Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Cotryln the Master of Weapons" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #49067
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 24-Jun-06 02:40 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49067, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Cotryln the Master of Weapons"

Sat Jun 24 02:37:40 2006

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Cotryln perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:40
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:45

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ibukiSat 24-Jun-06 03:21 PM
Member since 30th Oct 2005
122 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49084, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Cotryln the Master of Weapons"
In response to Reply #0

When we fought last night on the road between the inn and Voralin, that was actually the first time I ever killed anyone alone. I was so excited about it even though it took like ten tries for everything to go right for me. I kept trying different spells each time we would run into each other to see what would hurt a storm giant. It probably seemed kind of silly. It was very fun anyway and I hope I can meet whatever you make next too.

Cotryln (Guest)Sat 24-Jun-06 02:20 PM

#49081, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Cotryln the Master of Weapons"
In response to Reply #0

Ah, well I suck at fighters. I've come to realize it and this was just confirmation of such. Granted in theory I should do well. I can gear well, prep well and know areas well. But alas, I just can't seem to bring all that together and make it work for me. No ones fault but my own, and I'm not exactly sure what to do. In three years I've managed to amass a large amount of knowledge in the ways of cf, and most that knowledge seems to better fit me as a support person I guess. Heh, I watched a movie here awhile back...Sky High I think was the name...In the movie they seperated the students into two groups. Heroes and sidekicks. I guess I'm just made to be a sidekick. Who knows, maybe its just a mental hangup I have, but in my mind I just cant "hang" with the good pk'ers. I may show them quests they didn't know about, or around an area they had never been....heck, maybe even a nice shiney prep now and then. Yet, when it comes to pk'ing....well....I just don't get it. Anyhow....

Sorry Fortress for deleting as things are a bit thin in there right now. I'm sure I'll come back with something on the support side and hope to get the numbers back up again. To all the elf healers with all that shiney stuff: Its not the end of the world if you lose it. There seemed to be a lot more in the way of self preservation from acolytes and scribes this time around...and it always seemed to be by those who had nice shiney sets. I hope you all get around that. It was nice not having to find an empire that full looted all the time for once, and I can say I enjoyed fighting you more because of it. Granted you guys were always senior to me and knocked me around, but it was still fun.

Thanks Kavan for the induct with your old ass. Good run, and I'm sure you'll be kicking the bucket before too long.

Another thing that kinda turned me towards the deleting path is the thoughts of having to soldier on for who knows how long before someone with the authority sees me do something they felt was "Maran Worthy". With Shok and Aarn both admitting that their playtimes are scarce for now, I figured I was in for a long wait. Try and keep in mind guys, we're fighting people with full cabal powers and while its nice to have protection, not having much more that that makes it a bit cumbersome. Even more so knowing it could be well into the 200-300 hour range and 10 - 12 con before even getting full powers. I love me some fortress, but this has honestly kept me away lately.

Anyway, keep on rockin' a great game. You guys have fun and keep things going. There seems like there's some real cool things up and coming and it should be fun. Take care.

silencedstatik

Guy (Guest)Sat 24-Jun-06 04:30 PM

#49088, "From what I saw"
In response to Reply #2

Had you kept on your path of ballsy defense and just kept on keepin on, you woulda made maran alot faster than you think

Shangar (Guest)Sat 24-Jun-06 03:39 AM

#49069, "WTF MAN???!!! n/t"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #49067 Previous topic | Next topic