Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Saroiya Rovinthium the Virtuous Kn..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #48889
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 21-Jun-06 03:12 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48889, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Saroiya Rovinthium the Virtuous Knight-Templar, Devout Monk"

Wed Jun 21 15:08:14 2006

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Saroiya perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:550

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Can anyone pick up Saroiya PBF I am wonder on imm comme..., Elhe (Guest), 23-Jun-06 10:19 PM, #18
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Saroiya Rovinthium the Virtuou..., Saroiya (Guest), 21-Jun-06 05:59 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Saroiya Rovinthium the Virtuou..., Zeltana (Guest), 21-Jun-06 07:38 PM, #3
Reply Awesome Paladin, Kavan (Guest), 21-Jun-06 08:44 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Saroiya Rovinthium the Virtuou..., Player (Guest), 21-Jun-06 09:28 PM, #5
Reply Chokiare looked up to you so much, Chokiare (Guest), 21-Jun-06 11:55 PM, #6
Reply RE: Chokiare looked up to you so much, Saroiya (Guest), 23-Jun-06 09:06 AM, #16
Reply Great character., Adhelard1 (Guest), 22-Jun-06 03:13 AM, #7
Reply I can't believe I forgot you!, Saroiya (Guest), 23-Jun-06 09:04 AM, #15
     Reply Haha. Yes, Adhelard1 (Guest), 23-Jun-06 11:28 AM, #17
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Saroiya Rovinthium the Virtuou..., Dalteric, 22-Jun-06 08:27 AM, #8
Reply About my deletion (Anordes), Kamuela_, 22-Jun-06 08:29 AM, #9
Reply Thanks and thanks., Fielstithian (Guest), 22-Jun-06 10:56 AM, #10
Reply Heh, glad you thought so, Lekajab (Guest), 23-Jun-06 05:20 AM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Saroiya Rovinthium the Virtuou..., nepenthe, 23-Jun-06 07:43 AM, #12
Reply I thought I had a very good reason., Saroiya (Guest), 23-Jun-06 09:03 AM, #14
Reply I hear you..but.., Pro-man (Guest), 29-Jun-06 07:41 PM, #23
Reply Small remark, Dwoggurd, 24-Jun-06 07:58 AM, #20
Reply You were a stone cold pimp. Well done. n/t, Erivoran (Guest), 23-Jun-06 08:22 AM, #13
Reply You were pain in ass man :), Elhe (Guest), 23-Jun-06 10:25 PM, #19
Reply Is Reir Chomp!, Reir (Guest), 24-Jun-06 08:59 AM, #21
Reply Very Impressive, Farigno, 27-Jun-06 11:04 PM, #22
Reply You were the Cabdru of the Fortress for a while., Ulzammon (Guest), 21-Jun-06 05:08 PM, #1

Elhe (Guest)Fri 23-Jun-06 10:19 PM

#49062, "Can anyone pick up Saroiya PBF I am wonder on imm comme..."
In response to Reply #0

may be there will be part about summoning elves and some things

Saroiya (Guest)Wed 21-Jun-06 05:59 PM

#48898, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Saroiya Rovinthium the Virtuou..."
In response to Reply #0

Ding dong, I’m finally dead!!

I had a great time with this character from the word go, thanks to everyone who interacted with me for helping to make this character so much fun to play. I’ve had rotten luck with empowerment characters in the past. This one was the second of five attempts that actually got empowered and it has given me an inkling of faith in the empowerment system. This was a great character for me in just about every way and I’ve lots of good byes and thanks to give so I’ll get to it.

Imms:

Dalteric: You are bar none, in my opinion, the best immortal to seek empowerment from. I loved the fact that I could count on you to be around at predictable times when I could reach you and more that you would respond. That has been the hardest part of the empowerment process for me in the past is finding gods who would actually answer me. That week where I hit the shrine for a good 30-45 minutes every day was great and I am very grateful for your time and attention there. On top of top notch and very thoughtful interactions which inspired me into pursuing a whole load of insights I didn’t consider and incorporate them into my role, you also gave me just about every sort of reward a paladin can hope for. I’m surprised there aren’t more Monks because you are a blast to follow.

