Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Haraen the Initiate of the Macalla, Be..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #48137
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 17-May-06 01:19 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48137, "(DELETED) [None] Haraen the Initiate of the Macalla, Betrayer of Order"

Mon May 15 14:34:55 2006

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Haraen perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:44
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:130

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Meh, question for the imms:, shamanman, 18-May-06 06:13 PM, #14
Reply RE: Meh, question for the imms:, nepenthe, 19-May-06 01:42 PM, #16
Reply My thoughts on this char are rather numb. Post and I'll..., shamanman, 15-May-06 07:14 PM, #1
     Reply RE: My thoughts on this char are rather numb. Post and ..., Torrth (Guest), 15-May-06 08:25 PM, #2
     Reply The story:, shamanman, 15-May-06 08:45 PM, #3
     Reply That was a cool Character., Jonathar (Guest), 16-May-06 12:47 PM, #6
     Reply RE: My thoughts on this char are rather numb. Post and ..., Caroolth (Guest), 16-May-06 08:06 AM, #4
          Reply The problem was. He was outted because of a typo., Jonathar (Guest), 16-May-06 12:43 PM, #5
               Reply RE: The problem was. He was outted because of a typo., That Player (Guest), 17-May-06 10:55 AM, #8
                    Reply Knee Emperor comes to mind nt, Chokiare (Guest), 17-May-06 07:23 PM, #10
                    Reply My understanding of it was this., Jonathar. (Guest), 18-May-06 04:44 PM, #11
                         Reply It looked like this: txt, shamanman, 18-May-06 05:32 PM, #12
                         Reply YAE of why to write down your role., Aiekooso, 18-May-06 05:35 PM, #13
                              Reply I take it you mean..., Jonathar (Guest), 19-May-06 01:33 PM, #15
     Reply For what its worth, Chokiare (Guest), 16-May-06 09:33 PM, #7
     Reply That was BS what that assassin did to you., Jonathar (Guest), 15-May-06 07:51 PM, #9

shamanmanThu 18-May-06 06:13 PM
Member since 05th Jul 2004
244 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#48212, "Meh, question for the imms:"
In response to Reply #0

As per my PBF: I did not just do shady things with Cabdru, I did it with many other people though Cabdru's episode was the last. Also, why I was I COMPLETELY stripped of my specs/legacies when as soon as I was uninducted I made it clear that I was not a betrayer of Order outlined in my role and prayed about it a few times? To me it just seems a bit steep to someone who rolled a risque character.

nepentheFri 19-May-06 01:42 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48222, "RE: Meh, question for the imms:"
In response to Reply #14

Disclaimer: I wasn't involved with making that call.

My gut feeling is that even a basic role would have helped you out a lot here. Roles aren't required to play the game; however, I strongly recommend them for any character who is likely to be caught doing something archetypally wrong for what their character is.

shamanmanMon 15-May-06 07:14 PM
244 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#48138, "My thoughts on this char are rather numb. Post and I'll..."
In response to Reply #0

I'd especially like to hear immortal opinion on how this corrupt trib did. I understand that I did not have a role untila fter undinduction/spec/legacy strip but that still seemed a bit steep to me. I thought I did the corrupt thing pretty well. Oh well.

Torrth (Guest)Mon 15-May-06 08:25 PM

#48140, "RE: My thoughts on this char are rather numb. Post and ..."
In response to Reply #1

From posts on Dio's and just in general what I've picked up, I've got some idea what happened... but not the whole story. I can definitely see why you wouldn't want to say, but if it's okay, what exactly happened?

I never saw you on duty, but I do think that there should be less immortal involvement in the tribunal cabal; if you can play a corrupt trib and not get caught, then it seems to me you should be able to do just that. But, well, what do I know? I've never played a tribunal, I really can't comment.

Anyway, I hope you have a better time with whatever you do next.

shamanmanMon 15-May-06 08:45 PM
244 posts
#48142, "The story:"
In response to Reply #2

Alright, so I was a corrupt bastard. I never actually wrongly warranted someone, couldnt stand to ruin a char like that. But what I did do was remove warrants for trades/gold. Step out of town if someone slipped me something I wanted, Played dumb a few times when there were witnesses ..and one time I was struck one room from hamsah, drove them into hamsah and called it a crime(I felt bad about that, never did it again). Then the first kicker was a certain trib left some weapons in the spire that he wanted to save. I walked in and picked them up. Stupidly I didnt realize what weapons they were, and offered Ferrsaan one. The trib questioned where his weapons were, I denied it and Ferrsaan ratted me out..hard. I somehow saved myself from demotion and called it off as a mistake. About a day later, same trib was walking through Voralian and I offered an outtie to give me some incentive to let him slay the trib, telling him the location and everything. Sadly, I yelled it instead of telled it. A few days later, I accidently bashed a groupmate of mine when hunting a criminal..he never said anything, I never said anything. Nevertheless, undinduction and completely stripped of legacies/specs/betrayer flag(I think) after a cool little echo. I really want to hear Grurk's opinion on all this because he gave me a cool peptalk an IRL hour before. saying that he saw my corruptness and had seen my mistake. He said that I was going to follow in his footsteps etc. After I got stripped down though, I prayed for about four days and then deleted. What really hurt was within five hours of deleting, grurk was vissy .

