Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Xoregh Xarg'aran the Bearer of Imp..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #49542
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 27-Jul-06 05:23 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49542, "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Xoregh Xarg'aran the Bearer of Imperial Strength, Bloodoathed of the Empire"

Tue Jul 25 14:07:40 2006

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Xoregh perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:250

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply A fun char overall., Xoregh (Guest), 26-Jul-06 06:23 PM, #13
Reply RE: A fun char overall., Grurk Muouk, 26-Jul-06 06:59 PM, #5
Reply Sad to see you go, Chokiare (Guest), 26-Jul-06 07:14 PM, #6
Reply All I can say, is you're delusional., Hyzin (Guest), 26-Jul-06 07:32 PM, #7
Reply Ugh, Lerimos (Guest), 26-Jul-06 07:42 PM, #8
Reply RE: A fun char overall., Adhelard1 (Guest), 27-Jul-06 02:15 AM, #9
Reply I've a strange feeling of déjà vu, Nreisshe (Guest), 27-Jul-06 02:26 AM, #10
Reply Nice Char... and let me clear something up..., Khasotholas, 27-Jul-06 05:50 AM, #11
Reply RE: A fun char overall., Grajekeck (Guest), 27-Jul-06 12:39 PM, #12
Reply RE: A fun char overall., Tashera (Guest), 28-Jul-06 03:30 AM, #14
Reply RE: A fun char overall., Klemle (Guest), 28-Jul-06 06:37 AM, #15
Reply Commentary!, nepenthe, 25-Jul-06 03:47 PM, #3
Reply Thanks for the commentary., Xoregh (Guest), 26-Jul-06 06:30 PM, #4
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Xoregh Xarg'aran the Bearer of..., Kharghurln (Guest), 25-Jul-06 03:55 PM, #2
Reply That took a while..., Crulvane (Guest), 25-Jul-06 02:37 PM, #1

Xoregh (Guest)Thu 27-Jul-06 05:23 PM

#49575, "A fun char overall."
In response to Reply #0

Where to begin. First quasi-serious char I have played since Tulvaluthian. First leader-type position since I came to CF.

Imms, thanks for a great game, how about restoring my posting priveleges please?

Empire:

Kharghurln - Yes it was me who told Nysrogh where you were. Yes my char did a 180 towards you after you got demoted. I am pretty sure I know who you are, but from Xoregh's standpoint you were a solid companion in fights and a crap leader for Empire. I lived 250 hours and never saw a full council. I can't even remember the last time there was a full council + emperor. In any event, solid all around at pk, I was glad to have you in a group.

Grurk - I like that you are active in the cabal. I like that you promote the Blade Sect as the best sect. I seriously wonder about some events though. For starters : I could seriously have reached through my screen and pulled out your trachea when you 'demoted' me. For the last 4 RL days, I had logged on without a single Imperial groupmate, while having ~6-10 enemies. I tried to fight as much as possible, retrieve even more and yet still manage to try and attain the ridiculous gold goal you set for me. What more did you want man? You demote me for saying that to a potential oath, but in your haste you forgot I couldn't have possibly given the oath, because we did not have the codex. Maybe if you would realize Empire is a huge target for enemies, was at the weakest point I can remember it being, has to deal with its own sect members wanting to step on you, has to deal with other sect members wanting to step on you, and at the same time has to collect massive amounts of gold, you might come to the conclusion that maybe an imm you have to kiss ass for isn't exactly something that draws people to the cabal. Second: Why the hell would you make me War master for 'surviving' an ass-kicking by Vens that was in fact my own dumb fault? It left both he and I scratching our heads IC. In any case, thanks for the chance even if I thought the process was a bit...odd. Even though I can't say I'll ever be in a hurry to play Empire again, kickass powers or not.

Khasotholas: Never saw you once but have always thought good things.
Note this is not a critique in any way. You seem more the behind the scenes type.

Zhaltum: I figured it was you vs. me in the War Master running, then you died, lost that nice set, and you stopped showing up. You were my first elite promotion, but I had planned to demote you before I deleted. You were the first person to show me something in Silent Tower that I can remember.

Tashera: I realize English is not your first language, and I also realize IC your characters points. IC you also have to realize my character heard nothing but bad $hit about you from the other Blades. Then you and Nysrogh go to war, why, I do not know. You died to him in the duel, then started talking crap to me on the way to show me something? I had to anathema you man, even if OOC as a player I felt bad because I never saw you again.

