Subject: "(DEL) Kurredeor the Fist of Darkness" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4898
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 24-Feb-02 11:16 AM
Member since 13th May 2024
16845 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4898, "(DEL) Kurredeor the Fist of Darkness"

Sun Feb 24 11:14:53 2002

4 o''clock AM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Old Forces on the Theran calendar Kurredeor perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:anti-paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:185
PK Ratio:83% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) Kurredeor the Fist of Darkness, Theerkla, 24-Feb-02 11:45 AM, #2
Reply I die I die!, Kurredeor (Guest), 24-Feb-02 11:34 AM, #1
     Reply Ahh nice job., Anborankein (Guest), 24-Feb-02 12:31 PM, #3
     Reply actually, he was pretty much screwed, Daurwyn (Guest), 24-Feb-02 05:08 PM, #9
          Reply Not really, NNNick, 25-Feb-02 01:29 PM, #12
               Reply none of this is news to me, Daurwyn (Guest), 25-Feb-02 07:13 PM, #13
     Reply had a feeling you'd deleted, Daurwyn (Guest), 24-Feb-02 12:39 PM, #4
     Reply oh, thanks for not mentioning names anyway, Daurwyn (Guest), 24-Feb-02 01:08 PM, #5
     Reply RE: I die I die!, Shinomori (Guest), 24-Feb-02 01:53 PM, #6
     Reply RE: I die I die!, Diego (Guest), 24-Feb-02 02:20 PM, #7
     Reply RE: I die I die!, Valkenar, 24-Feb-02 02:52 PM, #8
     Reply RE: I die I die!, Shrikas (Guest), 24-Feb-02 10:25 PM, #10
     Reply RE: I die I die!, Taelen (Guest), 25-Feb-02 02:09 AM, #11
     Reply RE: I die I die!, Borbor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 01:50 PM, #14

TheerklaSun 24-Feb-02 11:45 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4899, "RE: (DEL) Kurredeor the Fist of Darkness"
In response to Reply #0

Hey, I didn't delete, I con died. And as a matter of fact you were the one to do me in. Plus you got an arctic fury off me even though I never went to get it for you *grin*. I never liked summoners, but boy when you guys hit the moderator, you could sure finish her off fast enough. Luck on the next and all.

Kurredeor (Guest)Sun 24-Feb-02 11:34 AM

#4900, "I die I die!"
In response to Reply #0

Started this character out of boredom really, didn't expect to play until 51. I had taken quite a break from CF, but a friend was playing a scion (no, I didn't get inducted because of my friend, had nothing to do with it) so I thought I'd join. I usually play good characters.
Lost my axe a few times, the first due to being capsized by someone out of my PK range with her water elemental, which I felt was a little unfair. Learning curve, didn't know they could do that, so I felt a little cheated. Second time I lost the axe was to Calradien, really didn't expect to have my axe drop on the floor by what he did. Again, one of the unpleasant surprises in store from me.

Some worthy mentions:

Tilaen - Good leadership, like your style. Scions is strong right now mostly because the enemies seem to be in awe of you, and you're capitalised on the strengths of the invoker and gotten quite a lot of powerful artifacts to augment yourself.

Taelen - Have fun in the game my friend.

Shirkas - Thanks for the gift. Sorry I couldn't stay. I might appear again as another guise, and do things a little differently this time.

Duharan - Wonder what happened to you, one of the first few people I grouped with.

Khalyven - Thanks for the assistance and the mutual suffering in hell.

Zandrumial - You're funny.

Rhowyn - Thanks for the help and assistance up to 51.

Vazanir - We had a number of good team kills. You have a nice form combo, keep at it.

Some people I killed :-

Shinomori - Was just collecting charges for my axe. Don't be too discouraged, everyone gets killed eventually.

Theerkla - A pity that Nexus opened war on Thera, you were nice to help us in battlefields once. Pity you deleted.

Borbor - You're a complete idiot.

Kurredeor

Anborankein (Guest)Sun 24-Feb-02 12:31 PM

#4909, "Ahh nice job."
In response to Reply #1

We had a few good fights...its kinda a bitch to die from a gaunting like that. Was funny on our side when you Iceballed the room stead of wording out of there. You have my respect in heroing a anti-paladin. I sure the hell couldnt handle loosing a charged up weapon and motivate myself to keep going.

Take care

Daurwyn (Guest)Sun 24-Feb-02 05:08 PM

#4910, "actually, he was pretty much screwed"
In response to Reply #3

He couldn't word without using a wand once we attacked, being an AP. Two rounds lag and unreliable. He fails, he dies (as was the case when he got capsized). Unless he resigns himself to the gaunting and puts on some protections before he arrives (which in my opinion was his best option).

If he'd fled, he'd have got attacked immediately, and therefore still be unable to teleport. We'd have caught him up in all likelyhood.

Basically his being an anti-paladin put him at a huge disadvantage. His weapon prevented him from getting away. AP's just don't think of removing it when fighting for their lives.

The iceball was funny though. Not a good way to go. I cringed when it went off, because I'm sure it wasn't meant for us.

NNNickMon 25-Feb-02 01:29 PM
94 posts
#4911, "Not really"
In response to Reply #9

>He couldn't word without using a wand once we attacked,
>being an AP. Two rounds lag and unreliable.

So ? Perfected wands do make this reliable.

>He fails, he dies (as was the case when he got capsized).

Regarding capsizing: Water breathing and fly.

>Unless he resigns himself to the gaunting and puts on some protections
>before he arrives (which in my opinion was his best option).

