Subject: "(DEL) Albaszn the Pantsless Avenger, Tainted by Greed" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4835
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 21-Feb-02 12:33 PM
Member since 12th May 2024
16842 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4835, "(DEL) Albaszn the Pantsless Avenger, Tainted by Greed"

Thu Feb 21 12:31:49 2002

8 o''clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Heat on the Theran calendar Albaszn perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:178
PK Ratio:40% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Death_Claw: Post deleted., Valguarnera, 21-Feb-02 11:32 PM, #8
Reply RE: Death_Claw: Post deleted., Death_Claw, 21-Feb-02 11:48 PM, #9
Reply Damn was I hated., Albaszn, 21-Feb-02 12:36 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Damn was I hated., Dwim/Grollaski (Guest), 21-Feb-02 01:07 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Damn was I hated., Valguarnera, 21-Feb-02 01:18 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Damn was I hated., Albaszn, 21-Feb-02 01:46 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Damn was I hated., Vladamir, 22-Feb-02 01:27 AM, #10
     Reply RE: Damn was I hated., Theerkla, 21-Feb-02 01:27 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Damn was I hated., Albaszn, 21-Feb-02 02:04 PM, #6
          Reply RE: Damn was I hated., Wemnar, 21-Feb-02 03:10 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Damn was I hated., Shinomori (Guest), 22-Feb-02 01:54 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Damn was I hated., Salezan (Guest), 25-Feb-02 01:23 PM, #12

ValguarneraThu 21-Feb-02 11:32 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4836, "Death_Claw: Post deleted."
In response to Reply #0

Take baseless conspiracy theories elsewhere.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Death_ClawThu 21-Feb-02 11:48 PM
103 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4837, "RE: Death_Claw: Post deleted."
In response to Reply #8

On what measure? Which were baseless? The ones I have logs on or the ones I have copies of emalis written? Heheheheheheh. No, I don't go posting stuff that are "baseless." Either way, at least tell the man why he got unemp'd the second time around.

AlbasznThu 21-Feb-02 12:36 PM
1 posts
#4838, "Damn was I hated."
In response to Reply #0

I usually write a long good bye note and it ends up being a long rant of some kind. So for me to prevent this I will try to keep it short, sweet and to the point. When I first rolled Albaszn I knew things would be hard. I have been playing this game a long time and don’t like to make cookie cutter roles any more. My last few characters have been very anomalous and bizarre. Perhaps I get to into my role so much that I “annoy” people. Honestly I don’t mean to, I just try to have fun. It is a shame that I no longer have fun playing. It seems to me that the Immortals are out to get me; perhaps it’s my past, who knows. I just wish CF could be like it was, back when no one knew who my characters were and back when you didn’t need to know someone to advance.

For my good byes and recognitions I want to thanks everyone who interacted with me. Most of my mortal interactions were great; many helped me assimilate my gnomish paladin role into Thera. I always thought that I was not doing anything wrong and all my actions were justified. I would have thought having a unique paladin around would not bother anyone and be humorous and entertaining. Sure I was vulgar at times, and didn’t always live up to the paladin code but it just gets annoying when all I did was role play and I got punished. I see fire giant mace specializations running around the mid ranks with poor to no description and they just get over looked or they get a title for being a beast. My exasperation is beyond words, I only wished that I could age die a character with out any problems. I know entropic characters are short lived and my path was an inevitable downfall but some things are just not right and to spend so much time to be jerked around is not as fun as it seems. I always say I am going to make on of those fire giants but never do. Perhaps now is the time or maybe I should just give up on this game. It no longer has the affect it had in the past and I am at the point in my life where every decision I make will impact how I live and where I will be in the future.

Sorry if I let you down Grumorum and Mayesha, as peculiar as you two are you always have a way of dragging me in.

~Albaszn aka Scorbus

*Kicks the stump one last time*

Dwim/Grollaski (Guest)Thu 21-Feb-02 01:07 PM

#4847, "RE: Damn was I hated."
In response to Reply #1

You always had to toe the line, didn't you
As groll I was thrilled to have a sluff crusader, it was like a
role reversal for me, being the healer instead of the paladin.
You were just a little to much futher out there than I was I guess.
Overall good job. Sluff paladins can get away with a lot if you do it right. I remember logging in one day and INSTANTLY gettings a tell from grumorum that there was a new crusader and to get my *ss to the stump. It was pretty cool.

I'll miss ya

Dwimmerling the next to last crusader of the stump.

ValguarneraThu 21-Feb-02 01:18 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4844, "RE: Damn was I hated."
In response to Reply #1

Sure I was vulgar at times, and didn’t always live up to the paladin code but it just gets annoying when all I did was role play and I got punished.

From what I saw, you ignored the Paladin Code completely, and were relieved of empowerment as a Paladin. How would you have preferred we handle this?

I just wish CF could be like it was, back when no one knew who my characters were

How do other people know who your characters are? We're not telling them. Who is at fault there?

and back when you didn’t need to know someone to advance.

You don't. There's tons of players who don't "know anyone", and can get cabals, leadership, titles, tattoos, etc. Heck, there are a lot of players who get these things despite a very negative history with the immortal staff. We do what we can to judge each new character as a new chance.

Weren't you Annabelle? Didn't you get a cabal leadership position about a year ago? (And when you lost it, wasn't it for breaking the non-aggression roleplay guidelines of your cabal?) Is it possible that Albaszn was unempowered just because he ignored the Paladin Code, and nothing more?

