Subject: "Sansten de..de..de..deleted!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #48680
Show all folders

Sansten (Guest)Wed 14-Jun-06 05:43 PM

#48680, "Sansten de..de..de..deleted!"

Well folks, it was fun. Sorta lost interest, should tried for Maran. This was my first shifter since the days of the golden tower and I wasn't quite sure how well I would be able to do in the PK arena so after much rp and ooc consideration I went acolyte. Bad idea I think.

I never had a written role, but I always had an idea of who Sansten was and how he developed as a character. He started out, essentially, as a complete coward and as he grew up he became more and more courageous. I even changed up his desc to reflect his age a couple of times. Go me. Alas, I think having no role and no religion sputtered out the fun for me. I know, I could have added a role, but I felt as though it was too late in the character's life. I don't know why, maybe I was just too lazy to do it.

On the plus side, I did more exploration with Sansten than I did with any other character. Learned a thing or two. Yay.

Goodbyes -

Fort:

Adhelard, Arvemos, Brinton, - You three were my guys, we would always meet up and start laying the smack down.

Chokiare - That one time, we kicked a%$.

Anaisah, Mirryl - Where are you guys?

Kavan - I hate you.

Battle:

Lerimos - You tricky bastard. You were the only villager I ever worried about. We both had our tricks, in the end you played smart and figured out you could switch things up faster than I could. Well played. Too bad neither of us ever killed the other. (though there were some close calls!)

Chirrpiku - That time at the inn had me cracking up. I even tried to get you to leave the inn so you wouldn't be fighting every last bouncer in the inn, but you took a while doing it so I made things hell for you

Burrgyn - Sorry we never really fought, but uh...I already knew the outcome.

Firegiantaxespec - That one time you pincered me inside the inn when I was out of form...I got away with 7hp. Enjoy.

Empire:

Inthulnizra - Man you were annoying. Enjoy the gear. I figured I would just suicide out my last death. One thing that makes playing a shifter a challenge in raid situations is the difficulty in hitting and redirecting at your enemies.

Kharghurln - You were cool, we had some nice fights. Thanks for giving a bit of my stuff back. Sorry you have no friends

Kunitsin - I hated fighting you. It seems you could always outdamage me with those damn magic missiles. After I found a somewhat reliable barrier source I was going to come after you...but never did. You would have gotten away anyway

Well that's it for me. Time to roll something new. Something less survivable.

P.S. - For anyone who got annoyed my Sansten's stuttering, sorry. It annoyed the piss outta me too.

-Elf Blade

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I saw you gave up. But I had to finish the kill., Inthulnizra (Guest), 15-Jun-06 01:17 AM, #7
Reply Aww man., Adhelard1 (Guest), 15-Jun-06 12:17 AM, #6
Reply RE: Sansten de..de..de..deleted!, Mesira (Guest), 14-Jun-06 11:31 PM, #5
Reply RE: Sansten de..de..de..deleted!, Crysseara, 14-Jun-06 07:50 PM, #3
Reply RE: Fort Stuff, Sansten (Guest), 14-Jun-06 08:41 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Fort Stuff, A2, 15-Jun-06 10:23 AM, #8
          Reply Yeah, that's my point. Sort of. nt, Sansten (Guest), 15-Jun-06 11:10 AM, #9
Reply Buh buh bye, Lerimos (Guest), 14-Jun-06 06:24 PM, #2
Reply Subtract the typos., Sansten (Guest), 14-Jun-06 05:46 PM, #1

Inthulnizra (Guest)Thu 15-Jun-06 01:17 AM

#48693, "I saw you gave up. But I had to finish the kill."
In response to Reply #0

Always good when you raided, you were a semi danger to me as I know how fact wildcat can run and is amazing at initiating combat. As for your corpse. I think I took 1 thing and left the rest. I ID'd your good only wands too. LOL. Overall well done.

As for raiding as a shifter. You will learn how if you stick it out. There are certain ways to do everything with every form.

Adhelard1 (Guest)Thu 15-Jun-06 12:17 AM

#48692, "Aww man."
In response to Reply #0

You were the greatest. No raid could go wrong as long as you were a part of it Pretty bummed you deleted 'cause I have a feeling there would have been fun times ahead!

Good luck with your next.

Mesira (Guest)Wed 14-Jun-06 11:31 PM

#48691, "RE: Sansten de..de..de..deleted!"
In response to Reply #0

Hey, I liked you, and the stuttering too. If you hadn't stuttered, I probably wouldn't have remember your character!

It was too bad Katalilssa butchered your corpse on accident in the swamp that one time; it was great ranking with you.

CryssearaWed 14-Jun-06 07:50 PM
Member since 05th Mar 2006
53 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48685, "RE: Sansten de..de..de..deleted!"
In response to Reply #0

I know you got off to a rocky start in the Fortress, not sure which side to join but I thought you would make a good Acolyte some day after you got a little more Fortie experience under your belt. I'm sad to see you deleted already. Well, have more fun with your next!

Sansten (Guest)Wed 14-Jun-06 08:41 PM

#48688, "RE: Fort Stuff"
In response to Reply #3

Well, not knowing which side to join was mostly an IC thing. I think it would be nice if more people went into this sort of thing without already knowing all the answers to the interview questions and knowing exactly where they will go and what they will do. I think we as players sometimes fall into traps of repetition rather than roleplay. But, there definately was another OOC side where I was trying to decide how much I would be pk'ing, so I decided I would roll with it and rp it out.

Another thing to keep an eye on is really defining the difference between Maran and Acolytes. It should be more than it is now, I think. I also found that when speaking to most people in the Fort, they don't really know the difference either. They can give their rehearsed speech about it, but when questioned on it, I can tell their logic is not well thought out.

A2Thu 15-Jun-06 10:23 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
371 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48694, "RE: Fort Stuff"
In response to Reply #4

>Well, not knowing which side to join was mostly an IC thing.
>I think it would be nice if more people went into this sort of
>thing without already knowing all the answers to the interview
>questions and knowing exactly where they will go and what they
>will do. I think we as players sometimes fall into traps of
>repetition rather than roleplay. But, there definately was
>another OOC side where I was trying to decide how much I would
>be pk'ing, so I decided I would roll with it and rp it out.

ICly, joining a cabal is a HUGE committment. Your character should have a solid foundation of understanding of the cabal if he is planning on pledging his entire life to its service. With the fortress, if I were leading and someone wasn't sure which side of the fort they belonged on, then they hadn't given it enough thought and wouldn't be inducted. From an in game POV it's not something that should be taken lightly.

Sansten (Guest)Thu 15-Jun-06 11:10 AM

#48695, "Yeah, that's my point. Sort of. nt"
In response to Reply #8

nt

Lerimos (Guest)Wed 14-Jun-06 06:24 PM

#48682, "Buh buh bye"
In response to Reply #0

Oh mean you were courageous when we fought last. I forgot you were a porcupine and you almost got me good! That one time with the Scions was very interesting surprised the heck out of me. I would have enjoyed more interactions but alas its not to be. Good luck with your next

Sansten (Guest)Wed 14-Jun-06 05:46 PM

#48681, "Subtract the typos."
In response to Reply #0

And this is an example why you don't type a goodbye message when first waking up. Apologies for the typos.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #48680 Previous topic | Next topic