Subject: "The Great Hunter Experiment is over" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #49408
Show all folders

Sylvadrian (Guest)Thu 13-Jul-06 02:42 AM

#49408, "The Great Hunter Experiment is over"

I really like the ranger revamp so far. The purpose of this character was to test out the abilities and fighting skills of the hunter class. Also, for me, it was to figure out how in the hell a goodie ranger ranks to hero in the wilderness since I've never done a wilderness dependent character before.

In the end, I hope I helped out with my bug reports, and I really had a good time testing out and playing a lot of the things involved with the hunter class. Its a really nice ranger kit and I fully intend to give it a more powerful go in the near future.

I learned a lot about rangers doing this, and I can happily say that I think I can play a very effective one now. I didn't bother prepping with this guy, and I never really bought any potions, etc. I just wanted to run with it and see how stuff stacked up.

I only have two real goodbyes -

Surinto - I really like your character. A strong ranger and a good guy. Thanks for all the little chats, and for the time spent ranking and just BSing, etc. Good stuff. Players like you are why I play this game.

Sepherene - Didn't meet you until the early 30's, but I didn't regret a second of it. Enjoyed all the time spent just chatting from the bushes and the time spent ranking next to you. You're a funny ol' girl, and I dug that. Good times.

Finally, To Sebeok and Imms - Thanks to you all for a great ranger revamp. Sebeok, I bet I got on your nerves with as much as I posted to your ranger forum. I can only hope that some of that helped you balance out and fix the class the way you intended. Really enjoyed it. Thanks.

See you all in the Fields.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Sepherene (Guest)Mon 17-Jul-06 03:46 PM

#49455, "RE: The Great Hunter Experiment is over"
In response to Reply #0

Aw. Genuinely liked you, man. Not so sure I like ranking in the wilderness though. Ick. Sorry to see you go.

Legressil (Guest)Wed 19-Jul-06 04:45 PM

#49481, "RE: The Great Hunter Experiment is over"
In response to Reply #3

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, something strange about when I am at work and try to reply. Anyway, well done, sorry to see you go. Good luck on your next.

Pro-man (Guest)Sat 15-Jul-06 05:23 PM

#49434, "Did that odd echo change as you ranked?"
In response to Reply #0

Did it become more precise and/or useful?

Surinto (Guest)Thu 13-Jul-06 07:04 PM

#49422, "RE: The Great Hunter Experiment is over"
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed Sylvadrian and it was fun watching what the Hunter could do, since I'd chosen a different path. While a lot of my ranks came alone, I did enjoy the times we hunted together in the frozen lands and the Mount. It was fun to evolve Surinto from a lone hunter to someone a bit more social.

And now I'll have tiger rides all to myself!

Good luck on the next, and try a wood-elf for your next ranger, I think you'll be surprised given what you did with the elf.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #49408 Previous topic | Next topic