies..., Lightmaged (Guest), 10-Aug-06 01:16 PM, #27
Reply RE: Notes and stuff, Landren (Guest), 10-Aug-06 01:45 PM, #28
Reply RE: Notes and stuff, Nreisshe (Guest), 11-Aug-06 02:28 AM, #32
Reply RE: Notes and stuff, Dynstai (Guest), 12-Aug-06 02:07 AM, #34
Reply RE: Notes and stuff, Eshval, 12-Aug-06 02:37 AM, #35
Reply Good luck with your family, I hope all ends well. nt, Nightwiggler (Guest), 09-Aug-06 04:10 PM, #1
     Reply That came out bad...its not life and death stuff., Lightmaged (Guest), 09-Aug-06 04:38 PM, #4

Aiyedn (Guest)Mon 14-Aug-06 08:34 PM

#50016, "RE: Crulvane"
In response to Reply #0

Well, what to say....Good job. That damn displacer beast was frustrating to try and deal with. I had a hunch it was you, but it was based off the fact that you were a non gnome, well roleplayed shifter that did well for themselves. Your eagle managed to catch me with my pants down a couple times, but being able to sense you in the air was a definate plus. I had to fight you as Alidove and man I'm glad you didn't have something hyenaish to have to try and deal with. Well, again well done and I hope things go well in your life situation. I know we'll see you around.

Shallea (Guest)Fri 11-Aug-06 08:56 PM

#49958, "RE: Crulvane"
In response to Reply #0

Never stood much of a chance against you, so everytime I saw you logged on, I'd pretty much just sit around hoping you weren't going to flyto me and destroy me. Anyway, good character from what I saw, and looking back on that one time you had asked for a word with me, I really should have talked to. I'm sure it would have been interesting.

Anyway, hope everything's alright with the family and such, even if it isn't life or death, and hope to see you back in the fields soon.

Lucan (Guest)Thu 10-Aug-06 04:38 PM

#49928, "Never was in your pk but txt"
In response to Reply #0

From everthing I saw I had mad respect. You would retrieve against huge odds, rped a little with you once outside of arial city. I remember thinking then 'Well this one is better than Harkan!'.

Nice work.

Enzyasa (Guest)Thu 10-Aug-06 02:29 PM

#49920, "That's too bad"
In response to Reply #0

I was looking forward to interacting with you a lot more. You had a great rp style and it was fun to speak to you during the short bits that we had. This is my favorite shifter of yours so far, and I've known a lot of them.

Lerimos (Guest)Wed 09-Aug-06 04:44 PM

#49884, "What a shame!"
In response to Reply #0

Here I die and then you get the super awesome displacer beast, it would have been a blast to fight you with it. You were my favorite foe by far far and away with my sweet blood anyway. Looking at chars you mentioned you are extremely impressive and I hope to interact next to you sometime instead of against you. Hope everything works out well for you

Brulgor (Guest)Wed 09-Aug-06 05:50 PM

#49888, "RE: What a shame!"
In response to Reply #5

You were definately a quality char. I wish we had talked more, but if it wasn't you in form, then it would be me running from my bigger, stronger many enemies.

Once you got the mongoose on steroids form, I knew the casual skirmishes were at an end.. I'd actually have to watch myself or I'd be dead!

Aside from that, I'm sorry you had to catch me during an 'off-time'.. if you come back soon, I should have a plan for my character ready!

Hope everything is ok with the fam.

Best,

-B.

B (Guest)Wed 09-Aug-06 05:50 PM

#49889, "Right, this post was meant for Lightmage's goodbye. n/t"
In response to Reply #9

n/t

LightmageWed 09-Aug-06 04:23 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
319 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49881, "Notes and stuff"
In response to Reply #0

This was a fun time. I loved the role I had with this guy. Ill post the thing if it dont show up on my PBF. I was not overly happy when I got my defensive form Mongoose....I was thinking ahh ####e heres another Anith. And I guess it was kinda. I played him pretty much to respect all my foes and like usual I enjoy talking more than PKing (most of the time). The ONLY reason I went Scion was because of Muuloc and Eshval. Muuloc was there for me when I played Harkan and I know this guy recognizes what it takes to play this game hard. Eshval, I love every interaction. I felt like I was your minion, and you were the Queen Vampire like on that Queen of the Damned movie... Perfect.

