Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Shallea the Inceptor of Divination" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #49865
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 08-Aug-06 11:08 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49865, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Shallea the Inceptor of Divination"

Tue Aug 8 23:05:25 2006

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Shallea perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:conjurer
Level:42
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:140

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply :(, Shallea (Guest), 08-Aug-06 11:49 PM, #1
     Reply RE: :(, Shallea (Guest), 08-Aug-06 11:59 PM, #2
     Reply One comment., Fort Player (Guest), 09-Aug-06 01:56 PM, #3
     Reply RE: One comment., Shallea (Guest), 09-Aug-06 03:08 PM, #6
     Reply One comment:, nepenthe, 09-Aug-06 02:27 PM, #4
     Reply RE: One comment:, Shallea (Guest), 09-Aug-06 02:48 PM, #5
     Reply Well this is unfortunate, Chokiare (Guest), 09-Aug-06 08:12 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Well this is unfortunate, Shallea (Guest), 09-Aug-06 10:09 PM, #8
     Reply RE: :(, Marigue (Guest), 10-Aug-06 11:27 AM, #9
     Reply RE: :(, Shallea (Guest), 11-Aug-06 11:18 AM, #11
     Reply Glad I could help send you out on a good note, Landren (Guest), 11-Aug-06 09:15 AM, #10
     Reply RE: Glad I could help send you out on a good note, Shallea (Guest), 11-Aug-06 11:29 AM, #12
     Reply Shallea, Crysseara, 11-Aug-06 05:04 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Shallea, Shallea (Guest), 11-Aug-06 08:50 PM, #14
     Reply RE: :(, Kraenesk (Guest), 09-Sep-06 06:45 PM, #15

Shallea (Guest)Tue 08-Aug-06 11:49 PM

#49866, ":("
In response to Reply #0

Wow. What to say.%D%A%D%AThis was a first for a LOT of things. First conjie, first time in a cabal other than Empire (which I was in only for ~1 week), first time I\\ve been within PK range of heroes, and first time I\\ve ranked to level 31 or higher (among other things).%D%A%D%AAs for why I deleted, there\\s several reasons. One, there\\s way too many rangers about right now for a conjie to be playable, I think. I really couldn\\t walk two steps in a wilderness area without being ambushed and forced to recall, not to mention how many people in general hate conjurers (I even met with some resistance within the Fort itself). Second, I got rather tired of playing her to be honest. I didn\\t have too much direction for this character, and I just felt like I was doing nothing with her. Acolytes seem to be kind of weighted towards healers and maybe paladins and I certainly couldn\\t last long enough in a fight to even think about being a Maran, so as much as I loved Fortress, I really just felt like I never belonged there. And lastly, I was really pissed off at how long I was stuck at level 42. I swear if I had not lost any experience at that level, I would have been at least level 48. For the life of me, I could not get past that level. I wasn\\t really that useful in a group (as this is my first conjurer, I\\m still bewildered by the intricacies of conjuring), so it didn\\t really happen that often, and when it did, I\\d have people jumping on me from all over the place, so it just wasn\\t worth it. But I seriously loved this character over all. I must admit that I almost cried when I deleted. :/%D%A%D%AAnyway, now to the goodbyes:%D%ALandren, thanks for the kind words as I was deleting, it really made the whole char worthwhile. You were a good friend all throughout her life, and it was hard being with you when she retired, but made her feel a bit of comfort that it wasn\\t all in vain. You really deserved the Captain position, in my opinion. As for the whole honor-bound thing, I admire it, but honestly, I don\\t think it has a place in Fortress. Too much of Fort philosophy is based on cooperation. But obviously the Imms disagree, so who am I to complain.%D%A%D%AChokiare, didn\\t spend much time around you, but when I did, you always made me giggle a little bit. I can\\t remember, but I think perhaps you were still it. :D%D%A%D%ALauraine, thanks for the guidance and help in various Acolyte-y things, you also deserved your position greatly. \"The greatest power is the unity of the Maran and the Acolyte.\" ;)%D%A%D%ABah. There\\s so many of you, and I\\m tired and this message is already friggin\\ huge. So I guess I\\ll end it here. Leave a comment, I promise to respond. Thank you so much for a wonderful character!

Shallea (Guest)Tue 08-Aug-06 11:59 PM

#49867, "RE: :("
In response to Reply #1

Sorry about the wonky formatting. Must have gotten screwed up in the copy-paste.

Fort Player (Guest)Wed 09-Aug-06 01:56 PM

#49872, "One comment."
In response to Reply #1

>>As for the whole honor-bound thing, I admire it, but honestly, I >>don\\t think it has a place in Fortress.

This is untrue, for a variety of reasons.

>>"The greatest power is the unity of the Maran and the Acolyte.\"

This is not neccessarily the only or best interpretation of the bit you are talking about.

Shallea (Guest)Wed 09-Aug-06 03:08 PM

#49878, "RE: One comment."
In response to Reply #3

Like I said, imms obviously disagree so I'm not gonna harp on it. I don't have access to roles, etc..., the imms do.

That was mostly related to that question coming up several times within a span of a few days, where someone was asked about the greatest power, and then I seemed to be the one called upon to answer (semi-)correctly.

nepentheWed 09-Aug-06 02:27 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49873, "One comment:"
In response to Reply #1

Favor of the Sun is good for something(s). You should use it.

We don't give it to scribes just to #### with you. Seriously!

