Subject: "(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Erivoran Torvin the Holy Knight of Su..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #48316
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 24-May-06 10:56 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48316, "(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Erivoran Torvin the Holy Knight of Summer"

Wed May 24 22:53:36 2006

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Erivoran perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:155

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes., Erivoran (Guest), 29-May-06 09:47 PM, #3
Reply Pretty good character. Nice job. (n/t), nepenthe, 29-May-06 10:19 PM, #4
Reply Thanks man. n/t, DC (Guest), 30-May-06 09:32 PM, #5
Reply RE: Goodbyes., Lightmaged (Guest), 30-May-06 10:50 PM, #6
Reply RE: Goodbyes., DC (Guest), 31-May-06 10:32 PM, #11
Reply RE: Goodbyes., Innis, 31-May-06 11:22 AM, #7
Reply warriors can do very well with non stellar gear at hero, laxerific (Guest), 31-May-06 04:21 PM, #8
     Reply I disagree, Randomizer. (Guest), 31-May-06 05:30 PM, #9
     Reply I don't think they would do horribly., DC (Guest), 31-May-06 10:31 PM, #10
Reply God damnit., Erivoran (Guest), 25-May-06 08:38 AM, #1
     Reply Liked you but hated the bads odds. Good luck with your..., Ulzammon (Guest), 25-May-06 01:35 PM, #2
          Reply You were cool., DC (Guest), 31-May-06 10:34 PM, #12

Erivoran (Guest)Mon 29-May-06 09:47 PM

#48403, "Goodbyes."
In response to Reply #0

Most of the people I ran around with were pretty cool. Being in power so much really bored me, I'll have to say. I am not much for gear gathering, not to mention I'd lose so much gear to inactivity that it wasn't even worth it.

About my PBF comments, I'm sorry if I came across as a bad leader. I don't think I'm that terrible, but I somewhat expected people to flee when they were hurt, and was disappointed when they instead simply died.

I love CF, but, time demands are just crazy at the moment. I can't hold onto any gear, so most classes are unplayable. Warriors, etc, simply cannot function in white worm gear at hero all the time. Not to mention its a kick in the junk to pick up some nice trinkets from a corpse only to have them for the rest of that session and lose them next time you play. I don't blame CF at all, merely don't have time to play anymore. Worst of all, none of your allies or enemies know you, so its tough to really have the type of character you'd want to have. C'est la vie.

Innis, you're a cool cat. And your religion was a lot of fun to play. This was my first tattoed character in a number of years and it was a blast. I hope I didn't RP too badly. I was hoping to keep this char around for a while, at least longer than 155 hours. 30 pks is somewhat crappy for me, but, there's only so many times you can kill the lone guy who is your enemy in range.

Anyway, glad to see I got so many comments in such a short lifespan. Sorry that I disappointed certain elements, I don't really think I can put my all into characters until I come upon more free time. Until then, maybe I'll mix it up with some lowbie pk'ers, but don't expect anymore heroes from me for a while.

Have fun and keep up the good work, players and imms alike.

Death_Claw/Boldereth/Eskelian/Rastorenn/etc.

nepentheMon 29-May-06 10:19 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48404, "Pretty good character. Nice job. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #3

DC (Guest)Tue 30-May-06 09:32 PM

#48435, "Thanks man. n/t"
In response to Reply #4

n/t

Lightmaged (Guest)Tue 30-May-06 10:50 PM

#48437, "RE: Goodbyes."
In response to Reply #3

I cant recall which goodie of mine I interacted with you. Either Alidove (hyena/osprey) or Remoldezaire ( conjie), but either one I still remember having a blast hunting with you. I think I only saw you once or twice and we just meshed during those two times.

We need to have fate on our side and be in the same cabal again sometime. Every char interaction we have usually makes for some excitement.

Nice pally.

DC (Guest)Wed 31-May-06 10:32 PM

#48466, "RE: Goodbyes."
In response to Reply #6

Yeah. Both of those chars I remember, Remoldezaire particularly was probably the meanest goodie conjie I remember in a long time. You're right, was a blast hunting with you. Maybe we'll meet up in scion or something again one of these days, was fun when you were Anith and I had Deveskrius too.