I can only handle a serious cabal type once and a while. It physically takes alot out of me. I play alot and I find if I play at night im tired the next day. If I play before work Im tired at work...but what the hell I was having a blast.

Scion was in the ####ter when I joined and I think its going to be going good now.

I play a nice evil...Im probably the easiest going dark bastard but I can crack the whip. Alot of my 'niceness' with certain chars had some reasons behind it. I wasnt a pushover though as some who thought to take advantage of me learnt quick.

The quest form was awesome too. I am going to miss that power when I play my next shifter some time, which I definatly will. It was pretty freakish at times.

I never looted much, I was a wand whore, and a cautious fool. But whatever, I have more fun playing like that than when I do other things.

Fortress:

Hyzin: I hated you for the constant full loots and sacrifices. I mean how can you live with yourself. I hate you on the other board as well. ( Just kidding, I had to add that cause all the posts of late kick you in the nuts) I liked our fights and you were cool.

Chokiare: Awesome. Made me laugh. Tough assassin.

Landren: This guy is a walking honor-guard. Freakish honor. Cool char.

Meysheyl, Afetra, Kiph: Nice fights. I dont overly like bards much for obvious reasons. Kiph, I would have eaten you but just the tender parts.

Gerandiel. Aiyedn: Tough ass pally's. Had some good fights. Well roleplayed.

Dammit there are so many of you bastards. Wederdun, Auenna, Rhaika, that Rhaika warrior friend..bah, im losing my memory.

Lauraine, some kind of healing machine healer. How the hell is she still pumping out the rejuvenates!! Bah. nice one. I know ill think of more of you..

Empire: Khurghlynn or whatever, I liked our fights and brief interactions. Skiltore, Brulgor, Remerinac, Xoregh, not alot of you lately but was still pretty good times.

Outlanders: Early in my life we fought lots. Lashel, Nreisshe, buncha of new ones. Tough rangers. I like Nreisshe, reminds me of a panther man.

Village: Gotta be my favorite foes from this batch. Gibniblik, were some good times, Lerimos was still my favorite though, we talked alot. Rektath, tough as all that. Nice fights and talks.

Tribunal: Kiamae my favorite. Knew you as Thmauddhot and throughout the other few chars. You went from a wallplant to actually gettting a pulse. I could talk to you for hours if you werent being all pissy. No offense but I was wrecking your Spire during that 'war'. Least in kills....Som, Nysrogh, Spenner, Jhelrekde, Gotokanal, respect to you all. I liked Spenner, felt bad IRL killing you but was just keeping role. Manacles really ####ed up my forms big time. But it was still fun. Jhelrekde, you should play a darkling...much more fun.

Scion: Krundig, Zeltis, Kruldah, Thamuz, Crukra, Phazinan, Vrom, Belngar, Iloriia, Enzyasa....you made things fun. I tried not to be a prick leader, but instead wanted a well rounded team. I hate playing in a cabal where the leader just barks orders and treats everyone like dirt. It better evil roleplay but this is still a game and main thing is enjoyment.

I know I am rambling, but I wanted to get out some quick goodbyes. I had a blast and will be back when things sort out and I have had a bit of a break.

Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man.

Kruuank (Guest)Wed 09-Aug-06 04:31 PM

#49882, "Where were you when I was in Scion?"
In response to Reply #2

I needed someone like you to roll around with (Cabdru was just too damn beastly for me to roll around, because he was like purple crack...I had to have it). I tried to pattern my roleplay loosely after Harkan's, but alas, I am not so good at RP. My PK ability with a shifter was horrible, but I also attempted to pattern that after you.

I really hope all the #### in your personal life works out. You are a class act IC/OOC(from what little I can tell on the forums/playstyle) and I wish you the best.