Shallea (Guest)Wed 09-Aug-06 02:48 PM

#49874, "RE: One comment:"
In response to Reply #4

I would kill to know exactly what that damn power does. I definitely noticed some mana drain when other people were fighting ala lifeshield (from what I understand of it), which was hinted at in Blessings of the Acolytes or whatever it's called. I also noticed a certain conjurer spell that wouldn't cast with Favor on, because of Favor already providing a certain protection. Oh well, I have more time to figure it out yet, Acolytes haven't gotten rid of me yet. ;)

Chokiare (Guest)Wed 09-Aug-06 08:12 PM

#49891, "Well this is unfortunate"
In response to Reply #1

As you said, we didnt get to be around each other a whole lot, but what I did see I liked. Next time just give the character a bit more time to learn the nuances, then the next time you make that class you will walk into their shoes a whole lot more prepared. All in all I enjoyed having you about, and look forward to seeing your next.

P.S. Nope your still it

Shallea (Guest)Wed 09-Aug-06 10:09 PM

#49893, "RE: Well this is unfortunate"
In response to Reply #7

>As you said, we didnt get to be around each other a whole
>Next time just give the character a bit more time to learn
>the nuances, then the next time you make that class you
>will walk into their shoes a whole lot more prepared.
I really wanted to stick this char out to hero, but I just couldn't justify it. As for the last few spells I had left (from what I've heard of them at least), their risk seems to outweigh their rewards. Not to mention I'm hoping to find a class I can play that I both enjoy, and can not get run over in PK with. I can't wait to see my PK stats when my PBF goes through. My guess is somethin about like... 30-ish deaths and maybe 1 or 2 kills? And I'm probably not going to play another conjurer. Unless maybe that's Nep's big project! (Note: I seriously doubt that, but one can hope, eh?)

>look forward to seeing your next.
I'm already back in the mix. I'm sure I'll meet you again soon.

>P.S. Nope your still it
Gah. I'm gonna tag you from beyond the grave I hope you know!

Marigue (Guest)Thu 10-Aug-06 11:27 AM

#49907, "RE: :("
In response to Reply #1

Between me and all of the other rangers in Fort, I can't believe you were afraid to get ambushed. As for ranking, I the co-founder of the "Super Happy Fun Calandaryl Reclaimation League" (Thanks Gistle). Just CB ranking requests and I would have had you heroed in no time *wry*.

Shallea (Guest)Fri 11-Aug-06 11:18 AM

#49948, "RE: :("
In response to Reply #9

I honestly never got an idea of how many rangers there were. Off the top of my head, I can only really think of two. You guys are always all camo'ed and the likes, heh.

Anyway, see ya in the fields.

Landren (Guest)Fri 11-Aug-06 09:15 AM

#49941, "Glad I could help send you out on a good note"
In response to Reply #1

I think my motivations and decisions will be more clear when I delete if they don't become more clear through play. I hope you find a class you can enjoy more when you get the time to come back. Maybe with my next char we can actually travel together.

Shallea (Guest)Fri 11-Aug-06 11:29 AM

#49949, "RE: Glad I could help send you out on a good note"
In response to Reply #10

>I think my motivations and decisions will be more clear when
>I delete if they don't become more clear through play.

I'm sure they will, and I'll be looking forward to hearing/seeing them.

>Maybe with my next char we can actually travel together.

Hopefully so, because I would definitely enjoy that. Regardless of whether I agreed with Landren's beliefs or not, he's definitely a very solid character, who Shallea had loads of respect for.

CryssearaFri 11-Aug-06 05:04 PM
Member since 05th Mar 2006
53 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49951, "Shallea"
In response to Reply #1

Sorry to see this - I could tell that you were really new, and I thought...elf conjie...gah! I personally find conjurers hard to play, and one with a phat xp penalty even harder. I thought you did really great considering. I liked the spirit of Shallea, you put it all out there and took a lot of hard deaths. I respect anyone that can take that many deaths and keep going - I get too frustrated!

Hope to see you in the Fort again soon.

Cheers,

Crys

Shallea (Guest)Fri 11-Aug-06 08:50 PM

#49957, "RE: Shallea"
In response to Reply #13

>Sorry to see this - I could tell that you were really new,
>and I thought...elf conjie...gah! I personally find conjurers
>hard to play, and one with a phat xp penalty even harder.

I'm not <i>that</i> new in terms of overall playing time, but I'm horribly new in terms of playing time over about level 20 or so. That is, the levels that count heh. I'm just now getting to the point where I can consistently get a character into the 20's with pretty much zero problem.

As for conjurers... yeah. They're a really hard class to play. I sort of had a routine worked out for conjuring that worked about 60% of the time, but I'm not really sure why it worked out or anything of the like. Add elf xp penalty onto not really knowing what was going on, and ranking was a bitch (my current char is a human to say the least :P).

>I thought you did really great considering. I liked the spirit
>of Shallea, you put it all out there and took a lot of hard
>deaths. I respect anyone that can take that many deaths and
>keep going - I get too frustrated!

Well, I did rage delete once, but came back from it; otherwise, death is something I've come to accept as a given on CF for now. Once I've actually gotten the hang of the rest of it, I'll start working on dieing less. Until then, I'm just accepting that one: I suck at PK and any strategy I come up with is gonna go out the window once those damage messages start scrolling up my screen, two: I don't know where preps are, so most people I face are gonna be way better prepared than me, and three: Jhein's advice is some of the best I've gotten so far: if I'm attacked, just get the bloody hell out of there.

Well, that was a much longer paragraph than I meant for. Thanks for the encouragement, there were definitely times when I just about said screw it and threw it away much earlier on.

>Hope to see you in the Fort again soon.

Already ahead of you there. ;)

Kraenesk (Guest)Sat 09-Sep-06 06:45 PM

#50744, "RE: :("
In response to Reply #1

Sorry Shallea, would have helped you to 50 and prolly could have gotten you there in a couple days, but OOC circumstances have kept me from playing much in the past month, when i'm ready to send the gnome to the grave i'll prolly explain more.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #49865 Previous topic | Next topic