Nepenthe: Kudos for such a cool area explore. I learned a lot about it with this character and a lot of what I learned I didn’t get to put to use. I’ll definitely be back.

Other:

Farigno: It was always a pleasure talking and traveling with you. I enjoyed dealing with that circlet of doom.

Adalanthal: You always gave me such a headache about deciding how far astray I could be coerced from my serene ice lady persona. Always good times and quite a few good fights.

Harpouzel: I sort of lost you during the later parts of my life. You were always a great companion and we had some good fights vs the hordes of darkness.

Saiydee: You seemed a little green around the ears to me but you were also so benevolent. I think you coulda been a great acolyte, a real contender you know?

Grinok, Sahrvlar, Aundar: My giant friends who died such tragic deaths at You-know-who’s hand and lightning. Some of those trips I really regret. Now that the king has been buffed up I would only take a very exceptional group to attempt him.

Waldali: Stealing that sword has got to be one of the biggest thefts in recent memory. Thanks for picking locks for Farigno and I. You were an … interesting character.

Ilthuria: You were a craft adversary and I’ve heard a great deal of your prowess… but I don’t think I ever was a victim of your knife? Never the less you really kept me on my toes.

Palmer: You were always a good adversary with a suitably creepy demeanor. Congratulations on becoming a mummy and may you inspire fear and terror for many months to come.

Azqaxazr: Nice kills, I hoped for a long time that you would rank up and we could finish what started in the lower levels.

Klivingstona/Grunlath/Merlah: Hated your dispels and you were all worthy adversaries, you really kept me on my toes and in stands to avoid the summon/bash/dispel. We had some good fights that I wish I’d logged more of.

Lotruk/Gharahka/Ispris/Mentok: All quality blades that often gave me a real run for my money. I do regret a few of the more severe beatdowns I gave you especially Gharahka, it seems the empire has been through hard times for quite a while now.

Nysveld/Strouth: Eyes on a paladin really isn’t fair for empire necros, you both stuck it out longer than I probably would have.

Thestune: You were a wily one and died a lot less than I would have thought. Well played.

Cabdru: Nothing really left to say that I didn’t already address in your good-bye thread. After spiffy item saved your arse I really didn’t see any conceivable way that I could be party to your demise. You were a monster.

Greddarh: The smaller monster. I was really surprised when you lightningbolted yourself for an unspeak. We had some good fights and at least with you I always felt I had a chance. Good run, I look forward to crossing blades with you again.

Morasfenmire: You really were the beast of the swamps. You caused me no end of trouble, good job.

Aeria: I hated your guts and while my rp was pretty dead set on seeking peace with neutral parties, I really wish I’d taken more aggressive action against you.

Fielstithian: Boy did you benefit from all the times Aeria and Morasfenmire killed me. I never really saw much of you but I hear you did good.

Krolthan/Ulzammon: You were always up for a fight and I appreciated your valor. It was really unfortunate that you got stuck with such a situationaly unfortunate form Ulz.

Now for the long list of Fortress good byes…

Haageran: You give new meaning to the word ‘Charge!’. Thanks for being such a good friend through all the ups and downs of the Imperial- Fort war.

Glaumorgth: You brought a smile to my face more than once with your antics.

Lekajab: You are crazy suicidal and yet made our fights with the empire a lot more fun just by being around.

Artageia: Thanks for the interactions when I was first getting started, you were a good role model for me and the fort.

Nedav: I was disappointed when you deleted, what happened?

Zeltana: I’ve a bit of a hunch that this wasn’t your first fort healer, was sad to see you go too.

Reir: What a Captain! I loved your warcry and attitude. You played a very convincing felar rather than a human in a cat suit.

Dihir: You took a lot of hits and kept going… for a while. I regret that I didn’t spend more time interacting with you.

