Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Reir the Spirited Spark of the Lig..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47827
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 30-Apr-06 11:40 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2024
17178 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47827, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Reir the Spirited Spark of the Light, Captain of the Brigade"

Sun Apr 30 11:38:24 2006

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Reir perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:280

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply good luck, Redegis (Guest), 02-May-06 11:33 AM, #11
Reply RE: good luck, Reir (Guest), 02-May-06 09:52 PM, #12
Reply Goodbye!, Reir (Guest), 02-May-06 02:27 AM, #4
Reply RE: Goodbye!, Kavan (Guest), 02-May-06 03:11 AM, #8
Reply RE: Goodbye!, Reir (Guest), 02-May-06 09:58 PM, #13
Reply RE: Goodbye!, Harpouzel (Guest), 02-May-06 05:55 AM, #9
Reply Bleh!, Reir (Guest), 02-May-06 10:01 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Bleh!, Harpouzel (Guest), 02-May-06 11:27 PM, #16
Reply Good job!, Silvellien (Guest), 02-May-06 08:02 AM, #10
Reply Cuddly?, Reir (Guest), 02-May-06 10:04 PM, #15
Reply Fun, fun times..., Hyzin (Guest), 03-May-06 05:55 AM, #17
Reply RE: Fun, fun times..., Reir (Guest), 03-May-06 11:41 PM, #20
     Reply He is reading this..., Yhorian (Guest), 04-May-06 05:17 AM, #21
Reply Aww, Adhelard. (Guest), 03-May-06 11:41 AM, #18
Reply RE: Goodbye!, Anaisah (Guest), 03-May-06 02:00 PM, #19
Reply I was glad to see you get leader, Lekajab (Guest), 01-May-06 06:53 PM, #3
Reply Thanks!, Reir (Guest), 02-May-06 02:35 AM, #5
Reply Good job, Crysseara, 01-May-06 03:44 PM, #2
Reply Thanks for everything.., Reir (Guest), 02-May-06 02:41 AM, #6
Reply You were an enjoyable Captain txt, Tyrelyn (Guest), 30-Apr-06 01:45 PM, #1
     Reply Good job, Reir (Guest), 02-May-06 02:46 AM, #7

Redegis (Guest)Tue 02-May-06 11:33 AM

#47884, "good luck"
In response to Reply #0

you was perfect warrior ... or i'm still bad transmuter
good luck

i have some questions for you ... could you share e-mail ?

Reir (Guest)Tue 02-May-06 09:52 PM

#47900, "RE: good luck"
In response to Reply #11

Heh you got better each time I fought you actually. Sure..you can get me at: svetta@outgun.com

Reir (Guest)Tue 02-May-06 02:27 AM

#47875, "Goodbye!"
In response to Reply #0

Well I really enjoyed playing Reir and wish I could have played her more..but with my project deadline near coupled with a near useless groupmate, I foresee no time to play at all soon. Also, I think Reir made a terrible Captain. Thus the deletion.

First off I’d like to apologise to those who had a difficult time getting me. I play from Asia so I guess those that really benefit from my playtimes would mainly be the Asians and Aussies only. School being from 9-6(+++) everyday, I wasn’t able to log on much at all either.

ON REIR:
Heh..the original role idea was a joke with a friend. The original Reir was supposed to be even more insane than the Reir that came out. Anyway Reir was a mad, energy-packed ball of fur. Sometimes I wouldn’t feel like it ooc but had to maintain the energy-level that is Reir it was quite draining. But of course, it was extremely FUN!

Am not a usual warrior player so forgive me if I made a lot of mistakes (which I did!). Was my 2nd warrior that managed to get to hero since my 1st hero a few years back.

ON CAPTAIN:
Thanks for the chance on it, hope I didn’t disappoint you guys toooo much heh. It was really interesting playing the game from this perspective, and I learned A LOT of things from the experience. Was my first leader, guess that showed clearly.

Regarding inductions, I mainly spoke with applicants only after they had gained 2 recommendations or showed a lot of good actions. So, it wasn’t tedious and I enjoyed most interviews. Those that got inducted really earned it themselves. I don’t like interviews where you get recced by mixing a few ‘passwords’ into your interview, so I tried to base interviews more on actions where you earned the place yourself.

ON SPECS, LEGACIES, RACE & CLASS:
Was a h2h and flail spec, and I enjoyed both immensely. H2h is great for those who react slow like me heh. If I ever roll anther warrior (which I think I will! They are quite addictive it seems), I think I’d take it again. Good damage output, fun and straightforward.