Jonathar (Guest)Tue 16-May-06 12:47 PM

#48152, "That was a cool Character."
In response to Reply #3

And you mirrored what I was going to do.

Caroolth (Guest)Tue 16-May-06 08:06 AM

#48147, "RE: My thoughts on this char are rather numb. Post and ..."
In response to Reply #2

If there were less IMM involvement, then they would never ever get caught. The Provost doesn't have any more means than any other character not directly involved in the exchange of knowing that something happened, or of being able to track things when he's not logged in. Heck, he can't even see if someone removed a flag at all.

Jonathar (Guest)Tue 16-May-06 12:43 PM

#48151, "The problem was. He was outted because of a typo."
In response to Reply #4

I personally feel like that was an exploitation on the part of the person he was trying to betray.

In the beginning, I was going to make some stuff up to try to discredit Haeren, but he was just a kick assed Duergar. I've never said that before about Duergar players. I generally think they are a cheesy race, but he played a Duergar like I felt they should have been played. We ended up conspiring with one another on how to undermine a couple Goodies in the game and it was fun.

At any rate, I think that other player should have IC over looked it, even if OOC he was pissed. He could have at least IC worked against him.

Anyway, I imagine I am missing a part of the whole picture but oh well.

That Player (Guest)Wed 17-May-06 10:55 AM

#48185, "RE: The problem was. He was outted because of a typo."
In response to Reply #5

There are no typos IC. If I would have ignored it, it would have been bad RP. Would a goodie cabal mate who had been burned by this duergar once before over look same duergar shouting to the outlander to do as he wished because he didn't like me? Get real.

Chokiare (Guest)Wed 17-May-06 07:23 PM

#48195, "Knee Emperor comes to mind nt"
In response to Reply #8

f

Jonathar. (Guest)Thu 18-May-06 04:44 PM

#48206, "My understanding of it was this."
In response to Reply #8

Haeran yells 'tell aer Such-and such is over here.'

That's paraphrased of course, but it's an obvious OOC issue.

I think the better player would not have acted overtly on it as you did. I would have kept it in mind and act in other ways perhaps. But if this is what happened, I stand my my statment that what you did was in poor form.

The Kneeing the Emperor thing was a classic. But there wasn't a typo clearly showing on the screen. It would look like a deliberate act and could be acted upon.

I think you should have over looked this or at least dealt with it differently.

shamanmanThu 18-May-06 05:32 PM
244 posts
#48208, "It looked like this: txt"
In response to Reply #11

My command was supposed to be:

Tell <outlander> <Tribbie> is padding behind you, I dont much like him feel free to do what you will, I'll leave the city.

It appeared like: yell (t and y are right next to each other) aeria <Tribbie> is padding behind you, I dont much like him feel free to do what you will, I'll leave the city.

Tribbie saw:

Haraen yells 'aeria <tribbie> is padding behind yeh, I don much be likin 'em, do wit him what yeh want en I'll leave deh city.

AiekoosoThu 18-May-06 05:35 PM
Member since 18th Dec 2003
305 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48209, "YAE of why to write down your role."
In response to Reply #11

If he had a role, I bet this wouldn't have happened.

Jonathar (Guest)Fri 19-May-06 01:33 PM

#48221, "I take it you mean..."
In response to Reply #13

You think the Imms wouldn't ave done that, no that an angry player would exploit an OOC happenstance.

I may have missed it, but where is it posted he didn't have a role? Where is your assurance that it wouldn't?

I think the situation is such that since it was reported, it was going to be acted on in the way it was. My opinion is such that I think it shouldn't have been reported.

I was so upset in game over this I was cussing out Haeren telling him to 'Shut is farkin' cake-hole' and deny every thing. I was prepared to lie right along ith him.

Where Haeran didn't go wrong is that he didn't shut his farkin' cake-hole! hehe.

I don't think Shamanman cares for who I am irl, but what happeed to haeran just puts a ad taste in my mouth. I do hope some good can come from it though. By that I mean a higher standard for RP.

Chokiare (Guest)Tue 16-May-06 09:33 PM

#48174, "For what its worth"
In response to Reply #1

I always enjoyed our fights, and enjoyed that you just kept coming back over and over and over, even if bested. You didn't lick your wounds, you slapped them for a minute and then picked up your swords. GL on your next.

Jonathar (Guest)Wed 17-May-06 01:19 PM

#48139, "That was BS what that assassin did to you."
In response to Reply #1

It was an exploit of an OOC mishap. Personally I think he should have had his kicks removed for that crap.

I liked you, I thought we had a really good Duergar senergy going there.

Good job and see you around.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #48137 Previous topic | Next topic