Subject: "(DEL) Macrasieil the Hand of An Immortal" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4826
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 21-Feb-02 11:58 AM
Member since 07th May 2024
16833 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4826, "(DEL) Macrasieil the Hand of An Immortal"

Thu Feb 21 11:56:42 2002

10 o''clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Heat on the Theran calendar Macrasieil perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shaman
Level:47
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SYLVAN, the Sylvan Warders
Hours:109
PK Ratio:42% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Well, bye, Oddjob, 21-Feb-02 12:00 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Well, bye, Yodinfrid (Guest), 21-Feb-02 06:23 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Well, bye, Boy Scout (Guest), 21-Feb-02 06:44 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Well, bye, Oddjob, 21-Feb-02 09:34 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Well, bye, Shinomori (Guest), 22-Feb-02 01:59 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Well, bye, Oddjob, 22-Feb-02 02:40 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Well, bye, Galjana (Guest), 22-Feb-02 07:30 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Well, bye, Oddjob, 23-Feb-02 10:25 AM, #8

OddjobThu 21-Feb-02 12:00 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
345 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#4827, "Well, bye"
In response to Reply #0

"When the horse is dead, get off!" is what my old Jr. High teacher and football coach used to say to us all the time, and Mac has been dead a while. Dead in my mind therefore dead to everyone else. I started this char for a variety of reasons. 1: the Drucyrus lgs made me want a shaman to play witch, id never played one. 2. Shamans were now alowed into sylvan and I always though the RP of a zealot fit well with their RP. 3: I had told Thror I wanted to play a follower of his and it was time to make due on that.

I came very close to heroing but its hard sometimes to rank a shaman as they have little to provide by way of fighting mobs and at that rank I couldnt tank ranking mobs usefully. And from what I hear the grove could use me right now but I am on to other things and my time doesnt allow for 2 (serious) characters. I learned how to play a shaman and more importantly how to get away from a shaman. Other then that I always felt slightly detached from this character. I had fun with it but I never "became" the char. Its not normal for me to be in a cabal and not want to interview and things and I had no desire to with Mac. Some reason for that was that I didnt have the normal view of warders and their goals. I took my sphere purity and turned it into a warder. Her sphere came first and foremost. To purify the wilds and return them to their natural state and seeking inner purity the whole time.

I am going to try not to bring up ooc things to much but I want it to be said I had nothing to do with any sylvan cheating of any kind. I did not go, as I have never gone, into Hell or was involved in any hell planning. Most of sylvan knew each other on AIM and there were a few chatrooms of us but that did more damage to the cabal in my eyes then good. We tried to keep everything professional IC though.

Galjana: Probably the person I spent more time with then anyone and for one very very simple reason. I had no clue who was playing you. Everyone, and I mean everyone else in warders I knew their player on AIM and you cant imagine how much luster that takes from the game. I like to know I am surrounded my competant people but it went to far I think. You were competant, knowledgable and we seemed to work well together.

Manecit: Spent a fair amount of time with you as well but our ranking never seemed to jive. We just couldnt get the groove, not quite sure why. Pk wise we had some fun. You deserved the promotion you got, or at least that I heard you got.

Priolith: I like your player but sorry man, I just thought Prio was to pushy for my taste. My character was also a kind of domineering sort and didnt like taking orders from anyone. You did however build that cabal up into the stratosphere any way you could, nice work. I never agreed with the warlock war as a player but as a character I suppose Mac did. Just hard to one day have a war declared out of the blue on people who had been your ranking buddies.

Loranessa: I sort of came to meet you rather late in life and it was brief. You asked me to come around more often and I could almsot sence that the warder numbers were dwindling. Deep down I knew I wouldnt be back, so I gave you my hammer pendant and left. I havent logged on since but to delete. I just cant keep riding a dead horse.

Boldereth: I am a huge druid fan as most people I am sure know. WHen I met you IC and saw that you were somewhat competant with then and apparently improving each time we met, you endeared yourself to me as a player, but Mac hated that H- in front of your name. She was biased against impure bloodlines but tolerated fellow warders. I tried to emeinate this IC but was hard to hide that I really liked being with ya. WHen I met you ooc I was happy to know you and tried to help you with druids as much as I could.

Sahannara: Did you ever speak? You were not there one day and a sylvan hero the next. *shrug*

Trofjel: You were kind of cool and I wish id spoken with you more.