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

AlbasznThu 21-Feb-02 01:46 PM
1 posts
#4846, "RE: Damn was I hated."
In response to Reply #3

From what I saw, you ignored the Paladin Code completely, and were relieved of empowerment as a Paladin. How would you have preferred we handle this?

Yeah, I understand what I did wrong and I knew it would not fix itself but for the future I only wish there could be more communication when taking away ones powers. I feel it didn’t help my role-playing any when I tried to word and it not working out of the blue. IC I was confused because my character saw nothing wrong with his actions. Surely I knew that this day was inevitable but my character did not. Also following a god who feels your doing good at what you do is deceiving *smirk*.

How do other people know who your characters are? We're not telling them. Who is at fault there?

Yep, my fault again. Every character I try to keep quiet but it never happens, maybe my next one will be able to keep his mouth shut.

There's tons of players who don't "know anyone", and can get cabals, leadership, titles, tattoos, etc. Heck, there are a lot of players who get these things despite a very negative history with the immortal staff. We do what we can to judge each new character as a new chance.

Aye, I know this…when I first started playing these things happened to me and I felt so good. I think now after all these years I became naïve and paranoid. I plan on taking a brake; I have already purged my computer of all my ooc contacts.

Weren't you Annabelle? Didn't you get a cabal leadership position about a year ago? (And when you lost it, wasn't it for breaking the non-aggression roleplay guidelines of your cabal?) Is it possible that Albaszn was unempowered just because he ignored the Paladin Code, and nothing more?

Yes, I was Annabelle and I had a blast, if you could not tell by now I am accident prone. I do stupid things which always get me in trouble. That is one reason way I stick with entropy it just comes natural to me. I remember you gave me advice once to make a normal character, one that is more serious and I have. It’s a shame they went no where. I played a normal paladin, followed the code and didn’t even receive empowerment. I wasted over a hundred hours trying to prove I can not act like an idiot and I was ignored. Ah well them are the brakes, one of these days I will make a successful character. Its been 6 years and I am yet to delete satisfied.

VladamirFri 22-Feb-02 01:27 AM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#4845, "RE: Damn was I hated."
In response to Reply #3

and back when you didn’t need to know someone to advance.

#####. if you needed to know someone to advance, I'd never be able to advance past picking a name at char creation. With all the IMM's I've pissed off, butted heads with, and pissed on their toes, if this were the case I'd be screwed royally. but I've had cabal leaderships, tattoos, positions if not of leadership, of authority, and great amounts of immteraction. Maybe you should take a little break and see if you come back still feeling this way. Thats what I do.

TheerklaThu 21-Feb-02 01:27 PM
1055 posts
#4841, "RE: Damn was I hated."
In response to Reply #1

Several things, I don't hate you, I don't know who you are, and I don't know who anybody else is.

But, I am still burning with curiosity, where did the pantsless title come from?

AlbasznThu 21-Feb-02 02:04 PM
1 posts
#4842, "RE: Damn was I hated."
In response to Reply #4

Hey that’s all right; I don’t think you really want to know where my title came from but if you want to know I will tell you.

It was when Mobus came and killed my two group mates when I was helping them learn in the onyx tower. Sure I probably could have done something to prevent it but I did all I could. I then ran from corpse to corpse gathering what I could before the necro took it all with his zombies. So when he did take the rest I did this:

<979/979hp 811/811m 658mv> slap Mobus
You slap Mobus.

<979/979hp 811/811m 658mv> say Look at this.
You say 'Look at this.'

<979/979hp 811/811m 658mv> , drops his pants and smiles.
Albaszn drops his pants and smiles.

<979/979hp 811/811m 658mv>
Mobus leaves down.
A zombie of an elite storm giant soldier leaves down.
A ghoul leaves down.
A flesh golem leaves down.

If anyone wants to see the rest of the log and be amused let me know, I can post it. Basically it’s a good laugh and shows how not to act as a paladin. Oh and the Greed part of my title? Got me…I always gave away what I didn’t use. Oh right it was the 800k of copper I had on me, Silly me.

This was the first time I was unempowered, the second time occurred when I was just sitting in the Inn. So I put on a handsewn pair of invisible pants and went to bed.

If you have any more questions or comments do let me know.

WemnarThu 21-Feb-02 03:10 PM
10 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#4843, "RE: Damn was I hated."
In response to Reply #6

>If anyone wants to see the rest of the log and be amused let
>me know, I can post it. Basically it’s a good laugh and
>shows how not to act as a paladin. Oh and the Greed part of
>my title? Got me…I always gave away what I didn’t use. Oh
>right it was the 800k of copper I had on me, Silly me.

POST IT! I need a laugh.

Shinomori (Guest)Fri 22-Feb-02 01:54 AM

#4840, "RE: Damn was I hated."
In response to Reply #1

was fun really, and disgusting seeing you running around with no pants on. You were a good char, well take care.

Salezan (Guest)Mon 25-Feb-02 01:23 PM

#4839, "RE: Damn was I hated."
In response to Reply #1

Damn, I never would have guessed you were scorbus, I thought your character was well played and I always tried to stick up for you when Krogum Wanted me to attack you. Heh, And I was suprised I won that one bar fight. Anyway I'll see you in the fields,
Salezan, and another cloud giant axe spec a long time ago I doubt you can guess who if you can let me know,

xplicit01@hotmail.com

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4835 Previous topic | Next topic