Krundig (Guest)Wed 09-Aug-06 04:48 PM

#49885, "Your the worst"
In response to Reply #2

And you were really starting to grow on me too, at first I didn't think much of you, just another shifter damn you proved me wrong, and fast too!
You'll be missed thats for damn sure.

Lightmaged (Guest)Wed 09-Aug-06 08:06 PM

#49890, "RE: Your the worst"
In response to Reply #6

Our play times just didnt mesh. I was putting in 6 hours days and I never saw you much. Plus that damn religion of yours, (Bloody Grurkite) meant I couldnt just suggest we go on a gankfest and start picking off people. About tower stuff....I went there before, died horribly, and I truthfully would rather mix it up with someone or spend 30 mintes roleplaying with an enemy than explore or gather trinkets. I usually know the gear I want and take no pleasure from reading random clues and discophering puzzles. Theres a few places I know jack #### about, and thats one of them. (Pure laziness)

Nepenthe.

Hyzin (Guest)Wed 09-Aug-06 04:48 PM

#49886, "RE: Full looting"
In response to Reply #2

Sooner or later you bitches are going to learn, that if you don't wear equipment and buy pies - I can't sacrifice it all!

Was good playing with you two, I really did enjoy the aerial combat. Wish I had more time to play so we could finally see which 'won' in the air. I vote the eagle however, since you were such a well prepared fighter. Plus the whole slow in the air thing doomed my ass. Definetly will see you in the fields again, I can't remember if we've been allies or not in the past but I'm sure we will be in future. Its always cool seeing things from both sides of a player and I think you're experienced enough to be able to see past a lot of the crap. Thanks.

Lightmaged (Guest)Thu 10-Aug-06 12:12 PM

#49913, "On thing I gotta ask..."
In response to Reply #7

Why do you try to dispell so much? I always had full preps and even if you dispelled my stone skin or haste, it would not make a diference what so ever. I noticed some of your logs and even when we fought you would revert, try a spell or two, or even zap with an earthbind, in the meanwhile you would eat four or five rounds and be unable to keep fighting when you got back in form. ABS cant be dispelled! Even slowed, the mongoose is going to dodge more than it takes to drop it. I only ask cause I remember some logs of you getting beat down by a transmuter due to being out of form. Maybe I play too cautious though so disregard some of that...ANyhow was fun.

That_Transmuter (Guest)Thu 10-Aug-06 09:06 PM

#49932, "In his defence"
In response to Reply #25

I know what he was planning*, and it would've worked, had I not landed my heavy neuros at the perfect times. I think I was one tick short of perma lagging him from full health till death.

*I just relooked at that log- don't want to put words into his mouth, but he tried to hit me with a faerie fire, then revert to tiger/griffon, and I'd have been meat in the underdark with no way to recall from the fight. Just turns out that faerie fire was the only command he could do, what with being frozen and all. I found it extremely gutsy.. though the log looked terribly in my favor it really could have slid the other way in his favor quite easily. Ahh... transmuters... sink or swim, man.

I bet he wouldn't try that again though, heh.

Chokiare (Guest)Wed 09-Aug-06 04:58 PM

#49887, "I don't know whether to cheer or cry"
In response to Reply #2

Man, you were tough even before the displacer beast, and after ... well. Hehe

I really enjoyed our interactions both combat and talks and I thought you were a hell of a roleplayer and player in general. I personally cannot think of a recent char in memory I have dealt with that had as much going on as you.

I am glad you enjoyed our fights, and I tried to mix it up with you as often as I could. Good luck with your family matters and I cant wait to see what you come up with next.

Lightmaged (Guest)Wed 09-Aug-06 08:14 PM

#49892, "Ustil...sorry man didnt forget you either..."
In response to Reply #2

I didnt put much planning into this deletion. You have some deadly forms, now its time to put the hurt on all these enemies. Prep, prep, and prep again.

