Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Lerimos the Black, Commander of Bat..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #49745
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 31-Jul-06 09:24 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49745, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Lerimos the Black, Commander of Battle"

Mon Jul 31 21:23:16 2006

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Lerimos perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:567

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply And the ride is over, Lerimos (Guest), 31-Jul-06 09:30 PM, #1
     Reply Damn yer Feathered hide!, Ysaloerye, 31-Jul-06 09:47 PM, #2
     Reply RE: And the ride is over, Muriont (Guest), 31-Jul-06 09:59 PM, #3
     Reply Its been a while :), Kragathian (Guest), 31-Jul-06 10:00 PM, #4
     Reply RE: And the ride is over, Igsoeh, 31-Jul-06 10:05 PM, #5
     Reply RE: And the ride is over, Rektath (Guest), 31-Jul-06 10:14 PM, #6
     Reply I thought you would give me the last drop of blood..., Crulvane (Guest), 31-Jul-06 10:35 PM, #7
     Reply RE: And the ride is over, Nysrogh (Guest), 31-Jul-06 10:36 PM, #8
     Reply I've Got to Apologize, Kastellyn, 31-Jul-06 11:26 PM, #9
     Reply I fought you a bunch of times with a previous character..., Dhaezym (Guest), 31-Jul-06 11:27 PM, #10
     Reply From an old post, Aekel (Guest), 01-Aug-06 12:38 AM, #11
     Reply RE: And the ride is over, Karel, 01-Aug-06 01:01 AM, #12
     Reply RE: And the ride is over, Landren (Guest), 01-Aug-06 08:44 AM, #13
     Reply RE: And the ride is over, ordasen, 01-Aug-06 10:40 AM, #14
     Reply RE: And the ride is over, Gistle (Guest), 01-Aug-06 11:17 AM, #15
     Reply Damn!, Ajhaal (Guest), 01-Aug-06 12:36 PM, #16
     Reply How did I forget you and Mriest?, Lerimos (Guest), 01-Aug-06 07:12 PM, #18
     Reply RE: And the ride is over,, Melisa (Guest), 01-Aug-06 04:51 PM, #17
     Reply Enjoyable, Klemle (Guest), 01-Aug-06 08:34 PM, #19
     Reply RE: And the ride is over, kraenesk (Guest), 04-Aug-06 12:12 AM, #20

Lerimos (Guest)Mon 31-Jul-06 09:30 PM

#49746, "And the ride is over"
In response to Reply #0

I had an amazing ride as Lerimos. From starting off shaky not knowing of my combo would work (spear/hand defender). But when I chose my legacies I thought I did alright against some combos, and absolutely destroyed against others. Getting Drillmaster was a surprise, and then later Commander was awesome. I had a great time and want to thank everyone I interacted with, whether it was a mortal or immortal. If anyone wondered why I was always with a crappy set it was a combo of laziness, and that if enemies handled my clothing I destroyed it, just a personal little flair thing I threw in. Onto the goodbyes.

Goodbyes:
Imms- Great game as always I really enjoyed the little bonuses here or there, or the random interactions. The one with the stinky catfish made me laugh Innis. I was really surprised to see all the work that’s being done with the Village, not used to that from my previous characters but its great to have ongoing quests and stuff to do. I was just curious what could I have done to get something extra like a 3rd legacy or a leader weapon? Thanks for throwing some EXP and con my way, it made me happy and grateful.
Ordasen- A shame you deleted, I really wanted to be a good followers.
Kastellyn- An amazing IMM, you had a lot of burden on you and I think you did an awesome job.
Ysaloerye- Congrats! You were great as a mortal and great as an Imm, hope you get bumped soon.
Grurk- Really cool IMM from what I saw, Sorry I didn’t put up much of a fight but I didn’t expect to anyway.

Battle:
I love the cabal, probably my favorite because of the enemies, the friends and the other banter/skirmishes that goes on.
Jhein/Burrgyn- Liked you both, both very beastly smart and had a ton of knowledge. And you both tried to get me to wear good clothing. Burrgyn- What happened to you? I had big plans.
Chirrpiku- Its great having a bard in Battle, but what the heck happened?
Rektath- You got what you deserved, Drillmaster I think you will do well, just stick to what you have been doing. And I should have collected on my bet!
Dresare- I hope you do well in the Village, just keep training you are my project.
Kragathian-You became a great warrior at the end with an extremely powerful combo, once you learned that you were pretty much unstoppable unless it was a large gang. Your next is gonna be scary.
Other Villagers- I hope you enjoyed the induction process, some of you waited a long time, and some didn’t, hopefully I was a good Commander any criticism is appreciated.