InnisWed 31-May-06 11:22 AM
Member since 20th Feb 2005
106 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48452, "RE: Goodbyes."
In response to Reply #3

I had a lot of fun watching you, you kept a nice rp going even when you thought you were alone. Paladins are a difficult class to seal a kill, so never expect a high pk ratio with them. I would say overall, you were a good follower (hence the tattoo) and at time, you were an excellent follower (again, hence the tattoo). Playing time is not a big issue with me and mine...as long as they have fun.

Good luck

innis@carrionfields.com

laxerific (Guest)Wed 31-May-06 04:21 PM

#48456, "warriors can do very well with non stellar gear at hero"
In response to Reply #3

But of course your the type who fears the occasional death so I can understand your paranoia.

As for fortress leading, I understand the pain. After the first dozen times you see other fortresites do unbelievably stupid #### to get themselves killed you just let it go. I think fortress needs to boot more folk for being incompetant, I understand the whole cuddly lightwalker thing but if them fighting is only resulting in them being slaughtered the best thing to do is tell them to give up the war and make some babies that hopefully will not be as incompetant as their progenators.

Randomizer. (Guest)Wed 31-May-06 05:30 PM

#48457, "I disagree"
In response to Reply #8

I've done lotsa stupid #### to get me killed and its a learning experience. Now I consider myself a pretty competent pker, but before I joined the Fort my kill count was something close to 1 kill every 20 deaths with a warrior.

If you reject everyone who makes mistakes or is just learning how to play, CF would average about 10 people on at peak hours. I'm in favor of the cabal system because it allows idiotic newbies like me to fight beside some experienced players, and have them give tips on how to compete, fight better, and get better gear. *shrug*

Now I consider myself a decent pker. While mediocre, I won't be effectively disabled for 10 minutes real time because I don't know where to find a healer to cure blindness, I know how to avoid bashing villager apps at low levels, and have enough of Thera memorized that I can run the hell away when I need to.

Cabal wars are one of the better game mechanics, in my opinion. They provide player interaction, goals, challenges, and rewards, all in an IC manner.

DC (Guest)Wed 31-May-06 10:31 PM

#48465, "I don't think they would do horribly."
In response to Reply #8

But when I play characters, while I do not always succeed, I strive to be beyond mediocre. Having con-died my last hero, I don't really fear deaths.

That being said, I know something that is more trouble than its worth. See, I mention warriors as 'gear dependant' because of two things : One, with no gear they aren't as good as some classes are with equivalent gear (druids, shifters and paladins come to mind) and Two, they can typically take better advantage of great gear than many other classes can. Its not an insult or anything, just how I view the class. Most melee classes are like this, in my eyes at least. So to me, being the mathematical type of guy that I (think) I am, I feel like it would be a waste of potential to play a class not up to what it is capable of.

Anyway, not looking for a huge debate, but I'll be back when my time clears up a bit. I'm not having some dramatic walk away or anything, but as evidenced by the fact that no one knows who this char was, you can see the hero levels aren't really the same when you can only put in 2 hours a week.

When I do come back I'm itching to roll up a conjurer, or an invoker. We'll see. Catch you guys in a few months.

Erivoran (Guest)Thu 25-May-06 08:38 AM

#48321, "God damnit."
In response to Reply #0

I just started a new job and haven't been able to play, I was going to log in this weekend. Missed it by 2 days. God, friggin damnit.

Ulzammon (Guest)Thu 25-May-06 01:35 PM

#48327, "Liked you but hated the bads odds. Good luck with your..."
In response to Reply #1

NT

DC (Guest)Wed 31-May-06 10:34 PM

#48467, "You were cool."
In response to Reply #2

I always felt kinda like I outgunned you though. Your forms weren't great against a paladin. Still you had something I haven't seen in a long time...zeal. So, much respect. Maybe one of these days we'll wind up on the same side.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #48316 Previous topic | Next topic