Flails were great too with all the utility stuff. Guess I should have messed around with the other options like eyejab more.

My legacies were Cry of Thunder and Ward of Blades. Cry’s benefits were pretty good with the healing, +dam,+hit,+con,+str,-svspell and short timer and I wouldn’t mind taking such a fun legacy again.

Ward of Blades wasn’t bad at all either, and I took it as suggested by a friend for flail/h2h defense, especially after entwines. Can’t be too sure if it aided with parrying flurries. H2h damage output as well as defense level was better than flail (at least for felar).

Am not a big fan of practising everything to 100% and would only really do so with neuro for a transmuter. So I guess I missed on some kills heh.

Felar was a terribly fun class to play, especially for warriors. They didn’t need much to survive and I liked 23 con.

Alright on to the goodbyes!

IMMORTALS:
Aarn – Hey, thanks so much for everything. I had no idea at all why you made me Captain as I seem to be more the support-player sort, but thanks for the shot at the spot it was a really cool experience. Was an Aarn follower but I faded off in the end I think heh. Sorry about that. Anyway, think you’re a great imm with great dwarven class and I liked you lots.

Corrlaan – I liked you as well. Thanks for whatever little interaction you gave, it was fun!

Crysseara – It’s funny how I never interacted with you as a mortal but more when you immorted! Anyway, thanks for thinking of the title I really liked it. Thought Crysseara was a great ava as well..stable and friendly. Thanks for everything, and all the best in imm-land!

MORTALS:
BEST BUDS:
Harpouzel – Hey! Pity I didn’t see you more often. You were my favourite ally and friend..extremely generous, reliable and fun. Sorry for deleting on you like that. Have been contemplating deletion for some time now, and the only reason I couldn’t bear to was running about with you. Thanks for all the regear and repotion runs, and especially for all the fun.

Adalanthal – Another of Reir’s favourites and a friend she’ll miss as well. I remember in the earlier life of Reir where you and I would sneak about together fighting/retrieving as usually there weren’t any other Forties on during my play time. You taught me a lot of things as well and I enjoyed fighting by your side each time. Keep up the good work, I think you rock.

FORTRESS:
Heh..sorry to those whom I led to death! Sometimes I get too excited, over-estimate us/under-estimate them or was simply too tired to think straight..and that cost quite a number of deaths, especially my own. Thanks for the patience all of you.

Alriac – Hey, just wanted to know if everything is alright.When you deleted and I found out you were Gery too, I was really excited heh. Our last chars that were in the same cabal too were also of the same class, sphere and god. It was a pleasure to fight by your side again for sure.

Hyzin - Sorry about that last death. That death was the final straw that helped me towards deletion..I was leading too many people kamikaze style and half-asleep. Anyway think you’re doing a better job than me! Was really glad when you got made Marshall as your timing is more favourable than mine and you were knowledgeable. Keep up the good work, I’m sure you’ll be a really good Marshall.

Anaisah – I really liked Ana too. Think she’s doing pretty well so far so keep up the good work! Thanks for all the aid and fun, and for mixing up with me in good sport during raids. Well-rped and lovable as well.

Saroiya – Keep up the excellent work and preachings..you’re a great char. And I really liked watching you perform your meditations heh.

Adhelard – Remember running about with you in the lower ranks and wanting to get into Fort like you. Your rp against Reir’s was fun, especially on watery issues. Crossing the Aryth where you’d put Reir on your shoulders as a scout ha.

Seltun – You’re an awesome and fun/funny bard. Loved Seltun, her competency, attitude and class.

Anordes – Good char and good rp. Thanks for all the shields, talks and pats!

Dihir – Another one I thought pretty good. Keep it up!

Banscyeltan – I liked your char a lot..he was pretty much like Reir’s char actually! In the sense of simplicity. No fancy words, and actions more than words. Keep up the good work and I’m sure you’ll be Maran soon!

Hrawl – One of those that I wished our playtimes could have overlapped more. Think I only met you twice in my entire life, but I really liked this char. His personality, and his race! It seemed like every other felar I bumped into in-game I liked, seriously.

Chokiare – Also another I wish I could have interacted more with. One of the better interviews I had which I enjoyed immensely. You promoted yourself well too But hey, you’re a cat too so Reir’s bound to like you!