Empire-
Tukrun/Xoregh- Both very deadly, Tukrun you just trampled me with your weapons and the bash legacy.
Skiltore- BLeh! You slept me and the Village so many times, impressive and you knew your stuff good job.
Kharghurln-Great enemy that would fight alone, I was impressed. You got me I got you, good char keep on trucking. PS: I hate iceball with a passion.
There are a few others I wont go into detail about but overall you did what you had to do, I don’t like getting ganged a lot but hey, thems the breaks.

Scion-
Crulvane- I love your RP so evil yet fun to interact with enjoyed our pretty much useless fighting against each other.
Didn’t interact with many others save Cabdru kicking my ass about Thera, and fighting occasionally with Krundig, Kruldah and Zeltis.
Oh and Vens, I hated you for assassinating me.

Fort- Didn’t interact with too many except Chokiare and Landren, both of which I enjoyed immensely. I hope you guys get the Fort shaped up a bit.
Tribunal-
Nysrogh- Fought a little bit before lich, but after lich I almost had you once, stupid me missed legsweep and you got away. Hope terrorizing thera goes well for you.
Som- Another imperial junky! I knew whenever you were on or there were imperials they would have your shields, which was a pain but hey, evil order chars can mesh I guess.

Other enemies-
Gistle- Why aren’t you in the Empire?
Kraenesk- Knowledge char or not, it was rather frustrating finding you.
Other shifters- Loved fighting shifters as they are always fun to do when you have impale.

To all those lowbies that trail heros around to full loot, I really hope karma gets you. That is all
See you all in the fields.

YsaloeryeMon 31-Jul-06 09:47 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49748, "Damn yer Feathered hide!"
In response to Reply #1

I missed your demise by like 10 mins!
Would have been good to give you some Ysaloerye lovin on the way out of the door!
Man we had some good times, even the bad times were good!
I would say you blossomed as both drillmaster and commander, you were suprised? Not any more than me when I got Commander, I really thought you hd gotten it, and when Kaste turned round and gave it to me I literally sat at the keyboard with my jaw hanging open. One of the few times Ysal was lost for words.

Great great job on commander, you really rallied the troops, educated, and kicked arses when needed. Glad you enjoyed the quest stuff too.

Look forward to the next!

Your old Biddy
Ysal

Muriont (Guest)Mon 31-Jul-06 09:59 PM

#49751, "RE: And the ride is over"
In response to Reply #1

You definitely had a good ride. I really liked running with you as Muriont and messing with you with my current. From the angles I got to see, a solid character all around. Don't be surprised next time when you do so well.

Best of luck man~

PS. I can't believe we thought Greddarh was _so_ rough, like, a month before Cabdru would have smashed past us in half the time. Those two days, the green end of your thumb shined through, but just with me around and I didn't mind. I never pushed it, but Greddarh escaped us on wimpy. Damn shame.

Kragathian (Guest)Mon 31-Jul-06 10:00 PM

#49752, "Its been a while :)"
In response to Reply #1

Great char man, not much more I can say... Solid Char through and through... Great interactions at times, great fights, just all round class act

I hope to see you again in the fields in some way or form soon... kinda stuck with work and getting my #### together now, bout a month from now though look out for something SCARY

IgsoehMon 31-Jul-06 10:05 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
201 posts
#49753, "RE: And the ride is over"
In response to Reply #1

Two bad blows to the village, first the cat, and now you. Damn shame, was hoping to finish my current char and get one more in the village with you. Oh well. Great job, and you really did evolve into a great commander. With Ulthinius, I said, here's a guy with his #### together, I'll bet he's Commander someday. If I wouldn't have played him like a berserker, maybe I could have been more use to him. Then you inducted Aelisoc, and your words of encouragement were always well received. Again great job, hope to be on your side again sometime soon.

Rektath (Guest)Mon 31-Jul-06 10:14 PM

#49755, "RE: And the ride is over"
In response to Reply #1

I played a Villager during Gerylanst's time and now your time. Although I have to admit Gerylanst was just amazing, I thought you did equally and even better in some aspects. Lerimos was pretty buff when he had to be. A mean commander.