Gerandiel (Guest)Thu 10-Aug-06 03:34 AM

#49895, "An excellent character that will be missed"
In response to Reply #2

You were a very interesting and well role-played enemy. I enjoyed all our talks and had immense respect for the character and player. You were always on whatever the odds and making really good use of your air form to look to accomplish things whenever I went anywhere I couldn't get out of quickly.

It was obvious that you weren't looking to take your new super-form and mow down newbies with it, and instead tie it in with your rp. That's what such forms should be for, imho, and from what I saw you fully deserved it.

It was a very powerful form but I wouldn't say overpowered, given what you used it for. When you have to try retrieving against three characters you can't kill (whilst they are together) and can't manage it, it seems to me that the form is justifiable, even if those three aren't always going to be around to face it. I have no doubt though that you would have been able to retrieve against any single one of us though, but given all the time you didn't have your scepter, I don't think that's so unreasonable.

The timing was perhaps a little unfortunate in that other scions came to hero range around the same time as you getting your form, so there could have been some serious carnage by the scions if you were still around.

As far as actually killing you goes, I don't think I ever really had much chance of that. If there was a way to do it alone, I never figured it out.

Well played, and good luck with those real life things.

Lightmaged (Guest)Thu 10-Aug-06 08:46 AM

#49901, "RE: An excellent character that will be missed"
In response to Reply #13

Yeh we had a few good fights.

There was no way you were going to kill me alone. I usually fight with ABS, protection from good, and have around 2000 hp. Id have flown away long before you beat me to the ground for the final kick. Im a ####, yeh I know...but around that 700hp threshhold, Im off licking my wounds somewhere.

Ajhaal (Guest)Thu 10-Aug-06 04:16 AM

#49896, "RE: Notes and stuff"
In response to Reply #2

#### man, I just finished moving and finally got the internet up and running and find out there is someone way overpowered I get to try and throw myself against and then find out that he is gone. You were tough before the quest form and I bet a total bad mug after. Anyone, hope things straighten up for you and your family.

Lauraine (Guest)Thu 10-Aug-06 05:40 AM

#49897, "Bah."
In response to Reply #2

We're coming up with a plan to nail displacer beast downand then you delete! Reactivate!!!

Anyway what do you mean by "I'll think of more of you?"

Lightmaged (Guest)Thu 10-Aug-06 08:38 AM

#49900, "I just meant..."
In response to Reply #15

I forget all of my goodbyes and Ill probably come up with more names. I dont make good use of punctuation so that looked like it was part of your comment.

To Eshval (Guest)Thu 10-Aug-06 08:57 AM

#49902, "RE: Notes and stuff"
In response to Reply #2

I really wanted to know if you liked my mural I made for you.

Thanks for everything, it was a blast.

Lightmaged (Guest)Thu 10-Aug-06 08:58 AM

#49903, "That was from me..TO eshval. Blah. n/t"
In response to Reply #18

n/t

EshvalSat 12-Aug-06 02:39 AM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49967, "Yes, I did."
In response to Reply #18

You have a nice flair for original creations.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

Thamuz (Guest)Thu 10-Aug-06 10:16 AM

#49904, "Damn Son!"
In response to Reply #2

I had mad plans for us yo, this #### aint kosher. We wuz gonna RULE THE WORLD BABY!
Ahh well il go back to scrapping bottom.

Marigue (Guest)Thu 10-Aug-06 11:22 AM

#49906, "RE: Notes and stuff"
In response to Reply #2

aerial eagle
c 'call lightning' mongoose
aimed leg mongoose
!
!

Fun times man, fun times. Exactly how much damage did you take from my aerial shots? How much damredux did you have?

Lightmaged (Guest)Thu 10-Aug-06 11:30 AM

#49909, "Damage"
In response to Reply #21

I took a scratch. And was earthbound for an hour.

I never got to fight you much as you usually play during the evening times when there are 5-10 fortresites about. I think early mornings and late evenings are fortress strong times. Rangers are tough though.

Adhelard1 (Guest)Thu 10-Aug-06 11:54 AM

#49911, "The only thing worse than a mongoose..."
In response to Reply #2

Is a mongoose with ABS. My "tactics": 1. kill nightwalker; 2. wield maran weap x2 3. hope for lots of progs while failing spec skills.

