Subject: "(DEL) Sharvin the Grand Master of Artistry" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4806
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 21-Feb-02 12:16 AM
Member since 07th May 2024
16833 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4806, "(DEL) Sharvin the Grand Master of Artistry"

Thu Feb 21 00:14:24 2002

3 o''clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Dragon on the Theran calendar Sharvin perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:262
PK Ratio:71% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) Sharvin the Grand Master of Artistry, Sharvin/Arolin (Guest), 21-Feb-02 01:02 AM, #3
Reply RE: (DEL) Sharvin the Grand Master of Artistry, Nydeikon (Guest), 21-Feb-02 01:12 AM, #5
Reply hehe, Arolin (Guest), 21-Feb-02 01:16 AM, #6
     Reply RE: hehe, penz (Guest), 21-Feb-02 02:05 AM, #7
Reply RE: (DEL) Sharvin the Grand Master of Artistry, Kazahando, 21-Feb-02 03:04 AM, #9
Reply RE: (DEL) Sharvin the Grand Master of Artistry, Iillien (Guest), 21-Feb-02 07:54 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DEL) Sharvin the Grand Master of Artistry, HammerSong, 21-Feb-02 02:40 PM, #11
Reply heh, Viornsra (Guest), 21-Feb-02 06:46 PM, #13
Reply RE: (DEL) Sharvin the Grand Master of Artistry, Thrakizod (Guest), 21-Feb-02 12:48 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DEL) Sharvin the Grand Master of Artistry, Jhyrbian, 21-Feb-02 12:55 AM, #2
     Reply well, Arolin (Guest), 21-Feb-02 01:09 AM, #4
          Reply RE: well, NastyPope, 21-Feb-02 02:19 AM, #8
               Reply ragers are always a challenge, Arolin (Guest), 21-Feb-02 04:29 PM, #12

Sharvin/Arolin (Guest)Thu 21-Feb-02 01:02 AM

#4807, "RE: (DEL) Sharvin the Grand Master of Artistry"
In response to Reply #0

Well what can I say, I had alot of fun with this char.
But there is no point playing a bard if you cant fiend.
Removing fiend on battle bards is just gay.
As it stands rager powers are sort of on par of not being
able to use magic IMHO, but to lose the fiend, even a non-caballed
bard is tougher.
To make things worse, there are new policies on what eq you can wear
and since i dress like a mage, i mean a bard has to go for mana/hp
then much of that i now cant wear..
Thror sure is up to something, I thank him for allowing a smug battle
bard but damn, i dont know what he is doing to ragers right now. But
its a radical approach.

In the last few months, berserkers got screwed, now bards, now eq.

Farwells

Vorzythur, man you got a raw deal, how could you possible complete that task

Marlek, This guy gets 100 points for courage!

Konnal/blasko, Seems silly for you guys to be booted for no real reason.

Penz, You started off like some cocky greedy #####, then came out okay, as you
go through alot of good eq you eventually dont go so crazy over it, I saw that
progression with your char.

Tobeldest, I knew you want to stick it out to the bitter end and probably will

Varrik, Man, why did you have to start that thing about magic flags, *groan*

Loborguz, You sure treated my rager better than the one right before it, didnt know why
I guess you liked having a bard with ya

Tilaen, Heh, I love your arrogance, because you twist it well, you place a bit of humour in it.
I hate when people are too serious.

Viorsnra, I love fighting you, man you made me need to run so hard with that damn bird chasing me

Iillien, what can I say, I loved that your unholy nightmare took heavy to the frightful fiend, it was
very ironic.

Dullameh, heh, I dont think you ever survived the fiend, necros really dont like them. Never got the loot on you, except when i killed you as crain and maybe another character too *innocent blink*
Good luck with the lich, I would have done anything to stop mobus liching, but not you.

Nexus.. You guys really needed to work on your stratagy for a bit there, we were really thumping you hard
you had numbers and so often all got slammed. But I loved how you were all willing to give it a go.
In fact for awhile, there wasnt any regulars too afraid for action. I think you all certainly got your revenge on me tho with some serious ganking sprees. You guys are all gonna get cleaned up by scion now tho.

Warlock: Lithmowa, did you use resist mental for every single one of our fights or is your form
like the only non-vulnerable bard form?

Whever I had some berserkers with me, we really could clean house, then other times it was like
having 3 bird fly to me as i tried to escape. About 2/3rd through I started to use pk triggers.
Geez I wouldnt use them on any other class, but on a bard, they are so needed if you want to sleep people.

I had too many chars anyway, i cant believe how often someone asks
me for tatics on killing one of their enemies, and its me

Hrm, THROR, thank you for giving me the time i had, battle bards rock, just not anymore.

Arolin

Nydeikon (Guest)Thu 21-Feb-02 01:12 AM

#4812, "RE: (DEL) Sharvin the Grand Master of Artistry"
In response to Reply #3

Heh, well I knew that Sharvin was played by a badass, you were a really sound fighter, but hey, that's nothing new. Good job, I think the village is going to be really hurting without you, but I agree if I were a battle bard and they took Fiend away from me, my next keystrokes would be delete;delete. Well anyways, thanks for the fun, I never expected to get whipped by a tigerclawed bard.