Thargris – Enjoyed your char and his tenacity and attitude.

Nefahrin – What little I saw of you was really impressive. That time at the Fort where you beat back I think it was Imperials and killed some of them was really cool.

Jinsonai – Now where did you go? The best interview Reir had was yours hands down. You impressed the hell out of me as well fighting like you did.

ENEMIES:
Cabdru – You impressed me terribly. It was awesome watching you destroy us/me even at our own grounds. It’s not everyday you get to experience/see such pk prowess and it was a beauty to watch. With you as Chancellor, the Scions will be a deadlier force than their already deathfulness. All the best to you!

Redegis – Didn’t like you about My favourite class is the transmuter so I’d worry on what you’d do to me heh. As with any fight, transmuters are something to worry about. Keep it up, and I’m sure you’ll be a force to be reckoned with.

Tyrelyn – Didn’t get to interact/fight against many Imperials later in life so I enjoyed what little scruffles we had and I’m sure when you hit hero, you’ll be a great asset to the Empire. You have skill, good attitude and much heart which was pleasant to note.

OTHERS:
Talimyrlin & Iggmov – Now where did the both of you go to!? Most fun ever ranking session I had was the Azreth one with you guys. Our roles played off against each other’s really well, and you guys were just lots of fun. Wish you both had managed to enter Fort too..bet it would have been great fun and we would have made a great team!

Jujeeko – Hey! Cute little felar! Wish I could have met you more. You were interesting and I really liked your company.

Ferrsaan – I know, we didn’t exactly interact or talk much, only some fights. But I enjoyed the feel I got from your char anyway. Seemed a really skilled PKer as well.

Caroolth – Seems to be doing pretty well too. Wanted to thank you for the duel that time for a way out of Wanted and for not touching a single thing. Much respect.

Think that’s about it for now. If you wish to post I’ll reply. Thanks for all the fun!

-Sheryl

Some past chars: Ginharq, Rusenlan, Aumaenka, Reir

Kavan (Guest)Tue 02-May-06 03:11 AM

#47880, "RE: Goodbye!"
In response to Reply #4

You're just weird . I knew Ginharq pretty well with another character of mine, and I'm definitely glad to have know Reir. You were pretty balls to the wall, and I definitely think I got to witness the majority of your deaths . I had a blast though, and wanted to thank you for inducting me into the fort. You were a cool cat, and definitely someone I looked up to.

Kavan

Reir (Guest)Tue 02-May-06 09:58 PM

#47901, "RE: Goodbye!"
In response to Reply #8

Ha..Kavan was a weird one himself. I didn't quite know how to handle him I guess it's in his role to be somewhat bitter and snide? Yet sometimes you were funny. Anyway I made a lot of mistakes so thanks for bearing with them..and yes, I think you were one of those who saw me die the most. Thanks for all the hidden reports, definitely cool to have a hidden eye in Fort. All the best!

Harpouzel (Guest)Tue 02-May-06 05:55 AM

#47881, "RE: Goodbye!"
In response to Reply #4

Ginharq! Rusenlan! My oh My
Its you. My Oh My.

Reir (Guest)Tue 02-May-06 10:01 PM

#47902, "Bleh!"
In response to Reply #9

I write four lines of goodbye to you and all you leave me with is two rows of mystique!? *grumble* Anyway those two lines sound somewhat familiar if placed in a certain char's mouth. We'll see when you die yourself. Good luck with Harpouzel!

Harpouzel (Guest)Tue 02-May-06 11:27 PM

#47905, "RE: Bleh!"
In response to Reply #14

Rusenlan = elf bard villager? If thats the case, you'll know me, because you love jumping into my quicksand.

Silvellien (Guest)Tue 02-May-06 08:02 AM

#47883, "Good job!"
In response to Reply #4

I quite enjoyed your character. It was fun running with you, and your RP was too damned cuddly.

On a PK level, I didn't fight with you that much, but you seemed competent to me ^^

Reir (Guest)Tue 02-May-06 10:04 PM

#47903, "Cuddly?"
In response to Reply #10

Should have punched you more. Didn't get to interact with Silvellien much due to different times I guess..but from what little I did with you, I enjoyed your attitude and heart..very energetic and enthusiastic. Hope you're having fun with your current char!

Hyzin (Guest)Wed 03-May-06 05:55 AM

#47909, "Fun, fun times..."
In response to Reply #4

Sad to see you go - the energy you gave out? So feelable even from my position. I loved every second of it.