Anordes: Man you were a real rock for us, especially when we had to deal with the likes of Greddarh and Cabdru. I’m surprised that you deleted so soon, it takes an awful long time to get all those shields and then to delete makes me shake my head.

Gulloth: You sort of disappeared on me while I was trying to conspire with you about some certain questiness, what happened?

Jatleyo: I winced whenever I saw you logon because I knew you were going to eat it.

Erivoran: You were a great presence in the earlier part of my run that I later came to miss. Too bad you couldn’t reactivate before the auto-deleter came along.

Thakhad: I loved Thakhad, I thought you woulda made a great acolyte leader. You had a great presence and personality that I enjoyed interacting with.

Seltun: Adios ya dwarf lady. You really confused me when I first came across you. An elf that thinks she’s a dwarf? Wtf…

Enniallien: I can’t say how disappointed I was when you deleted, I think I said most of what I had to say in your deletion thread. I did like our races though and urge you again to ask for help when you’re a goodie if you need it.

Mirryl: My favorite ram! We had some good times, some good kills, and you looked awfully funny after catching that crotch-rash.

Xilla: A legend in my time that I got to saw the last of.

Kavan: A great captain and you seem to be putting in as many hours as I used to. You’re sharp as a tack and I think the Fort is in good hands with you.

Hyzin: Where oh where have you gone? We had some good times hunting bad guys, not so much time talking but you were definitely memorable.

Well, that’s about it. I’m sure I forgot a few people, but I’m tired of writing this thing. Thanks again to everyone who made this character so much fun. I’ll definitely be back.

Zeltana (Guest)Wed 21-Jun-06 07:38 PM

#48899, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Saroiya Rovinthium the Virtuou..."
In response to Reply #2

Hey, thanks for the honorable mention. I had the distinct pleasure of interacting with you with more than one incarnation. With each, I was pleasantly pleased. I hope you intend on returning to the fields with more of your spiffy ability to roleplay, as well as being a solid player in the realm of PK.

As a sidenote, Zeltana was definitely my first for several things, to include, but not limited to, an Acolyte healer.

Kavan (Guest)Wed 21-Jun-06 08:44 PM

#48904, "Awesome Paladin"
In response to Reply #2

Your presence will definitely be sorely missed. Enjoyed talking to you regarding just about everything, and thanks for all the gear hook ups. I hope you find something else you can sink your teeth into soon, and definitely keep the fortress in mind. We can always use a strong arm like yourself within our walls.

Good luck with whatever is next,
Kavan

Player (Guest)Wed 21-Jun-06 09:28 PM

#48907, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Saroiya Rovinthium the Virtuou..."
In response to Reply #2

Just so you know, Harpouzel = Sahrvlar.

Chokiare (Guest)Wed 21-Jun-06 11:55 PM

#48912, "Chokiare looked up to you so much"
In response to Reply #2

Just wanted to let you know that, and hope you have as much fun with your next.

Saroiya (Guest)Fri 23-Jun-06 09:06 AM

#49045, "RE: Chokiare looked up to you so much"
In response to Reply #6

I did my best to be a good role model and it feels good to know that some of you saw me that way. I didn't get to spend as much time with Chokiare as I would have liked but I could tell you really had heart. Keep truckin!

Adhelard1 (Guest)Thu 22-Jun-06 03:13 AM

#48916, "Great character."
In response to Reply #2

Just all around great job.

Saroiya (Guest)Fri 23-Jun-06 09:04 AM

#49044, "I can't believe I forgot you!"
In response to Reply #7

Thanks, and you are pretty mack yourself. It was always a pleasure beating the evil doods down with you but I gotta ask.. Is there a reason why you always drop link rather than quit?

Adhelard1 (Guest)Fri 23-Jun-06 11:28 AM

#49048, "Haha. Yes"
In response to Reply #15

>
>Thanks, and you are pretty mack yourself. It was always a
>pleasure beating the evil doods down with you but I gotta
>ask.. Is there a reason why you always drop link rather than
>quit?