Protected AP can just kill nightgaunt. Allowing yourself to be nightganted puts you in a huge risk of dying.

There are multiple ways to prevent gaunting as AP.
a) You can prevent conjurer from nightgaunting you.
b) You can just kill nightgaunt.
c) You can prevent nightgaunt from following you.

But basic thing is always not to get caught by nightgaunt with your pants down. And do not panic once it hits you.

>If he'd fled, he'd have got attacked immediately, and
>therefore still be unable to teleport. We'd have caught him
>up in all likelyhood.

I am currious about this. Can you tell more about your set up?

>Basically his being an anti-paladin put him at a huge
>disadvantage. His weapon prevented him from getting away.
>AP's just don't think of removing it when fighting for their
>lives.

You can NOT remove unholy blessed weapon with iron grip in effect.
You can remove secondary weapon/shield though (unless it is noremove).
There are auto-recall items too.

>The iceball was funny though. Not a good way to go. I
>cringed when it went off, because I'm sure it wasn't meant
>for us.

No comment.

-=NNNick=-

Daurwyn (Guest)Mon 25-Feb-02 07:13 PM

#4912, "none of this is news to me"
In response to Reply #12

but none of it was applicable in this situation.

(1) I knew he was exposed.
(2) I knew he hadn't perfected wands (and what fire giant has?!)
(3) He couldn't use waterbreathing or flying any more than he could use recall when I capsized him.
(4) Nightgaunts come in various sizes. I've only met one conjurer who bothered using the strongest. Why? Because they don't need to.
(5) You can just prevent a nightgaunt from following you?

If you say so. Easier said than done, especially as an AP.

Basically he was gaunted to a place where mobs were aggressive to armed people (ie APs), with the exception of the one in our room. He therefore couldn't flee very easily. Iceballing the one in our room just made things worse for him.

As far as "you can just kill nightgaunt" goes, I think you may have been lulled into a false sense of security by weak ones (or you are a spear spec or arial sword berserker). Maybe not, but I can't remember anyone fighting off a strong one. Tilaen has the right idea of what to do though. Slap on protections so you can walk off after capture. This assumes you aren't going to be ganged upon arrival.

Daurwyn (Guest)Sun 24-Feb-02 12:39 PM

#4907, "had a feeling you'd deleted"
In response to Reply #1

I don't mind admitting that I am the person who capsized you, faerie fired you and granted the angel resistance to your weapons. I did pray about it afterwards when you queried it (because I can see your point) and was told by an avatar that it was alright as long as you are a cabal enemy. Not sure I followed the logic of that, but I did make it clear to you that I'd do it again if you came back. I noticed you didn't, which surprised me because there is a simple solution to the problem.

However, when you've had your servitors dismissed by lowbie conjurers when you raid, you don't have a great deal of sympathy on this issue. It is also not much different from closing a door (or sealing it with an earth elemental). That goes on outside of pk all the time. For what it is worth, you were protected from my capsize attack to quite an extent. It would have hurt a lot more if you weren't.

As far as your final death went, it was a mob that killed you when you ice-balled it, so I didn't get a message about your deletion. You can take some satisfaction from the fact that none of us could lift the girdle from your corpse though. I even tried dropping everything I carried and I still couldn't.

Daurwyn (Guest)Sun 24-Feb-02 01:08 PM

#4908, "oh, thanks for not mentioning names anyway"
In response to Reply #4

I appreciate the thought. As a separate point you seemed to know what you were doing. When you pulled those wands of recall out after I capsized you, I knew you were no idiot.

Shinomori (Guest)Sun 24-Feb-02 01:53 PM

#4906, "RE: I die I die!"
In response to Reply #1

the last fight we had was fair, I liked it but I didn't survive it. Was hoping to kill you in an honest duel but I guess I never get a chance now. It was fun.

Diego (Guest)Sun 24-Feb-02 02:20 PM

#4905, "RE: I die I die!"
In response to Reply #1

Not particularly being a giant killer I was glad when I made you run from me in our first fight. The rest of the time it was me that had to run because of the blindness. I really wish we could've had a complete fight and without nightwalkers too. Heh the thing I remember most is having you snared and looking at you, I probably should've just left you because you looked like you could tear me to pieces. It was pretty interesting typing 'who sphere' and having us be the only ones too. Well good luck on the next.

ValkenarSun 24-Feb-02 02:52 PM
1203 posts
#4904, "RE: I die I die!"
In response to Reply #1

Hmm.

Shrikas (Guest)Sun 24-Feb-02 10:25 PM

#4903, "RE: I die I die!"
In response to Reply #1

Why the hell did you delete??????
We had so much plans! ARGH!

Taelen (Guest)Mon 25-Feb-02 02:09 AM

#4902, "RE: I die I die!"
In response to Reply #1

Wow. I didn't expect you to go so fast. I met you one night and grouped with you, when you were 8 ranks below me. The next night you were two below me. The night after, 4 above. I got to thinking that maybe you were someone to stick around. We never got to have the fun we might have.

Thank you though, for the mention, and the help you gave me in the lower levels.

Borbor (Guest)Tue 12-Mar-02 01:50 PM

#4901, "RE: I die I die!"
In response to Reply #1

Hi Kurredeor,

at least you remember me and idiot or not, I accept it as a compliment, heh.

Question is ... why to fight a stupid fire giant if you know you have no chance. Even if I don't care about any cabale crap. You needed the Scion protection for your life, think about it, dude.

When I leave the realms I sure won't mention you cause you're only one of many and not worth to remember you.

Good that you're history now.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4898 Previous topic | Next topic