Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Xzarg Zoglov the Chieftain of the Grin..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #48132
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 14-May-06 11:32 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48132, "(DELETED) [None] Xzarg Zoglov the Chieftain of the Grinning Skulls"

Sun May 14 11:31:03 2006

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Xzarg perished, never to return.

Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:206

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Xzarg Zoglov the Chieftain of the ..., bryntor1 (Guest), 16-May-06 09:21 AM, #3
Reply Respect, Xzarg (Guest), 16-May-06 05:08 PM, #8
Reply Get bored?, Corrlaan, 14-May-06 01:31 PM, #1
     Reply This will be long, Xzarg (Guest), 16-May-06 04:57 AM, #2
          Reply So long Orcsie, Ysaloerye, 16-May-06 10:13 AM, #4
          Reply Nice, Xzarg (Guest), 16-May-06 04:54 PM, #6
               Reply Just for you, Ysaloerye, 16-May-06 09:31 PM, #11
          Reply Hah! I guessed it was you!, DurNominator, 16-May-06 12:02 PM, #5
          Reply The loving of the Orc, Xzarg (Guest), 16-May-06 05:06 PM, #7
          Reply Nice one, Lightmaged (Guest), 16-May-06 07:24 PM, #9
          Reply Thanks, Xzarg (Guest), 16-May-06 09:55 PM, #12
          Reply Hmmm..., Alyssia (Guest), 16-May-06 07:46 PM, #10
          Reply Druids vs Orcs, Xzarg (Guest), 16-May-06 10:03 PM, #13
               Reply RE: Druids vs Orcs, Alyssia (Guest), 17-May-06 03:49 AM, #14
          Reply Xzarg, Thrak (Guest), 17-May-06 05:02 PM, #15
               Reply RE: Xzarg, Haggler, 17-May-06 08:00 PM, #16

bryntor1 (Guest)Tue 16-May-06 09:21 AM

#48148, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Xzarg Zoglov the Chieftain of the ..."
In response to Reply #0

if you where only a bit younger you could have hunted me more. I was very happy to see you leave my pk. Good luck and have fun.

Xzarg (Guest)Tue 16-May-06 05:08 PM

#48161, "Respect"
In response to Reply #3

1> You took a damn long hard road that made my life look easy
2> You stuck it out, I don't know you real well but I know you wouldn't go away no matter how much you got beat on.

Solid Playing in my opinion

CorrlaanSun 14-May-06 01:31 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2005
195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48133, "Get bored?"
In response to Reply #0

How did you like it? Just curious. From what I saw you knew a lot about how to fight with orcs..even though you get the big Orc target painted on your back.

Corrlaan followers are NICE. With a capital NICE!

Xzarg (Guest)Tue 16-May-06 04:57 AM

#48145, "This will be long"
In response to Reply #1

I just have a lot to say

Reasons I deleted:
Lonely and bored. I ran out of things I wanted to do with Xzarg even if some of them never happened because of my choices. I could gather plenty of prep and be picky about fights, run, hide, I can keep the character alive on the throne and kill someone now and then but I learned so much from the mistakes I made that I could do it all over again so much stronger, I didn't even practice some skills that would have given me extreme edges against plenty of people. I did so much that I just feel like the character is done, I stopped contributing much to the game a while ago and I have to let him go if not just to let someone else make their way to the throne. The past while I logged in just to pick any fights I could, with whatever gear I grabbed and tha was fun for a little, but i'm out.

I did more than I ever set out to do and had a lot of fun doing it. I got to see a much better picture of what an orc can do in a hundred situations. This isnt' my first orc or cheif I've run but everytime I run one I learn so much more about things or I learn that what I thought was wrong that I wonder how much any player really understands how orcs work and I guarantee that if its done just right an orc can do so much more than anyones seen.
One thing that hurt was the fact that I'd never be an orc cheif with even a couple hero ranked orcs that hung around to run together. I had so much fun running with Trelant alone that I considered just outliving him, the day I took the throne I was waiting to catch him unghost without a horde but he lost his will. Then I was alone until more orcs entered the hero range, we had good times and bad times until they saw their chance to take the throne. I lost it and took it right back, then they pretty much stopped playing; likely to outlive me. Orcs roleplay and design makes perfect sense that way it is but it will keep every orc hero ranges battling eachother, even if you have your good times they can and will turn against you for the throne for all the right reasons. I really wanted to run around at hero range with a few orcs. Squelching is quite an interesting touch, and can do a lot if you learn how it actualy works but its another great reason to kill the cheif.
So I failed to have my hero orc army and I failed keeping peace with the village; I tried hard, I did want it pretty bad, but no matter what you did or said an orc would raid the village or fight a rager, or a rager would attack ; ic I was flat out told that they did it because they were a goodie but ragers are supposed to see past aligns for what they beleive is good and bad. Even with village elders and commanders ordering peace it could not hold. Orcs aren't designed to get along with anyone at all, not even eachother. I know I died a dozen times just because I lacked a simple potion but I just didn't feel like spending the time to keep prepped, it takes a lot of time to keep a high level orc prepped decently for me and it took away some of the fun. A well prepped orc doesn't have many good reasons to die but an unprepped orc can still amaze when things are done just right, no matter how prepared you are against them. An orc with a warbanner isn't handled well by anyone. I've never been the strongest roleplayer but I tried hard with something I thought was original, for a long time, and when I didn't think it was possible for me to do again Thrakburzug tatted me and interacted some more; That made me feel pretty damn good, thanks for everything you did Thrak.