Yes.. it's in my role, but ..

I have a wife and (newborn) daughter, and when one starts crying, I have to drop everything, adrenaline be damned!

DaltericThu 22-Jun-06 08:27 AM
Member since 26th Jun 2005
82 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48925, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Saroiya Rovinthium the Virtuou..."
In response to Reply #2

Clearly you're trying to make me over-emotional with all the compliments! Seriously, Saroiya was a good follower. You definitely fleshed out a lot of the things I was going for over all the talks, and did some good work with the writings. You also were very helpful with followers who were having trouble, since you can speak more freely about things then I reasonably could.

It was a shame to see you go, I was expecting a con die/age die at this point, but I suppose you can't be perfect. Anyway, a very good job and I hope you had a lot of fun

Kamuela_Thu 22-Jun-06 08:29 AM
Member since 18th Sep 2004
60 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#48926, "About my deletion (Anordes)"
In response to Reply #2

Running around with you was a good bit of fun, and we almost never had any trouble when we were together, *even* with Cabdru around. That being said, there were an average of 4-6 fort heroes on, and an average of 1-3 evils on, one of which was a camoed outlander, the others who had already been ganged enough (Ulzammon, Thestune, Merlah generally) and invokers just aren't fun in gangs (c peb). It got extremely frustrating that there was no one to fight, and so I ended up starting a new char. That char got more fun than Anordes, and I knew it was time to pass on before I let him just become a stowage char.

I'll definitely play another invoker again though, because the class is really solid if you are good about keeping your spells up. Maybe fortress, but only if there are some damn evils in hero range! I so rarely got to use geysers or cones of cold or novas on people that weren't already under abs

It took about half his life to get all the spells, which was a fair investment, but I like seeing skills and spells go up, so that part isn't a huge bother to me like it can be to others. Vortex and Pebble were hell to perfect though.

Fielstithian (Guest)Thu 22-Jun-06 10:56 AM

#48935, "Thanks and thanks."
In response to Reply #2

Thanks for your eq donation to the lighter path of the Refuge, and thanks for the positive comment.

Playing a Shokai follower while an Outlander put me in a position where I had to resolve the conflict between DEFEND the LIGHT and DEFEND FLORA & FAUNA. Fiel's way of handling of that involved lies & betrayal, but it preserved lives on both sides. Since Saroiya never attacked the Refuge itself during my watch, my character certainly wasn't going to strike out at you or yours. Had I known you were in tight with Dalteric, though...

Well-played character on your part, with a reputation that resounded throughout the forests of Carrion Fields.

Good work, and good luck on your next.

Lekajab (Guest)Fri 23-Jun-06 05:20 AM

#49034, "Heh, glad you thought so"
In response to Reply #2

I didn't manage to interact with you much on Lekajab but I ran into with a few others chars, damn strong paladin.
Had my moments of doubt, but for the most part you seemed to stick to the line and own up to having all those nifty powers
Rock on?

nepentheFri 23-Jun-06 07:43 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49038, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Saroiya Rovinthium the Virtuou..."
In response to Reply #2

Obviously you did a good job of beating people down, so I'll speak to something completely different.

I'm not suggesting you make another paladin just yet, but I'd be really interested to see what you do with the next one you play. In a lot of ways, especially earlier on, I felt like you were fighting between your instincts to RP a paladin, and your evil-character-honed instincts to do what was smart for your character.

I keep thinking of this one time the Fort had just been raided, and Empire and Fort had roughly equal numbers. Silvellien is all... come on let's form up and get these guys! And really, you could have, but for some reason you blew him off to finish killing the lobster in Ruins of the Deep.

400 hours later you seemed to have found your groove and Saroiya seemed much more like a paladin to me; thus, I'd be interested to see what a good character starting from where you ended up with this one would look like.

The thing I most liked about Saroiya was her lawfulness. We don't expect every paladin to be that way, but it'd been SO long since I'd seen someone pick that aspect up and do a great job with it that it was a breath of fresh air.