Kunitsin: Another one I felt bad to anathema as a player, and even to some degree IC. I felt more confident grouped with Kunitsin then any other character in the Empire, bar none. Then you send me a tell "heh. you died to the thief?". Damn man I had to anathema you too, even if it meant I had no Imperial groupmates pretty much the rest of my chars life.

Tyrelyn: Solid, glad you stepped back up after I demoted you.

Tukrun: The gangs are all yours now. I couldn't have chosen a better successor and you would have been my pick for WM had I gotten emperor.

Inthulnizra: I could have kicked you for deleting because you lost your sweet set.

Mhruan/Nastagio: Only two people in other sects Xoregh had any respect for towards the end. You both showed up and fought hard.

Brulgor: I liked this char, I don't know why, made me feel good knowing you were on because you weren't a stinking ####.

Imm that prevented me from rage deleting at ~230 hours. Why did you do this? You sent me a tell saying "You won't be emperor if you do that" So I ate crap for the next few days, did what Grurk asked me to to get the Emperess removed. Yet still, even now, there is no Emperor. :boggle:

Village:

Pretty much everyone I respected both IC and OOC. Villagers had nuts and fought fairly with one notable exception, who I will not name and char assassinate. Everyone else was pretty cool and not a douchebag either IC or OOC, thanks for that. Lerimos you get special props for returning magic gear to me after you killed me. I never looted a thing from you after that except gold. Iuvuk, wtf happened to you man? I went and got a full suit and weapons just to fight you and never saw you again after you beasted me.

Fortress:

Eh. Chokiare, loved our fights. Hyzin, I guarantee I know your player since you tried to full sac me when I obviously died link dead. Taera, loved our fights, Fortella, same thing. Wederdun, damn you for finding me in South Dairein that time! 4 cutoffs, no return potions, and sung the f up from Pilikin = dead Xoregh. Adhelard, some down to the wire fights between us. Glad we got you that one time at the Fort Kavan, solid. 100000 Elf healers. Ugh. Die in a snare. Other Fortressites, you know my feelings. Die to an AP please.

Scion:

Vens, I died to one assassin and that was Kavan in a gang if I recall, and I've played assassins as well. You are bar none the toughest melee assassin I have ever fought on CF. How many hp did you have at the end there in Udgaard, I was sure you were < 50hp.

Crulvane, die in wrath spam Fought you so many times and I think only once did I feel I had the upper hand, in High Tower. Loved your RP, and honestly had I known the crap that was about to go down with Empire, I'd have taken your offer.

Criliek, loved our fights, getting you in High Tower is definitely one of my favorite pk's of all time.

Outlander:

Nreisshe, I know who you are as a player, and I can say you are without a doubt the most patient pkiller I have ever seen. That said, setting a snare and waiting at the entrance to an area explore is just $hit in my book. Two chars in a row now you've had a snare in the same room, and got me both times. Four chars now and I've yet to see you leave the woods or even 3 areas period. Shrug, whatever floats your boat and all that.

Aeria, damn if I will learn to remember why the hell I put moon phase in my prompt. Ouch. Got to say I cannot remember a single character beating me down more then you did. Good work and loved your RP.

Farsenyl/Lashel, duergar flail spec is about the last foe I'd want to fight with a shaman, you both saw why. I think you landed a combined 5 sups in 50+ fights between you.

Klemle, lion/cobra is naaaaaaaaaaaasty as a combo. Had some really good fights between us.

Tribunals:

Nysrogh, loved our uneasy alliance. Glad we could travel to the Inferno. Damn I felt like a noob when I ran out of food

Som, heh. Honestly, we just weren't meant to be allies. Everytime we got together you left me scratching my head, and in the end I had to bash you after that stunt in Balator. Damn if that wasn't the worst succesful pk I have ever had on any MUD, lol, 5 missed bashes on an invoker with no shield up

Anyways, thanks to all who play and run the game with integrity, you make even a big complainer like me keep coming back for more.

Grurk MuoukWed 26-Jul-06 06:59 PM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49579, "RE: A fun char overall."
In response to Reply #13

Grurk - I like that you are active in the cabal. I like that you promote the Blade Sect as the best sect. I seriously wonder about some events though. For starters : I could seriously have reached through my screen and pulled out your trachea when you 'demoted' me. For the last 4 RL days, I had logged on without a single Imperial groupmate, while having ~6-10 enemies. I tried to fight as much as possible, retrieve even more and yet still manage to try and attain the ridiculous gold goal you set for me.

To be fair, you deleted before I could, so I had someone do it that
could while you were offline.

What more did you want man?