I'm not going into too many direct goodbyes but here's some
Ysal: You were the best character I knew, flat out. You inspired e to play better with gameplay and roleplay.
Trelant: You seemed to know nothing sometimes and seemed to know more than me at others, I learned a little watching you and I have mad respect for you, thanks for being around
Imms: Great job on the class, you put so much into the orc just to get people to play them.. Some of us recognize how hard you worked and how great the class is.
Orcs in general: Most of you were there at a young age, plenty of you were solid and made me beleive you were going to sit on the throne well before me. orcs fight great alongside eachother but as far as they are written as a cheif nobody has a good reason to obey or respect the cheif.

Okay I don't have anymore goodbyes.

Zheesus
For anyone that remembers my accident and cares I ended up ok, it took a long time but they put me back together.

YsaloeryeTue 16-May-06 10:13 AM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#48149, "So long Orcsie"
In response to Reply #2

Well you walked a thin line with big smelly feet. Keeping the peace between the two villages was a tough nut to crack. Ysal knew it wasn't the fight battle should be looking for, but like you said just when we had managed to weave some tenuous peace some orc would join up with the scions and gank down a villager or raid, or some goodie villager would steamroll and orc.

Anyway, well played all round. Great orcish RP, bully/braggart when you needed to, cunning, manipulative and all the rest. I would always wince when I saw the fort horde together heading east out of Volaria, or when I saw you get deposed, and cheered when you would sieze back the throne or trample down some goodie with your horde.

Glad to hear you are on the mend too.

Xzarg (Guest)Tue 16-May-06 04:54 PM

#48155, "Nice"
In response to Reply #4

I loved your character, you played hard and well, you roleplayed well with every word you said and emotion you dropped. Interacting with your character inspired me to work harder at my roleplaying and playing. Knowing that I won some spot in your heart was almost as satisfying as being tatted by the thrak. And it was all fun.
Anyway, I remember when I struck you, after being told you were a forty, thinking I was going to roll over you. When you opened up that bag of whoop ass it made me to persue the peace beetween the villages.

All in all you completely rocked and it wasn't even a fraction of your fault that some people persued the traditional good vs evil or plain "Kill Orcs!" attitude over top of what I thought I knew of battlerager roleplay; I always understood ragers as a group that replaced good and evil with magic or no magic. The game was designed to hate orcs. An orc shouldn't be assumed an enemy of the village, they are an evil warrior. It flopped both ways because most orcs will choose to side with cabals that are quick to rank them and go hunting/gearing with them while peace with the village is more of....just an understanding that you don't have a reason to spill eachothers blood if you keep it that way.

Zhees

YsaloeryeTue 16-May-06 09:31 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#48173, "Just for you"
In response to Reply #6

Unfortunately I didn't log the original scrap or the conversation just after, but this one was after Trelant had usurped you. Enjoy:

Xzarg tells you 'I take throne soon as find trelant.'

Xzarg tells you 'I put village behind village, not agains'

You tell Xzarg 'Yar good fer yer orcie good fer yer.'

Xzarg tells you 'I didn hide behin scion er imperials ta have elp takin throne fast'

Xzarg tells you 'Wanter yers ferget me mistakin yer for fort'

You tell Xzarg 'Aye yer a big smelly bastid but bygones be bygones.'

Xzarg tells you 'Ah know you don' battle many fort but I kept me hide fer long time livin way I does'

You tell Xzarg 'By tha Maiden's shiney teets! Besides yer be tha yin that ended up wid a dwarven bootprint up yer arse.'

Xzarg tells you 'Har'

Xzarg tells you 'Yer a real villger'

DurNominatorTue 16-May-06 12:00 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48150, "Hah! I guessed it was you!"
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Tue 16-May-06 12:02 PM

From the race/class combo and success of sticking out there long and being chief. You are the orc-lover of CF. Pretty good orc if you ask me.

Dur aka Gohum & Ghak.

Xzarg (Guest)Tue 16-May-06 05:06 PM

#48160, "The loving of the Orc"
In response to Reply #5

The orc was always fun to play and the secret to about any of my success came from learning what the orc skills actually did, thoroughly. Each time I ran an orc and tried to work out what the skills really did I found new things. I still have plenty to learn about certain orc skills and if you took my knowledge of the class and combined the art and patience of prepping, roleplaying and getting out of bad fights than you would have a new orc imm.

Lightmaged (Guest)Tue 16-May-06 07:24 PM

#48164, "Nice one"
In response to Reply #2

Fought with a few of my chars. Alidove (shifter), ####...I dont even remember names anymore...anyhow...nice orc. Taught me some neat tricks and places to hide in the village. Especially when you got away from Alidove so many times in that place you go to. Once I figured that one out I was a bit better to chase.