Saroiya (Guest)Fri 23-Jun-06 09:03 AM

#49043, "I thought I had a very good reason."
In response to Reply #12

To the best of my recollection, at the time I thought it was equitable to suicide to try to get the orb back. I had already died more than once and lead others to their deaths against the defense that they had arranged. Part of the Paladin Code implies that leading your friends to death is generally unpaladinly behavior and I strongly believed at the time that if we went we'd all die. It is true that I wanted to kill that damn lobster after I had started on him and been called away like 10 times. However making it 11 times after the previous 10 wouldn't have been too hard on me. I sincerely thought we had no chance and thought that our best strategy was to wait for them to leave the lands and then go hit them.

From my evil experience I've seen the Fort charge into hopeless situations and get slaughtered and I didn't want to perpetuate that too many times. I was killing the lobster in the first place to regear from an event where the above had taken place.

Pro-man (Guest)Thu 29-Jun-06 07:41 PM

#49143, "I hear you..but.."
In response to Reply #14

Fortress has a problem with cohesion. Almost everyone, some Imms included, seem to have a hissy when someone tries to take charge.

They've gone so far as to say it's evil to give orders in a lot of cases.

You not going to help was good for you, not the fort like Nep said. As long as that's allowed to continue and some sort of rank and file is developed.. forts getting beat down.

DwoggurdSat 24-Jun-06 07:58 AM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49070, "Small remark"
In response to Reply #12

From someone who didn't really interact with Saroiya. ( maybe once or twice )
Nor realy was that much around these days.
But from seldom logs and random people opinions I've got the same expression.

If you would ask me to describe Saroyia in exactly one word it would be "s m a r t a s s"

Erivoran (Guest)Fri 23-Jun-06 08:22 AM

#49041, "You were a stone cold pimp. Well done. n/t"
In response to Reply #2

Yeah that's a compliment.

Elhe (Guest)Fri 23-Jun-06 10:25 PM

#49063, "You were pain in ass man :)"
In response to Reply #2

Actualy I hated you because I thought that paladins should act the other way instead the way you did in couple situations Anyway you always gave me troubles and I could not do much with you. I could not land a single spell on you neither I could lag you.

Hell lightning bolt... I hate that moment I was totaly pissed off If you just knew who much I dreamed about your corpse under my feets.

p.s. I wish we could meet when I had big axe seems I am repeating that again and again to different opponents.

Good luck man.

Reir (Guest)Sat 24-Jun-06 08:59 AM

#49074, "Is Reir Chomp!"
In response to Reply #2

Hehe..thought i'd echo that from Reir's grave. Anyway, Saroiya was very very well role-played..I remember incidents such as neutral villagers at the Fort hunting magi, where you'd stand out there and preach til they ran away. And that time when the Fort had a casual chat about hunting in cities and the law..all excellent speeches on your part! And although Reir acted bored and pranced about when you preached, I thought you did the orderly paladin elf rp to perfection. Yet you weren't only about speeches, you chomped twice harder than Reir!

I loved to watch the meditation stances btw..it was beautifully written. Well luck with your next and all!

FarignoTue 27-Jun-06 11:04 PM
Member since 11th Apr 2006
53 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49123, "Very Impressive"
In response to Reply #2

I must say that you were very well role-played from the many interactions that we had together. You influence Farigno to a great deal, and even inspired him to a degree. Our Cabdru hunts were fun, along with all of the other things we did. I cannot express how impressed I was when you gave me that circlet to hold onto, or how bad I felt losing it after you entrusted it to me. (Even if it was by getting cleaved in half) Anyway, well done. I think you would have been an excellent leader of the Fortress. Good luck with the next.
Ciao

Ulzammon (Guest)Wed 21-Jun-06 05:08 PM

#48895, "You were the Cabdru of the Fortress for a while."
In response to Reply #0

Well ####in done.

Luck on your next man.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #48889 Previous topic | Next topic