Good times.

Crulvane (Guest)Mon 31-Jul-06 10:35 PM

#49756, "I thought you would give me the last drop of blood..."
In response to Reply #1

It was fun.

I liked talking to you more than fighting. We had some good times....(at least from my end) Tough bastard who was always willing to mix it up.

If I could have titled you it would be Lerimos the Impaler. Like that Turkish, Vlad the Impaler which inspired Dracula.

Take care.

Nysrogh (Guest)Mon 31-Jul-06 10:36 PM

#49757, "RE: And the ride is over"
In response to Reply #1

You were as tough as nails, I fought you as a spectre repeatedly and always got owned no matter what I came at you with. After liching it was still one tough damn fight. Unless ofcourse I got you slept but thats a whole another store. I must say though well done, i never thought a defender spear spec arial warrior would have been as much trouble as you were. Mad points to you for that

Nysrogh

KastellynMon 31-Jul-06 11:10 PM
864 posts
#49758, "I've Got to Apologize"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Mon 31-Jul-06 11:26 PM

I was just curious what could I have done to get something extra like a 3rd legacy or a leader weapon?

Have an Imm that doesn't fall down on the job. That's my bad, you should have gotten a leader weapon from the get-go. I just forgot, and I'm sorry. You probably should have gotten an extra legacy at some point, though I'm notoriously bad at picking ones that "fit". Nep's brilliant at that, and he's always willing to make suggestions - I usually just need a kick in the pants to get me to think about it.

For future reference, all Village Commanders (and some Drillmasters if you stick in that position for a while) should get a leader weapon. It's one of the perks. Please don't hesitate to shoot me a note or something if I forget that (or the extra powers ).

You were an excellent Commander, across the board. Solid with the RP and, man, were you never afraid to get in there and mix it up with your enemies, no matter what the odds were. I watched you win some fights that you shouldn't have won - I also watched you lose some fights you probably had no business starting, but hey, nothing wrong with that!

I should probably have given you some additional title lovin' as well, but there was something about Lerimos the Black that just made me think 'elegant'. I do like the Impaler title, though...you were one impaling fool!

Overall, great, great job. I like when I pick the right guy to fill the Commander job (it doesn't always happen), and I'm glad you stuck around after I passed you by the first time.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Farewell Echoes:

From within the huts of the Village of BattleRagers, a procession of Villagers snakes its way towards the Pillar of Legends.

On the backs of four mighty giants rests a wooden platform that bears upon it the final remains of Lerimos the Black, Commander of Battle.

Cradled in his talons is a long spear of black ash, inscribed with the names of every magi that fell to his fury.

The writing is small. There's a LOT of names.

Placing the platform on a cairn before the pillar, the four giants step back and a deep and respectful silence falls upon the Village.

Lord Kastellyn steps forth, and, seizing a flickering torch, thrusts its fiery head into the center of the cairn, setting it quickly ablaze.

The cairn burns swiftly, completely, carrying the remains of Lerimos the Black to the heavens, to the fields, where he will continue to wage war against the magi for all eternity.

The fires flicker and die. Grime barks an order and a pair of dwarven sappers rush to the pillar and begin the tedious process of engraving another name upon its base.

Their Commander given a mighty farewell, the Villagers ready their blades and prepare to continue the wholesale slaughter of mages.

It's what they do.

Dhaezym (Guest)Mon 31-Jul-06 11:27 PM

#49759, "I fought you a bunch of times with a previous character..."
In response to Reply #1

And your brief interaction with this character was similar. You sir, have a lot of class and big brass ones. Kudos, and play Empire. You know you want to.

Aekel (Guest)Tue 01-Aug-06 12:38 AM

#49761, "From an old post"
In response to Reply #1

I really admired Aekel for his heart, you kept challenging though the result was well, pre-determined. I liked his spirit and I am sure if I stayed at the Inn longer I would have gotten a bigger glimpse. The past list is pretty impressive, good luck with the next.

You were what I thought a rager should be. I am not surprised you got to the level you are. I am glad you had fun with him, and I hope your next is just as fun. I have been waiting for you to delete/die to respond, well played.