Orophin: You were pretty cool but we never seemed to run with each other all to much. You were usually below me in rank I think.

Yodinfrid: I had alot of fun with you and telling Priolith to press you about your warcry. I didnt find it appropriate for a warder and I still dont. Oh well, I wanted you to be a warder though and it turned out it happened.

Saldradien: I knew you as a mort with Kribli and you still kick ass. No matter what the imms tell you to do, do it. Dont become another Heroimm disapearing act. Sorry I failed you on the fertilizer quest. You said the entire grove had to take part or it wouldnt work. Getting people to give a ##### about it was like pulling alligator teeth and that was infuriating. I am not their mother and shouldnt have to get on them just to send in a note with a couple ideas. People bitch about lack of immteraction then blow off a quest. *shrug*

Jug: Didnt know you much with Kribli or Mac everyone else digs ya alot though.

Vortalscon: you were pretty cool for a Half breed *wink*

Caecia: You are an idiot but you try very hard, and I admire that. I to am a very seasoned CF idiot, but I like to think I try hard. The scene where you rescued Priolith from the executioner will always live in my fondest CF memories. Next to Prios poem about it which actually did the moment justice. Jeez im laughing just thinking of it. Thank you

Thror: SOrry man. I told you flat out that I would not approach you for a tattoo untill I felt I was worthy of it, and that was hero. I imposed that on myself and failed to meet it. If you knew my characters you would see that they all die in the 40s as I lose interest. WHen I lose interest I CANNOT trudge on. What interaction we had was cool though I could have saught you out for more, that is my own fault. You were my fastest empowerment yet so congrats! (I wont say how long it took). Id like it if you would maybe tell me any thing you happened to see from me if I was on the right track with your religion or not. Wouldnt be surprised if I was WAY off base. But I tried to let everyone around me know I was a Throrbie first, and a warder second. I had a bad taste for your character from a incident a long time ago and just playing the religion showed me another side of you even without us speaking alot. I heard a rumor that someone was sent by you to find "the warder who seeks purity" and someone came knocking at the grove looking for me. Im sorry I missed them if this is true. If it is, know that it is a good feeling to see gods are sending people your way to speak with. If its not true, oh well it lit a small fire under my ass either way.

Seb and Uller: M.I.A. as usual. I think I saw you both vis once and walked into the room at the grove, and was promplty told to leave the room. There were promotions being handed down and apparently it would be a bad thing for the gods of a cabal to be actually "seen", god forbid spoken with. I was low level at the time and didnt press the issue. One thing though: Would you PLEASE for the love of god change the "Warder Lieutenant/Warder Captain" titles to something a bit more appropriate? I dont know, call em the Silverbacks or Alpha Wolves or something. It just eminates a organised army mentality which is SO contrary to what sylvan is all about. I think Flontinot said it best when he responded to "hello captain" with: "Dont call me that!" "Call me Pookie!" He was right. Pookie is better then warder captain IMHO.

Now, keeping true to form I have to put in my little bitch and moan! *Cheer*

The #1 thing that killed this character for me was the patrols. No less then 5 high ranked warder players have told me they HATE the patrols. I have a brain, please allow me to use it thank you. I dont have any clue whos idea it was but it sucks. Towards the end all I wanted to do was hero and get mroe involved with thror but I first had to raid every cabal we had declared war on when I logged on, then I had to go walk a patrol untill a retrieval attempt came (usually 5 minutes), then I had to go raid again as I was doing what I was told. Ranking was nearly impossible and its all I wanted to do. They are to organised for warders, and take the fun facter down to zero. I see where we were going with them as some chars may have gotten lazy but no reason to turn us all into robots over it. The ranks were getting overly fat and there needed to be a reason to do some trimming of dead weight but when I logged on to see this note of a "specific" path I had to walk over and over that I was already doing for the most part on my own really was a turning point for me, as well as others. Please if this was a mortal idea, kill it.

POSTER'S DISCLAIMER: "Of course....I don't play anymore, but its just my 2 cents."

