Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Kelmyr the Master of Offense" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #48892
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 21-Jun-06 04:52 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48892, "(DELETED) [None] Kelmyr the Master of Offense"

Wed Jun 21 16:50:32 2006

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Kelmyr perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:31
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:28

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Kelmyr the Master of Offense, Blorg, 22-Jun-06 06:29 AM, #4
Reply So I'm just curious, Kavan (Guest), 21-Jun-06 08:43 PM, #1
     Reply Yesterday?, Kelmyr (Guest), 21-Jun-06 09:13 PM, #2
          Reply Man..., Brinton (Guest), 22-Jun-06 06:06 AM, #3
               Reply RE: Man..., Isildur, 22-Jun-06 12:54 PM, #5
                    Reply Think of the days when Maran first went in., Theerkla, 22-Jun-06 01:35 PM, #6

BlorgThu 22-Jun-06 06:29 AM
Member since 09th Feb 2005
33 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#48922, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Kelmyr the Master of Offense"
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see you go man you seemed like a solid character the few times I rp'd/ranked with you. Just be more persistant, usually fort leaders dont have tim e to go looking fo you you have to go after them. Hope you make another. See ya in the fields.

Kavan (Guest)Wed 21-Jun-06 08:43 PM

#48903, "So I'm just curious"
In response to Reply #0

You get ignored my like 20-30 minutes and delete?

***Kelmyr tells you "Hey thanks for ignoring me all this week."***

I tried to reply to you, but I guess we know where you went.
Today was the first day I saw you online since you sent your
note in yesterday. I'm sorry I wasn't quicker but you sent
me your first tell right in the middle of discussing some
fortress issues with the fort imms. I hope you have something
else in the works and you haven't given up after only 30 minutes
of trying.

Kavan

Kelmyr (Guest)Wed 21-Jun-06 09:13 PM

#48906, "Yesterday?"
In response to Reply #1

Hrm... I freely admit I have been playing obscene hours so it seems like a pretty long time.

Kelmyr is the second Incarnation of another Character that was more or less Identical. I swore I posted the letter at least the day before yesterday.

This makes the third Character I've made in the last couple weeks trying to get into the Fortress and I haven't been approached by anyone on any of them.

Then I run into people who mysteriously rank up along side me and are in.

When I ask about it, they say they had to approach the leadership directly. That's really not my style nor has it ever been my experience that as an applicante, that not only am I not approached, I am threatened and apparently spoken ill of by a character I never met.

When I found out about that, I pretty much figured I was out with this one too. I was a little bitchy when I said that to you and posted the letter.

Sorry about that.

Brinton (Guest)Thu 22-Jun-06 06:06 AM

#48921, "Man..."
In response to Reply #2

I gave you that sword two days ago while you were rank 16. You don't know Kavan very well, heh. I had to bug the living crap out of him to get interviewed, and that was after I hit 25. I don't even think I got inducted into the Fort until like 44 hours after starting. If you want to join the cabal, you have to keep asking the members to speak with you. Usually we're running around trying to find/kill/interact with enemies and I personally only speak with applicants about joining when they deliberately ask me to, otherwise I'm fine just chatting them up.

But yeah, sending three letters in 2 days and then deleting because you didn't get inducted is bad. Dedication and patience will get you anywhere in life man!

-B

IsildurThu 22-Jun-06 12:54 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48952, "RE: Man..."
In response to Reply #3

People often like to wax nostalgic about the old days. What I remember, from back in the old days, is that it used to be a pain in the ass to get into a cabal. At least, it was for me. First I had to talk to all five leaders of Masters. Then I had to answer some BS questions about magic for which there's no obvious info in-game. That meant I had to bleed the answers off some other Master. When I finally got in, man was I happy.

Then we have your situation, where you delete because you didn't get inducted after what, 3 days? Try two weeks. Give it two weeks, then you can start getting antsy. Or don't sweat it at all. When I played Nhiala, I don't think I was inducted until after I had already hero'd. And that was somewhere past 100 hours since I was (somewhat) slowed by solo-ranking. Hell, Rogardian (without being asked) had to come down and fill in certain historical gaps in my role before it was even possible (role-play wise) for me to join.

One of the characters I played immediately after that was an assassin. I sent a letter to Scion, then put forth pretty much zero effort to be inducted. No talking to leaders, no nothing. I didn't even role-play wanting to be a Scion. What happened? They seek me out. I think I actually changed my mind about joining, not wanting to get slaughtered by deathblowing ragers, but the leader started sending me tells, Eshval appeared to me and interviewed me on the spot, etc. It's like I did everything not to get in, and they pulled me in anyway.

My advice is to just be patient, and work with what you have. Nothing prevents you from role-playing the same tenets held by Fortress members, even if you lack the cabal channel and powers. Act like a fortie, travel with forties, and eventually someone will induct you. And if it takes a while? So what. You're still getting to play a character with Fort-based role-play.

TheerklaThu 22-Jun-06 01:35 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1055 posts
#48960, "Think of the days when Maran first went in."
In response to Reply #5

You needed Leika to interview you. I remember once, she took one look at a character, and said something along the lines of I can't see the color of your eyes, come back when your appearance is clearer.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #48892 Previous topic | Next topic