Subject: "(AUTO) [None] Klahach the Warlord of the Grinning Skull..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #49820
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 04-Aug-06 07:56 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49820, "(AUTO) [None] Klahach the Warlord of the Grinning Skulls"

Fri Aug 4 07:53:34 2006

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Klahach perished, never to return.

Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:117

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Melisa (Guest)Sat 05-Aug-06 06:23 AM

#49828, "my favorite orc"
In response to Reply #0

You were the first really competent person I grouped with. I could tell right away you were much more experienced than me and I'm sure my newness was obvious as well, but you were nice anyway. You ended up showing me the way around a few places and took me underwater for the first time too. You even gave me my very first wand, which I lost almost immediately, but still. I liked playing with you very much.

Daurwyn (Guest)Sun 06-Aug-06 06:50 AM

#49838, "Bah to you"
In response to Reply #3

You've been beating on my new character with your wands now. heh. But I liked your character then and I still do now. Very gutsy.

Daurwyn (Guest)Fri 04-Aug-06 10:59 AM

#49824, "It was fun, whilst it lasted"
In response to Reply #0

I got bored though because Villka was chief when I was level 47 and by the time I was level 50, Ogbuk was. My times didn't overlap with Ogbuks's.

Learnt a bit more about Silent Tower with this character, only orcs aren't the greatest for exploration, so that was rather limited too.

I wanted to play around with overrun a bit but healers stopped attacking me by then (probably because I broke their shields and took their weapons every time), and paladins damaged me too fast for me to risk it.

Strangely enough I managed to perfect cheapshot with this character despite my thug never coming close, and my thug spammed it whilst my orc never did. I think I perfected cheapshot before I even perfected bash and trip. If not, it was a close run thing.

At hero, I struggled in pk, even though I had haste for many fights. Admittedly haste is not the appropriate prep for fighting a sword spec, and dam redux would have made more sense, but that's what I happened to have on me at the time.

Daurwyn (Guest)Fri 04-Aug-06 11:04 AM

#49825, "Oh, and changes I still think are needed for orcs"
In response to Reply #1

More than one hometown option. I'd apply this to minotaurs too. Having a known hometown is a huge disadvantage. I've slaughtered a lot of orcs in my time and mostly because I know where they recall to.

The other change is that I wouldn't let war banners decay.

Almost every time I had a warbanner (other than one made from my own sorry corpse), I had the choice between multi-killing the same guy using it or it crumbled before I saw another of the right race. Maybe that was because I seemed to have a crazy variety of races amongst my enemies when I played.

Overall, this character was a fun one only I couldn't do half the things I wanted to with him very well.

Mundunugu is pretty cool and I gave some feedback on that. I think I surprised a couple of people with what they could do (e.g. tracking outlanders down and burning them out whilst they slept), but some of the changes I suggested, which I think got addressed, I didn't really get to test first hand. e.g. the potions lasting longer.

Soot ritual was an amazing skill though, I'll say that.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #49820 Previous topic | Next topic