Not much, but your OOC frustration of there not being an Emperor who showed,
then there just not being an Emperor was was seriously bleeding into
your RP and interactions. You know I'm around everyday. You saw I
took action with Kharg. You just lacked the patience to let it play
out, and you stepped on your #### as a result. I am the first one to
get you promotions, experience, titles anything when you are doing
good.. but on the other hand.. I don't tolerate poor RP or rule breaking.

You demote me for saying that to a potential oath, but in your haste you forgot I couldn't have possibly given the oath, because we did not have the codex.

No, I was listening to the whole conversation, so you don't get to
hide behind that excuse, sorry. "I won't oath anyone until there is
an Emperor, so talk to Grurk" was about the jist of the conversation.
*bzzzz* Wrong answer for a Blade, especially the War Master.

1. The loyalties of the Blades will never falter in this order:
Empire, Sect, Self.

Maybe if you would realize Empire is a huge target for enemies, was at the weakest point I can remember it being, has to deal with its own sect members wanting to step on you, has to deal with other sect members wanting to step on you, and at the same time has to collect massive amounts of gold, you might come to the conclusion that maybe an imm you have to kiss ass for isn't exactly something that draws people to the cabal.

Believe me, I watch everyday people hunting Empire. I see both sides,
the hunters and the hunted.. so there's no maybe if I would realize
anything. I know. I see. But you signed up for it! Why should you
get special treatment for that? That's just how Empire is.

As for the gold- You were collecting extra gold for a project you wanted
to see started. Don't blame me for that sh$t. Otherwise, always had
plenty of donations.

Second: Why the hell would you make me War master for 'surviving' an ass-kicking by Vens that was in fact my own dumb fault? It left both he and I scratching our heads IC.

One rarely becomes War Master for a single event. It just so happens
I was watching that all unfold, and decided to act then. I don't even
recall now what happened, but I remember thinking, "Hey, he's resourceful".
I guess if you only survived because of a "dumb mistake" I missed it.
But give yourself some credit.. you were a very able Warrior who really
demonstrated what can be done with the class, if enough preps are gathered.

In any case, thanks for the chance even if I thought the process was a bit...odd.

Your welcome, but you earned everything you got.

Even though I can't say I'll ever be in a hurry to play Empire again, kickass powers or not.

Well, the door is always open.

Imm that prevented me from rage deleting at ~230 hours. Why did you do this? You sent me a tell saying "You won't be emperor if you do that" So I ate crap for the next few days, did what Grurk asked me to to get the Emperess removed. Yet still, even now, there is no Emperor. :boggle:

That was me. I thought my "Father of Anger" thingy was on, but I guess it wasn't. Had you stuck around, my guess is that you'd be
Emperor by now.

Good luck with your next, and I'm not even going to mention the hurtful
things you said to me before you deleted. Oh wait, I just did.

G.

Chokiare (Guest)Wed 26-Jul-06 07:14 PM

#49580, "Sad to see you go"
In response to Reply #13

As I have said before, personally I have nthing bad to say about your character. Whenever we were on together I just had to hunt you, knowing I was going to get my ass kicked probably, but praying for that 1 in 10 chance I could surprise you without preps. Like Vens before you, I learned alot fighting you and think you played a hell of a warrior. When I saw the Empress get demoted I immediately assumed you were the next Emperor, and thought "God more powers, thats all I need" I tried to fight you solo as often as I could, and I appreciated that we both respected each others gear from an OOC standpoint.

I would welcome any of your thoughts regarding my character, as I try and learn some everyday.

Good luck on your next.

Hyzin (Guest)Wed 26-Jul-06 07:32 PM

#49581, "All I can say, is you're delusional."
In response to Reply #13

You die on the eastern, I don't have to touch a corpse for it to be empty. I sacrifice evil things, and thats it. The only full sacrifice I've done is against Getlan. And I warned him twice.

I killed you faster than I could realise you were link dead. I often flee when people are link dead.

Overall, I think you're a good player. You just need to relax and try enjoying the game. See you around.

Lerimos (Guest)Wed 26-Jul-06 07:42 PM

#49582, "Ugh"
In response to Reply #13

Could have left out the magic part? Im just kidding I enjoyed fighting you alot. It was a strange battle always. Either I missed impale and you landed your maledicts or vice versa, either way I thinkwe broke about even maybe you got me more I dont know? I just cant see the fun or an IC reason for destroying 3/4ths of your gear. You played a very strong and smart player albeit on the bad end of the coin sometimes. Feel free to roll a rager if you feel suicidal.

