Subject: "(AUTO) [None] Nezerbekna the Lady of the Underworld" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #48607
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 10-Jun-06 02:08 AM
Member since 12th Sep 2024
17158 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48607, "(AUTO) [None] Nezerbekna the Lady of the Underworld"

Sat Jun 10 02:04:25 2006

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Nezerbekna perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:thief
Level:39
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:311

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Nezerbekna (Guest)Sun 11-Jun-06 12:32 AM

#48613, "Trappers: Tons of fun, very low risk."
In response to Reply #0

Well, I had thought about just signing on and deleting sometime ago, but I never could bring myself to it for some reason. Oh well, some thoughts:

Nez's role was to stop all the wars on Thera. Her parents were peacemakers and so she wished to finish what they started. She tried to do this by disarming and stealing the "warmongers" of the world. So, I would typically only steal weapons and whatever people might use to assist them in battle, but if it was anything more, I was probably trying to get enough gold for elite status in the guild. If I couldn't sell the weapon for gold, I'd sac it. The idea was to make it hard for the warmongers to fight. I started her out by being sympathetic to Empire since not only was she evil and orderly, but their cabal is easily recognizable. She did favors and supplied their troops for quite a while, but then saw how much they weren't really adding to the order; rather, they were disrupting it. At that point, it was her against the world pretty much. This kind of role is good in theory, but in practice, it made life tough. Pretty hard to make friends this way and very easy to make enemies. There were so many times when I wanted to soften up a bit, and I did at times with a few select people like Eacer , but otherwise I stuck to the role, no matter how lonely it got.

I had some initial trouble with the trapper path, but it wasn't necessarily because of the path itself. I had just never played one before. So, I scoured the logs and asked heroes for clues. It's amazing how many people don't know about trappers. I learned a huge amount and I'm not only a newb to the class, but a newb to the game as well. This was the first char I've had since I started playing a few months ago that I truly enjoyed and wanted to hero. There are alot of ingredients around and plenty of cool situations to use traps. When I got past the learning curve, I was pretty damn successful with the system I had going. There were only about 3 or 4 dudes who would skip over the traps every single time, but the rest took a whiff of the ol' powder eventually. The only issue I had with the class was when I made it to high 30's. I wanted to hero with this char, but I had a really hard time finding high level ingredients to match the high level prey. I didn't want to enter hero range without hero range ingredients. I decided to explore a ton, since many heroes I asked didn't know or didn't want to tell me where to find them. I found a lot of cool stuff (gentlewalk/shieldblock/traps helped alot), but thieves are still a challenge to explore with, so unfortunately, I never found the holy grail(s) I was looking for. I knew of some area explore stuff, but it didn't seem worth the effort for the simple tasks I had before me. I refused to rank until I had found better stuff, but since I didn't, I stayed put.

An issue I had as well was with burst trap. It's great for negating any worries about direction, but isn't as worthwhile as an area affect. Primarily, because it only affects the leader of a group after they walk in the room. The way I was able to affect whole groups was by setting the trap in the middle of a fight I was not party to. Someone in pk range would either flee and return or arrive from somewhere else, trigger the trap, and hit everyone (damage burst). Pretty dayum cool and I'm sure there are other possibilities, but I had hoped that I'd be able to go after whole groups with the skill. Also, I never found much use for glowing trap except that one silly trick I pulled on Eacer to get a laugh at the Inn. I could always see invis and it's bad for business to attack thieves and assassins, so why would I need to glow someone? Rangers? Never left the roads. Oh yeah, I wish I could've been alerted by my traps firing much like a ranger gets alerted by his snares firing. I didn't mind having to run around, checking for this trap and that, but it got tricky when dealing with the detect hidden guys. As a so-called spy thief, master of traps, I would think that the alert system would just add to the stealth and open up a few avenues for creative trap laying. Just my two cents. Maybe rangers are supposed to be the trapmasters and not trapper thieves? I dunno.

Imms: thanks for the immteraction. Even when you slapped my wrist for the short logins. I learned my lesson and now I don't log in unless I can put some time in. Still, if you want people to "log in for atleast 30 minutes," then post it in the rules. It might clear some things up. Again, being a newb, I didn't know that it raised flags, but I understand why, so no hate here.

Mortals: I ran into alot of chars, so I can't remember yadda yadda.

Dalvus, people kept trying to pay me to kill you. You were pretty suicidal, but you kept things interesting. We had a few tag teams, but most of the time, I liked NOT losing con, so I passed on alot of your adventures.
Eacer, that time I killed you and we had that interaction afterwards... Such great RP! Me calling you a warmonger and you replying, "But I'm a chef!" We'd even ranked together at one point! (I had forgotten). Since then, we had some adventures (ouch muter) and you definitely helped me add some depth to my char. Thanks for the great times and the willful glowing.
Akan/Arkan/Evil elf, I still have the log of when I had just finished killing that cloud warrior and you showed up to bash. You missed, but I went from 40% to 2% quick. I fled and survived, but that was a rush. Props all around.
Velos, "Who you gonna call?"
Kavan, you tripped and threw me... dead. After that, I never had flight down around you or any other assassin. Thanks for the hard lesson. I was definitely happy when you left the range.

Final thought on trapper thieves. There is alot that I did with mine and there is still alot that can be done, I'm sure. One of the benefits to this class is your playing with powers not too many people are familiar with. One of the reasons I was probably successful was the "what the eff/who the eff was that?" factor. Tons of fun, very low risk.

Guy (Guest)Sun 11-Jun-06 12:23 PM

#48617, "You've given a couple of my characters hell"
In response to Reply #3

I remember you trying to catch me on the open plains while duo as Soega *Might not have been on purpose* But I saw you set up the trap right next to me.
And you made friends of sorts with one of my more current chars, that never did pan out.

But really I wanted to post up here, mainly because I must say those trap/poison ingredients do exist.
Though I've found more poison than trap at hero, nonetheless I've seen em, just gotta look in all the odd corners.

Zheeser (Guest)Sat 10-Jun-06 10:12 AM

#48609, "Damn"
In response to Reply #0

All I knew was that you were THE trap thief, I never got to see you in action in log or live but I'd love to hear anything you have to say about trap thieves.

Sorry you had to let it go, unless you stopped having fun.

Chris

Eacer (Guest)Sat 10-Jun-06 02:34 AM

#48608, "RE: (AUTO) [None] Nezerbekna the Lady of the Underworld"
In response to Reply #0

No!! Oh well. Had fun interacting with you, especially when
you were calling me a warmonger. Anyways, good luck on your
next!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #48607 Previous topic | Next topic