Although in general it seemed like I'd always log on as you were logging off. Good luck with what you have going on.

Lightmaged (Guest)Thu 10-Aug-06 12:05 PM

#49912, "Yeh that kinda sucked..."
In response to Reply #23

Our play times definatly dont line up. I would be rubbing my eyes and be getting ready to sleep, and you would log on. I cant even remember fighting you. Again, the evenings were a mess of fortress people. SOmetimes I was the only person on (evil) with a range that would make even Zorzaul cringe. I would see you somewhere alone and not even bother attacking you, thinking I might get entwined, and then cursed when the healers and clean up crew all cry or gate in. I didnt see any chance of picking you off quickly so lot of time didnt bother...I uusally can outlast entwines with the mongoose form, but why bother when I would just lose hours and hours of gathering, not to mention 14 or so wands...hehe

Fortella (Guest)Thu 10-Aug-06 01:11 PM

#49915, "RE: Notes and stuff"
In response to Reply #2

You forgot me! Anyway i had mad respect for you. Its really too bad that you had to delete, especially when I was going to go all "kamikazee" since college starts soon. I really liked you as a player and your role playing was excellent. Usually I would be too awed by it and not know how to keep up with it. Enjoyed all our fights, even though I never came close to killing you one on one, and I always had to quaff and Kiamae was there to save my ass. Hope everything goes well with you and you get back into the game soon because we need players like you.

Fortella

Lightmaged (Guest)Thu 10-Aug-06 01:16 PM

#49916, "Appologies..."
In response to Reply #26

How I could I forget to mention you in my post there? I thought you were in the cream of the crop for being uncabaled lightwalker. You took the fight to the enemies and were actually pretty damn tough. We had some fun banter going on back and forth and interesting talks. If prepped, a dagger/spear, warrior is going to own any shifter. Haste, aura, stoneskin, protection from evil, shield, and I dont think you can be beat. Keep it up and remember to take time to talk a bit...

Landren (Guest)Thu 10-Aug-06 01:45 PM

#49917, "RE: Notes and stuff"
In response to Reply #2

It really is a shame we only got to speak the one time. I enjoyed the dialogue and I was very relieved when you agreed to what I asked. I only wished I had another shot at your form without a portal, I definately think I could have put up more of a fight. Hope things level off for you soon and you have time to come back.

Nreisshe (Guest)Fri 11-Aug-06 02:28 AM

#49937, "RE: Notes and stuff"
In response to Reply #2

As slippery as always, or even more so. Last time you "only" had hyena (Alidove? I think), no mongoose, and I wasn't really looking forward to fighting a displacer beast with near 2000 hps and a/b/s.

I did have a plot brewing for catching you... I did try it a few times, but you didn't act according to my predictions then (but later when I wasn't ready, you did do just what I guessed, argh). Still, I don't think it would've worked, but it would've been a nice try or something.

See you around, I'm sure.

Dynstai (Guest)Sat 12-Aug-06 02:07 AM

#49965, "RE: Notes and stuff"
In response to Reply #2

I was impressed, another well rpied charactor.

EshvalSat 12-Aug-06 02:37 AM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49966, "RE: Notes and stuff"
In response to Reply #2

Allow me to say, well-played. You handled the underdog role of Scion quite well, often reminding folks why Scions are limited in number. I have to say, I was not one who campaigned for your form, I had another, more toothy one in mind, but often things do not work as we plan.

It was nice to see you on the dark side.

I do hope your life works out for the best. Good luck.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

Nightwiggler (Guest)Wed 09-Aug-06 04:10 PM

#49880, "Good luck with your family, I hope all ends well. nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Lightmaged (Guest)Wed 09-Aug-06 04:38 PM

#49883, "That came out bad...its not life and death stuff."
In response to Reply #1

My original post sounds like I am off to deal with my dying Grandmother or something.

Family stuff plus the physical breakdown of playing so much lately.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #49879 Previous topic | Next topic