Adhelard1 (Guest)Thu 27-Jul-06 02:15 AM

#49588, "RE: A fun char overall."
In response to Reply #13

Great job. I was surprised to find out you played this character, given your forum persona The best anecdote I have for you is this: Every time you were logged in with other imperials/imperial allies (e.g., Tribunals, random evils, etc.) and we had the Codex, Kavan would always order us to attack you first. I'd say, "even if the lich comes with him?" And Kavan would respond, "Yes, Xoregh first." That's a substantial credit to you and the respect this character earned.

Nreisshe (Guest)Thu 27-Jul-06 02:26 AM

#49589, "I've a strange feeling of déjà vu"
In response to Reply #13

I've got little to say about Xoregh, other than good job not completely losing it after dying, I suppose.

Now for the other stuff.

Some people can kick ass anytime, anywhere, while wielding a practice sword. Some people don't: they're the ones who either have to be patient and play to the strengths of their class, or spend countless hours gathering preps and hope to steamroll people who aren't prepping or patient. You can see which approach I've taken.

As far as snaring that spot... if a person leaves conspicuous tracks in the same spot each time they log in, damn straight I'm going to use it against them - it's called strategy. You're free to be predictable at your own risk, and there's more than one entrance, anyway. If you're so worried, just put up those preps you keep harvesting before going to a "risky" area, you saw that I couldn't hurt you enough and stop you from running when you were prepped up.

Fighting outside wilderness? Do you seriously expect me to come fight someone, in an area where my defenses work at half effeciency, where I can't use my most powerful skills, can't lag and can't gain surprise advantage, against someone who has warrior specs, legacies, silent tower gear + preps, etc.? Hell, I get tooled even when they don't have any extra stuff up, about the only people I could kill in a civilized area are ones who have 400 hp (and no dam redux) left. There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity, but this one jumped right past the line and wandered 500 miles into stupid territority and got lost with no hope finding back.

P.S. Finding me in the same 3 areas means you're always in the same spot yourself. I keep tabs on a few dozen areas all the time, again not my fault if you happen to be in the same ones each time I stumble upon you.

KhasotholasThu 27-Jul-06 05:50 AM
Member since 23rd Apr 2003
341 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49590, "Nice Char... and let me clear something up..."
In response to Reply #13

First of all, I liked your character. Pretty good job all around.

A lot of people get upset at Grurk for various things, and it's not really fair. He tends to be the hatchet man, simply because he's around a good bit more than I am. But when it comes to 'There's no Emperor, the council isn't full' things like that, I share the blame with him. And it's done on purpose. We both found that rushing things for the sake of rushing them doesn't work all that well. And we're not bothered by an open spot or two. We discuss it and it's no accident or negligence, we just don't think it's the right time. Grurk might be the visible hatchet man, but don't think for a minute he's acting solo and crazily gung-ho... he's doing exactly what he, and other Empire imms have agreed is the way things should be done. So when you're pointing that finger (not you in particular, everyone) point it at all the Empire imms.

Grajekeck (Guest)Thu 27-Jul-06 12:39 PM

#49592, "RE: A fun char overall."
In response to Reply #13

The moment I saw your donations shooting through the roof, I knew you would be trouble.

Fun times man, fun times.

Tashera (Guest)Fri 28-Jul-06 03:30 AM

#49632, "RE: A fun char overall."
In response to Reply #13

Yes you right English is not my first language... i'm from Russia. I saw you Xoregh from different eyes. And know why i noticed. I don't know if it's you character line or what but when you want to know some info about the game you ask and cry like a baby and when i asked you as Tashera about some info you just do not answer anything. It's just funny when you not like to be asked about info and cry like a baby when you want to know some. First when i see you i like and respect your character very very much but time pass and i see a realy face of you as a player and as a character... I don't know what blades told you about me... maybe that i not gang and not allow them to do so as Elite... maybe that i did not loot my foes and did not brings things to them ? If you can name them i will appriciate this. This point about honor and none looting my char and my personal point, also none ganging... War with Lich it just a joke... because that he can not kill me and want to make phelactery so he talk with you to make a duel with out fleeing... I was know that he will kill me anyway... I used all preps i had (qucken and stoneskin) but i did not win. Then we move to Pyramid so i show you how it works( i know that you probably do not know how to enter even.) On the way i told you that you should give me some info and not be a bitch but your char think that it is disrespect or something and anathema me... As you wish... But man that is a OOC reason... I said if you want get secret gime other secret... You used your leardership position to get info and when you do not get it you anathemed me. And last one you did not saw me ever again because just after you anathemed me Nilan stupid bitch kill me and full looted that is all. I see no reason to go reequip only if to you kick your ass so you no think about yourself to much... But i know where i'm stand and where are you stand. As a player you have not a little piece of respect from me. Have fun and be greedy as most people do in fileds. And also if not belive i'm good guy ask my foes about me not stupid blades who can not even kill anyone solo... At least i killed Lerimos and i very respect him i did that solo and in set that i get by myself not by big gang with healer from some nasty place.