Yodinfrid (Guest)Thu 21-Feb-02 06:23 PM

#4834, "RE: Well, bye"
In response to Reply #1

I made Yod along time ago, Was taking a little time to practice in the late night ECT. to get those skills up for my journy to sylvan. When I warcry'd for the first time I was just thinking of something stupid to yell, phrase was "For king and country!", which It was late at night when I got warcry and I was just thinking of something that I could warcry while I practiced to give me a bit of a laugh at 3 in the morning. Anyway, Enjoyed your char, but it was kinda bastardish to talk my way out of that. =P

be well, and good luck on your next char fella.
-Yodinfrid-

Boy Scout (Guest)Thu 21-Feb-02 06:44 PM

#4832, "RE: Well, bye"
In response to Reply #1

I think we both knew this was coming. You were a good warder, and it made me laugh when people said that you never logged in (albeit this was over a month ago) because I knew you were on pretty much daily, just opposite hours of most of the sylvans. We had some good times and bad, bad generally was just us needing to learn from a mistake or two, and good being...good. I enjoyed the interactions we had, but I know what you mean to an extent about knowing who plays who..the problem is, this doesn't stop at aim. Some players are transparent, and the chatrings out there don't make things better, however interesting they actually are.

Good luck with what you're on.

"What you need is a good lowbie ranger to learn pk with. When he distents too far, delete and do it again. After the second or third one, some people will hate you, but you'll know how people react in pk situations."

-Boy Scout
CFa

OddjobThu 21-Feb-02 09:34 PM
345 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#4833, "RE: Well, bye"
In response to Reply #3

>I think we both knew this was coming. You were a good
>warder, and it made me laugh when people said that you never
>logged in (albeit this was over a month ago) because I knew
>you were on pretty much daily, just opposite hours of most
>of the sylvans.

Yep I was around every single day actually but being a Chef tends to lend some rather odd hours to my day. MOrnings often and late night.

We had some good times and bad, bad
>generally was just us needing to learn from a mistake or
>two, and good being...good. I enjoyed the interactions we
>had, but I know what you mean to an extent about knowing who
>plays who..the problem is, this doesn't stop at aim. Some
>players are transparent, and the chatrings out there don't
>make things better, however interesting they actually are.

I can think of maybe 3 players who are transparent, at least to me. But knowing everyone ooc was difficult and more troubel then it was worth. I would try to interact with people in a IC way a little off the cuff and could almost feel them staring at their monitor like "What then hell is he doing?". Also it tends to bleed over and when you look at a character you just see Billyjo478 (example) from aim, and not a storm giant warrior with an eye patch, poor temperament, and a love of juniper berries. (also example)

>Good luck with what you're on.

>
>"What you need is a good lowbie ranger to learn pk with.
>When he distents too far, delete and do it again. After the
>second or third one, some people will hate you, but you'll
>know how people react in pk situations."

I think I do as well as I want to in pk situations. Pk isnt to important to me. I am rather surprised my ratio was that good. As Faelmort posted once, Shamans are now one of the hardest classes to pk with as people know how to handle them. I had a lot of trouble with it.

POSTER'S DISCLAIMER: "Of course....I don't play anymore, but its just my 2 cents."

Shinomori (Guest)Fri 22-Feb-02 01:59 AM

#4830, "RE: Well, bye"
In response to Reply #1

Sad to see you go, but atleast you beat me at the brawling room. It was fun interacting with you. well see you around

OddjobFri 22-Feb-02 02:40 AM
345 posts
#4831, "RE: Well, bye"
In response to Reply #5

Crap.

I cannot believe I forgot to mention you. Sorry man. I always liked talking friendly trash to you. You whooped me fierce when I was young and I knew later on toe to toe I would tear you up. As I remember I just spammed damnation just to be a sport and to see how bad it could mess you up. You still ended up fleeing.

Good to see you still around.

Big Mac

Galjana (Guest)Fri 22-Feb-02 07:30 PM

#4828, "RE: Well, bye"
In response to Reply #1

Well, if it makes you feel any better.. I had no idea who you were either. I left for the same reasons, well I guess I autodeleted at some point but it never showed up here. Just as well tho, Gal was my first attempt at a warrior in like 5 years. The two main things that killed this char were all those fucking fires, and the patrols. I don't know who's bright fucking idea it was, but starting all the fires just sucked the fun out of playin a sylvan. Because of that, I'll never play a sylvan again. The patrols were just a joke, it's like advertising come kill me. This was probably one of my worst chars in awhile, and definitely the least enjoyable. Well, good job with Mac. I always looked for you as soon as I logged on so we could do some travelling. Good luck with the current char.

Gal

OddjobSat 23-Feb-02 10:25 AM
345 posts
#4829, "RE: Well, bye"
In response to Reply #7

Drop me a line?
andywalsh1@hotmail.com

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4826 Previous topic | Next topic