Man orcs are WEAK!!! Turn all that ZHees power to something else, and you will be clearing the ranges. ( I didnt mean that as an insult to you...its the damn CLass)

Take care

Xzarg (Guest)Tue 16-May-06 09:55 PM

#48175, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #9

I can run some other classes pretty damn mean , easily , like a shapeshifter, goodie conjurer or even a warrior or empower but I have more fun playing orcs I was addicted before they gave me an adaptation.
The roleplay doesn't ever have to be complicated to be solid and accepted by everyone, the skillset is the least understood, most underestimated and so versatile....and original....and fun...Hp recovery is outstanding until you are out of con....its a lot of these little things like the resources to reoutfit so quickly and strong......I'll dab into some other classes even though I likely will struggle with what I choose....

Good Looking Out For Me
But you'll see another Zorc after a while

Alyssia (Guest)Tue 16-May-06 07:46 PM

#48165, "Hmmm..."
In response to Reply #2

Orc life sounds somewhat lacking of direction. Sorry I ran from you more often than not, but I really liked the idea of Alyssia being afraid of you. If I'd known it was hard to keep interest in playing an Orc.. I'm not sure how I would have reacted. Regardless, you did a great job. There aren't many Orcs, you certainly make a good one.

Xzarg (Guest)Tue 16-May-06 10:03 PM

#48176, "Druids vs Orcs"
In response to Reply #10

When I got to smack up on you and send you running for your life it felt sooo good; we know what happens when things go your way and I fight on your terms (like when my dumbass raided sylvan during the full moon). You played damn strong and I often panicked, like the time I tried to run away from you and nearly killed you by berserking into you trying to get past you.

Good job and good luck

Alyssia (Guest)Wed 17-May-06 03:49 AM

#48180, "RE: Druids vs Orcs"
In response to Reply #13

Hah! I think you're thinking of someone else. I was an Elven warrior. You beat me up one time pretty badly. Killed me. Then we fought a second time, and I think I was winning, but I ran away from you anyway. I liked my character being afraid of you, made me feel like I was the character instead of an opportunist. I think the difference between the two fights was you taunted, or whatever it is that orcs do, me the first time. That took my morale down a LOT.

Thrak (Guest)Wed 17-May-06 05:02 PM

#48192, "Xzarg"
In response to Reply #2

Overall I thought you were one of the better orcs I have seen. I liked the RP and I could see you growing with the skill set over time. I was slightly frustrated because I could see what you wanted to do with the chief role and knew it wasn't going to work, not because you weren't doing your best, but more because we don't have the playerbase to make orcs work that way.

I do want to echo a few things you mentioned. Orcs have a ready made roleplay that works really well in terms of roleplay. Unfortunately, it ends up completely screwing them in terms of gameplay sometimes. It's easy to conceptualize a backstabbing bastard who will jump his groupmate when they get wounded or who will ambush his chief to become chief. However, it makes it hard to find allies when you do need them. Consequently orcs end up making a few friends who they don't stab in the back and then their roleplay gets more stale. Finding that balance between the two is really hard and ends up taking several orcs to realize who you need to have on your side and who you don't and then you end up crafting your role around that and hoping that decent players emerge to play the slots you need them to. I think Xzarg did a better job of balancing this than a lot of orcs I have seen recently.

Because of the ready made roleplay, I find that lowbie orcs and for the most part high level orcs tend to have stellar roleplay. Personally I don't think there is any problem with playing an archtype for a race and orcs do it really well. Frankly I would love to see more races try to play this, but with the exception of dwarves, most of them end up looking like humans in a funny suit to me. With orcs, they tend to look like orcs and I think that people around them tend to see them as orcs. Thus, I encourage anyone who is in a rut to play an orc. It tends to refresh your roleplay and we need the warm bodies.

As with any chief, I would invite you to email me any suggestions you have for the class or the chief that you think will contribute.

HagglerWed 17-May-06 08:00 PM
Member since 30th Jun 2005
110 posts
#48196, "RE: Xzarg"
In response to Reply #15

I'm not he and he's not me, but I think that the chieftain doesn't have nearly enough control over the clan as he should. Alot of that has to do with game restrictions. For instance, a low orc should ALWAYS give things to a high orc because otherwise the high orc will kick his face in and take them. PK restrictions bar that and so a bad RP can end up being "No, chief, these are mine. GFY!" Really, the chief doesn't have much to do about that. In a orc-cabal, the chief could boot people. Ultimately this would require multiple clans, which never got implented, almost surely because of the lack of orc playerbase. You don't want to live in line with the clan, I'm going to kick your butt out.

During Xzarg time I did see one thief "slave to thrakburz" and one orc "betrayer of the clan" in addition to the turn-to-light guy. The sad thing is, an immortal has to be there to back the chief for anything clan-cool like that to happen. I don't know the solution right now, but maybe Xzarg has some ideas. I'll rack my brain when I have some time and see what I can come up with that wouldn't give chiefs a screw-you-over button but also wouldn't give the lows the ability to talk smack out of range. It should never really happen but the orc clan should be the last place to see it, well, in earshot of the chief anyhow.

------
$.02

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #48132 Previous topic | Next topic