Klemle (Guest)Fri 28-Jul-06 06:37 AM

#49637, "RE: A fun char overall."
In response to Reply #13

I wanted to fight you a lot, and you were always up for it. You would fight alone, which is more than I can say for a lot of people. That one time where I had to shift and recall was scary, I'm just glad I didn't fail it. You were a beast, and you certainly knew where to find things. I had always hoped to find you unprepared, but you always seemed ready. Great job with the character, I hope you can take some of Nep's wisdom to heart and come back even more solid. As someone who has had the same tendancy.

Good luck with whatever is next

nepentheWed 26-Jul-06 05:36 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49544, "Commentary!"
In response to Reply #0

I'll start by saying that it's interesting to see you roll with a character that actually gets into the thick of the cabalwars after so many explorer/uncaballed style characters. It's obvious that you enjoyed a certain amount of success in this vein, more than a lot of people might have expected. Nice job.

My attempt at constructive criticism: I'd challenge you to try another caballed character. Make the following changes, and see how/if the experience is different for you.

1) Don't talk to anyone for 5-10 minutes after you die; this includes tells and prays. Some people can do it and it's ok; it just never comes across well for you. Maybe you think you died to an obvious bug / game imbalance / dirty permagroup / mongoose, and maybe you did and maybe you didn't, but just keep it to yourself until you calm down.

You can have a character who's well-roleplayed, collected, and beating ass 99% of the time, but it's the other 1% of the time that, fair or not, people will always remember when they think of the character. Swallow your bile and eliminate that 1% and I guarantee your respect in the community will increase immensely.

2) Along those lines, probably just avoid posting anything relating to a character you're playing. Similar theory.

You played a pretty good character in Xoregh, and I have to believe he'd be held in much higher esteem if people had to judge him on just the solidness that he was almost all of the time.

We've had a lot of great players over the years who, tragically, are mostly remembered for their tirades and inability to let something go on the forums. It's too late to stop Graatch from becoming the last Graatch, so to speak (which is genuinely too bad -- a great player 99% of the time), but I hope it's not too late to stop you from becoming the next one.

Xoregh (Guest)Wed 26-Jul-06 06:30 PM

#49577, "Thanks for the commentary."
In response to Reply #3

I will try out the being quiet after I die. God knows I need to try. I didn't think I did too badly with complaints, though at the end I did get fed the f up with it all so if I got any one upset, I am sorry.

As to another cabal. Either I have the worst luck on earth, or the worst playtimes. My last three caballed chars, Xoregh, Thuros, and Tulvaluthian all have had serious opposition in the opposing cabals. It's like everyone decides to roll cabal x and I am the dumb fool who didn't get the memo and plays cabal x's mortal enemies. I'd love to see how many times I retrieved but getting demoted changed the pbf it looks like. I'll probably try another here sooner or later but I am a bit of a control freak so it is hard to put my fate in another's hands. That and I have always tried to pk solo rather then in group v. group. Its something I need to work on.

Thanks for Silent Tower btw, I can say without question I've probably lost a few nights sleep because of it. Die to a canoe please

Kharghurln (Guest)Tue 25-Jul-06 03:55 PM

#49545, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Xoregh Xarg'aran the Bearer of..."
In response to Reply #0

Wow, what an interesting character! I really liked your total change of attitude towards me after my demotion. If that incident in the Fortress with the Lich was you (which I suspected), even more props, what a bastard move!

You were a tough fighter, and my first choice for War Master. I thought your RP was solid, and that you did a lot for the Blade Sect. Believe it or not, I'm sorry to see you go, would have been interesting to go toe to toe with you for Emperor.

Crulvane (Guest)Tue 25-Jul-06 02:37 PM

#49543, "That took a while..."
In response to Reply #0

Well done Warmaster. Despite your detractors statements, I thought you seemed knowledgable and were not afraid to mix it up. I usually saw you up agaisnt massive groups of enemies (most of the time). You didnt simply log out like most do.

Apply some of your frustration to a Scion invoker and I will like you even more.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #49542 Previous topic | Next topic