As for playing captain, you inspired. Thats what a leader needs to do. Perhaps you did lead people off to their deaths - but this game has always been primarily about fun. Anyone who died with Reir would be guaranteed to be having fun all round. Even me as a pessimistic Marshall. Truth be told, I went a little more pessimistic because Reir was such an insane optomist. He he.

And Rusenlan? That explains why I thought you would be Ritur! I really enjoyed the Ritur style speech as well, and am gonna have to give it a spin myself. Felar look teh awesome, with all those crazy tail emotes. I hope lots of other felar players pick up that way of speaking as well - it feels perfect the way its being done.

Hyzin da tigger.

Reir (Guest)Wed 03-May-06 11:41 PM

#47924, "RE: Fun, fun times..."
In response to Reply #17

Heh..yes I remember Hyzin having to calm Reir down a few times. And I couldn't possibly be Ritur..he dies much less than me! I agree on the Ritur speech though and if he's reading this, I did steal his speech to a certain extent I just thought 'that's how all felar is supposed to speak!'. Luck with the tigger.

Yhorian (Guest)Thu 04-May-06 05:17 AM

#47928, "He is reading this..."
In response to Reply #20

And he's trying to figure out how to steal it back

I make steal of you, then see how like, mre? Is no fair!

Ritur Yana-thran.

Adhelard. (Guest)Wed 03-May-06 11:41 AM

#47918, "Aww"
In response to Reply #4

For a couple of weeks when I was away from work, I saw you all the time while ranking up. And it was a blast. Then I started working again, and with other responsibilities, my times just completely transformed into "Oh, maybe I can play for an uninterupted hour now" - and then I never saw you ever again. Literally. Which was sad because Reir was so much fun. The last fortress character I played was maybe five years ago, and now I know why your personality was just about the only familiar note

Anaisah (Guest)Wed 03-May-06 02:00 PM

#47919, "RE: Goodbye!"
In response to Reply #4

Aw! I'll miss you, cat! You were a lot of fun and I always enjoyed logging on to find you.

Lekajab (Guest)Mon 01-May-06 06:53 PM

#47871, "I was glad to see you get leader"
In response to Reply #0

Loved your felarish RP made me want to talk to you often and travel with you when you would.
Sometimes you struck me as green but eitherway you'd always manage to impress me by out balls to the walling me.
Good job, you should join team evil sometime!

Reir (Guest)Tue 02-May-06 02:35 AM

#47877, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #3

I enjoyed rping the felarish rp as well heh. Like I said in your goodbyes, you were my favourite Fortie, and still is even after deletion. I am slightly green I guess..especially in the warrior department!

As for team evil, maybe I'll try again someday! I have a role idea in mind for an Imperial..and maybe I'll try it when I get some time to play.

Anyway, Lekejab rocked and hope to meet you in the fields again.

CryssearaMon 01-May-06 03:44 PM
Member since 05th Mar 2006
53 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47867, "Good job"
In response to Reply #0

From the limited amount I could see from up in heroimm-land, you did a great job as a Captain. You weren't a gather and lead the troops leader, but the Fortress still seemed a lot happier when you were around.

Good luck on your next, you fiesty kitty! (I hope you liked the title!)

- Crys

Reir (Guest)Tue 02-May-06 02:41 AM

#47878, "Thanks for everything.."
In response to Reply #2

Heh..yeah I know..I'm more of a support-player actually. I tried my best to gather and lead but more often than not, I didn't know what to do with so people following me everywhere especially when there's no raids. 'Anybody needs gear? - No.' 'Anything you guys want to do? - No.' So we'd just sit around and drink some tea.

Anyway, good job with Crysseara too I really liked the char.

Tyrelyn (Guest)Sun 30-Apr-06 01:45 PM

#47831, "You were an enjoyable Captain txt"
In response to Reply #0

Every time we fought I got a little closer to killing you. I was looking forward to getting another shot at you now that I've got a legacy to see if I could turn the tables on you. But now you're gone. I guess Tyr will just have to grind his teeth at night over this one.

Great character! Good luck on your next.

Reir (Guest)Tue 02-May-06 02:46 AM

#47879, "Good job"
In response to Reply #1

Thanks, and I liked Tyrelyn a lot too. Excellent char with much skill and heart to match. Keep at it and I'm sure you're in for lots of good stuff. All the best!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47827 Previous topic | Next topic