Arolin (Guest)Thu 21-Feb-02 01:16 AM

#4813, "hehe"
In response to Reply #5

I spent 20 minutes solo killing the mob to get the norem mace of water
Just so i could fight you tiger clawed
Because damn man, you hit that so well, Penz on the other hand couldnt tiger claw his way out of a paper bag

penz (Guest)Thu 21-Feb-02 02:05 AM

#4814, "RE: hehe"
In response to Reply #6

Bah its at 100%, I dont get it, I try with my offhand, wielding one weapon, wearing a shield, both hands empty, I always miss first shot, but always land 2nd, it seems when in combat-I have real bad luck with kote and kans too

KazahandoThu 21-Feb-02 03:04 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4811, "RE: (DEL) Sharvin the Grand Master of Artistry"
In response to Reply #3

I've said it before I'll say it again Only thing I hate worse than a villager is a bard villager *wry* However you did real well. Hope you have fun with your next, Thanks for the ability to rest easier though *snicker*

Iillien (Guest)Thu 21-Feb-02 07:54 AM

#4810, "RE: (DEL) Sharvin the Grand Master of Artistry"
In response to Reply #3

Iillien, what can I say, I loved that your unholy nightmare took heavy to the frightful fiend, it was very ironic.

The form is horrible. You only ever killed me with fiend. I hate that damned song I never surrvive it.

-Iillien

HammerSongThu 21-Feb-02 02:40 PM
679 posts
#4809, "RE: (DEL) Sharvin the Grand Master of Artistry"
In response to Reply #3

>
>Well what can I say, I had alot of fun with this char.
>But there is no point playing a bard if you cant fiend.
>Removing fiend on battle bards is just gay.

Considering it wasn't meant to be a part of Battle bard's arsenal in the first place, I figured sooner than later would be the best time to right a wrong. Also considering that almost every bard outside of Kastellyn fully depended on this song no matter who they would fight - I knew it would end up having to go eventually.

>As it stands rager powers are sort of on par of not being
>able to use magic IMHO, but to lose the fiend, even a
>non-caballed
>bard is tougher.
>To make things worse, there are new policies on what eq you
>can wear
>and since i dress like a mage, i mean a bard has to go for
>mana/hp
>then much of that i now cant wear..

As you'll have noticed, Battle Bards in the Battle cabal are at an extremely huge advantage. Resist on top of resist. Cold be sleep to negate huge groups, when you don't see me to disturb spellcasting. It's relatively arguable how tough (battle scouts especially) a battle bard can be without the frightful fiend song.
See my board for comments on gear.

>Thror sure is up to something, I thank him for allowing a
>smug battle
>bard but damn, i dont know what he is doing to ragers right
>now. But
>its a radical approach.

I picked you out when you were busy trying to get inducted. For some reason I just knew it was you. To be honest, I wasn't really impressed with your interview but the second time around you seemed to have some different approaches. I just wish I would have seen that shine through in your non-existant RP. However, you were (as expected) a brawler that showed when you came down to throwing blows.

>In the last few months, berserkers got screwed, now bards,
>now eq.

I still don't understand why people think berserkers have gotten screwed. They have some of the best cabal powers in the game. One drawback doesn't amount to the benefits Ragers get being berserkers.

Hrm, THROR, thank you for giving me the time i had, battle
>bards rock, just not anymore.

I was hoping you would stick it out and show everyone that Battle Bards could still rock. Good job with this character and best of luck with the next.

Viornsra (Guest)Thu 21-Feb-02 06:46 PM

#4808, "heh"
In response to Reply #3

I gotta say you had some balls heh, we had a few close ones, especially that one where you JUST made it to the village eh? heheh
oh well, well done I'd say and good luck with the next one. Damn that one peck I needed heh.
laters
Gunn

Thrakizod (Guest)Thu 21-Feb-02 12:48 AM

#4815, "RE: (DEL) Sharvin the Grand Master of Artistry"
In response to Reply #0

I knew you were a one trick pony with your frightful fiend, deleting because you can't use it anymore is pretty sad.

JhyrbianThu 21-Feb-02 12:55 AM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4819, "RE: (DEL) Sharvin the Grand Master of Artistry"
In response to Reply #1

It's a pretty sound reason to delete when you're not there for roleplay.

I'd delete too if one day someone woke up and decided to take away fiend then further it by not letting me wear items with magical auras.

Arolin (Guest)Thu 21-Feb-02 01:09 AM

#4816, "well"
In response to Reply #1

Its not like that at all.
Imagine having a warrior with 2 specs and waking up one day losing one of the specs. You still killed people with the other spec, but do you really feel like continueing now that your so limited?

I posted a bunch of logs a few weeks ago on dios, I got heaps of kills without the fiend, I could still go on and kill intermediates and newbies or gang experts. But now experts know they can never/rarely die to me solo where they could before, and that is just annoying.

NastyPopeThu 21-Feb-02 02:19 AM
1 posts
#4817, "RE: well"
In response to Reply #4

Arolin, its not annoying, its a challenge, which should be the point of playing any character. You speak of a warrior losing one spec ? I've played a couple warriors, one of them being Aan, that didnt get any specs at all, but the roleplay value, and decent strategy meant I wasnt tooled all the time, not having specs made it more of a challenge, but not impossible. Dont shirk from a challenge, embrace it and show what you can really do.

Arolin (Guest)Thu 21-Feb-02 04:29 PM

#4818, "ragers are always a challenge"
In response to Reply #8

Ragers are inherently lacking in retreat to a certain extent.
My pk ratio was about 90% then ragers had a downfall and I started
to take heavy losses, 5 on 1, 4 on 1, 6 on 2, 10 on 3 etc.

With or without the fiend a rager is always a challenge character.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4806 Previous topic | Next topic