KarelTue 01-Aug-06 01:01 AM
569 posts
#49762, "RE: And the ride is over"
In response to Reply #1

Now see, this is why I said maybe take it a little easy when you said those banshees were wailing. Anywho, go kick ass with your next character.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Landren (Guest)Tue 01-Aug-06 08:44 AM

#49783, "RE: And the ride is over"
In response to Reply #1

I was looking forward to more, finding the right balance of being strong while at the same time not provoking the person you are talking to was an enjoyable effort. From what I saw you were solid and a good example to the village.

ordasenTue 01-Aug-06 10:40 AM
Member since 18th Feb 2004
216 posts
#49784, "RE: And the ride is over"
In response to Reply #1

You had a great run chief, and as I said in my email repsonce I really did feel like you were on the pace to get the tattoo. It is somewhat reverse from what I normaly tell others.."if you stuck it out you would have got it" ...well "If I had stayed around, you would have gotten it".

You did wonders for ragers and was a good solid leader again, which as someone said reminded me a bit of Gerylanst. You weren't afraid of mixing it up and you were always willing to drag someones ass to the circle or call them out.

Great char and good luck on further chars.

Gistle (Guest)Tue 01-Aug-06 11:17 AM

#49785, "RE: And the ride is over"
In response to Reply #1

>Other enemies-
Gistle- Why aren’t you in the Empire?

Because I like being able to do my own thing when I feel like it.

Honestly you should have taken that stuff I grabbed. I had just died in a noexit deathtrap, happened to teleport and heard you fighting empire. I found your corpse and got your things. I wanted to tell you earlier, but due to Y.A.D.B. (yet another duo bug) my corpse didn't decay for about 25 minutes.

Anyway, the main reason I'm not in any cabal is because of the hassle. Was fun fighting you (sort of), although I don't think I ever landed a single spell. Spellbane is the, er, bane, of transmuters.

Ajhaal (Guest)Tue 01-Aug-06 12:36 PM

#49786, "Damn!"
In response to Reply #1

It is going to be wierd without your guidance in the village, I dont really know how to play villagers and I am trying hard but it seems like I am not doing what I should be, hell I dont know. Anyway, your were an awsome awsome character to interact with and an amasing leader to follow into battle. Tough as nails too, though for some reason you couldn't stun me (maybe its cause the cat is supposed to get the bird?). I did feel really really bad for almost taking one of your last con's and I want to apologies again, entered commands a little too quick, and you went from gushing to convulsing a little too quick, heh.

Thanks for being a badass

Lerimos (Guest)Tue 01-Aug-06 07:12 PM

#49794, "How did I forget you and Mriest?"
In response to Reply #16

Very awesome RP completely different from what I experience as a commander and so far you are doing great. Dont be afraid to push the envelope in regards to taking people to the circle, or kicking butt, you were great to watch grow up and fight alongside of, you are doing fine just stick with what feels right.

Melisa (Guest)Tue 01-Aug-06 04:51 PM

#49791, "RE: And the ride is over,"
In response to Reply #1

I've probably died thirty times to different villagers and only killed two so far, but still, it's my favorite group to fight with. I especially liked you though since pillar of the heavens works so very nicely on arials. I don't feel like I knew anything about your character specifically, but you were very fun to fight at least. I guess I wish it were possible for enemies to more meaningfully interact in person. It can be kind of hard to get much an impression through tells.

Klemle (Guest)Tue 01-Aug-06 08:34 PM

#49796, "Enjoyable"
In response to Reply #1

You were a strong presence for a long time. One that I don't think I ever took down, you were good at staying alive. Defenders are good at that usually. I enjoyed the many tiems we set you and Rektath up for some "lovin" and you guys always managed to escape. That time you got away at convulsing, you had to have had barely any hps. Ah well, maybe you have logs of it. Yo ugot me close as well.

Klemle

kraenesk (Guest)Fri 04-Aug-06 12:12 AM

#49818, "RE: And the ride is over"
In response to Reply #1

Had fun trying to learn more about you from talking than from fighting, i try to avoid fights as much as possible aside from the occasional tussle just for the sake of giving someone a fight, but never try to finish the fights, whether i'm winning or losing , i try to leave fights when either person is writhing or so. fun asking you a question then a few sentences in you remember i'm a mage and go all crazy on me.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #49745 Previous topic | Next topic